You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 02, 2016, 02:18:29 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Marvel Avengers [A New Hope] - INACTIVE/CLOSED  (Read 10348 times)

Offline JosiettaTopic starter

• ♥ The Sweet Lil Heartbreaker of E ◦ Princessa ◦ BabyCakes ◦ | Minx | SisterKitten | ~ MC Wifey ~ ✨ Ely's Bestie Babe ✨ ♥ Jewel ♥ ֍ Babygirl ֍
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • ~ His Kitten ~
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Marvel Avengers [A New Hope]
« Reply #250 on: October 07, 2015, 04:53:13 PM »
Psylocke is back on the list for those interested.

Offline Pumpkin Seeds

« Reply #251 on: October 07, 2015, 04:58:27 PM »
I'd want Psylocke but not sure I can handle two.

Offline persephone325

• E's Resident Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier Addict | Howling's Dagger | Resident Wiccan | Proud Echelon | Winter Widow | Mab's Sister, separated at birth | Princess Persephone, if you prefer
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • Ready to comply...
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #252 on: October 07, 2015, 10:48:46 PM »
Lol there's literally 3 characters I feel comfortable playing and they're taken. Thanks though!

I understand how you feel. But it gave me a chance to play a character I've always liked, but never tried playing before. ^^

Offline PhantomPistoleer

« Reply #253 on: October 07, 2015, 11:21:34 PM »
I've never played as either the Punisher or the Black Knight.

Though I've read a lot of Punisher, I haven't actually read a lot of Black Knight.  I don't actually ever remember reading Black Knight and think that he was English, which is weird.

At any rate, I'm pleasantly surprised with the Black Knight so far.  He's actually a lot of fun to write.

My point is, you can make any character work.  There are so many great characters in the Marvel U!

Offline LunarSage

« Reply #254 on: October 08, 2015, 03:40:11 PM »
I'd want Psylocke but not sure I can handle two.

Let us know if you decide you can.  I think you'd play a great Psylocke!  :-)

Offline LunarSage

« Reply #255 on: October 09, 2015, 01:16:15 PM »
Alright, we're getting to the point that recruitment is tapering off, as is expected.  Most of the folks who are joining have joined already, so while we will keep recruitment open, Josi and I will begin looking through the unreserved characters from Tiers One and Two and start determining who would be best served as NPC status.

This in no way means new people can't join, mind you... so if you're interested in playing with us, don't let this deter you.  :-)

If there is anyone who has already joined or has even just been thinking about joining who would like us to exclude certain characters from that list, this is your chance to do let us know.  Josi and I will be gone from early tomorrow morning until Monday evening with little to no internet access.  We may be able to answer questions but we won't be making any IC posts until we return.

Offline JamesSureWould

« Reply #256 on: October 12, 2015, 03:44:56 PM »
Hello there! This seems like a really fun game that I'd love to get involved in.

Having said that, there are two character I was sort of interested in playing that isn't on the list. How would you guys feel about Amadeus Cho? Not the new Hulk version that is happening in the comics righ tnow, just the teenager/young adult with a scarily powerful brain.
Or, failign that, what about David Alleyne (Prodigy)

If you think either of them wouldn't fit, that's fine, there are other characters I'd happily play, just thought I'd ask.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 04:00:18 PM by JamesSureWould »

Offline persephone325

• E's Resident Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier Addict | Howling's Dagger | Resident Wiccan | Proud Echelon | Winter Widow | Mab's Sister, separated at birth | Princess Persephone, if you prefer
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • Ready to comply...
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #257 on: October 12, 2015, 03:46:29 PM »
Hello there! This seems like a really fun game that I'd love to get involved in.

Having said that, there is one character I was sort of interested in playing that isn't on the list. How would you guys feel about Amadeus Cho? Not the new Hulk version that is happening in the comics righ tnow, just the teenager/young adult with a scarily powerful brain.

If you think he wouldn't fit, that's fine, there are other characters I'd happily play, just thought I'd ask.

Hello again! ^^

Offline JamesSureWould

« Reply #258 on: October 12, 2015, 03:56:33 PM »
Hello again! ^^
Oh hey there!
Don't let the x-men group know that I'm thinking of cheating on them :o

Offline LunarSage

« Reply #259 on: October 12, 2015, 05:07:48 PM »

Having said that, there are two character I was sort of interested in playing that isn't on the list. How would you guys feel about Amadeus Cho? Not the new Hulk version that is happening in the comics righ tnow, just the teenager/young adult with a scarily powerful brain.
Or, failign that, what about David Alleyne (Prodigy)

If you think either of them wouldn't fit, that's fine, there are other characters I'd happily play, just thought I'd ask.

Greetings, JSW!  I'm LunarSage, one of your friendly neighborhood GMs!  :-)

Thanks for stopping by with your interest.  We'd love to have you play with us, although we're going to have to say no to at least one of the two characters you've proposed... mainly because the characters were introduced far after 2000, which is where this setting's continuity lies.  None of the major events that happened post 2000 in the comics have occurred in our setting.  That means no newer New Mutants, no Planet Hulk or World War Hulk, no House of M, no Decimation, no Civil War and no Avengers vs X-Men.  Cain Marko is still Juggernaut rather than Colossus, Jubilee has her powers and is not a vampire, there are still plenty of mutants in the world, Genosha is still run by the original government and Jean Grey is alive and well with no real connection to the Phoenix other than that the entity masqueraded as her for several years while her body healed.  So since Prodigy's history so heavily depends on post 2000 events, he just wouldn't fit in this setting.  Cho I'm not super familiar with, but the Wiki says he first appeared in 2006.  My gut says to say no, but if you can convince us that his origin and early history isn't heavily reliant on post 2000 events, we may consider it.

Who else were you interested in?

Offline JamesSureWould

« Reply #260 on: October 12, 2015, 05:31:26 PM »
Greetings, JSW!  I'm LunarSage, one of your friendly neighborhood GMs!  :-)

Thanks for stopping by with your interest.  We'd love to have you play with us, although we're going to have to say no to at least one of the two characters you've proposed... mainly because the characters were introduced far after 2000, which is where this setting's continuity lies.  None of the major events that happened post 2000 in the comics have occurred in our setting.  That means no newer New Mutants, no Planet Hulk or World War Hulk, no House of M, no Decimation, no Civil War and no Avengers vs X-Men.  Cain Marko is still Juggernaut rather than Colossus, Jubilee has her powers and is not a vampire, there are still plenty of mutants in the world, Genosha is still run by the original government and Jean Grey is alive and well with no real connection to the Phoenix other than that the entity masqueraded as her for several years while her body healed.  So since Prodigy's history so heavily depends on post 2000 events, he just wouldn't fit in this setting. Cho I'm not super familiar with, but the Wiki says he first appeared in 2006.  My gut says to say no, but if you can convince us that his origin and early history isn't heavily reliant on post 2000 events, we may consider it.

Who else were you interested in?

Well, his introduction to comics did come in 2006, but there isn't anything that ties him to that time period. In fact, he was kinda written to be a more 'classic' hero, with his first issue being in 'Amazing Fantasy #15' (volume 2).

And backstory-wise, the really 'Important'(1) arcs for his character are:

*His Introduction- His first arc has him winning a quiz show and discovering that he has a 'hyper-mind' (Basically, his brain works like a super powerful quantum compute) and is 'The seventh smartest man in the world' (Whether or not that is accurate is a point of debate, even in universe)

*Strong man Bros- He meets the Hulk and feels a kinship towards the jolly green giant, even going so far as to team up and protect each other. He also meets some of the other 'team hulk' members (She-hulk, Hercules, etc)

There are events in his backstory that are post 2000 events, world war hulk being the largest, but I don't think they define him as a character any more than No More Mutants defines Wolverine as a character. 

To me he's just someone with a cool power, a snarky attitude, and who routinely gets in over his head (2)

(1) - The arcs that I would actually use while wring and playing the character.

(2) - Like I said, he was designed to be more 'classic' marvel character (By which I mean spider-man)

Offline LunarSage

« Reply #261 on: October 12, 2015, 05:41:18 PM »
Alright, go ahead and write up a sheet and send it to myself and Josietta.  We'll take a gander and let you know when it's approved.  Just remember to omit anything post 2000 comics-wise. 

In the meantime, feel free to drop into the OOC Thread and say hello to everyone.  :-)

Offline RedPhoenix

« Reply #262 on: October 12, 2015, 05:46:41 PM »
*reads back through stuff*

Not that I think it would ever happen but if Spiral ever is okay to play I am totally calling dibs on her.

Offline PhantomPistoleer

« Reply #263 on: October 12, 2015, 07:40:44 PM »
Hello,

I am no longer interested in playing as Frank Castle.  I would like to return him to the character repository and maybe select another person.

Offline LunarSage

« Reply #264 on: October 12, 2015, 07:48:42 PM »
Hello,

I am no longer interested in playing as Frank Castle.  I would like to return him to the character repository and maybe select another person.

Sure, just let us know who works for you.

Offline LunarSage

« Reply #265 on: October 14, 2015, 07:30:57 AM »
Alright, we're getting to the point that recruitment is tapering off, as is expected.  Most of the folks who are joining have joined already, so while we will keep recruitment open, Josi and I will begin looking through the unreserved characters from Tiers One and Two and start determining who would be best served as NPC status.

This in no way means new people can't join, mind you... so if you're interested in playing with us, don't let this deter you.  :-)

If there is anyone who has already joined or has even just been thinking about joining who would like us to exclude certain characters from that list, this is your chance to let us know.

The following Tier 1 and 2 characters are being considered for NPC status:

Ant-Man (If no one wants to play Pym or Lang, Pym needs to be played as an NPC at least)
Beast (Another scientist type that needs play time, whether as a PC or an NPC)
Captain Britain (Mainly due to his powers not working as well outside of the UK, also he works exclusively in his own country)
Forge (Want to play Forge?  let us know.)
Guardian (Works pretty exclusively in Canada)
Kazar (Rarely leaves the Savage Land)
Leech (older version of course)   
Mister Fantastic (Often used as a DEM sort of plot device, perhaps best suited for NPC status)         
Punisher (Brutality and anti-hero vigilante status makes him fit in less in this setting as a PC)
Shanna, The She-Devil (Rarely leaves the Savage Land)
Namor (Debatable.  If someone would like to play him, let us know... if no interest, he'll be an NPC.  An important character regardless.)
Nick Fury (He really needs to be an NPC)
Thing (If someone wants to play him, let us know... we just figured he'd be a less popular option as a PC, but he still needs to be played even as an NPC)
Vision (Too cool a character to not get played at all)
War Machine (Stark's best buddy can be a PC or an NPC)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 10:51:41 PM by LunarSage »

Offline RedPhoenix

« Reply #266 on: October 15, 2015, 12:10:58 AM »

Yay robot pals. :D

Offline Swashbuckler

• For my part, if a man must needs be a knave I would have him a debonair knave... It makes your sin no worse as I conceive, to do it la mode and stylishly.
  • Knight
  • Enchanter
  • Someone took my mood ring, not sure how I feel it
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #267 on: October 18, 2015, 08:19:40 AM »
Awww, all my buddies would be NPCs

Offline LunarSage

« Reply #268 on: October 18, 2015, 08:26:52 AM »
Not true, SB!  Spider-Man and Johnny are pretty good friends and Praxis plays him.  :-)

Offline Praxis

• Don't worry loves. The cavalry's here.
  • Knight
  • Enchanter
  • "Be a dissident. Who ain't kissin' it."
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #269 on: October 18, 2015, 09:30:18 AM »
Not true, SB!  Spider-Man and Johnny are pretty good friends and Praxis plays him.  :-)

Swash.  Shoot me a PM and we'll get a scene going.

I'm still finding S-M's voice so it will be good to bounce a scene or two off the Torch.

Offline Haloriel

• Original Beauty | Alluring Erudite | Perfervid Romanticist
  • Dame
  • Enchanter
  • Location: Ogling your gluteus maximus with a most respectful air, of course. One part devious.
  • Dance with me, darling. I'll show you the stars.
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #270 on: October 20, 2015, 02:08:19 AM »
Normally, I don't do superheroes.  But with LS/Josi running ...

I had fun the last time I played.  Are either Emma Frost or Storm taken?

Could perhaps try my hand at either if you peeps are still open.

So nervous though.  Been a bit.

Online Wispyr

• Story Keeper ♦ Dragon Tamer ♦ Jewel Bearer ♦ Imp Wispyrer ♦
  • Knight
  • Enchanter
  • The Weaver of Words
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #271 on: October 20, 2015, 02:09:22 AM »
...Are either Emma Frost or Storm taken?...
They are both still available for play!

Offline Haloriel

• Original Beauty | Alluring Erudite | Perfervid Romanticist
  • Dame
  • Enchanter
  • Location: Ogling your gluteus maximus with a most respectful air, of course. One part devious.
  • Dance with me, darling. I'll show you the stars.
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #272 on: October 20, 2015, 02:30:25 AM »
They are both still available for play!

-flop flop like fish out of water-

Uuuuh. Uuuuuh.

What a choice.  Okay.  Going to think on it again.  :-)

Online Wispyr

• Story Keeper ♦ Dragon Tamer ♦ Jewel Bearer ♦ Imp Wispyrer ♦
  • Knight
  • Enchanter
  • The Weaver of Words
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #273 on: October 20, 2015, 02:43:39 AM »
What a choice.  Okay.  Going to think on it again.  :-)[/font]
-Chuckles- You are allowed two characters! Food for thought!

Offline LunarSage

« Reply #274 on: October 20, 2015, 02:44:31 AM »
Normally, I don't do superheroes.  But with LS/Josi running ...

I had fun the last time I played.  Are either Emma Frost or Storm taken?

Could perhaps try my hand at either if you peeps are still open.

So nervous though.  Been a bit.

Haloriel!  :-)

Oh you gots to play!  You gots to!  ;D

Wispyr is correct.  Both are available and both are Tier 2. 

Also....

ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

Wispyr is going to be helping us run this game, at least until Josi returns and is able to take up her own duties again.  So please consider him to be a Co-GM in every regard.  That means that new sheets should be sent to him and as well as Josi and myself now.

The following Tier 1 and 2 characters are being considered for NPC status:

Ant-Man (If no one wants to play Pym or Lang, Pym needs to be played as an NPC at least)
Beast (Another scientist type that needs play time, whether as a PC or an NPC)
Captain Britain (Mainly due to his powers not working as well outside of the UK, also he works exclusively in his own country)
Forge (Want to play Forge?  let us know.)
Guardian (Works pretty exclusively in Canada)
Kazar (Rarely leaves the Savage Land)
Leech (older version of course)   
Mister Fantastic (Often used as a DEM sort of plot device, perhaps best suited for NPC status)         
Punisher (Brutality and anti-hero vigilante status makes him fit in less in this setting as a PC)
Shanna, The She-Devil (Rarely leaves the Savage Land)
Namor (Debatable.  If someone would like to play him, let us know... if no interest, he'll be an NPC.  An important character regardless.)
Nick Fury (He really needs to be an NPC)
Thing (If someone wants to play him, let us know... we just figured he'd be a less popular option as a PC, but he still needs to be played even as an NPC)
War Machine (Stark's best buddy can be a PC or an NPC)

Alright, since no one has outright objected to anyone's presence on that list we'll be making them all NPCs.  I'll probably be making a separate thread for just NPC sheets and roping Wispyr into helping me write said sheets up.  *cracks the whip*   ;)

That said, I don't think we need sheets for all of them... just the following:

Ant-Man
Beast
Mister Fantastic    
Namor
Nick Fury
Thing
Vision
War Machine