You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 05, 2016, 10:50:42 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Int. Check: Fairy Tale Superheroes - Avengers Grimm (Need males!)  (Read 2342 times)

Offline MathimTopic starter

Re: Interest Check: Fairy Tale Superheroes (Avengers Grimm) Take II
« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2015, 09:16:52 PM »
We could definitely do with an Aladdin on the heroes' side - it would be handy to have someone who actually knows something about djinni. :)

Ooh, yes, someone Rumplestiltskin would absolutely HATE: A human who once was a Djinn's master, the indignity of it all!

Also, let me give everyone some good news, as far as most characters (at least in the Disney versions) having animal or other creatures as sidekicks: If you would like for those characters to have these pets/pals as a familiar, that is perfectly fine. Maybe they only manifest spiritually, or maybe they have to be conjured up for a predetermined amount of time by the character at the cost of some of their magical strength. That's totally cool, as long as it's reasonable. More than two might be pushing it, but otherwise I don't see why we can't include them. But you'd have to control them as NPCs since if no one else volunteers to play them, there's no other realistic way to have that happen.

So for instance, Jafar could have Iago as a familiar, Aladdin could have Abu, Ursula could have her eel minions and so forth. Even those that didn't have one in the stories, if it makes sense to the lore, then that should be A-OK.

Okay, so anyone itching to start, here is what you need to know, and then you're free to have at it in the IC thread:

Rumplestiltskin's invasion of Snow White's castle is under way, and he's sent out a beacon of sorts to signal all of his allies that the time to follow him to the new realm is at hand, and that they should either be en route or just receiving the signal and preparing to move out.

Anyone who is an ally of Snow White will be receiving a similar distress signal and again, be either en route or just receiving it and preparing for battle. BUT they will be a few hours behind the villains, so the villains will control the castle by the time the heroes show up.

So if anyone wants to get this party started, go for it! We're not going to be that stringent on traveling distances, especially with magic involved, so don't worry about that kind of thing. The villains got the message first so that's just why they're a few hours ahead.

Also, what do you guys think of the advertisement in my new signature?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 09:25:36 PM by Mathim »

Offline LamentingQuill

« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2015, 10:46:07 PM »
I'm working on Snow White's first post and it should be ready by sometime tomorrow.

« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2015, 08:13:43 AM »
Posted! I hope everyone appreciates that I squeezed in a 'dearie' into Rumple's dialogue, LOL.

Offline Senti

• Queen of Mooey Land
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • Location: With the Mushroom People. Along with drinking tea with Loves whilst looking innocent, as well as dancing in the trees with Kendra...oh and digging holes in the garden and cleaning knives...: Goodness i am busy :))
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2015, 12:01:43 PM »
Sent Character still looking for a pic.

Offline LamentingQuill

« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2015, 01:07:52 PM »
Posted! I hope everyone appreciates that I squeezed in a 'dearie' into Rumple's dialogue, LOL.

I did, it made me chuckle, lol

Re: Int. Check: Fairy Tale Superheroes - Avengers Grimm (Need males!)
« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2015, 04:10:35 PM »
I changed the name of the thread so we could advertise that we're looking for male characters. Hopefully we get a few more interested parties soon!

Offline Isengrad

« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2015, 07:40:52 AM »
This seems like it might be fun, I could certainly pull out a Beast or a Headless horseman.

« Reply #57 on: December 14, 2015, 08:32:36 AM »
This seems like it might be fun, I could certainly pull out a Beast or a Headless horseman.

Well, I'm sorry to say, this idea fizzled out again. Perhaps when a third attempt is made we'll have success but right now I'm not in the right frame of mind to GM it.