You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 04, 2016, 10:30:40 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Illegible Blue Screen event - (Updated)  (Read 433 times)

Offline OniyaTopic starter

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
Illegible Blue Screen event - (Updated)
« on: November 28, 2015, 09:36:11 AM »
I have been upgraded to Windows 10, and everything was working fine yesterday.  I was able to use all my usual applications, and shut down for the night.

This morning, when I went to start my computer, it cycled the startup a few times, and then gave me a completely illegible blue screen - if you've ever played with the horizontal hold on an old TV, this is how illegible it was.  Literally no coherently connected pixels, so I have no error message to work from.  I did a restore back to 11/26 9PM (which was when it was freshly updated and working fine), but no dice.  I was finally able to get functional with Safe Mode plus Networking.  All drivers appear to be up-to-date according to my Device Manager.  (Although, I am suspecting it's still an issue with my Display Driver from the symptoms.)

EDIT:  Okay - it seems to be behaving now.  But could someone tell me why reinstalling my printer driver would correct a problem that caused such a massive display glitch?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 10:27:53 AM by Oniya »

Offline MasterMischief

Re: Illegible Blue Screen event - (Updated)
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2015, 04:05:41 PM »
You're not using an HP computer are you?  I can't imagine a printer driver causing anything like you were explaining.  I have had some odd display issues when my cable worked loose.  I would think it would either be on or off, not screw up my screen, but that was what it did.