possible rp?

Started by Huntress, November 10, 2008, 11:10:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huntress

so a teacher finds out his student is homeless and scrounging for every scrap of everything she has. He offers her a place to stay. (what say you, priest?)

Huntress

okay so now this is expanding to two students and their teacher, or two teachers and their student. The teachers can be scholarly teachers, academic, or they can be more of a mentor-type teacher. I was thinking of setting this in a modern-day public school.... but that can change.

Priest

...as I was saying; I had thoughts of a teacher role somewhat like that of Indiana Jones.  Perhaps leading a secret life as something else that the student becomes involved in.  Obviously this has to keep to the PG13 limits - for now - so I was thinking along the adventure lines, starting of small and escalating; but I am completely open to any other ideas

edit: any particular acedemic you have in mind or does it not matter.

Minkus

((If you would prefer to keep it one on one, I can back out and lurk/observe?))

Huntress

actually i was thinking something like English or Literature, perhaps psychology. He'd have to be able to get into her mind. My character is basically a neglected girl....so she's gonna have issues. :D
Minkus, three works just as well as two

Priest

Eng Lit/Psychology works fine for me.  So it is a emotional exploration then; they can be the most powerful.

I am happy for you to come in on this as well Minkus  :)

Huntress

haha i am SO excited about this. :D

Minkus

((Sweet, the three unapproved musketeers!  And I'm excited too!  May I toss in ideas that just occured to me?  You can shoot them down all you want, it's your thread, after all.))

Huntress

oh PLEASE share! I love new ideas!!! *jumps for joy*

Priest

Should be fun  ;D Do you have any specific plans for the direction or are you happy to see where it goes?

Nice one; I like that Minkus.  All for one and one for all  :P

Fire away

Minkus

((There is a student who has nothing, as per the original concept, a second student, however, was born into reasonable money, and is simply a bit low on funds, but has the same need to find shelter, etc.  Because of this alternate background, the same problems/needs would be convered and reacted to in completely different ways, you know?

Alternately, the teacher(s) make a habit of helping students, so it's all run-of-the-mill, until something goofs it up and makes this one special, or at least odd.))

Huntress

i like it...You guys want to start?

Minkus

((I'm game, so Huntress is student, Priest is teacher (Dr. Jones! :) ), Minkus is - any preference?))

Priest

Quote from: Huntress on November 10, 2008, 11:44:33 PM
i like it...You guys want to start?

I am happy too go with this.  Am I right in assuming I am taking on the role of the teach? I am happy either way; I was thinking of reinventing my original character on the site; sharing a few traits etc but being a new look on him.  If i am playing the teacher then is everyone alright with me playing it good hearted but not always effective?

edit: Minkus posted before me and said much as i did; happy to be the teach. Dr Jones  ;)

Huntress

hmm...well another student might not like the teacher's attitude and start a rebellion. Maybe play as a teacher, so as to aid in the controlling of the student?

You guys=teachers

Minkus

((Sounds good to me!  I'll be making this guy up on the fly, so I apologize in advance for any continuity errors.))

Huntress

s'all good! i'll keep you consistant. infact, i'll start it. First post should include a basic descrip of character, btw :)

Priest

right ho.  I shall use a tweaked version of Damien for this; without all the hocus pocus and more grounded, but it should fit in well