Welcome to the Sento Region, a Pokemon Fusion Roleplay.

Started by Wolfy, September 16, 2015, 04:03:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy

Welcome all trainers!

"Hello! Welcome trainers, new and old alike. My name is Rose, and some call me a Pokemon Professor. It is my pleasure to welcome you all to the Sento region, a vast region where several creatures called Pokemon exist. Some of you no doubt know what Pokemon are, and you may even have a partner already. For those of you unsure of what a Pokemon is, they are animals and creatures that we, as people, have formed a long standing bond with. Pokemon and Trainer, a team that is rivaled by nothing else. Within the Sento region, however, something has been discovered that allows a Trainer and his team to take their team work to an entirely new level, fusing two Pokemon into one new form. While this new form is not permanent, it is a significant increase in power for those involved. Special energy is created when two pokemon and their trainer share a bond, and a device has been created to harness this energy and link the two pokemon, resulting in a fusion. Only those that have a strong bond can make a strong, stable fusion.

While this device, known as a P-Link, is something that has only been recently discovered, it's use is widespread throughout the Sento region. Gym Leaders and even our own elite four use Pokemon Fusion, and it's said that even underground organizations like Team Helios have been said to use Pokemon Fusion. Because of this, new trainers to the region are given two pokemon and a P-Link device, while trainers from other regions are supplied with one upon arriving. Your P-link acts as a pokedex and poke'gear from other regions as well, and comes in a variety of styles to suit your individual tastes and needs.

Now, once again, I welcome you to the Sento region, trainers old and new....now I must ask you one simple question. Are you a boy, or a girl?"

After a bit of trouble getting things started, I've finally decided to put things forward and see how well this game can be.
Within the Sento region there are Pokemon Gyms, Pokemon Contests, Pokemon Triathlon and Olympics, and the Elite Four.

Cities and Towns:
Rook City (Industrial city with modern roads and technology, the largest metropolitan area in the region)
Checkertown (Rural coast town that subsists on fishing and Aquaculture.)
Spade village (A mining town primarily focused on fossil excavation. There is a laboratory here that is able to revive fossils into Pokemon)
Diamante City (Another metropolitan city, though smaller than rook city. Primary source for electricity in the region with a large hydroelectric Dam. The city is divided by a large waterway that spills into the ocean after going through the Dam.)
Heartsburg(A town centered on Agriculture and nature. A large tree dominates the skyline, and within the tree can be found a large living area with several stores that sell natural remedies and different berry products)
Club City (A city known for it's artists. A popular tourist site, it also has a special amusement park dedicated to the Sun. Located near a shining beach as well.)
Dice village (A small village that makes it's money by having the largest gambling area in the region. Located close to club city, the village is home to several games of luck and chance that the populace claims are completely fair)

Chess Islands (A chain of Islands off the coast. Home to pristine beaches and a five star resort, this is also where the Pokemon League Resides)

Within each city and town there is a Pokemon Gym where trainers can earn badges. Each metropolitan city also has a contest hall, while each village and smaller community holds sanctioned Pokeathlon competitions.

For profiles, here is an example of what I would like:

Appearance:
Name:
Personality:
Biography:(You can be from another region or from the Sento region as a new trainer. I have a preference for new trainers but that's me, and the biography can be as long as you like, though I'd like a paragraph. ;3)
Pokemon:(List your pokemon, and list an affection level between them and you)
Ons:
Offs:
Anything else:

Here is my own profile, for reference.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Name: Hitomi Suyomi
Sex: Female
Personality: Outgoing and forward with her emotions, Hitomi is not one to stand idly by and let injustice be done or to let someone get away with something without having her say. She'll actively seek out trouble if she feels that it's for the greater good, even if this leads to a situation she can't hope to win.
Biography: Born in Dice village, Hitomi had a humble upbringing among games of luck and chance. She quickly learned the tricks of the trade, slowly becoming the best at swindling people from their hard earned money with 'fair' games. However, the life of someone that took from those that didn't deserve it was never something that she enjoyed. At 17 she obtained her first two pokemon, and set out on an adventure to become the strongest in the Sento region to try and right what she had done by making her village known for something more than just a gamblers paradise.
Pokemon:
Eevee (Centomaru, Cen for short)
Affection towards Hitomi: ♥♥♥♥♥
Affection towards Sable: ♥♥♥♡♡

Shinx (Sable)
Affection towards Hitomi: ♥♥♥♥♥
Affection towards Cen:  ♥♥♥♥♡

Ons: Consensual things, most things. Girls, Guys
Offs: Anything extreme or non-consensual.
Anything else: Her P-Link is a necklace that she wears around her neck. When accessing pokegear functions a holographic screen appears with the command "Pokegear activate"

(Anyone interested? ;3)

Wolfy

Also, pokemon fusion example images:

Also, one more rule:

Legendaries are in the world, however you can not start with one. You may not even be able to catch one. ;3

Wolfy

wander

I'm interested. :)

I have a few questions, is this system (using Pokemon Tabletop) or Freeform? Also what limits do we have with Pokemon and affection levels? Can you tell me more about them? Oh and how many Pokemon are we allowed to start with?

Mathim

Am I still able to play the scientist responsible for the discovery/invention of P-Link?
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

MissFire

Name: Bridgette LeFou
Sex: Female
Home Region: Kalos

Personality: Posessing boundless energy and optimism, Bridgette can be rather hard to be around for those that like peace and quiet. Her presence itself is like shouting. She plans to become the strongest pokemon trainer around and seems quite assured that she will meet this goal. Even losing battles doesn't seem to dent her optimism and confidence and if she fails at something, will just claim it as a lesson learned. She is obsessed with training, kung fu movies, and treats her pokemon like friends. She refuses to use pokeballs and a PokeCenter's healing machine, insisting that -much to the chagrin of the staff- they use actual medical treatment on her pokemon. Bandages, antidotes, potions, and the like. Her energy and eagerness for a fight can lull some into a false sense that she's all talk and no skill, but Bridgette's lack of money has actually helped her win battles. Using what little she has, Bridgette often uses the environment or moves in clever ways to surprise opponents.

Biography: She grew up in poverty and her parents died early in her youth. After their passing she was raised by her uncle, a martial arts enthusiast. Without her parents to guide and raise her, Bridgette became something of a rebel for a time, but her uncle made the girl take up martial arts as a way of venting her frustrations. Through practicing it, she gained some semblance of inner peace and, while still energetic and a bit rowdy, she was a much calmer girl for it. She quickly proved to be a prodigy and excelled at the training given to her by her uncle. She lacks any real formal training, instead having learned from him and by watching old kung fu movies. As a result, her style is erratic and somewhat unpredictable. She got into Pokemon training a little later than others, but carries the same passion and erratic nature from her martial arts to training her Pokemon. As such, she was drawn to the fighting and fire types rather strongly. She spends so much time around fire Pokemon that she's taken to weaving fire protection charms into her hair and pasting them all over her clothes so she doesn't get scorched. More than one battle has accidentally ended with her flashing her opponent. She's come up a little bit in the world after winning a few local contests and as such, managed to secure enough funding to travel to the Sento region. Her goals are to become the strongest pokemon battler in the region, develop her own style of martial arts, and become a  champion martial artist. Lofty.

Pokémon:
Combusken (Athos)
-Bridgette: <><><><><>
-Porthos  : <><><><><>
Chimchar (Porthos)
-Bridgette: <><><><><>
-Athos     : <><><><><>
Other: Addt'l Image 1, Addt'l Image 2, Addt'l Image 3, Addt'l Image 4, Chibi Bri!, Theme: Love's Vagrant
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

Wolfy

This is freeform. ;3

Affection levels are how close your pokemon is to you and to it's fusion partners. Affections is measured by time spent with Trainer, as well as other things like battling and winning and doing well in contests. :3

And as for how many you're allowed to start with, I think two is a good number, with the ability to catch more. :3

And yes Mathim you can. :3

Wolfy

Gardsorm

Alright, time to stop being a wuss... Loved the pokemon games ever since my youth, and now we have an interesting idea of seeing them adopt fusion forms to create truly unique buttkickers? I'm potentially interested if this idea is still being considered!

Wolfy

Well the idea didn't seem to get enough interest, though I'm certainly willing to give it another try to get off the ground.

Gardsorm

Ah, I see. I'll work on a profile and remain hopeful in the meantime then. o= Thank you for the update though!

Mathim

Still interested, just didn't seem like enough people in total were. Perhaps a tad more story would entice better?
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Gardsorm

Alrighty, here goes a profile attempt! Let me know if I need to adjust anything. o=

Also: I hereby take the Oath of Drake.

===

Appearance: Beyond what can be viewed, Archie stands at 5'7 and weighs about 146 lbs. Fond of more sophisticated attire such as blazers and dressy pants, but can handle wearing more appropriate adventuring clothes and gear if a situation calls for it. Carries a fairly small hiking bag on his back with a sleeping roll beneath it, several pockets containing various items he's either purchased (potions, antidotes, ect.), discovered (berries, dropped items), and some miscellaneous items like a brush and mirror for personal use. As pictured, he tends to tie his rather long hair into a ponytail so it doesn't get too out-of-hand. Unpictured is the severe case of bedhead he tends to wake up with after a night's rest (necessitating the brush and mirror).
Name: Archibald 'Archie' Reinhardt
Sex: Male
Personality: Laidback and relaxed, for all the energy Archie has, he rarely does much with it all. Something of a sociable fellow, he faces most days with a smile on his face, irregardless of the bad that can potentially happen in it. Often times he appears to be flaky to others, usually well-dressed and more likely to talk down a situation rather than get physically involved... However, his tongue is as sharp as anyone elses, and under the niceties and well-mannered behavior, he can and most likely will trash-talk a foe in the most sophisticated way possible. He doesn't like raising his fists to attack another, but he has enough self-defense capabilities to deter or deflect basic attacks from another person. He holds great care for friends and his Pokemon alike, and if they feel a problem is occuring that needs to be corrected, he's never too far behind them ready to lend assistance any way he can. As a waiter and occasional soft-drink maker for his local cafe, he's very polite and patient with most people he meets, and this transfers over to his fighting style. Calm, rational thoughts and a few planned moves usually see him through most basic encounters, but he hasn't ventured enough to see just how expansive pokemon battles can truly be.

Biography: Archibald was born in Diamante City to a fairly above-average family, raised on decent wealth and proper social upbringing. Though sheltered in his earliest years, he often wandered about the city, having gotten lost within it more times than he cared to admit. Seeing other trainers with pokemon inspired him to want to get one of his own, an endeavor his parents would find to be much more difficult than either anticipated. For years Archie went on without one as his parents felt it was too dangerous for him, so instead they researched the various pokemon of the world and brought him pictures of what to choose. Much to their dismay, he picked an adorable purple dragon with black fur upon its form named Deino, whose temperament was grossly unmentioned both in the image they saw and in its position. Traveling the region to come to a locale that held them, his parents lent their son the pokemon they had in order to defend himself and properly capture his own. What followed was nearly several hours worth of searching, occasional getting lost, and roughed up by wild pokemon, but ultimate Archie proved victorious and finally caught his own Deino. Holding it as his greatest achievement, catching it also instilled within him a sense of exploration and responsibility that made him want to take care of it like a sibling. He would come to find out the Deino was much more rambunctious and rough than any image would ever properly convey, but he struggled to eventually earn its trust through feeding it, as he was unable to become a trainer at this point.

Upon his sixteenth birthday, Archibald officially went to get registered for a license as a Pokemon Trainer, surprising his family who expected him to continue to live a calm and peaceful life now that he had a pokemon he wanted. Much the opposite, obtaining Deino made him want to see what else he was missing out on in life that he couldn't experience at home, with his mother offering him a suggestion before he immediately set off in the world: to get a job. Realizing that no adventure could go unfunded, he took his mothers' advice to heart and began to search around Diamante City for jobs he could potentially apply for. The hunt was far from easy, as competition existed everywhere and none of the high-paying positions were easy for him to do. Ultimately he decided to start small and applied for a position at a local restaurant, establishing himself as a waiter. Though the work wasn't glamorous, it allowed him to meet friendly faces and help bring a little bit of life and friendliness to the business, but things didn't really take off until he was given an emergency position as a softdrink mixer. While he served the most basic of what people wanted, he eventually grew curious and started to make a smoothie for himself made from Nanab and Rawst Berries he usually brought with him to feed Deino. Though his manager had chided him at first for being wasteful with ingredients meant for their customers, he eventually tasted the treat and realized it came out alot better than he anticipated. With an agreement to obtain more berries and ingredients for even more smoothies and other drinks, he was asked to research other potential flavors and variations to serve to customers who were tired of the same thing day in and day out. The move eventually became a surprising success, attracting more customers to enjoy unique berry beverages and even consider shipping throughout the region. Now effectively filling in for two positions at work. Archibald found himself quite content with his job and spent his years working at the establishment to build his funds up.

When the restauraunt had become popular enough to attract others wanting to work, he requested a leave of absence to begin exploring the world on a journey as a pokemon trainer, though promised he would drop in from time to time to say hi. With business stable and profits being made, his manager gave the okay to leave and wished him the best in his ventures. At this point, he was 20 when he finally left Diamante City of his own accord. Combining the money he saved along with what his parents had offered, he bought himself a pack to hold the essentials (Potions, Antidotes, various Berries, wraps), Pokeballs, and a sleeping roll for outdoor resting. It was the bare minimum, but it would serve him well as he traveled the region. However, between overzealous trainers, aggressive pokemon, and surprisingly treacherous terrain at times, he came to realize adventuring wouldn't be as fun as he originally anticipated it would be, but he stuck with it. Arguably one of the most recent events that made him want to quit was being haunted by a suspiciously aggressive entity of some sort, causing him restless nights and paranoid days. With some creative reliance on Deino, the pair eventually discovered a Spiritomb as the culprit, delighting in harassing travelers as far as it could. Engaging the wily pokemon in battle, Archie and Deino ultimately came out ontop, capturing the Spiritomb and adding another capable fighter to his ranks. Unfortunately for him, it was a fair bit unruly, and still proves to be at this current time. Though Archie feels it'll be a while before he can get Spiritomb to like either him or his Deino, he's ready and willing to work as hard as he can with it as he did with Deino to get it to trust him. For now, his adventure continued, wanting to see what else the world would decide to throw at him next.
Pokemon:
Deino (Grimms)

• Affection toward Archie: ♥♥♥♥♡
    Affection toward Graves: ♥♥♡♡♡
  • Spiritomb (Grave) 
    Affection toward Archie: ♥♥♡♡♡
    Affection toward Grimms: ♥♡♡♡♡
Ons: Fairly vanilla. He enjoys cute girls, no matter how sweet or sour they can be (Likes most personalities, from sweet to tomboyish). Fairly suave, he attempts to woo ladies with initiative, but it can easily be lost to more forceful and direct girls. (He's great with most girls and is happy to lead for them, but he's got a surprising weakness to being subdued that one wouldn't expect unless they invade his personal space).
Offs: Dislikes most things considered too disgusting for the norm (Scat, waterspots, vore, vomit, ect), and isn't fond of victimizing girls in the slightest (does not like extreme or non-consensual activities).
Anything else:

• His P-Link takes the form of an armlet that manifests information over it when accessed via holographic screen. It's specific activation command is 'PokeGear Network, Standby'
  • Wears glasses to help offset somewhat poor eyesight
  • Carries a fair bit of currency on him, though not enough to fund his entire adventure as he may tend to spend on friends for food and lodging. Usually looks for temporary jobs on his adventures

pdragon

What a thrill...with silence and darkness through the night....

Request Thread

Wolfy

MasterOfMyFate

Is there any rule against having a Mega? Cuz my fusion requires mega Lucario.
"Arrows through your heart."
Master ON/OFF