You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 10, 2016, 02:39:23 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: [Pandemonium] Recruitment V1 (Closed)  (Read 11332 times)

Offline WispyrTopic starter

• Story Keeper ♦ Dragon Tamer ♦ Jewel Bearer ♦ Imp Wispyrer ♦
  • Knight
  • Enchanter
  • The Weaver of Words
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: Pandemonium - Modern Apocalyptic Science-Fantasy Sandbox [Recruitment: Open]
« Reply #75 on: September 20, 2015, 01:01:11 PM »
Sounds like a few of you all are on the other side of the world from me.  or you're all night owls.  boo.  hiss.
I just don't sleep. Like 4~ hours a day. It usually comes in the early morning hours when the sun is doing that rising thing. Ain't nobody want to be a part of that crap. >.>

Offline Arcannyx

Re: Pandemonium - Modern Apocalyptic Science-Fantasy Sandbox [Recruitment: Open]
« Reply #76 on: September 20, 2015, 01:07:37 PM »
I used to work graveyard shifts, and slept like 4 hours a day so I'd have some time when everyone else was awake.

Now I'm old, and can't do that anymore.  I've put in my time, and now I get bright sunny shifts.

At home, with my work computer next to my home computer.

Muhahah.

Offline Amarlo

« Reply #77 on: September 20, 2015, 01:08:06 PM »
I just don't sleep. Like 4~ hours a day. It usually comes in the early morning hours when the sun is doing that rising thing. Ain't nobody want to be a part of that crap. >.>

>.> Yeah! -hisses at the sun!-

That aside, I worked graveyard shift back when I was 17 and since couldn't really get out of the habit. I just like being up at night more, it's quieter and calmer and I don't have to deal with family as much >.> No to mention general insomnia and other factors I'll not currently mention.  ::)

Offline Elysian Radiance

• The Dragon's Little Brat Princess ❇ President of the Elliquiy Nap Society ❇ Hoarder of Blankets ❇ The Light of Dawn ❇ Josi's Bestie Babe ❇ Arcannyx's E-Wifey
  • Dame
  • Enchanter
  • Ely Lightbringer, the Dragon Queen of Elliquiy™
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #78 on: September 20, 2015, 01:09:18 PM »
Want to make sure they can keep up with all you ladies who like to bite (yeah, I'm looking at you, Ely).

Just bite her back. She'll love it.

Your sheet is awesome. The character is going to be a great mix to the party. It also brought to mind a very, very amusing 'movie' I once saw when paired with Ely's character. The thoughts only went down hill from there. >.>

Hey now! Last I checked, I'm a free, independent dragon queen. No one volunteers consorts for me. I am not just free rein biting property!

I'm actually in a story with Ely right now.  I'm sure we'll get to biting eventually.  *brow waggling*

Oh yes... Biting and binding and flogging and all kinds of wonderful things...

Sounds like a few of you all are on the other side of the world from me.  or you're all night owls.  boo.  hiss.

Pretty much this. I like my sleep kthx.

Offline Arcannyx

« Reply #79 on: September 20, 2015, 01:11:22 PM »

Oh yes... Biting and binding and flogging and all kinds of wonderful things...

Well, when you put it that way....

your turn. :p

*ducks*

Offline Amarlo

« Reply #80 on: September 20, 2015, 01:16:22 PM »
Uh oh  ::) Someone woke the dragon lady.

Side note, with all this chit chat might I request an ooc thread for us to jibber jabber on? :)

• Knight
  • Enchanter
  • The Weaver of Words
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #81 on: September 20, 2015, 01:19:27 PM »
Side note, with all this chit chat might I request an ooc thread for us to jibber jabber on? :)
Half of me wants to say yes... The other half wants to keep it here to keep the recruitment thread active and not falling to low. We've still got lots of room.

Offline VonDoom

« Reply #82 on: September 20, 2015, 01:20:52 PM »
I actually am from magical Europeland, where the dragons frolic and unicorns menace the skies!

... well, perhaps I am exaggerating just a touch.

Offline Arcannyx

« Reply #83 on: September 20, 2015, 01:22:02 PM »
I can pretend to behave.

A little bit.

ON TOPIC:  my character sheet is official on the other page for the ladies to swoon over and the men to plot jealous rages.

Offline Amarlo

« Reply #84 on: September 20, 2015, 01:22:41 PM »
Half of me wants to say yes... The other half wants to keep it here to keep the recruitment thread active and not falling to low. We've still got lots of room.

Half of me understands.. The other half of me wants bribery  ::)

• Knight
  • Enchanter
  • The Weaver of Words
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #85 on: September 20, 2015, 01:24:47 PM »
I actually am from magical Europeland, where the dragons frolic and unicorns menace the skies!
Oooh... Is that what happens over there? This explains so much... So, so very much.

Half of me understands.. The other half of me wants bribery  ::)
Bribery? Isn't getting players so the game can be full of delicious writers for you to sample bribery enough? If not that. Isn't getting players so that I can get around to making a character bribery enough?!

ON TOPIC:  my character sheet is official on the other page for the ladies to swoon over and the men to plot jealous rages.
What if the men want to swoon over him instead?

Offline Amarlo

« Reply #86 on: September 20, 2015, 01:33:33 PM »

Exaggerating?! Everyone knows Europe doesn't exist! >=P

Bribery? Isn't getting players so the game can be full of delicious writers for you to sample bribery enough? If not that. Isn't getting players so that I can get around to making a character bribery enough?!

The first doesn't count because I honestly think this awesome game and the people in it will bring in plenty regardless! The latter however is such a cruel tease and you know it >.< MEAN!

Offline VonDoom

« Reply #87 on: September 20, 2015, 01:40:19 PM »
I've seen it with my own two eyes, I did!

Incidentally, I fear there won't be much opportunity to connect Sorcerer and Apprentice looking at your charsheet, background-wise, but I'm considering giving him claustrophobia, in which case they'd have something in common. Well, slightly different fears, but there's definitely common ground between both.

Offline Amarlo

« Reply #88 on: September 20, 2015, 01:44:45 PM »
I've seen it with my own two eyes, I did!

Incidentally, I fear there won't be much opportunity to connect Sorcerer and Apprentice looking at your charsheet, background-wise, but I'm considering giving him claustrophobia, in which case they'd have something in common. Well, slightly different fears, but there's definitely common ground between both.

I meant more so the Story Souls' histories :P Not their current hosts.

Offline VonDoom

« Reply #89 on: September 20, 2015, 01:49:22 PM »
Yes, of course, though I'll need to finish and submit my application first -- still, can't hurt to find something in common in current times!

Also, I decided the name I came up with in the early morning was terrible. Virgil stays, as his proper first name. Still need a last name though.

Offline Elysian Radiance

• The Dragon's Little Brat Princess ❇ President of the Elliquiy Nap Society ❇ Hoarder of Blankets ❇ The Light of Dawn ❇ Josi's Bestie Babe ❇ Arcannyx's E-Wifey
  • Dame
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #90 on: September 20, 2015, 01:52:35 PM »

I can actually attest to this, not only because I've been to Europeland, but because I am the dragon queen! I have been known to frolic through the fields of wildflowers.

What if the men want to swoon over him instead?

That's perfectly fine! This is a judge-free zone. Unless you can't properly use it's and its and their, there, and they're. Then I'm going to judge so hard you'll call me a paladin.

I secretly hope that there may be a little swooning (or at least lust) over Vivi.

Offline Amarlo

« Reply #91 on: September 20, 2015, 01:54:57 PM »
Yes, of course, though I'll need to finish and submit my application first -- still, can't hurt to find something in common in current times!

Also, I decided the name I came up with in the early morning was terrible. Virgil stays, as his proper first name. Still need a last name though.

Virgil? xD It says "Vincent Jiang" up on the character information area.

As for last name help, a little family background would help. What ethnicity was his father?

This might help you, it often helps me with names when I can't think of any xD http://www.behindthename.com/random/

I secretly hope that there may be a little swooning (or at least lust) over Vivi.

-Swoons dramatically!- Oh Vivi! Vivi, my sweet! How I crave you, you will never know.  ;)

Offline VonDoom

« Reply #92 on: September 20, 2015, 02:00:24 PM »
Well, I originally named him Vincent Jiang, with Virgil as the nickname. I hadn't narrowed it down yet, but since I want an English name now, I'll be going with his father as American, his mother Chinese.

• Knight
  • Enchanter
  • The Weaver of Words
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #93 on: September 20, 2015, 02:01:36 PM »
...Virgil stays, as his proper first name. Still need a last name though.
So... Virgil Jiang? I'll change the stuff.

That's perfectly fine! This is a judge-free zone. Unless you can't properly use it's and its and their, there, and they're. Then I'm going to judge so hard you'll call me a paladin.
I lol'd.

-Swoons dramatically!- Oh Vivi! Vivi, my sweet! How I crave you, you will never know.  ;)
Okay. So. Look at Vivi's initials. V.B.B. Say that quickly. VBB. Vee-bee-bee. Like... bb. That slang thing internet kids call their people. Yanno the one. "Tits bb." "Nudes bb." And other such stuff. I support any, and everyone to call her Vee-bb. The fact that she's a burlesque dancer really only plays into this...

Sorry not sorry.

Offline Elysian Radiance

• Dame
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #94 on: September 20, 2015, 02:03:34 PM »
Okay. So. Look at Vivi's initials. V.B.B. Say that quickly. VBB. Vee-bee-bee. Like... bb. That slang thing internet kids call their people. Yanno the one. "Tits bb." "Nudes bb." And other such stuff. I support any, and everyone to call her Vee-bb. The fact that she's a burlesque dancer really only plays into this...

Sorry not sorry.

I will poison you. Slowly. "Some men just can't hold their arsenic."

Dragon points if you know the reference.

Offline VonDoom

« Reply #95 on: September 20, 2015, 02:05:40 PM »
So... Virgil Jiang? I'll change the stuff.

Hmm. Well, I was planning to change the last name, too, but ... hmm. Well, now I'm indecisive. I'll give it some more thought and we'll see about it when I get my application done, probably tomorrow.

Clearly I'm turning into an old fogey who's no longer 'hip'. I'm not familiar with this 'bb' thing.

Offline Josietta

• ♥ The Sweet Lil Heartbreaker of E™ ◦ Princessa ◦ BabyCakes ◦ | Minx | SisterKitten | ~ MC Wifey ~ ✨ Ely's Bestie Babe ✨ ♥ Jewel ♥ ֍ Babygirl ֍
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • ~ His Kitten ~
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #96 on: September 20, 2015, 02:06:36 PM »

While theoretically it would keep your thread "on top " the chatter buries important answers to questions that others may have as well as updated character composition changes, setting, adding that photography or art us allowed and the like.

Speaking from personal experience as a player and a GM the chatter can also make things overwhelming (finding answers or asking questions) and intimidating  (fie would be players).  I'm already a bit overwhelmed by the sheer amount of info presented, add to that having to dig to find updated info in this thread just gets frustrating and puts me off on making a character.

But that's just my 2 pennies.

I'm still unsure of a character concept let alone looking at the character sheet.  :(

Offline Amarlo

« Reply #97 on: September 20, 2015, 02:09:33 PM »
Well, I originally named him Vincent Jiang, with Virgil as the nickname. I hadn't narrowed it down yet, but since I want an English name now, I'll be going with his father as American, his mother Chinese.

Vincent "Virgil" Rafferty? Pierson? Pierce? Reynolds?

I will poison you. Slowly. "Some men just can't hold their arsenic."

Dragon points if you know the reference.

He had it comin' >.> He had it comin' all alooong.

• Knight
  • Enchanter
  • The Weaver of Words
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #98 on: September 20, 2015, 02:12:40 PM »
Hmm. Well, I was planning to change the last name, too, but ... hmm. Well, now I'm indecisive. I'll give it some more thought and we'll see about it when I get my application done, probably tomorrow.
Luckily for us, I can edit stuff free as many times as I want. So I mean, so long as you don't go changing it post submission... You're probably in the clear.

Clearly I'm turning into an old fogey who's no longer 'hip'. I'm not familiar with this 'bb' thing.
Go to any cam girl site ever. Watch the chat for 15 minutes. You'll see it.

As a disclaimer I do not know this because I spend a bunch of time on cam girl sites, but rather I know several girls who are cam girl. It universally drives them all crazy. >.>

While theoretically it would keep your thread "on top " the chatter buries important answers to questions that others may have as well as updated character composition changes, setting, adding that photography or art us allowed and the like.

Speaking from personal experience as a player and a GM the chatter can also make things overwhelming (finding answers or asking questions) and intimidating  (fie would be players).  I'm already a bit overwhelmed by the sheer amount of info presented, add to that having to dig to find updated info in this thread just gets frustrating and puts me off on making a character.
This is why I only half want to keep it here. However, all of those changes have also been added to the main GM notes section for just that reason. I didn't want anything to get lost for anyone who was looking at the posts late. I get where you're coming from though, and I think once we've got a couple more sheets up we'll probably pop over to an OOC chat for that reason.

I'm still unsure of a character concept let alone looking at the character sheet.  :(
You've got plenty of time. -Snugs- I wasn't even sure if you were going to be able to actually make it to play.

Offline Caehlim

« Reply #99 on: September 20, 2015, 04:57:31 PM »
Sounds like a few of you all are on the other side of the world from me.

*Waves from Australia*