You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 09, 2016, 03:30:02 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Recruiting - A.E.G.I.S. - Demigods, Titans, and Secret Agents - OH MY!  (Read 2776 times)

Offline consortium11

Re: Recruiting - A.E.G.I.S. - Demigods, Titans, and Secret Agents - OH MY!
« Reply #75 on: October 02, 2015, 05:06:15 AM »
  Oh, that's confusling.  How do we get our powers in this story if not through visitations?

The most obvious option is a third party who some time prior to their disappearance the God in question entrusted with revealing the truth to the Scion and handing them their Birthrights; as you seem to be familiar with the Scion base material I'll mention that it could be similar to how the opening fluff story in Hero works where two talking ravens reveal that Thor is the Scion in question's dad and then a group of dwarfs lead him to his Birthrights.

*Head spins* 

My groups always did house rule Boons so that it wasn't character generation suicide to take them.  I was kinda sad that you weren't doing the same, now I see you are... If I understnad correctly?  By Purview Socre, you mean that I can get the level 3 sky power by paying for a level one sky power, because it's the only one I'm taking?  That's works nicely.

Purview score is the overall score for a Purview on your sheet (i.e on BP's Sigrun character where it says War 2) and represents the sort of general mastery/power of a Purview that a Scion has. This score is determined by adding up the number of Boons that one has in that Purview (to use Sigrun as an example again, she has War 2 because she's got two Boons in the War Purview). How much the Boons individually cost doesn't change the Purview score; if I buy a single Boon in a Purview, regardless of if it costs 1 or 3 I'd still only have an overall Purview score of 1 (so to use Sigrun once more despite the two Boons she's chosen costing a combined total of five points to get her Purview score is only 2 because she only has two Boons in that Purview).

So to get an overall Sky Purview of 3 (i.e Sky 3 on the sheet) one would have to purchase all three of the Sky Boons (each of which has a fixed individual cost), which would cost six points (Sky's Grace costs 1, Wind's Freedom costs 2, Storm Augmentation costs 3). If you only bought a single Boon, regardless of whether it's Storm Augmentation at a cost of 3 or Sky's Grace at a cost of 1, you would only have an overall Sky level of 1.

I hope that makes sense.

^_^;;  Okay.  That's a surprise too.  Do I need to take one Relic to have acess to all uses of Arate?  Or do I need a relic for each Arate?

Just one to give access to Arete as a whole.

^_^;;  That was just a narative way of saying that Ouranó Baltás gives acess to the Sky purview. 

Could you please clarify how you want relics done?  The way I was reading it, you seemed to be saying that each relic had one special power and granted acess to one purview.  So the idea with Ouranó Baltás was that it had the power to be called to my hand--provided I could get my had close to a source of electicity--and that it gave acess to the sky purview. 

I saw the shield the same way.  it gave acess to a purview and had an appear/disapear power--in this case, I touch it to the tatoo and it vanishes, I touch the tatoo and it reapears. 

If it's merely a narrative of way of saying it gives access to the Sky purview then that's perfectly fine; my concern was if it gave power over the storms separately to the mentioned Purview.

You've got how we want Relics done nailed; each relic as standard gives access to a single Purview and has one ability/power/advantage/however you want to describe it which makes it better than a "normal" item of that type (as well as the inherent unbreakable nature of Relics); blades that never need sharpening, guns that never need reloading etc. I just misunderstood what you meant when you said it gave power over storms.

Ack, I really liked that ability.  I don't normaly apreciate tatoos, but it seemed interesting. 

Does that also mean you don't want me to be able to hurl the axe, then reach over to a power line and use my action to call the axe back to me? 

Does it solve your concerns about the shield if the shield can't be called ot the tatoo?  AKA, if it's taken away, I have to be able to physicaly retrieve it before I can put it back in the tatoo?

My view would be that getting the axe back through access to electricity is fine as it's not too difficult to imagine situations where a Scion is caught in a place where there isn't a source of electricity and so can't easily get it back; not that we're particularly intending to but it means that BP and I can come up with situations where the group would no longer have access to their Relics.

The compromise with Díkaios Aspída works for me and can lead to some quite cool imagery of the tattoo itself disappearing any time he draws the Shield from it and then reappearing when he puts it back in.

Offline Ghostraven

« Reply #76 on: October 02, 2015, 06:32:14 AM »
FACE CLAIM

Seraphine Strange looks just like Asdís Draugrhrafn

Offline orderNchaos

• Master of chaotic pleasures...like a box of chocolates...on X!
  • Knight
  • Enchanter
  • I'll try anything once, twice if I can do it to U!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #77 on: October 02, 2015, 06:36:12 PM »
FACE CLAIM

April O'Neil looks just like April Masters
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 05:58:08 PM by orderNchaos »

Offline Wispyr

• Story Keeper ♦ Dragon Tamer ♦ Jewel Bearer ♦ Imp Wispyrer ♦
  • Knight
  • Enchanter
  • The Weaver of Words
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #78 on: October 04, 2015, 02:19:29 PM »
Somehow, despite my stalking, I failed to post here. Well... Remedied!

Offline AndyZ

« Reply #79 on: October 04, 2015, 02:20:10 PM »
Welcome to the party ^_^

Offline Bloodied PorcelainTopic starter

• E's Masked Lady ~ Swamp Witch ~ Sisterkitten ~ Little Red ~ Crowley ~ Baby Girl ~ Muse Crack ~ Code Monkey ~ LLS ~ Favorite ~ Good Girl ~ Pointe Shoes & Combat Boots
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • Captain Of Team Fuck Up Your Sheets
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #80 on: October 04, 2015, 02:22:23 PM »
Somehow, despite my stalking, I failed to post here. Well... Remedied!

*squeals and tackles*

Offline Wispyr

• Story Keeper ♦ Dragon Tamer ♦ Jewel Bearer ♦ Imp Wispyrer ♦
  • Knight
  • Enchanter
  • The Weaver of Words
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #81 on: October 04, 2015, 09:02:05 PM »
*squeals and tackles*
-Catches 'n spins with-

And I think I need to throw this here...

FACE CLAIM

Code: [Select]
[font=georgia][b]Caspar Peteus[/b] looks just like [color=maroon][i]Dominik Kane[/i][/color][/font]

• E's Masked Lady ~ Swamp Witch ~ Sisterkitten ~ Little Red ~ Crowley ~ Baby Girl ~ Muse Crack ~ Code Monkey ~ LLS ~ Favorite ~ Good Girl ~ Pointe Shoes & Combat Boots
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #82 on: October 05, 2015, 08:45:02 AM »
Reposting from the OOC so people with pending characters are aware:

There are still a couple approved characters I haven't gotten a yay or nay about for Operation: Mists. If I don't hear from you by Friday, I will assume you don't want your character to take part. I plan to kick off the IC stuff for that mission by Saturday, but may get the general IC posts that get the ball rolling up before then. The actual mission will kick off by Sunday at the absolute latest. :) Also, if you're stalking the OOC and working on a character but haven't been approved yet but would like to reserve a spot, let me know. I can put you on the list as tentative. ^.^

• Dame
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #83 on: October 05, 2015, 02:35:52 PM »
Sorry for double post... this is a fairly important announcement.

The Fate write up is here.

I just want to make it clear, again, that the GMs do not intend to do much to enforce fate as something in RP. If you, as the players, want to play up on fate and it's influences, please by all means feel free. We will only interfere when we feel as if it is in the best interest of the story and/or when Fatebinding comes up IC, and usually only to determine how powerful the bond and how the NPC in question will react to it.

Also, the Wiki is almost complete.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 02:39:50 PM by Bloodied Porcelain »

Offline orderNchaos

• Knight
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #84 on: October 06, 2015, 07:50:24 AM »
Reposting from the OOC so people with pending characters are aware:

There are still a couple approved characters I haven't gotten a yay or nay about for Operation: Mists. If I don't hear from you by Friday, I will assume you don't want your character to take part. I plan to kick off the IC stuff for that mission by Saturday, but may get the general IC posts that get the ball rolling up before then. The actual mission will kick off by Sunday at the absolute latest. :) Also, if you're stalking the OOC and working on a character but haven't been approved yet but would like to reserve a spot, let me know. I can put you on the list as tentative. ^.^

Assuming that April will be approved, I'd like to be a part of Operation: Mist. 

Offline Muse

• Bibliopheliac -- Luna's Arcangel -- PiP's Sidhe Lord -- Karasu's Heartthrob -- Tyloka's Dragon -- Mistress Voluptuouss's Hand Bra -- Making Allanger Welcome at her Destination
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 6
« Reply #85 on: October 07, 2015, 05:48:37 PM »
  I'm back in town and eager to finish this guy up.  Also very excited to get started this weekend. 

What is the event you're mentioning and where do i find it? 

• Dame
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #86 on: October 07, 2015, 05:54:42 PM »
  I'm back in town and eager to finish this guy up.  Also very excited to get started this weekend. 

What is the event you're mentioning and where do i find it?

second post of this thread

Don't mind the number of open slots, we're not likely to cap this particular mission.

Offline Muse

• Bibliopheliac -- Luna's Arcangel -- PiP's Sidhe Lord -- Karasu's Heartthrob -- Tyloka's Dragon -- Mistress Voluptuouss's Hand Bra -- Making Allanger Welcome at her Destination
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 6
« Reply #87 on: October 07, 2015, 08:26:56 PM »
  Oh, that is exciting.  Please sign me up. 

Fleshing the sheet out some more now. 

Offline Ghostraven

« Reply #88 on: October 07, 2015, 09:56:19 PM »
*Waves* I'll sign up for Operation: Mists.

• Dame
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #89 on: October 26, 2015, 01:37:08 PM »
Our first event is getting underway, but there is still plenty of time and room to join! This game is meant to be friendly both to system and non-system gamers, providing non-system gamers with an easy, streamlined character creation method that requires nothing harder than the ability to count to 30! We're also open to players who enjoy strictly sandbox play, with tons of open threads for developing small, inter-personal plots and interactions to your heart's content, as well as Event-dedicated threads, where those who may favor a more GM-involved adventure can play, following along with the metaplot of the game itself.

It should also be noted that you do not have to play a Scion. Human characters are perfectly acceptable... both A.E.G.I.S. employees and village-residents brought there because they are somehow connected to A.E.G.I.S. via a family member or because they can offer a particular trade/craft needed around the town. Humans are the far more simple option for those wary of system-creation. Alternately, if you want to have more than one character (perhaps you want to have a character you're free to sandbox with as you like, but you also want a character who will regularly be involved in events), we have a two character cap which will eventually be lifted.

This is an amazing game with an amazing group of players who are friendly, interactive, and eager to bring the world to life. We hope you'll join us!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 02:20:44 PM by Bloodied Porcelain »

Offline AndyZ

« Reply #90 on: November 18, 2015, 11:25:49 PM »
If you've always wanted to try Scion but want some help, this is a great place to start.  The semi-freeform version makes things a lot easier for beginners.

Offline orderNchaos

• Knight
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #91 on: November 19, 2015, 09:08:38 AM »
I will say that while the character sheet looks very daunting....it's actually really good at helping to really flesh our a good character. 

Offline The Dark Raven

« Reply #92 on: November 20, 2015, 10:31:15 AM »
If you've always wanted to try Scion but want some help, this is a great place to start.  The semi-freeform version makes things a lot easier for beginners.

GMs are definitely awesome at helping, and are very flexible.  I don't system game, but I had a concept that went along with the back story, and I've got a character ready to play.

• Dame
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #93 on: November 20, 2015, 02:13:58 PM »
As an aside, we could really use more men to help even out the numbers. :) We're currently a little heavy on the tatas. xD

Offline Landshark

« Reply #94 on: November 29, 2015, 10:10:28 AM »
Sent you my idea BP. Is a dude but i doubt he'll be on anyones crush list :P

Offline orderNchaos

• Knight
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #95 on: November 30, 2015, 08:03:42 AM »
Well I hope everyone had a nice refreshing holiday....Now get back to posting!!  ;)

• Dame
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #96 on: November 30, 2015, 10:57:32 AM »
I'm spending today getting caught up after being away from work for almost a full week while on vacation, but will also be catching things up for AEGIS over today and tomorrow. I may build up all my owed posts and post them at the same time. >.>

Offline orderNchaos

• Knight
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #97 on: December 02, 2015, 10:35:11 AM »
Take your time.  I'm really enjoying the interaction with the "gamer girls" in the Common Area thread.  Looking forward to seeing how the main event pans out.

Offline The Dark Raven

« Reply #98 on: December 02, 2015, 10:35:50 AM »
I need to get Gabe rolling...seriously.

• Dame
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #99 on: December 02, 2015, 02:17:23 PM »
A.E.G.I.S. IS STILL RECRUITING!

We are still open to new characters! It has been said before, but I want to repeat that you are not required to play a scion. You are not required to play a field agent, for that matter, either!

We are currently seriously looking for someone whose character could be a scion, field agent, and who could play a leadership role on missions! This would mean the character would need a decent score (3+) in Leadership, but they would not be railroaded in to their specialty. You could go with a more physical type who likes to get in to the frey like Captain America, or you could go with someone who is mental or social-heavy stats-wise.

Outside of that specific need, we are wide-open to almost any concept you can think up that falls within the game's system-lite set up.