You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 09, 2016, 03:31:49 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Come and sit down for a while  (Read 227 times)

Offline CG1067Topic starter

Come and sit down for a while
« on: September 06, 2015, 12:26:42 PM »
Hello

It's been a while since I came back here, reality got a little bit uncooperative. I'm looking for a story to grab my attention, something detailed and interesting, descriptive and elaborate.

I'm usually pretty open, check my O/O for details, but there are a few general directions that I'm leaning towards at the moment. If you've come up with an idea you'd like to try then let me know even if it doesn't line up with what I've got here, I can't promise that I'll like it but it's worth discussing.

Now, as to the sort of stories I'm feeling like at the moment:

- In terms of setting I'm generally more inclined to science fiction of one flavour or another
          - as a general rule I prefer to build systems specifically for the stories rather than writing fan fiction.
          - I love, love, love wordbuilding, both before and during the writing. I'll happily spend anything from a few days to a few weeks preparing the setting, building characters, mapping out stories etc.

- If you've read my O/O then you know I have no interest in playing subs, it doesn't interest me and I know that I'm no good at it.

- Just throwing out some vague ideas here.
          - Something cyberpunky, whether we're playing runners, security guards, programmers, researchers or the CEO's themselves there's something about the aesthetic that I can't get away from for too long.
          - A soldier assigned to garrison duty on a world that recently tried to stage a, failed, revolution to break away from Terran rule. One of us would play the soldier, the other would play a member of the community who are not at all happy to see offworld soldiers back in their community.
          - What the hell, something steampunk, let's go adventuring and delve into dangerous lost cities half a world away from civilization!
          - A researcher has just (whether inadvertently or not) created the first true AI. How will this new intelligence react to the reality on the other side of it's sensors? How will the researcher react to the new genesis unfolding behind their screen? (could be interesting for us each to play an AI, birthed at the same time, possibly in different facilities trying to work out what they are and what they're for).

If anything here sounds interesting then let me know, if you can think of a variation on these ideas then let me know, if you've got an idea you'd like to talk about then let me know.

I look forwards to writing with you.

Offline CG1067Topic starter

Re: Come and sit down for a while
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 04:33:40 AM »
bumping, if you've got a story idea that you're looking to play then let me know.