News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

PM - restricted access?

Started by Sofia Grace, November 21, 2015, 01:07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sofia Grace

I've noticed that the past couple of days, I'll go to answer a PM, or preview a message while writing it and I'll get a prompt that I'm not allowed access into 'this section' - and my message is deleted.  Can anyone offer insight?
i am a fire
gasoline, come pour yourself all over me
we'll let this place go down in flames
only one more time

[ O/O ] [ A/A ]

Beguile's Mistress

When that happens to me I've learned to use the back arrow and copy my post then click the read messages command and post my reply over again.

I don't know what causes it, though.

Kye

Have you tried clearing the cookies?

AmberStarfire

When I've had this happen, I think it was because I was trying to reply to or view messages from an outdated page. Like the details of the message had changed because other messages had come in and the previous link wouldn't allow me access. It doesn't tend to happen if I refresh my inbox tab, right click on the message and reply there (or right click, bringing up another reply tab).

Sofia Grace

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on November 21, 2015, 02:48:35 PM
When that happens to me I've learned to use the back arrow and copy my post then click the read messages command and post my reply over again.

I don't know what causes it, though.

That's what I've been doing.  It's odd, for sure.  I wonder why it happens...

Quote from: Kyrsa on November 21, 2015, 07:52:14 PM
Have you tried clearing the cookies?

I'll try that now!  Thank you.

Quote from: AmberStarfire on November 22, 2015, 01:09:50 AM
When I've had this happen, I think it was because I was trying to reply to or view messages from an outdated page. Like the details of the message had changed because other messages had come in and the previous link wouldn't allow me access. It doesn't tend to happen if I refresh my inbox tab, right click on the message and reply there (or right click, bringing up another reply tab).

Innnnnteresting...  I'll keep that in mind.
i am a fire
only one more time

[ O/O ] [ A/A ]

Beguile's Mistress

It's been happening for years and I've never figured out why.  I just try to work around it.

Sofia Grace

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on November 22, 2015, 01:22:14 AM
It's been happening for years and I've never figured out why.  I just try to work around it.

Oh!  Well, that makes me feel better to know that it's not an isolated issue.  Thank you, BeMi!
i am a fire
only one more time

[ O/O ] [ A/A ]

Vekseid

Hopefully this is one of the myriad issues Elkarte fixes. If not the Private Conversation pass will do it in >_>