Black Lagoon RPG Reboot (Based on Anime/Manga Series, Freeform)

Started by Daril, November 05, 2015, 12:40:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daril

I'm seeking to reboot a RPG based on the anime/manga series Black Lagoon.  Ideally I'd like to find players who are able to post daily; more realistically I'd at least like to get players who generally don't keep others waiting more than a couple days for a response.

Players will take on the role of crewmembers aboard the "Delivery Boat" Lucky Strike (an ex-Soviet Navy P6), also known as the "Unlucky Strike" due to most of its previous crew being killed in a dishonest customer's attempt to seize the craft during a delivery.  I've been aiming for a relatively gender balanced crew, but given that action girls are a key part of Black Lagoon's popularity, I would also accept one that is entirely female.  I've kind of wanted to avoid a harem like situation though -Black Lagoon isn't that type of series.

This is the current crew, to be played by myself and two other players from the previous RPG:

Luu My Lien: A young woman who grew up on Roanapur's "Delivery Boats" after her father (an ex Republic of Vietnam Navy sailor) was widowed, and the Lucky Strike's current Captain.  An excellent quick draw shooter.
Alex: The boat's armorer.  A former mafia bodyguard and a mercenary with experience fighting in Africa.
"Ami" Seong: The mechanically gifted daughter of a wealthy Korean businessman.  Her being kidnapped for ransom then "rescued" by the crew when they come to steal the cargo of the smuggling ship she's being held upon -as well as conflict with others who are after the reward being offered for her rescue- are a key part of the current plan for the RPG's initial storyline.  I count her as part of the crew because it's intended that she'll eventually end up as the boat's mechanic.

If we go for a gender balanced crew, I will also be adding in Jonathan Hawke, a former SEAL whom the boat's crew plucked out of the water following a deniable mission gone bad.

I've included the character profile template below.  None of the sections needs to be very long.  Actually, I would generally prefer that potential characters get a basic outline approved before they do up a full profile.

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Nationality:[/b]
[b]Sexual Orientation:[/b]
[b]Biography:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b] Pictures are helpful but not mandatory.  I don't have one for Luu My Lien.
[b]Weapon(s) of choice:[/b] Please stick to weapons that were available circa 1995.  I can likely make some suggestions in that regard if you need them.
[b]Fighting style/tactics:[/b]