Well I bring it my character and mecha, I'm throwing some ideas to the plot as well. I'm editing this later, as I haven't post the picture of my character since I wanted to know if an anime/manga picture would be fine, and secondly, and I might be posting a second character as this mecha is a two-manned one.Name:
Sai, Raijin (god of thunder)Callsign:
1.70 m/ 5.5 ftWeight:
Healthy but not tonedDistinguishing Marks:
Some small scars in chest and arms, a tattoo of bones and skull in his left arm with the number 702Appearance:
A Japanese descendent, he carries a katana which is with him when he pilots his mecha (just like WWII Japanese pilots), if there is time to prepare for a battle he will be a hachimaki or Japanese traditional bandana around his forehead.Bio:
Son of one of the first families to set on Mars he saw the tense relations between Earth and Mars since his childhood. He was born in a hard-to-die ultranationalist Martian family, they had come from Japan many generations before, but now Mars is their home.
Saigo spent his childhood and teenage years training kendo, being taught about the “Free Mars” and also in mecha piloting. The young men were expected to be prepared for the war of independence which was supposedly about to start. It made of him a hard-working, loyal, stubborn but a dull and strict (unable to think “out of the box”) guy. He soon revealed himself as one of the best pilots the liberation movement could have.
Unlike the Moon colonies, Martian colonies got a bad relation, Mars is almost 10 times far from Earth than the moon so they never saw themselves as part of the Earth, and by the same reason the Earth nations strengthened its domination over Martian people until they felt the planet was a giant mining camp. Many uprising occurred, but were crushed sometimes through negotiation other times through force. And although some Earth nations had allowed some autonomy to their colonies, others were still under an iron fist, especially those hold by Ryazan.
Since the 16 he's been fighting with the "Martian legion" a unit formed by soldiers from Mars in different Earth conflicts to gain combat experience as well as money and potential allies for the Martian uprising, it was then when he was nicknamed "Raijin".
Before the accident, he was taking a newly developed mecha to Earth, where the secessionist cause has some supporters, to improve the test type, the last step before mass-production, then the accident took place. He is not going to abandon the mecha that might be the weapon which may take Mars to freedom, and certainly not to the Ryazan army. [Equipment/Gear (Grabbed before entering the Mech's Storage Container):
a katana given by his grandfather and a mouser C 96
Test type of a spacefighter mechaModel:
40 tons - 49 tons (fully armed)Height:
15 mTop Speed:
Speed provided by propellers: 105 Km/h
Optimal speed (only able to be reached in space, on Earth who knows?): 2200 km/hMech Name:
Model name: Crow N.° 34/ codename: "Winged hussar "Armaments (Standard Layout):
1. Particle cannon (fixed): Located in its head is probably the most powerful gun available for this mecha but certainly not the main nor the most useful gun. It fires a concentrated beam of electronic particles, as it doesn't fie a solid projectile it has no recoil and an efective range of 40 km. but its effects are better if shot closer. Although it's powerful and got a good range, it devours the energy reserves of the mecha and also, due that overheats easily, it can be only shot 3 times before the electronic matrix (the core of the particle cannon) had to be replaced (and as those are produced in Mars it is hardly a way to replace them on Earth). It has also another problem, being a particle cannon, it can only shot straight and doesn’t have the parabolic inclination of a cannon shooting solid ammo.
2. High vibration knives (fixed): A set of metal blades of a modest size which can vibrate using the same particle technology of the particle cannon, capable to slice enemy's mechas. Are located in each arm of the mecha and are not hold in their hands but its slicing/vibrating capability is underdeveloped due to the fear that its vibration may damage the mecha's arm.
3. Gattling gun (fixed): A slug-firing cannon with multiple barrels. The gatling has a very high fire rate, using up ammunition with surprising speed. It has recoil and can be fired from point blank to medium range, but is located only mounted on the left arm. Its bullets are contained in a cartridge which is charged in the forearm. It can shot explosive, solid and ricochect ammunition and also smoke/gas filled ammunition.
4. Missiles pods (not fixed): attached to the thighs of the mecha it can carry 6 missiles of medium range.Armaments (Non-Standard):
1. High vibration spear(not fixed): A long spear which use the same technology of the vibration knives. It has more power and it's probably the main weapon of this mechaSubsystems (Standard and Nonstandard):
Main thruster (not fixed): a part almost of the same height of the mecha itself it can provides an remarkable speed
Propellers and repulsors (fixed): set in different places of the mecha play a key role as in the emptiness of space where there is nothing to use as platform, it adds maneuverability
ES-wings (fixed but retractable): or empty-space wings are made of a micro filament built as a retractable and almost traslucid pair of wings, were developed to apport maneuvrability to the mecha in the emptyness of the outer space and allow it to fly in an inertial mode, and along the spear gave it its nickname. Those were not thought to be used in Earth conditions and it is unknown if they have some utility (where the microfilament will face wind resistance and the need of balance due to the Earth gravity).Strengths:
1. Firepower: Even with its limitations it has a good firepower in close range ( the gattling) and a reasonable firepower in medium range (the missiles) its particle cannon also provides a reduced but important support in long range, its potency surpass most of what you can expect in a mecha, since it was developed to pierce space cruiser armor.
2. Speed: Its main thruster makes it a fast mecha capable to reach around mach 2, in space, although it has not been proved on the Earth it should be fast still
3. Versatile: Having many options means be able to alternate among themand to build complex strategies to obtain the most of each weapon[/i]
4. Some weapons are easy to repair and charge: due that Mars is not exactly an economically rich planet (although plenty of resources) some weapons like missiles and the gattling gun are cheap to maintain and their ammo is cheap and easy to find.Weaknesses:
1. It is a mecha developed to fight in the space: this mecha was thought to fight not on the Earth but in the space, therefore some of its characteristics are pretty useless (like the ES-wings) or other cannot reach is full potential (like it's unable to reach maximum speed)[/i]
2. Armor: this is a mecha which has firepower and speed, but to achieve that some of the armor protection had to be sacrificed, its armor is lighter than you would expect for a mecha of its size. This weakness was suposedly compensated by a speed that should make it a difficult target.
3. Spare parts: as a test type it is not easy to find all spare parts, besides, it is not easy neither to find spare parts for a space machine. Some of them could be found in very specialized companies, a couple of them only in the colonies.
4. Test type: although most of the gun systems could work pretty well, the power system and the Particle cannon are still in test and development phase, therefore failures are to be expected.Overall Description:
The Crow N.° 28, codename: "the winged hussar", by its spear and ES-wings, was developed to fight in the space against much bigger units using speed and firepower.
It is a bipedal mechas two manned unit, one pilot, the fighter or "arrow", is in charge of fighting the enemies in front of him, pretty much like the standard mecha-pilot; the second pilot, the commander or the "bow", is in charge of the radar screen and other electronic pieces, to be able to receive and send complex messages and turn it into simple orders for his partner and keep an eye on the battlefield. We could say that the arrow is the tactical aspect while the bow is the strategical one that commands the mecha. However the winged hussar can fly with only one man.
Although it has a thin armor, some parts are reinforced: thighs, shoulders and upper chest, but specially forearms.Equipment/Gear:
Handguns and knives: 2 handguns and WASP injection knives for both pilots, although there are standard items the pilots can bring their own weapons
Survival kits: One for each pilot contain first aid kits, radios, and e-tool
Purifier mask: it covers the whole face and it works like a gas mask
Although there is a compartment for water and food reserves, it is currently empty