Here is the guidelines for joining the RP
Takes role-playing seriously, is respectful of their fellow memberís time, and wonít poof part way through the story.
Keep the lines of communication open. Life happens, sometimes the week is just hectic and you canít post, all I ask is that you take 2 minutes and let us know. If it is occasional this is completely understandable.
Let the GM know if you arenít feeling the game in some way, most things can be worked through.
Have GMíd before and/or would be willing to GM. GMís tend to know the work that goes into a game and are more respectful players as a result.
Would like a long term group and on-going, in depth game.
Can post at least once per week.
Likes to write a few paragraphs whenever possible, but doesn't need to be a Shakespearean writer so long as you are willing to work on your writing skills as you go.
Take a cooperative view of the game. The aim is to tell a cool story, be true to your character, and the world, to the best of your ability, and have fun. That is how you win the RPG. There is no need for an adversarial relationship with the GM or Players.
Can separate the actions of a character from the actions of the Player. So if one character back-stabs another you donít take it out on the Player.
Abide by the 12th Commandment. Thou shalt not meta game.
As GM - I don't believe in box canyons and can roll with the characterís ideas and plans when possible. Not saying they need to always succeed but they should be given the chance.
As GM - I use character backgrounds, merits, and flaws, and understand that the characters are special and the stars of the show.
As Players - understand that it is their job to ensure that their characters stay within the group. Temporary rifts are fine and can be quite dramatic but there needs to be some reason to keep things together overall.
Are open to different genres and systems.
Adore powers, over the top elements, and humor along with their gritty drama and seriousness. It makes for a well rounded game.
Arenít afraid of the dark or sex scenes when appropriate to the story but donít live there 24/7 either.
As Players - understand that the GM sees a bigger picture when it comes to the given world they are playing in and can roll with what happens in that world even if it may be bad for their character.
Respect each others' boundaries and on/offs.
Are on board with helping to build each other up, as storytellers, players, writers, and people.
Donít believe in character death unless it is discussed beforehand and agreed upon. If the GM tells you itís a bad idea and you will die if you attempt it and you do it anywayÖall bets are off.
If this sounds good to you and you would like to put your hat in to join our group please post below. Once I find a group of committed folks we can start to hash out the full story of the game, and work to save the world.
I, for one, am very hesitant to put the effort in to run a game for just anyone and I know Iím not alone. This is why I am looking to get a group of like minded folks together, under the theory that such a group will be less likely to just disband or bugger off.
1. While this game is going to be primarily sandbox with portions of GM plots, I want to be sure that everyone understands that things will not be spoon fed. It will require some initiative and effort on the players part to keep things moving at an even pace. There is only so much I, as GM, can do to keep you moving forward. I am always willing to accommodate and assist in player driven plots but I do require players to present any plots of their own to the GM beforehand for approval.
2. I will have GM ran plots that allows for character/player developed plots as well as the main plot.
3. This is not going to be a sex focused game but under no circumstance will I stop it or frown upon it.
4. All character ages need to follow E guidelines or you will not be accepted into the store.
5. This game will be LGBT friendly. I am not going to tell someone who they have to love or who they have to play.
6. Let's keep it to one character for now, and I will make changes to that as the game progresses, and we get more and more attention.