Marvel Avengers [A New Hope] - OPEN FOR NEW PLAYERS

Started by Josietta, September 23, 2015, 02:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Lunarius

I'm sorry I'll start typing my messages like this for you grandmother.
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Lady Lunarius

Double post.

Seriously though, I'm done with widow, just kinda going over her again. I need to eat because I'm crabby and mini's are driving me nuts. I'm working the next week without a day off, so I'll mostly be lurking right now.
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

LunarSage

Hey bubby!  We'd love to have your blend nof pure awesomesauce and sexiness!  :-)

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on October 04, 2015, 04:38:39 PM
I'm not sure what the rule is, but I wonder if you can de-power Gamora to better fit in a Tier 2?  I've personally never thought of her as being more than a Tier 2 when she's without the Time Gem.

Ah, sorry.  My mistake.

Gamora is Tier 3 even without the time gem, which she will not have in this setting.  No Infinite gems for PCs, sorry.  She's easily one of the most skilled fighters in the universe, she's been cybernetically and genetically enhanced by Thanos to have superhuman strength, durability and speed... and to top it all off, she has the Godslayer blade.  She's beyond badass and there's good reason why she's considered the "most dangerous woman in the universe".

She's always been one of my favorite characters.  :-)

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on October 04, 2015, 06:32:42 PM
Double post.

Seriously though, I'm done with widow, just kinda going over her again. I need to eat because I'm crabby and mini's are driving me nuts. I'm working the next week without a day off, so I'll mostly be lurking right now.

No worries, Lady Lunarius.  Get her in when you can. 

Quote from: bubby on October 04, 2015, 05:24:18 PM
I've sent them a PM asking for Sersi. I'll let you know if they ok her. If not, I'll go with Valkyrie.... maybe...

Sersi has been claimed by the ever awesome bubby.  So it is written, so it shall be.

Side note... characters like Mystique who are solidly villainous are unavailable as PCs.  No villains.

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Aiden

Staking a claim on Starlord with Chris Pratt as a face claim. Might have him visit earth or something. =D

bubby

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on October 04, 2015, 06:16:30 PM
I'm sorry I'll start typing my messages like this for you grandmother.

*falls over laughing, notes it's funny cuz it's true!*

Now to try and find a faceclaim for Sersi...  *EDIT* Olivia Wylde!!

Sasquatch421

Hey everyone! After some thinking I believe I'll toss my hat in... At the moment I'm leaning towards my namesake Sasquatch. Though I have thought about Sunpyre as well, but since Sunfire's sis isn't on the list it might need some work. I also have some things that might need to be straitened out with Sas, so I'll send that PM later on.

Earlier I saw something about more Tier 3 female characters and I thought that Phyla-Vell and Moondragon would fit in there pretty good.

Astrofig

Ooooh this could be fun! Interest for sure noted!

LunarSage

Ok, as Barbara Gordon has withdrawn her interest in this game, Psylocke is now available for anyone who wishes to claim her.

Quote from: bubby on October 04, 2015, 07:31:54 PM
*falls over laughing, notes it's funny cuz it's true!*

Now to try and find a faceclaim for Sersi...  *EDIT* Olivia Wylde!!

Olivia Wylde noted as a faceclaim.  I'll have Josi add her to the list today.  :-)

Quote from: RedPhoenix on October 05, 2015, 11:32:49 PM
Don't suppose I could tempt anyone into playing Vision? I want a robot buddy. :)

It'll be fuuuuuuun. :D

If no one else ends up claiming Vision as a PC, I'll be happy to play him as an NPC, RedPhoenix.

Quote from: Sasquatch421 on October 07, 2015, 12:00:40 AM
Hey everyone! After some thinking I believe I'll toss my hat in... At the moment I'm leaning towards my namesake Sasquatch. Though I have thought about Sunpyre as well, but since Sunfire's sis isn't on the list it might need some work. I also have some things that might need to be straitened out with Sas, so I'll send that PM later on.

Earlier I saw something about more Tier 3 female characters and I thought that Phyla-Vell and Moondragon would fit in there pretty good.

Alrighty.  We have your claim down as Sasquatch, Sasquatch.  As far as Sunpyre, if she's a newer character I'll have to look into it.  If her background hinges on events that took place in the comics after 2000 or so, she won't be available.

Thanks for the Tier 3 suggestions!  We'll keep them in mind and cross that bridge when we get to it.

Quote from: Astrofig on October 07, 2015, 01:30:19 AM
Ooooh this could be fun! Interest for sure noted!

Hey, Astrofig!  Thank you for your interest.  If you would like to reserve a character for a PC, just let us know in this thread and we'll mark your claim.  :-)

Astrofig

I don't suppose there's a way to see who's taken or not, is there?

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Astrofig on October 07, 2015, 08:18:46 AM
I don't suppose there's a way to see who's taken or not, is there?

The list of characters and tiers spoiler in the very first post is a good place to start. :)
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

Astrofig

Ah, somehow I missed that before. Hmmm.....doesn't look like anyone's available i know how to play! Will still watch!

persephone325

Quote from: Astrofig on October 07, 2015, 01:21:38 PM
Ah, somehow I missed that before. Hmmm.....doesn't look like anyone's available i know how to play! Will still watch!

You can always suggest a character that's not on the list and Lunar and Josi will (most likely) OK it.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Elysian Radiance

Quote from: persephone325 on October 07, 2015, 02:48:41 PM
You can always suggest a character that's not on the list and Lunar and Josi will (most likely) OK it.

^This. All three of the characters I considered weren't on the list.
"We are beings of starlight; we were meant to thrive in the darkness."
"I am a raging sea trapped inside of a raindrop."

<a href=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=200656.0>Fantastic Dragons and Where to Find Them! (05/30/17)</a>
Get Laid or Get Slayed - A Guide to Make the Dragoness Roar!
Muse/Mood Status ~ I'm currently on hiatus from Elliquiy. Send me a PM if you need to be in contact; I'll get the email about it.
Current Posting Output ~ None.
Buy RPG Dice Soap From Me!

Astrofig

Lol there's literally 3 characters I feel comfortable playing and they're taken. Thanks though!

Josietta

Psylocke is back on the list for those interested.

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Pumpkin Seeds

I'd want Psylocke but not sure I can handle two.

persephone325

Quote from: Astrofig on October 07, 2015, 04:49:39 PM
Lol there's literally 3 characters I feel comfortable playing and they're taken. Thanks though!

I understand how you feel. But it gave me a chance to play a character I've always liked, but never tried playing before. ^^
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

PhantomPistoleer

I've never played as either the Punisher or the Black Knight.

Though I've read a lot of Punisher, I haven't actually read a lot of Black Knight.  I don't actually ever remember reading Black Knight and think that he was English, which is weird.

At any rate, I'm pleasantly surprised with the Black Knight so far.  He's actually a lot of fun to write.

My point is, you can make any character work.  There are so many great characters in the Marvel U!
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

LunarSage

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on October 07, 2015, 04:58:27 PM
I'd want Psylocke but not sure I can handle two.

Let us know if you decide you can.  I think you'd play a great Psylocke!  :-)

LunarSage

Alright, we're getting to the point that recruitment is tapering off, as is expected.  Most of the folks who are joining have joined already, so while we will keep recruitment open, Josi and I will begin looking through the unreserved characters from Tiers One and Two and start determining who would be best served as NPC status.

This in no way means new people can't join, mind you... so if you're interested in playing with us, don't let this deter you.  :-)

If there is anyone who has already joined or has even just been thinking about joining who would like us to exclude certain characters from that list, this is your chance to do let us know.  Josi and I will be gone from early tomorrow morning until Monday evening with little to no internet access.  We may be able to answer questions but we won't be making any IC posts until we return.

JamesSureWould

Hello there! This seems like a really fun game that I'd love to get involved in.

Having said that, there are two character I was sort of interested in playing that isn't on the list. How would you guys feel about Amadeus Cho? Not the new Hulk version that is happening in the comics righ tnow, just the teenager/young adult with a scarily powerful brain.
Or, failign that, what about David Alleyne (Prodigy)

If you think either of them wouldn't fit, that's fine, there are other characters I'd happily play, just thought I'd ask.

persephone325

Quote from: JamesSureWould on October 12, 2015, 03:44:56 PM
Hello there! This seems like a really fun game that I'd love to get involved in.

Having said that, there is one character I was sort of interested in playing that isn't on the list. How would you guys feel about Amadeus Cho? Not the new Hulk version that is happening in the comics righ tnow, just the teenager/young adult with a scarily powerful brain.

If you think he wouldn't fit, that's fine, there are other characters I'd happily play, just thought I'd ask.

Hello again! ^^
I don't know.

JamesSureWould

Quote from: persephone325 on October 12, 2015, 03:46:29 PM
Hello again! ^^
Oh hey there!
Don't let the x-men group know that I'm thinking of cheating on them :o

LunarSage

Quote from: JamesSureWould on October 12, 2015, 03:44:56 PM

Having said that, there are two character I was sort of interested in playing that isn't on the list. How would you guys feel about Amadeus Cho? Not the new Hulk version that is happening in the comics righ tnow, just the teenager/young adult with a scarily powerful brain.
Or, failign that, what about David Alleyne (Prodigy)

If you think either of them wouldn't fit, that's fine, there are other characters I'd happily play, just thought I'd ask.

Greetings, JSW!  I'm LunarSage, one of your friendly neighborhood GMs!  :-)

Thanks for stopping by with your interest.  We'd love to have you play with us, although we're going to have to say no to at least one of the two characters you've proposed... mainly because the characters were introduced far after 2000, which is where this setting's continuity lies.  None of the major events that happened post 2000 in the comics have occurred in our setting.  That means no newer New Mutants, no Planet Hulk or World War Hulk, no House of M, no Decimation, no Civil War and no Avengers vs X-Men.  Cain Marko is still Juggernaut rather than Colossus, Jubilee has her powers and is not a vampire, there are still plenty of mutants in the world, Genosha is still run by the original government and Jean Grey is alive and well with no real connection to the Phoenix other than that the entity masqueraded as her for several years while her body healed.  So since Prodigy's history so heavily depends on post 2000 events, he just wouldn't fit in this setting.  Cho I'm not super familiar with, but the Wiki says he first appeared in 2006.  My gut says to say no, but if you can convince us that his origin and early history isn't heavily reliant on post 2000 events, we may consider it.

Who else were you interested in?

JamesSureWould

Quote from: LunarSage on October 12, 2015, 05:07:48 PM
Greetings, JSW!  I'm LunarSage, one of your friendly neighborhood GMs!  :-)

Thanks for stopping by with your interest.  We'd love to have you play with us, although we're going to have to say no to at least one of the two characters you've proposed... mainly because the characters were introduced far after 2000, which is where this setting's continuity lies.  None of the major events that happened post 2000 in the comics have occurred in our setting.  That means no newer New Mutants, no Planet Hulk or World War Hulk, no House of M, no Decimation, no Civil War and no Avengers vs X-Men.  Cain Marko is still Juggernaut rather than Colossus, Jubilee has her powers and is not a vampire, there are still plenty of mutants in the world, Genosha is still run by the original government and Jean Grey is alive and well with no real connection to the Phoenix other than that the entity masqueraded as her for several years while her body healed.  So since Prodigy's history so heavily depends on post 2000 events, he just wouldn't fit in this setting. Cho I'm not super familiar with, but the Wiki says he first appeared in 2006.  My gut says to say no, but if you can convince us that his origin and early history isn't heavily reliant on post 2000 events, we may consider it.

Who else were you interested in?

Well, his introduction to comics did come in 2006, but there isn't anything that ties him to that time period. In fact, he was kinda written to be a more 'classic' hero, with his first issue being in 'Amazing Fantasy #15' (volume 2).

And backstory-wise, the really 'Important'(1) arcs for his character are:

*His Introduction- His first arc has him winning a quiz show and discovering that he has a 'hyper-mind' (Basically, his brain works like a super powerful quantum compute) and is 'The seventh smartest man in the world' (Whether or not that is accurate is a point of debate, even in universe)

*Strong man Bros- He meets the Hulk and feels a kinship towards the jolly green giant, even going so far as to team up and protect each other. He also meets some of the other 'team hulk' members (She-hulk, Hercules, etc)

There are events in his backstory that are post 2000 events, world war hulk being the largest, but I don't think they define him as a character any more than No More Mutants defines Wolverine as a character. 

To me he's just someone with a cool power, a snarky attitude, and who routinely gets in over his head (2)

(1) - The arcs that I would actually use while wring and playing the character.

(2) - Like I said, he was designed to be more 'classic' marvel character (By which I mean spider-man)