You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 08, 2016, 06:06:05 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Riverbend [D&D 5e] - No Longer Taking Applications  (Read 3071 times)

Offline Dhi

Re: Riverbend [D&D 5e] - Now Taking Character Applications!
« Reply #100 on: September 11, 2015, 05:06:58 PM »
Aw, I liked Ruby.

Offline RedPhoenixTopic starter

« Reply #101 on: September 12, 2015, 05:35:44 PM »
So "Saturday" ends at midnight PST, just so everyone knows. :P After that I will start picking the party. It will end up being harder than I thought so it may take a few days!

Offline AndyZ

« Reply #102 on: September 12, 2015, 05:52:58 PM »
Haven't really been able to have another character concept come together.  Apologies.

If nothing else works out, I may be able to rework Lynnara as a monk if rogue gets taken.

Offline Crash

« Reply #103 on: September 12, 2015, 10:50:14 PM »
Name: Bubbles Greenbottle
Race: Stout Halfling (I could even make her a dwarf)
Class: Fighter, Ranger, Monk, Rogue, Bard
Orientation: Lesbian
Background: Guild Artisan - Brewer
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Height: 3’ 4”
Weight: 45 lbs

Short Bio: The only daughter of six of Finnigan and Mya Greenbottle’s children, Bubbles grew up a tomboy, playing with her brothers and working at her father’s tiny brewery. The Greenbottle’s have always been close to the Slipfiddle family (Mya being the youngest daughter of Even) and the Silver Horn Tavern has been a second home. Bubbles was a rambunctious child, whether wrestling around with her brothers or thinking up games with her friends, (which usually ended up with somebody being taken to Clara for mending) Bubbles never stopped moving. As she got older her father put her to work at the family brewery and the Silver Horn Tavern, to keep her out of trouble…well at least try to keep her out of trouble. Bubbles gravitated more and more too spending time in the Silver Horn with her best friend and cousin Molle Slipfiddle. Her brothers were more than enough to care for the brewery and at least her parents knew where she was…most of the time. She didn’t get to see as much of her friends, but they were all coming of age and helping their families as well. A number of friends would still hang out often at the Silver Horn though and when not working Bubbles and Molle could be seen hanging out with friends. At about this time Finnigan began taking Bubbles and her brothers on delivery trips. The roads could get dangerous sometimes and her dad taught all of his children how to defend themselves. Bubbles loved training with her brothers and became quite good, so go that she was eventually allowed to make short deliveries all on her own, much to some of her brothers chagrin. Things change as they always do and Bubbles was no different. As Bubbles fighting skills developed so did other things about Bubbles and the boys took notice. Between growing up and combat training Bubbles was developing into quite a beautiful young Halfling woman. Bubbles still works at the Silver Horn and for her father, but for the first time Riverbend is beginning to feel small to her and the wanderlust that effects many young Halflings is starting to effect Bubbles as well.

Personality:  Bubbles is friendly and outgoing, ready with a smile. She will always stop to talk to the locals and loves to run around with the others her age. Ever the social butterfly, Bubbles can move from group to group and tends to be the center of attention where ever she goes, whether she tries to be or not. This has rubbed a few of her friends the wrong way lately and she is making a concerted effort to make amends. When working with her father, Bubbles takes things a little more serious. Not to say that she is dower or stone-faced, far from it. She just doesn’t let things distract her from the task at hand.

Description: Tall for a Halfling standing 3’4”, Bubbles have the curves that drive many young men to distraction (think the St. Paulies girl of Halflings, it just seems funny to me). Bubbles keeps her long golden blond hair tied in two long braids down her back, except when she is helping Evan Slipfiddle at the Silver Horn Tavern. She then ties it in an elaborately braided up do. After all nobody wants a 2 and a half-foot long hair in their soup. Bubbles dresses like most Halfling girls: Long skirts, soft leather boots, blouse and bodice, She likes to tie ribbons or put flowers in her hair to give a splash of color. When she is guarding her father’s wagons on deliveries, Bubbles changes into a pair of leather breeches with the legs tucked into a pair of sturdy boots. A chain shirt that her father bought her is pulled over a simple white shirt with a layer of padding so the chain does not chafe. Her hair is tied up and tucked into a handkerchief to keep it out of harm’s way. She carries her two short swords belted to her waist, a dagger in each boot and one dagger strapped to each leg. She finds it amusing that the boys find her almost as attractive in her “work” clothes as they do in her normal ones.

« Reply #104 on: September 12, 2015, 11:10:45 PM »
Woooo last minute applications! Very quick hit thoughts!

• Who is Clara?
  • How willing are you to make her a dwarf?
  • How willing would you be to put her family's tavern in Karak Milt, and have her be appointed to manage the family's attempt at expanding to Riverbend?
  • How does Bubbles feel about half-orcs?
  • What would the flavor be for her being a ranger? Like a scout based on her experience guiding things through the mountain/hills/woods between Karak Milk and Riverbend?

Offline Crash

« Reply #105 on: September 12, 2015, 11:20:22 PM »
Woooo last minute applications! Very quick hit thoughts!

• Who is Clara?
  • How willing are you to make her a dwarf?
  • How willing would you be to put her family's tavern in Karak Milt, and have her be appointed to manage the family's attempt at expanding to Riverbend?
  • How does Bubbles feel about half-orcs?
  • What would the flavor be for her being a ranger? Like a scout based on her experience guiding things through the mountain/hills/woods between Karak Milk and Riverbend?

1. Oops I had deleted a portion about Clara who is a Slipfidfle and a relative.
2. The picture works well for a Dwarf too so that is fine.
3.  Actually that would be really cool and I can absolutely do that.
4. She is young and idealistic enough to take people at face value and rebellious enough to challenge old values so I don't see her as having a predisposition to dislike them.
5.  Yes that would be the direction I would use if I went Ranger.

« Reply #106 on: September 12, 2015, 11:33:47 PM »
Okay, got it. :)

Offline Chulanowa

« Reply #107 on: September 13, 2015, 01:46:40 AM »
Ah, flumphs, NOW my machine decides to start working. Any chance that I can get some last-minute tinkering in on Juniper? I'd like to angle her towards a Ranger wit hthe Folk hero background, [or a Warlock with the Outlander background. Any quick insights on how I could work those backgroudns into the setting you've got there?

« Reply #108 on: September 13, 2015, 01:53:42 AM »
Hehe flumphs.

I will happily consider all edits made in the next 7 minutes. :P

Offline Chulanowa

« Reply #109 on: September 13, 2015, 02:00:13 AM »
Name: Juniper Thistlebloom
Race: Halfling
Class: Ranger (or Warlock, with altered bio)
Orientation: Pansexual
Background: Folk hero
Alignment: Neutral Good
Height: 3' 1"
Weight: 40 lbs

Short Bio: Juniper's a child of field, forest, and verge, a pioneering settlement abutting the Bleakweald some way to the north of Riverbend. There she tended turnips and helped her brother collect firewood from the edges of the forest. Rumors said it was haunted, wolf-infested, and many worse things! Naturally, the children of the village often dared each other to dart in to a particular tree, or to sing songs to the spirits supposedly living there. But living so close to it, Juniper and her brother Gull were braver, perhaps more foolhardy than most. The forest didn't scare them! It was almost like home sometimes (especially when mother and father got into their rows...)

As they all grew older though, the odd noises of the forest, the low howls and quiet rustles did scare most of the children. Not Juniper though. The trees seemed ot whisper to her, and hte paths and habits of the animals under the boughs taught her many things. It was that quiet day when the birds stopped singig, and the hares stopped chasing each other that Juniper knew somethign was wrong!

Indeed, had it not been for her timely warnings, the hamlet of Drasseldarf would have been caught totally unprepared by the orcs marching from the darkness of the forest. Her calls ot alarm rallied the people and, despite the losses, the monstrous things were fended off.  Juniper was welcomed into the local militia as a scout, even as she blushed and ducked away from praise as "hero." She was the first of several Woodswalkers, a handful of mostly-young halflings who weren't cared of the forest and it weird inhabitants.

But in her heart, she knew the raiding party had only been diverted; they would return somewhere else to prey on the helpless. if not them, then others. This sense of needing to protect, and the wanderlust she felt rising after exploring so much of her "home territory" has brought Juniper far afield from her erstwhile home in the north, to Riverbend.

Personality: Most of the time, Juniper is sweet, charming, and accommodating. a people-person, if you will. She has a great reverence for the world around her - even the city has a natural life ot it (in theory, anyway, she's still very much a country girl.) Somewhat naive, she tends towards optimism, and when confronted with harsher realities, prefers to retreat to the nearest stand of trees and try to make friends with the squirrels there. Despite this, she's not a fool, and isn't adverse to doing unpleasant things when called for - after all, even the cutest piglet has his days numbered on the farm, and life in the forest is even more harsh. This dichotomy can be jarring for some people, but it doesn't bother Juniper. She's still connected to her family back home, and writes them frequently. Maybe someday they'll learn to read, through her efforts!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 02:03:56 AM by Chulanowa »

« Reply #110 on: September 13, 2015, 02:02:48 AM »
And we are CLOSED for applications.

Now begins the incredibly high DC process of picking a starting party.

Locking topic. Please PM me if you have any questions or anything.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 02:21:27 AM by RedPhoenix »

Re: Riverbend [D&D 5e] - No Longer Taking Applications
« Reply #111 on: September 14, 2015, 12:08:39 AM »
The Party has been selected. I want to thank everyone who participated in this. It was really, really, hard to get this down to 6 (which is my absolute max) and if it was a case of whether people made it or not I would have taken several more. Thanks everyone for your patience as we worked through this.

The Starting Party is:

Ailwin the Half-Elf Monk
Bubbles the Dwarf Ranger
Geran the Half-Orc Barbarian
Iliana the Half-Elf Sorceress
Louis the Human Fighter
Spooky the Half-Orc Bard

All of you please move on over the OOC Thread where your character sheets will be posted as we work through them and we can begin discussing the party's mutual background.

Thanks again everyone, I was thrilled to see so much interest in a minimally-smutty system game here. :)