Vita Ante Acta - A Life Done Before
Psychological || Survival Horror || Gothic Mystery || Dark themes
▫ ▪ ▫
Over winter break a university student pursuing a fine arts degree travels abroad with their best friend. Through an awfully inconvenient turn of events they end up stranded in an isolated village that seems stuck in the past. Their friend excuses the oddity of the locals by insisting itís just a poorly attended tourist attraction with superb (if unsettling) reenactments. The pair end up staying overnight in the nearby castle with plans to hitch a ride out of the village the next day. The castle servants are just as odd as the villagers, but they are eager to serve and help the guests settle in for the night Ė though one might label them a bit overly enthusiastic in their duties.
In the morning when they awaken they find their best friend has gone missing and are informed by the eccentric Master of the Castle that they're forbidden to leave. The coterie of servants are charged with keeping the Guest confined to the castle grounds, and while some seem ecstatic to tend to their needs and keep them entertained in their new home others are downright hostile. The Guest finds themselves trapped in a strange place with even stranger and oftentimes dangerous company. They must unravel the various mysteries of the castle, its inhabitants, and even themselves.
What I have in mind is a story containing horrific violence, buried secrets, disturbing sexual content, is it magic or is it insanity confusion, twisted if genuine love, and fearful energy. Placement of the story is open to discussion. While a Light rating isnít feasible the story could fit into Extreme or NC depending on what my writing partner would like to include. Iíd like to explore some very dark themes and maintain the survival horror aspect of the idea.
The story can be adapted to be M/M or M/F focused when it comes to pairings. Or it could possibly feature all the orientations of the rainbow (M/M, M/F, F/F).
Please PM me if this idea tickles your interest. Don't post in this thread. Thanks!Pertinent Information
- Sometimes I post daily, but sometimes it might be a week or so before I reply. And when real life happens it happens. Iím looking for a writing partner that will be content with a steady, but no pressured pace for the story.
- Forum only. I like to use YIM/AIM or PMs to discuss details about the story and plot, but not for fully writing out scenes.
- I have the Guest mostly fleshed out in my head, but I can change some details about them if a partner asks. The Guest can be male or female.
- Iím looking for someone interested in writing the the Master of the Castle. My writing partner has freedom in creating him. They can choose his name, appearance, personality, etc. All I ask is that he mesh well with my own character so he should be dominant or a switch. Like all the characters in the story he should have a demented edge to him and possess some form of madness, though how that manifests is up to my partner.
- Iím also looking for someone excited to include supporting characters in the story. I donít want the Guest and Master of the Castle to exist in a vacuum despite the limited setting. Besides the Best Friend the supporting cast will include the servants of the castle. While I have solid ideas for some of the servants Iíll need help creating the others.
- Iím happy to rework some of the premise or add in brand new elements according to my partnerís interests. Weíll just have to talk about it! I want to collaborate on a story beyond what has been laid out so far.
- Idea shamelessly inspired by Beauty & the Beast, Crimson Peak, Diary by Chuck Palahniuk, and various survival horror games especially Demento/Haunting Ground and the Silent Hill series.