You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 05, 2016, 06:49:34 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Pathfinder Adventure Path  (Read 1132 times)

Offline AutocadTopic starter

Pathfinder Adventure Path
« on: December 19, 2015, 09:58:31 PM »
Because Autocad doesn't give up!

Looking for 2 players whose characters will be best buddies.

Possible paths:

Runelords
Crimson Throne
Council of Thieves
Kingmaker
Jade Regent
Skull and Shackles

Offline Chulanowa

Re: Pathfinder Adventure Path
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2015, 11:56:53 PM »
Well, with the exception of Council, those sound all good to me. Lean more towards Kingmaker and Runelords / Jade regent (Giantslayer if you've got it, too  ;) )

Offline kckolbe

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2015, 12:03:44 AM »
I think I could manage being best buds with a char of Chula's.  I haven't played any of those, but I've read through Crimson Throne.

Online Muse

• Bibliopheliac -- Luna's Arcangel -- PiP's Sidhe Lord -- Karasu's Heartthrob -- Tyloka's Dragon -- Mistress Voluptuouss's Hand Bra -- Making Allanger Welcome at her Destination
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 6
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2015, 03:55:55 AM »
*laughs*  And KC beat me to the punch. Have fun you three. 

Offline ChaoticSky

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2015, 10:18:52 AM »
I would also be interested if your not just doing first come/first serve.

Any of those would be good for me, though I admit some keenness for Rise.

Offline Ixy

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2015, 10:40:44 AM »
I, too, would love to play a Pathfinder path-- if you have a decision, please let us know what kind of characters you'd be looking for.  Maybe those who are expressing interest could compare some background ideas, and you could pick a pair to match up?

Offline Blinkin

• Court Jester extraordinaire!
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • I try to be good, but it's such hard work!
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2015, 11:21:28 AM »
I'll say the same, if it's not first come, first serve, I'll throw my hate in. It would be nice to play with a "friend" character for a change. I'm open for any of the paths, although I've tried Kingmaker and Skull's, I've never gotten beyond the first few scenes of either.

And I'm always happy to work out backgrounds and such, even if few seem to want to do that these days. lol

The sex and class of whatever character that I offer would depend heavily upon what would be needed/desired by the GM and co-partner to make the best fit for a pair of adventurers... although I wonder as most adventure paths are designed for 4 players.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 02:43:49 AM by Blinkin »

Offline Ixy

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2015, 12:08:29 PM »
I echo Blinkin here.  I suppose the question is: What path are you interested in running, so we can start putting together some ideas for you?

Offline Nanachan

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2015, 12:19:01 AM »
A duo slash fuckbuddy kind of deal sounds fun! I'd love to play, depending on settings

Offline Miroque

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2015, 12:39:04 AM »
I could join up to Kingmaker. Thats the only one I know of from the list.

Offline Lunar Raven

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2015, 05:13:20 AM »
I'll throw in my pitch for this one, if roles haven't been taken.  I'm kind of partial to Jade Regeant; Rise of the Runelords; and Kingmaker in that order of preference.

Some character ideas I'm brainstorming are:
  • A female kitsune (if the adventure has a particularly bent, she might even be a futa) with a male human form.  Possibly a Mesmerist (CN-CG) dedicated to Calistria.
  • An Aasimar Paladin or Kineticist, with a strong Agathion heritage, and thus some... animal characteristics.
  • An Android (Unchained) Monk (LN) or Investigator (N), who's getting in touch with his 'living' (rather than construct) nature.  Unique to his type (who are generally sterile), he was programmed/developed a nano-technological quirk that allows him to father (android) children.

If anyone want to brainstorm partner ideas, I'm all ears!

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2015, 08:30:21 AM »
A lot of positive reception!

OK, so I'll most likely be going with Jade Regent.

The characters will be Minkai-descended characters, trying to hang on to their Minkai culture with Minkai mannerisms and classes (samurai, miko-themed divine caster, that sort of thing)

(For people who don't get it, replace "Minkai" with "Japanese" to understand what's going on.)

A human character, and only a human, can possibly be the heir to the throne.

Since there's so much interest, I might also do another game.

Based on Touhou, no original characters allowed - remake the canon characters with high-level Pathfinder characters. Like, Reimu is a cleric, Marisa is a wizard, that sort of thing. There're a gazillion canon characters to work with, so no shortage there.

And go through the plot of some of the Touhou games in a world where the formalized elegance and non-lethality of danmaku is replaced with merciless d20 combat.

Feel free to fangasm with me or tell me what a bad idea this is.  :P
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 08:37:29 AM by Autocad »

Offline Miroque

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2015, 09:04:53 AM »
As your running Jade Regent, would you take total newbie to that game? I could form up an application (wiht japanise twist) but dont have the rules for such.. if the AP forces to put somehting on it.

I have been thinking female Human Summoner...
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 09:36:41 AM by Miroque »

Offline kckolbe

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2015, 09:10:01 AM »
The idea doesn't appeal to me, but there are likely plenty who will go for it.  Best of luck.

Offline Lunar Raven

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2015, 09:35:26 AM »
A lot of positive reception!

OK, so I'll most likely be going with Jade Regent.

The characters will be Minkai-descended characters, trying to hang on to their Minkai culture with Minkai mannerisms and classes (samurai, miko-themed divine caster, that sort of thing)

(For people who don't get it, replace "Minkai" with "Japanese" to understand what's going on.)

A human character, and only a human, can possibly be the heir to the throne.
Just to check, does this mean that the four Paizo characters (Ameiko, Koya, Sandru, and Shalelu) won't be making an appearance?

Are there any particular race choices you won't be accepting (just to check options).  Thanks.

Offline Blinkin

• Court Jester extraordinaire!
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • I try to be good, but it's such hard work!
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2015, 10:45:27 AM »
Sadly, I have no interest in oriental adventures, I'm probably in the vast minority in this regard, but all of the decades of bad anime and the over-use of japanese terms has just turned me off of the entire genre.

I wish you a great game though. :)

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2015, 11:31:05 AM »
There are some specific Japanese-themed classes like Samurai and Ninja, but generally you can take a class and give it a Far Eastern feel through fluff and description, without necessarily changing the mechanics.

The four Paizo NPCs may or may not appear, depending. Don't count on them, though. Unless your character background is the sibling of one of them or something.

No race restrictions but don't read this as permission to munchkin and make a half-dragon half-giant half-demon minotaur or something.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 11:33:57 AM by Autocad »

Offline Lunar Raven

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2015, 11:39:02 AM »
No race restrictions but don't read this as permission to munchkin and make a half-dragon half-giant half-demon minotaur or something.
Lol, wouldn't have gone that far.

Offline Chulanowa

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2015, 12:05:38 PM »
Jade Regent, gotcher. I've actually got a few ideas on that, happily enough.

20 point buy, two traits I'm guessing?

What i'm looking at thus far is a "child of two peoples," a child born of Tian-Min and Avistani (probably Varisian, maybe Ulfen or Shoanti)  parents. This points more towards human, but I'm not interested in running the "heir," so it could as easily run with any medium-size "human-type" (such as the human-descended races like Aasimar or Suli-Jann, or half-elf, or whatever - Look Autocad, no halflings!) Class-wise I'm not real picky, and will happily play off a partner; the tank to your robe, the cleric to your trap-setter-offer, the fifth wheel to your summoner...  ;D
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 04:00:38 PM by Chulanowa »

Offline Snake

« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2015, 12:49:00 PM »
Jade Regent is good with a larger party rather than 2 and I'd join in on it.

Offline Zaer Darkwail

« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2015, 04:20:29 PM »
I voice also interest to join Jade Regent if game is started. Would go and use a samurai class (likely the dual wielding variant who masters dual blade use).

Offline Ixy

« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2015, 05:46:10 PM »
Ok, well, thanks for your time.  I don't think there's much here to work with for me. 

Offline ChaoticSky

« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2015, 08:33:25 PM »
Also out, Jade is one of the APs im more interested in, but this.... isnt anything like how i always wanted to engage with that AP. Insisting we be super japanesey is bad enough, but cutting out the core NPCs is too much.

And touhou? No ho.  :P

Offline Chulanowa

« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2015, 11:58:31 PM »
Also out, Jade is one of the APs im more interested in, but this.... isnt anything like how i always wanted to engage with that AP. Insisting we be super japanesey is bad enough, but cutting out the core NPCs is too much.

And touhou? No ho.  :P

I think the Touhou stuff is for a different game...

« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2015, 12:55:19 AM »
True dat!