You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 08, 2016, 12:16:58 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: AOL and Elliquiy  (Read 720 times)

Offline King_FurbyTopic starter

AOL and Elliquiy
« on: November 10, 2008, 10:33:21 AM »
I see the notice about how aol is blocking the e-mail notifications but i am getting another error.

When i try to go into the forums i keep security alerts and this wierd certificate notification. it happens everytime i click on a link on elliquiy. Like when i click on post, when i click on a thread. literally everything. I can still get on and i haven't tried it on IE yet. But just wanted to ask is there any way to fix this on my end.

thanks people

oh here is the cretificate notification
The security certificate presented by this website was not issued by a trusted certificate authority.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.

I can go to the site but my computer tells me it's not recomeneded. its so anoying. is Elliquiys new server trying to steal my info now lol. jokeing
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 10:35:44 AM by King_Furby »

Offline Lady Annabelle

Re: AOL and Elliquiy
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 10:39:56 AM »
I was about to mentions this, but I am getting the same message and I am using the newest version of IE.  (I think)

If you go deeper into the warning, I get this...

"This CA Root certificate is not trusted because it is not in the Trust Root Certification Authorities store."

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 10:51:34 AM »
I assumed it was a AOL error, but then i discovered it was IE as well. AOL has a tendency to be well..different. So i am glad its not just me and not just AOL.

Thanks yea it does say that too. i am glad at least i can still post, though anoying to do so.

Offline Vekseid

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 10:56:31 AM »
You can add the ca to your browser's trusted zone by going here:

http://www.startssl.com/certs/ca.cer

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2008, 11:18:43 AM »
thanks, you da man.  ;D

Offline Vekseid

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2008, 11:44:47 AM »
I'm going to disable it until I work out the quirks with the rest of the site, and after I work out the quirks with it >_>

Offline Lady Annabelle

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2008, 11:52:54 AM »
I no longer have any issue.  I could still move around the site, so it wasn't hindering anything.  However, like King_Fruby mention, it was just really annoying.  Also, I'm at work, so I was a bit scared of it.

But, it has disappeared, so thank you very much, Sir Vekseid.  I am very appreciative of your hard work.