[Dungeon World] Fate's own Reward OOC

Started by wander, October 28, 2015, 08:07:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wander

For ooc discussion... ^^;;

Regarding IC, based on your roll Rish, you'll have 3 uses of the Move before returning back to your halfling form. I'll post up a response detailing the actions of the two you're with and specifically towards yourself something for you to react to.

Rish

Alright man!

Roll: Bear Transformation - Move: Mighty Maul. It is a melee move that uses Str as a modifier and will double base damage if you get 10+ when you attack. You'll also be able to roll this instead of Defy Danger when attacked in melee.
2d6+2. (Below 6 = Single use.)
Result: 14 = Success. 3 Uses.

Now with this note I'm going to delete the OOC post I made.

wander

I'll mention lots of the rolls here and the bearing they have, because the GM in Dungeon World never rolls a dice, for yourself and the other players, if you want to do a Move that has a roll or feel you may want to anticipate me asking for a roll from you, you can play the roll at the end of a narrative IC post in a spoiler below it:

OOC
like this ^^

Cassandra LeMay

Wander, a question for you: In the interest check thread you said
Quote from: wander on September 27, 2015, 03:05:46 PM
Cass, don't feel you need to start in any of the map bits already filled in, I'd actually pass 1xp for you to state a new place your own adventure starts in and more xp aside for other questions I'll have that you answer. You can easily kick off at enough xp for Level 2 before the game starts.
Do I get to mark XP for introducing the village of Henrir's Crossing in Gar's profile as his starting area? When I saw that Thumper already has enough XP for level 2 I was wondering if I had missed something, and I think you never made a call on that potential XP for Gar. All I have now are the XP you gave me for answering your PM questions.
ONs, OFFs, and writing samples | Oath of the Drake

You can not value dreams according to the odds of their becoming true.
(Sonia Sotomayor)

wander

I had quite a few prompts for Rish, in that regard. With your own answers, I had less prompts to ask from yourself. Now, as far as starting levels go, everyone is Level 1 when the game starts, even with their xp as it may be. You will need to actually perform the Level Up Move to bring your Levels up to what your xp rewards give, kinda like the camping mechanic from Final Fantasy 15.

However, yes... I will give you 1xp for that and I also will be updating the map, to detail Rish's starting point and your own too. Something else to add to the list today... xD

Rish

Will our other player get a chance to add to the map as well?

wander

Yep, with their prompting questions for starting xp, they'll also get to talk about locations etc.

It looks like a fourth player will be joining in as a Cleric too. I am currently editing together the map as it stands with Cassandra ready to kick off. I'll also be creating a character thread, if everyone posts their complete character sheet there, that'll help all of us I think when looking into making rolls and updating when y'all start picking up Coin and Treasures and working up your Loads.

Character Sheet Thread;
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=238860.0

New Map, please refer to this one from now on;

wander

Notice:

I decided last night I won't be continuing to GM this game. It slowly has turned to become more of a chore than a game to myself and I apologise for building everyone up this long to just drop out. However I just have been stressing over this game more than actually finding it to be a game. I know crazymage and Cass have the corebook, if either of you would like to take over running this game, that's good, same as if you all are fine to leave this game die.

Take care all.