You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 09, 2016, 01:22:36 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: My Blog - A Gay Marriage entry  (Read 761 times)

Offline Older And WiserTopic starter

My Blog - A Gay Marriage entry
« on: November 15, 2008, 02:36:15 PM »
I would love to know what you all think of this entry
http://tamethemonkeymind.blogspot.com/2008/11/inherent-injust-of-laws-preventing.html
Comments are welcome.  Thanks

Offline Tawni Black

Re: My Blog - A Gay Marriage entry
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 02:42:34 PM »
It was a truly inspiring blog post. It took a stand point I had not yet considered (though I am also for Gay Marriage Rights). Thank you.

Offline Maeven

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 11:19:31 AM »
Very nice post O&W (hope you don't mind me calling you that... It does sort of have a ring to it you know). Thanks for pointing me in the direction.  Letter from a Birmingham Jail was timeless when it was written and continues to speak to us all.

Offline Pumpkin Seeds

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 08:20:35 PM »
Wouldn’t you view the analogy between the Civil Rights movement and the movement to legalize gay marriage a bit extreme?  Seems there were a lot of issues being fought for and over with the former, while the latter is over a singular item.

Offline Older And WiserTopic starter

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2008, 09:55:39 PM »
Wouldn’t you view the analogy between the Civil Rights movement and the movement to legalize gay marriage a bit extreme?  Seems there were a lot of issues being fought for and over with the former, while the latter is over a singular item.
The concepts are the same, though I would never compare what happen to people of African desent with what happens to gay and lesbian folks.  While discrimination based on sexual preference is wrong, the historical wrongs of slavery, Jim Crow, segregation, lynchings, etc are far worse. 

So think of it, in terms of historical wrongs, as the difference between an assault and a murder.  The principals are the same, but the degree of wrong done to African Americans was far worse.