You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.
October 25, 2016, 09:17:48 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Volunteer Auction Suggestion  (Read 305 times)

Online Rel MayerTopic starter

Volunteer Auction Suggestion
« on: December 15, 2015, 06:45:04 PM »
Heya! I posted this in the forum, but since the auction is currently over ... I don't think anyone saw it! I honestly would just like to hear people's opinion of this (good and bad), and if this would actually benefit Elliquiy.

Random Suggestion:

Sorry if I'm stepping on toes right now, but I'm just going to throw in a suggestion...

Is it possible to have two Volunteer Auctions a year? One in the Fall and one in the Spring/Summer (think tax return season). The reason why I'm bring it is up is because if there is one in Spring time (rather than right before the Holiday madness) there is a greater chance that people will have extra funds to donate to Elliquiy. There is usually higher activity in the Spring/Summer too (at least from what I've noticed). Another thing is we are not lacking, in the slightest, people who want to volunteer.

The cons would be that you run the risk of the donations being lower in one auction than the other, but you also have the opportunity of people who were unable to donate and participate in the last auction (because of financial reasons or inactivity) to participate in the one that can be in the Spring/Summer. There is another con of the GM/GMs running the contest may find doing this twice a year a bit overwhelming.

It's just a thought. :)

Online Beautiful Mystery

• Beautifully Mysterious Woman ⊰ Sofia's 'sista from another mista' ⊰ Sakura's Chickaboo
  • Lady Mentor
  • Enchanter
  • There is a wild side behind this innocent face ;)
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
Re: Volunteer Auction Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2015, 09:49:45 PM »
Honestly, I love this idea. I feel as though there is a lot of people that are currently waiting for the auction so there wouldn't be a shortage of people (perhaps more shortage on Lieges and Lords though). But I agree that it would be up to the GM's.

However, I still would love the idea. So I give it a +1!

Online Dim Hon

• The Horrible, Lovely Thing || The Sorcerer's Familiar || Not This || Sinners' Nadir || Desire of the Endless || More Dark In Me Than Bones || St. Fucking
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • The Aforementioned Darkness
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 19
Re: Volunteer Auction Suggestion
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2015, 10:16:41 PM »
We do have to be careful how often we run them; donor's fatigue is a thing we have to factor into all our donation drives. Just because the back-log of volunteers is large doesn't mean people will be willing to participate in the bidding.

There has to be interest shown from the bidder's side as much from the volunteers.