You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 02, 2016, 02:12:13 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: PC Optimizer Advice  (Read 260 times)

Online King SerperiorTopic starter

• Elliquiy's Most Complicated Character Creator ~ King of the Futanari ~ Caretaker of Monster Girls ~ Please call me KS ~ Biggest Starcraft Fan ~ .jpg Deity ~ Muse Maestro ~ Elliquiy's Biggest Monster Musume Fan
  • Lord
  • Carnite
  • I am a Warlock on par with Magnus Bane!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
PC Optimizer Advice
« on: September 12, 2015, 08:29:27 PM »
Okay, it seems that my computer is running extremely slowly and, according to the Avast anti-virus program I have, needs optimization..  What I am asking is if there are any free optimizers I can download that are safe and trustworthy?  It's gotten to the point where I can barely load up a page and it's worse if there are images on the page.

So, if anyone knows of any, please let me know.  Thanks!

Offline Cycle

Re: PC Optimizer Advice
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2015, 08:48:09 PM »
I'm not sure what Avast means by "optimization" but CCleaner is handy.  You can get it here from FileHippo.

• Elliquiy's Most Complicated Character Creator ~ King of the Futanari ~ Caretaker of Monster Girls ~ Please call me KS ~ Biggest Starcraft Fan ~ .jpg Deity ~ Muse Maestro ~ Elliquiy's Biggest Monster Musume Fan
  • Lord
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2015, 08:51:27 PM »
I'm not sure what Avast means by "optimization" but CCleaner is handy.  You can get it here from FileHippo.
There seems to be junk files that all computers build up over time as well as some PC tweaks that are supposed to increase PC speed.

Offline Cycle

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2015, 08:55:37 PM »
In that case, CCleaner may be your thing.  It will get rid of all the "temp" and "cached" stuff.  It also has a registry fixer that'll get rid of gunk in there. 

• Lord
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2015, 08:57:42 PM »
Alrighty, that is exactly the thing I have been looking for.  Thanks, Cycle!  ^.^

Offline Tsenta

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2015, 12:02:28 AM »
Having routine defrags help as well.