You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 07, 2016, 06:21:52 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Riverbend [D&D 5e] - No Longer Taking Applications  (Read 3069 times)

Online Hexed

Re: Riverbend [D&D 5e] - Interest Check
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2015, 09:53:53 PM »
Finished flipping through the book.  :-)   

Going to offer up a two handed fighter that will take the arcane path.

The son of two wizardry spellcasters that was enrolled in the northern wizardry school. Unfortunatly for his parents he would much rather skip classes to spend time at the barracks practicing weapon play.

He is a rough and tumble friendly sort who can and does so mockingly fall back onto his "proper" behavior and maners.

Offline PhantomPistoleer

« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2015, 10:11:34 PM »
I am interested in playing a half-elven rogue named DeWitt.  DeWitt is from a small village inhabited mostly by coal miners.  His father, an elf, is the mayor of the small village, and he has a complicated familial association with several mining agencies across the continent.  His mother, a human, died at child-birth, but DeWitt's father has since remarried to another human female who, as far as DeWitt is concerned, was very fair with him and his other siblings.  DeWitt is the seventh of eleven siblings, with his two older brothers having served and perished in a small "international" conflict.

Traditionally, these villagers have been of great service to their sovereign, as they are hardy, strong, and excellent tunnelers.  Underground combat is their forte, and an inscribed monument signed by the king himself speaks of the village's rich history in this terrifying war craft.  However, DeWitt has always been terrified of the deep earth, and has been incapable in suppressing his fear.  Indeed, this fear drove DeWitt far from his village and into a life of adventure where, as it happens, the young lad must often delve into the coffins of the long-forgotten in cavernous crypts.

His fear isn't of the endless chasm, but that he might spend his entire life should be spent in the hole.  DeWitt didn't want to die of black lung, so he worked in the mines and saved every farthing he could spare to assemble a meager adventuring kit.  This took DeWitt two years to accomplish.  He hasn't been abroad for very long, but has earned enough coin to sustain himself and to complete an adequate kit.

DeWitt struggles to be a good person--morals within the earth are different than those atop it.  He wants to be a gentleman, but he knows that he's got a long way to go.  DeWitt mostly wants to return home to marry the woman that he loves. 

The young rogue is loyal, brave, and reliable.  He has no problem leading a party by torchlight, even in the staunchest darkness.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 10:19:21 PM by PhantomPistoleer »

Online Chulanowa

« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2015, 10:13:41 PM »
And here I am thumbing through stuff... and I notice they actually made minotaurs a player race.

*big shimmery eyes* Taladan minotaurs, at that! *dragonlancegasm*

Ahem. Well. I imagine it'd be hard to justify why there's a minotaur in.. .what's that, Switzerland?  XD Something to keep in mind for another game, or later in this one I think

Offline caelcormac

• It ain't no secret I didn't get these scars falling over in church.
  • Lord
  • Enchanted
  • I have a deep and abiding love of the comma
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2015, 11:29:03 PM »
So I've been pondering how to fit a monk in to the setting as given and what, exactly I want to play as here is what I've come up with so far. I'd be aiming for an open palm monk unless a big revision to four elements happens before I hit 3rd level.

On the north side of the Coldstream there lives an old hermit named Li. Or at least, people presume he's old, having lived there for the past 30 years. He's a half-elf, and thanks to his elven blood and what he calls "clean living" he barely appears to have aged at all. Not much is known about him, other than that he is some kind of warrior (he has come to the aid of both sides of Riverbend on many occasions), he has some tie to the worshippers of Verite (He always visits the temple on his trips in to town), and that if you're brave enough to find him and stubborn enough to convince him he will teach you to fight.

Li has only taught a small handful of Riverbend's bravest and most stubborn over the years. Many leave the village to seek out something or another, returning rarely or not at all. The rest go back to their old lives, becoming members of the community and living calm, ordinary lives except for when circumstances dictate that they use the skills taught to them by the old man.

Right now Li has his hands full training a record 3 students at the same time. Of these, the one seen most around town is a young  Half-elf named Ailwin. He is the eldest of Li's current students and part of a family of masons who are waiting for him to give up his foolish training and come home to practice the family trade. Ailwin has thus far managed to defy his family's wishes for several years, but his father's patience is nearing it's end.

Offline RedPhoenixTopic starter

« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2015, 12:57:15 AM »
Oh wow, four new posts, hooray! :)

I think it is safe to say the interest check has succeeded, but I'm going to leave it up until Sunday like I said I would and then we can start talking character creation and picking the party (might be harder than I thought...).

Finished flipping through the book.  :-)   

Going to offer up a two handed fighter that will take the arcane path.

The son of two wizardry spellcasters that was enrolled in the northern wizardry school. Unfortunatly for his parents he would much rather skip classes to spend time at the barracks practicing weapon play.

He is a rough and tumble friendly sort who can and does so mockingly fall back onto his "proper" behavior and maners.

I love this. It gives him contacts on both sides of the river and the personality fits the setting well.

I am interested in playing a half-elven rogue named DeWitt.  DeWitt is from a small village inhabited mostly by coal miners.  His father, an elf, is the mayor of the small village, and he has a complicated familial association with several mining agencies across the continent.  His mother, a human, died at child-birth, but DeWitt's father has since remarried to another human female who, as far as DeWitt is concerned, was very fair with him and his other siblings.  DeWitt is the seventh of eleven siblings, with his two older brothers having served and perished in a small "international" conflict.

Traditionally, these villagers have been of great service to their sovereign, as they are hardy, strong, and excellent tunnelers.  Underground combat is their forte, and an inscribed monument signed by the king himself speaks of the village's rich history in this terrifying war craft.  However, DeWitt has always been terrified of the deep earth, and has been incapable in suppressing his fear.  Indeed, this fear drove DeWitt far from his village and into a life of adventure where, as it happens, the young lad must often delve into the coffins of the long-forgotten in cavernous crypts.

His fear isn't of the endless chasm, but that he might spend his entire life should be spent in the hole.  DeWitt didn't want to die of black lung, so he worked in the mines and saved every farthing he could spare to assemble a meager adventuring kit.  This took DeWitt two years to accomplish.  He hasn't been abroad for very long, but has earned enough coin to sustain himself and to complete an adequate kit.

DeWitt struggles to be a good person--morals within the earth are different than those atop it.  He wants to be a gentleman, but he knows that he's got a long way to go.  DeWitt mostly wants to return home to marry the woman that he loves. 

The young rogue is loyal, brave, and reliable.  He has no problem leading a party by torchlight, even in the staunchest darkness.

I like this too! We've had a few people express interest in rogues so you may want to think if he'd work as any other class if it comes down to it, but that's not a choice you need to make anytime soon. The village would have been to the west of Riverbend, and he would have had to been operating out of the area for awhile at the start of the game, and I could certainly work in some old crypts near the area (there's a lot of history after all). Some good plot hooks too. :)

And here I am thumbing through stuff... and I notice they actually made minotaurs a player race.

*big shimmery eyes* Taladan minotaurs, at that! *dragonlancegasm*

Ahem. Well. I imagine it'd be hard to justify why there's a minotaur in.. .what's that, Switzerland?  XD Something to keep in mind for another game, or later in this one I think

They did? Where? O.o

I grew up reading Dragonlance books. The minotaurs in this setting are basically Dragonlance minotaurs if they worshiped a power demon and worked as mercenaries for both sides of a dragonborn cold war.

If you ever find it in an old book sale or anything, Dragonlance Tales Vol 2 has a short story called "Definitions of Honor" about a Knight and a Minotaur that is just awesome. Lot of really good short stories in that book actually.

So I've been pondering how to fit a monk in to the setting as given and what, exactly I want to play as here is what I've come up with so far. I'd be aiming for an open palm monk unless a big revision to four elements happens before I hit 3rd level.

On the north side of the Coldstream there lives an old hermit named Li. Or at least, people presume he's old, having lived there for the past 30 years. He's a half-elf, and thanks to his elven blood and what he calls "clean living" he barely appears to have aged at all. Not much is known about him, other than that he is some kind of warrior (he has come to the aid of both sides of Riverbend on many occasions), he has some tie to the worshippers of Verite (He always visits the temple on his trips in to town), and that if you're brave enough to find him and stubborn enough to convince him he will teach you to fight.

Li has only taught a small handful of Riverbend's bravest and most stubborn over the years. Many leave the village to seek out something or another, returning rarely or not at all. The rest go back to their old lives, becoming members of the community and living calm, ordinary lives except for when circumstances dictate that they use the skills taught to them by the old man.

Right now Li has his hands full training a record 3 students at the same time. Of these, the one seen most around town is a young  Half-elf named Ailwin. He is the eldest of Li's current students and part of a family of masons who are waiting for him to give up his foolish training and come home to practice the family trade. Ailwin has thus far managed to defy his family's wishes for several years, but his father's patience is nearing it's end.

And I like this one too!! Gah, lots of good characters coming in. It adds some cool NPCs too. I don't have much to critique here other than to want to see more of his personality and goals besides defying his folks. :)

Online Chulanowa

« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2015, 01:59:19 AM »
They did? Where? O.o

I grew up reading Dragonlance books. The minotaurs in this setting are basically Dragonlance minotaurs if they worshiped a power demon and worked as mercenaries for both sides of a dragonborn cold war.

If you ever find it in an old book sale or anything, Dragonlance Tales Vol 2 has a short story called "Definitions of Honor" about a Knight and a Minotaur that is just awesome. Lot of really good short stories in that book actually.

Unearthed Arcana: Waterborne Adventures. There's also an Eberron one. Both official WotC material.

And I hear ya. "Dragons of Autumn Twilight" basicallyh ushered me into fantasy. Well, that and Conan...

Ahem. Introducing...

"Princess" Ruby Bronzebarr

Ruby is best known around town as one of the local barmaids. Always quick with hte ale and a bit of gossip, she's also gained some note for her skill around a lute. And as a few less-than gentlemen could tell you, the dwarven girl is not one to pinch, pat, or slobber at, if you like your ribs in their current order.

But she's also known for something else; there's no mistaking the poise or the accent, even if you ignored the rumors, or were unaware of the baffled stares from other dwarves. The truth is, Ruby is noble-born... of a sort. Her father is Hormund, the first heir of the Bronzebarr family, with a long list of honorary titles. His wife, Ylda is herself a lesser cousin of the queen. And Ruby's mother, Vinna Dagnabb, was a mule driver in a lumber camp. So when a messenger came to the estate, bearing both news of Vinna's death and a babe still in swaddling, things got awkward, and in a hurry. It's a good thing Hormund and Ylda had already had three sons, otherwise her oath to never share a bed with him again would have been the family's doom!

Ruby doesn't rmember whatever time she spent in her birth mother's arms. She grew yo knowing Ylda as mama, her three brothers as rightful terrors, friends, and noogie-deliverers, and was the apple of her fathers' eye. Oh, he spoiled her rotten! Ylda for her part was no "wicked stemother," but was always cool and aloof to the girl. And perhaps it was the strain of her muleskinner mother's heritage, or her fathers' spoling, but Ruby fashioned herself the little empress around the house Granted this led to more than a few spankings when she decided she was entitled ot give orders to the seneschal or her brothers.

She had this illusion town away when she was a young teenager. her youngest brothers, Yvells patiently informed her that he knew she was betrothed. Oh, it had all been worked out by Ylda (as mistress of hte house, it was her duty, after all.) In a huff, Ruby demanded an explanation from the woman she saw as mother.

Well, one does not make demands of Ylda Bronzebarr née Erigern! Very patiently, she sat the girl down and brgain plaiting her hair - the ginger o different from the coal-black of her own or her three sons - and explained hat Ruby was an interloper, a bastard-born, her mother was murdered by a tree, she had ruined a happy marriage, and that she was being traded off to the son of a minor house - a Korm acolyte with a good name and a bad personality - in order to advance. "Nothing personal. It's politics. Besides, he'll warm to you."

Did I mention that this was awkward?

Well, that was pretty much the onset of what passes for a dwarf teenager's "rebellion" stage. Ruby's antics and attitude grew so sullen and antagonistic that even her father had to shout at her until she would halt an argument or stop doing something embarrassing. Like sneaking off with that elf boy! Why, if Yvells hadn't walked in on... that! Well! of course a great deal of this was Ruby trying to break off the betrothal. Morim Thunderbeard was a fairly dull and uninteresting boy; all tradition, all about his father, with all the ambition of a spawned salmon. But he was persistent, and the betrothal went on... ll the way to the altar, in fact.

It was a simple move to heave Morim into the officiating priest when he took her arm, and shout a strong of... rather unforgettable things at those gathered - especially her mother and father. And about Korm. And his dick that didn't measure up to an elf's. And how she would know because... Well, she got a little carried away at the altar, let's say.

It's a good thing she had planned ahead, packed, and her furious stomping-off from the shocked assembly made the sudden "Oh shit what did I just do?!" realization a little easier to bear. With a little silver and a little charm though, she's worked her way towards lands away from her past, or so she thinks. Happy to see the world, or to hear about it from other travelers, she plies beers and spirits at the alehouse, waiting for the opportunity to just strike out on something worthy! 'Cause gods know, she didn't leave a staid and dragging existence behind, just to get pinched by drunks all night.

Crunch
Race: Dwarf. Unsure of subrace.
Class: Fighter or Rogue
Background: Noble, entertainer, or some mix of the two.
Measurements: Short and Stout, these are her handles, she hasn't got a spout, ya happy?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 02:07:47 AM by Chulanowa »

Offline PhantomPistoleer

« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2015, 06:18:04 AM »

I like this too! We've had a few people express interest in rogues so you may want to think if he'd work as any other class if it comes down to it, but that's not a choice you need to make anytime soon. The village would have been to the west of Riverbend, and he would have had to been operating out of the area for awhile at the start of the game, and I could certainly work in some old crypts near the area (there's a lot of history after all). Some good plot hooks too. :)

I am interested in playing either Bard, Fighter, Monk, Ranger, or Rogue, so it would not be an issue.

Offline AndyZ

« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2015, 09:29:49 AM »
I don't see any barbarians yet (apologies if there is one and I just didn't see them).  Would it help if I made up one of those instead?

« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2015, 11:34:49 AM »
(Ruby)

I like her! It would make sense for the setting if the priest of Korm was in Karak Milt and one of the higher ups in the church there, which would make her running away to Riverbend her best option and also could be like her mom was dumping her in the backwater before they went home. Good stuff.

I also like the idea of having a tavern be the base of operations for the party. Saves on room and board!

I am interested in playing either Bard, Fighter, Monk, Ranger, or Rogue, so it would not be an issue.

Cool. :)
I don't see any barbarians yet (apologies if there is one and I just didn't see them).  Would it help if I made up one of those instead?

Nobody has to change anything yet, just something to keep in mind for the future. :)

Offline caelcormac

• It ain't no secret I didn't get these scars falling over in church.
  • Lord
  • Enchanted
  • I have a deep and abiding love of the comma
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2015, 01:40:46 PM »

Unearthed Arcana: Waterborne Adventures. There's also an Eberron one. Both official WotC material.

Since we're gathering up the additional materials, I might as well link the EE Player's Companion.

And I like this one too!! Gah, lots of good characters coming in. It adds some cool NPCs too. I don't have much to critique here other than to want to see more of his personality and goals besides defying his folks. :)

This was more of an exercise in "Why is a monk in Riverbend?" than a real character bg. The bit about his parents was thrown  in at the end. I figured I would flesh him out more this weekend, and try really hard not to make his parents part of a global conspiracy.

« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2015, 07:41:07 PM »

Since we're gathering up the additional materials, I might as well link the EE Player's Companion.

Hey this is also cool. :)

This was more of an exercise in "Why is a monk in Riverbend?" than a real character bg. The bit about his parents was thrown  in at the end. I figured I would flesh him out more this weekend, and try really hard not to make his parents part of a global conspiracy.

Gotcha. But don't worry about the conspiracies. Leave that to me. >.>

« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2015, 05:20:17 PM »
Okay everyone, I am officially declaring the interest check has succeeded! We had ten people express interest, which hopefully will be enough to have at least four people submit good characters that we can start a party with. I am going to write up a longer post about what to do next!

Re: Riverbend [D&D 5e] - Now Taking Character Applications!
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2015, 06:08:37 PM »
Okay, OP is edited with how to apply! Some of you will just have to ad in a few details to what you've already posted.

Anyone is free to apply, you don't have to have reserved a spot or stated interest!

If you have questions or want to know more info about the campaign setting or anything please do ask!

Yay let's have fun! :D

Offline JsHLDantes

• ~ acolyte of Aphrodite ~
  • Lady
  • Bacchae
  • “The very essence of romance is uncertainty.”
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2015, 07:17:31 PM »
Interested!!

I am a current DM for RL tabletop 5th edition game (my own hombrew).  I own a PHB, and I will be working on character creation now! :D 

« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2015, 08:04:48 PM »
Sweet! Looking forward to seeing it! :)

Offline AndyZ

« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2015, 08:07:19 PM »
Since we have other people looking at rogue but I don't see anyone currently looking at Barbarian, I figured I'd put in for that.  If people like Lynnara better, I can always set her up.

Name: Rha
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Barbarian
Orientation: (Undecided)
Background: Soldier
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 175 lb.

Short Bio: Rha was found 14 summers ago by a group of adventures who slew a pack of orcs.  How long she'd been held was difficult to determine, but she lacked any of the social skills and common etiquette one might expect from a half-elf.

Years of effort by kind-hearted souls have attempted to help her integrate into normal society, but to little avail.  It wasn't until someone suggested seeing if she fit in as a soldier that she truly found a calling that works for her.

Personality: Rha rarely speaks, often communicating in grunts, growls and body language.  It's been drilled into her that might makes right, that the strong naturally rule, but that doesn't make her unnecessarily cruel or vicious towards the weak.  It merely means that she understands her place in life through someone's power, or through a mutual respect with shared combat experience.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 11:39:02 PM by AndyZ »

« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2015, 08:43:40 PM »
Hmm. That character concept has some problems.
  • The "savage who hardly ever talks" trope isn't going to work well in a game like this with a lot of political and social elements floating around. It would also make it hard to justify her being friends with the group to start off.
  • Orc society isn't bestial. Orcs anywhere near Riverbend are probably from a group that's interacted with humans for so long that they don't come across all that different other than being crude, aggressive, and worship different gods. It wouldn't be that hard for someone raised by orcs to adapt.
  • No anime-style futanarai. She can be a male who expresses in a feminine manner if you want, but that's about as close as it gets.

Offline AndyZ

« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2015, 08:44:51 PM »
Thank you for your honesty ^_^ I'll toss the idea and give Lynnara a proper writeup later.

Offline JsHLDantes

• Lady
  • Bacchae
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2015, 09:47:58 PM »
Perhaps this was addressed somewhere already - when you wrote the classes down in your setting thread, it just listed three.

Does that mean I can only choose from Sorcerer, Cleric, or Druid?

« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2015, 09:55:57 PM »
Thank you for your honesty ^_^ I'll toss the idea and give Lynnara a proper writeup later.

Of course, very welcome. :)

Perhaps this was addressed somewhere already - when you wrote the classes down in your setting thread, it just listed three.

Does that mean I can only choose from Sorcerer, Cleric, or Druid?

Oh no no no those are just the only ones with special notes. The others are just as described in the player's handbook with no special house rules or anything!

Offline PhantomPistoleer

« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2015, 10:50:27 PM »
Name: DeWitt
Race:  Half-Elf
Class:  Rogue
Orientation:  Bisexual
Background:  Guild Merchant
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Height: 6'0
Weight: 172 lbs.

Short Bio: DeWitt is from a small village inhabited mostly by coal miners.  His father, an elf, is the mayor of the small village, and he has a complicated familial association with several mining agencies across the continent.  His mother, a human, died at child-birth, but DeWitt's father has since remarried to another human female who, as far as DeWitt is concerned, was very fair with him and his other siblings.  DeWitt is the seventh of eleven siblings, with his two older brothers having served and perished in a small "international" conflict.

Personality: DeWitt struggles to be a good person--morals within the earth are different than those atop it.  He wants to be a gentleman, but he knows that he's got a long way to go.  DeWitt mostly wants to return home to marry the woman that he loves. 

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=547701

« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 10:56:01 PM by PhantomPistoleer »

Offline PhantomPistoleer

« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2015, 10:54:43 PM »
I don't feel very comfortable with this edition yet, so I won't be upset if there's something wrong with my sheet. 

I think that the coolest thing about my character is that he's got a cart and mule.  His mule's name is Timothy.

I generally see my character being easy-going and somewhat chatty.

Online Chulanowa

« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2015, 11:54:29 PM »
Hmmm. Looks like we have a lot of rogue interest. Ruby doesn't really work as anything else in my head. So I'm probably gonna come up with a fresh character real quick (no skin off my nose, I play rogues constantly :-) Time to let someone else have it!)

Offline JsHLDantes

• Lady
  • Bacchae
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2015, 12:30:53 AM »
Name: Iliana
Race: Half-elven
Class: Ranger/Druid or Sorcerer (Wild Magic) (if multiclassing is allowed after 2nd level)
Orientation: Hetero, Bi-Curious
Background: Hermit or Outlander
Alignment: CG
Height: 5'8
Weight: 140

Short Bio:  Iliana has an elven mother from Avalon and a human father from Silea, but their uneasy union (her mother the noble, her father a sea captain) and eventual long-term separation left it's mark on her, and she took to her own early on, spending much time in the woods and also traveling to North Riverbend to find a mentor since she felt the odd stirrings of magic, but was unsure what to make of it. 
She can survive in the wilderness, and is most comfortable there. 

At best, her current life consists of working with a sage to learn herb lore, and in exchange she takes care of the elderly woman.  At worst, she is a for-hire hunter, and willing to go alone into uncertain and dangerous areas to challenge her skills, no matter if her life is put at risk.  her goal is to be a teacher someday, for she sees no other future and needs something to aim for. 

Lovers and friends are few and far between. All find her a bit odd and self-determined.  In the back of her mind, she longs for a partner who will be devoted.

Personality:  Iliana has found that she never quite fits in with any group of people, though she is excellent at camouflaging herself in some situations.   She is kind and witty to those she knows well.  Alone, she is serious and always in a contemplative mood.  There is much to learn in the world, and speaking seems to get in the way.

In a group she will naturally show her wisdom without being asked, and will always seek to protect those who are weaker.

« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2015, 01:00:18 AM »
(DeWitt)

Just a few things, mostly fleshing out.
  • It sounds like this would be a village to the west of Riverbend, maybe the next village over, given that it has an elven mayor.
  • So if that's the case, there is no King...did you mean a former Emperor, or someone from the Silean Council who claims to be the king of the area?
  • Do you want him to have worked as a tomb robber type or is that just predicting what might come in the future?
  • What's stopping him from going home and marrying his love? Who is he or she?
  • Anything you want to establish about his family?

I don't feel very comfortable with this edition yet, so I won't be upset if there's something wrong with my sheet. 

I think that the coolest thing about my character is that he's got a cart and mule.  His mule's name is Timothy.

I generally see my character being easy-going and somewhat chatty.

Oh we'll go over all the character creation stuff together once the basic stuff is nailed down. :)

Hmmm. Looks like we have a lot of rogue interest. Ruby doesn't really work as anything else in my head. So I'm probably gonna come up with a fresh character real quick (no skin off my nose, I play rogues constantly :-) Time to let someone else have it!)

Hmmm. I could have seen her as a bar brawling fighter type, but if you aren't feeling that it's up to you. :)

(Iliana)

Hmm okay thoughts.
  • Mother from Avalon, human father from Silea. For this to work he'd have to be a pretty adventurous captain who managed to seduce her and knock her up while she was visiting Silea. This would make him a bit of a scoundrel which which would also explain why he just sort of tells his daughter she's on her own, maybe mom goes back to Avalon and isn't taking a half breed with her. Kid runs away from orphanages until she ends up in Riverbend where the old lady finishes raising her?
  • You okay with her father having no contact with her since he bailed on her?
  • She would have to fit in with the other PCs.
  • I hadn't really thought about multi-class, having read it over again it doesn't look anywhere near as bad as 2e was, but I'd only let people multiclass into something that another character doesn't already have. So far we have no druids, rangers, or sorcerers so that might be moot. :P