Family of Blood [Recruitment closed. Incest, Politics, Ex, MxM]

Started by Roen, August 21, 2015, 01:40:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roen

The lad, who wished he was still a boy, walked down the aisle towards his blood.

His outfit was ridiculous, so outdated and so uncomfortable, as traditional dressings tend to be. It wasn’t made to his measurements, since no living tailor crafted these outfits nowadays. None of it was current, some of it wasn’t even legal.

“Blood for blood.” They recited.
“Mine for yours.” The lad replied, as instructed.
“Yours for ours.” They answered.

His father was there, standing so tall, his brothers as well.  “Love your blood.” His father instructed once the lad arrived.
“My blood and no other.” The lad responded.

“Serve your blood.” His oldest brother, the Heir, demanded.
“Blindly and willfully.” He answered as the old texts instructed.

“Protect your blood.” Said the second in line, the Warrior.
“From without to within.”

“Be true to your blood.” Preached the third brother, the Priest.
“I’ll speak no false.” The lad vowed.

“Sooth your blood, and fill it with joy.” The fourth brother snuck a playful smirk. The Master was a spirited one.
“With my wit, my flesh and soul.” The young man’s face remained unfazed, although his innards were crawling and knotting within him.

“Blood for blood.” Father concluded.
“Mine for yours.” The lad replied.
“Yours for ours.” His brothers replied.

The lad finally managed to raise his gaze to his father. His eyes glinted both with hope as with fear. The older male eyed his youngest son for a stretching moment, as if calculating his worth as well as the quality of his performance. Then, seconds before the delay would be considered shameful, the older man nodded.

The lad swallowed and nodded back, his hands felt as if they were shaking when he raised them to his knots, but in truth they acted with decisive calmness as they undid the laces. In a matter of moments, the young man’s clothes dropped to the floor.

One by one they approached him.
First approached the Father.
Second came the Heir.
Third came the Warrior.
Fourth came the Priest.
And at last joined the Master.

A new Kadan was born to the family of blood.

First off, just to clarify, this is an all-male game. I don’t care what gender you are- I welcome all- but the characters need to be males. It’s just one of those games.
As the tags might have suggested, this game will include MxM and incest in bulk and could include some extreme material (rape, violence, etc.), so if you’re not okay with that- maybe you should look elsewhere.

That said, we can start talking about-
In a world that has already forsaken the chains of monarchy for the sake of capitalism and democracy, where the few enjoy the fruits of sweat and labor of the many, it is a rare thing to find actual lasting dynasties that not only avoid squandering their wealth and power, but actually manage to increase its stocks and various values with each generation. The family of blood, the Blutgott’s, is one of those rare few, and the reason for that is the dynasty’s religious and zealous adhering to the old ways of the world’s royalties and nobilities. I’m talking about traditions that are hundreds if not thousands of years old, some of them not only considered archaic and barbaric, but are downright illegal in most progressive states.

One of those traditions is a very straightforward no-exceptions hierarchy of roles and standings between the family members.
*The illustrations below had been taken from or inspired by the game Dragon Age: Inquisition.

The Father- the head of the family. The current owner and head of all family businesses, the final word is his, as long as he is proven competent. He’s there to keep his sons in line and make sure the traditions are kept down to the letter of the law. It takes a unanimous vote of the entire family to declare the father no longer fit to run the house, at which point all of his authorities, responsibilities, ownerships and privileges transfer to the first born. Naturally, by that stage most brothers had already established relocated to anywhere across the globe, using their hard earned ties and means to secure various positions of power, some within the Blutgott organization, others without.   

The Mother- Basically, she’s there to take care of all the old fashion (and more than slightly chauvinistic) mother and wife duties- she keeps the house and family in form, figuratively and literally, she’s there for formal and ceremonial reasons, an arm candy for the cameras, a more humane face for the business empire that has none. Most importantly, though, she’s there because she have been picked through a meticulous screening process in effort to find the best genetic combination to complement the father’s genetic pool. Plainly speaking, she’s there to give birth to the dynasty next set of super-babies. Once she’s outgrown that purpose, her stocks in the family plummet, unless she’s able to make one of the more powerful sons her loyal ally/puppet.

Daughters- When/if there are any, they don’t have any real status within the family. Basically, they are very well taken care of until they’re old enough to be married for business/political alliances.

The First Born- The Heir. His father’s main successor, he gets the biggest piece of the pie. Engineered, conditioned and then groomed to someday take his father’s place at the head of the family, being trained and educated by the father from boyhood, slowly and gradually taking over authorities and responsibilities he has proven he can improve upon. In absence of his family, he has great power over his brothers, and he shouldn’t be trifled with. Having the most coveted standing amongst the brothers, he has everything to lose- and very few people to answer to. Can be ousted by a unanimous vote of all three of his brothers, but the burden is on them to prove his incompetence. Ousting usually means death or a denouncement (which his arguably worse, in this family).

The Second Born- The Warrior. Usually one intensively trained and groomed to reach a high ranking military station at the country the family resides at. Second in line, he is to use his government appointment to further the family’s interest, while single handedly taking care of the organization’s security arrangements. Although not nearly as powerful as his older brother, the warrior is still a force to be reckoned with, mainly because he controls the security detail, facilities and surveillance around the many dynasty’s estates. Can be ousted by a unanimous vote of all three of his brothers, but the burden is on them to prove his incompetence. Ousting usually means death or a denouncement.

The Third Born- The Priest. Religion can be a highly profitable pursuit if done correctly, and the Blutgotts are nothing if not resourceful when it comes to profit. The third son would be elevated along the ministerial ranks of the main religious institution of that country, usually using the connections the family keeps in there, thanks to the previous generation’s priest. He’s also the family’s spiritual advisor, both in current religion and the old ways- which are a religion of themselves. He’s in charge of studying the ancient laws and be fully fluent in the traditions, as the family expert, it’s his duty to know all the subtleties of the laws, guide the various rituals and testify when an infringement has been made. In a house where the tradition is the law, you really don’t want to openly cross the lore-keeper. Can be ousted by a unanimous vote of all three of his brothers, but the burden is on them to prove his incompetence in accordance to the lore. Ousting for the priest means certain death.

The Fourth Born- The Master. This one gets a privilege that none of his other brothers do- leading a life of his choosing, to an extent. Basically, he can choose any career he’d like, as long as he excels in it- a scientist, an artist, a university professor, an architect or any other field that keeps scores. This wild card was created to allow diversity, to allow evolving and expanding of the family’s prowess. Simply put, the master is there to give the current generation its signature mark and make sure the family doesn’t get too constrained by traditions and fore-planning. The fourth born is basically powerless, but that also means he has nothing to lose. For that reason he’s usually kept on everyone’s best side. Ousting doesn’t mean much to the fourth born, but if he’s caught plotting against his brothers or family, he will be denounced- and then it’s open season on his life.

The Fifth Born- The Kadan. The Kadan is basically the family’s servant for all intents and purposes. He has no status aside from his calling: to keep his brothers and father happy and cooperative. He’s the glue of the family, the lover in their beds, the shoulder to cry on and the layman to give an unbiased opinion on a problem. He is to be taken care of by the house coffers for the rest of his life, as long as the house prospers- which means that the house’s success should be his only personal interest. The head of the family is responsible to make sure the Kadan is well provided and he is forbidden from managing that provision in order to sway the Kadan in his favor.
Why would he want the Kadan in his favor?
The Kadan’s unique neutral standing, the fact that he can never hold actual power over his brothers and that he can’t be bribed or blackmailed, makes him the perfect intermediary to solve indifferences, resolve feuds and supervise agreements and/or wagers between his brothers.
For that, being the peacemaker, keeping his brothers satisfied, taking their daily burdens off their shoulders and keeping the family from falling apart, the Kadan do get a special place of honor in the old tradition, and he is to be respected, in formal occasions.

He does have his own restriction:
The Kadan is never to pick a side between family members, the only side he’s allowed to take action for is the house’.
He isn’t allowed to make any moves to better his position.
He isn’t allowed to lay with anyone outside his family, unless instructed so by a family member.
The Kadan is expected to treat all of his family members equally and never favor any of them in particular.
He is never to disclose information told to him in discretion, unless provided with a substantial reason to do so.
He is never to speak of what happens between him and a family member behind closed doors.

All of these infringements are punishable in ways that vary in their severity. If a Kadan is proven to have acted against the house’s interest for his own personal gain, it is punishable by death, and it won’t be a pretty one. Seeing how important the Kadan’s integrity and loyalty is, rogue Kadans are made gruesome examples of.

The Kadan is expected to adhere to his family members’ different tastes and preferences, it goes as far as he is trained to modify his behavior around them, to better complement their styles and satisfy their every need.
And sure, he is to be respected for that. Does that mean he can’t be raped? Beaten? Threatened? Tortured even? The answer to that is simple: If it pleases one of his brothers or his father, not only should he allow that, he’s expected to encourage it. The brothers are supposed to consider the Kadan a confidant, a confessor that never judges.
Everything they need, it’s where what they need merges with what they do to further their individual goals that things get interesting.

To enforce those roles and maximize each member’s potential and inherit aptitude for that assigned role, endless practices in genetic-engineering and conditioning are being put to use. Genetic-selection makes sure that each first born will be the most cunning, charismatic and presentable heir there is, each warrior will be the most physically capable, each priest have the highest intellectual affinity, each master hone the most creative capability and each Kadan- the most physically appealing, creative, patient and adaptive.

This will be a semi-sandbox game with a grander plot, which will take place in the family estates, we’ll start at the main one. I will be taking on the role of the Kadan as a main character, and I’d like at least five other players to play the father and brothers. You don’t have to play a brother or a father, if you want to play someone outside the family that’s trying to get a piece of the cake, like a brother in law- one of the daughters’ husbands, perhaps?

This is a game of politics, of conspiracies and family relations where family bonds matter very little and yet very much. What sort of character would you play? The ambitious brother trying to get more than his share? A father struggling to maintain his hold in the face of a first born trying to send him into an early retirement? A loyal son looking to keep his family together? Perhaps one with a chip on his shoulder, looking to settle a score?

I’d like to stress something out- this isn’t a game designed just for all of your characters to interact with mine, this is a game about politics between the heirs of one of the most powerful houses in the world, and as it concerns the sex- it’s open season. Affairs can be created between all family members, staff and NPCs.

Some Q&A-

Quote from: lockepick on August 21, 2015, 10:29:46 PM
You mention the 'old ways' and 'old traditions', but it seems that the game takes place in US. Can you clarify what this means? Is this simple referring to Christianity as an antiquated belief, or some more druidic/animist religion that predates that, or something else?
It wasn't intended as an actual religion. Think of it as codes of conducts, a system of rules that were fashioned and developed by old-blood, old-money families that conceived them as a way to ensure the family's success and its wealth and power not only preserved- but increased along the generations instead of what usually happens to old-money dynasties, where their offspring squander the family wealth, bicker and drive the corporations' stocks to the ground. Since this set of codes had been proven to work, they do follow them as some kind of a religion, most of the times with distinctively greater zealousness than they do with their actual religions.

Quote from: lockepick on August 22, 2015, 10:39:48 AM
That clears things up and gives me some confidence. It also makes an interesting hierarchy where all but the First Born want Dad to around as long as possible, where the First Born doesn't.

Exactly, and the father is obligated by law to train, groom and prepare the first born for the transition of power, the succession and stability of the house depend on it. So on one side he needs to give the son the same tools and means that the heir might use to betray him, and on the other- keep watching his back to make sure the impatient first born wouldn't try to overthrow him prematurely.

Then it comes to how much faith they have in the first born's strength. If the first born would plot against their father, one brother may choose to risk it and help him in exchange for favors once the first born becomes the head of the house, while other might decide to use this chance and get the first born ousted, in which case all brothers get "promoted", and if another brother has aligned with the ousted heir, it might just be a double promotion!
You can be a Blutgott without choosing to act ruthlessly and in a traitorous manner, but you still gotta be cunning and resourceful enough to protect yourself from other people's ambition and ruthlessness, you simply cannot be in the game without making any moves.

I appreciate the clarification on the classification, but I'm not sure I'm still totally understanding the types of practices you're thinking of. The closest analog I can think of is sort of like old 'Hellfire Club' stuff, or Masonic practices. Since I am interested in the Priest, did you have a specific religion in mind? Or even a type of religion? Or is that something you expect the Priest to develop? I'm happy to do so, of course. The Priest only has power in regards to law/rules if those are known, you know?

First, about religion, the priest is called a priest because his job is get into one of the religious institutions that are running the country (which are as powerful today as they were before democracy, if not more) and ascend through the ranks. The family has decided long ago to 'sacrifice' one son to conventional religion because they acknowledge the potential in it. In this case, I'd say one of the more popular schools of Christianity, your choice will undoubtedly be better than mine (not from the US).

As for the traditions and laws, we will all discuss it in length once we get a solid group to play with, I thought it might be fun to do as a part of the pregame preparations, we'll have a Book of Blood sort of thread, where we will list all the laws, bylaws and amendments as well as a list of disciplinary/punitive actions to be taken against common infringements of various severity.
This situation can be placed anywhere, at any time, I’m going to make it contemporary. Futuristic enough to allow several generations born of genetic engineering, and probably the moral degradation of modern society, but not enough to look out the window and see cars flying in the sky. I’d like to discuss the details with you once we get a group running. 

Basically, it's the modern world, only slightly more advanced to allow genetic selection/engineering to be a bit more developed. We're already there in our world, but for them it's been a couple dozen years, they can make babies that will be clean of any unwanted genetic conditions/diseases, create offspring that not only will be more intelligent, but also pick what type of intelligence they will be prone to. That's how the Blutgott dynasty has been able to specifically engineer children for the specific roles of an heir to a business empire, a competent military man, an accomplished spiritual leader.

I've been asked whether they this is some sort of a house currently ruling a country. Most likely the game will take place in the US, so there's a democracy in place, even in its future version. The family of blood is an extremely powerful and well connected family, because- who needs the headache of actually ruling a country when you can pull the strings from back stage, enjoy all the fruits of the leaders' labor and take none of the responsibility/liability?
The Blutgotts are everywhere- in the government, the military, the church, the universities, and- of course, the fortune 500 companies; many of the companies that dominate the market are tied directly to the Blutgott corporation, and that's just in the US alone, former generations of Blutgotts (the second, third, fourth and fifth brothers of previous generations) are scattered all around the globe, holding high influence positions in many fields, companies, organizations and governments abroad.

At each generation, when the father passes or simply no longer fit to lead any kind of house, the first born takes over, and when he marries and has kids- he becomes the new father and the cycle repeats. His brothers, those that have survived the political blood game up to that point, usually find their own paths by that time, establishing homes and families of their own. The preferred option is for them to relocate into considerable distance, and the last couple of years of that transition period are used to secure positions in such far away locations.

What do I mean by 'Game of Blood'? It's this his game, basically. It's the game of brothers trying to better their shares and even their stations by alliances, manipulations, deals and sometimes deadly betrayals, once the game is over and the dust sets, those that emerge victorious are all the richer and more powerful for it, and the losers- utterly destroyed (and more than rarely finished off by the 'winners'). The game in itself is a natural side effect of the competition that the status and the business oriented mentality breed, business men need to be ruthless, and that ruthlessness isn't something you can simply switch off or turn your back to. It's a necessary evil, and so there is a safeguard installed in the codes to prevent or at least mitigate its damages to the family- the Kadan; this is why his role is so critical and honored, this is why the Kadans are so severely and cruelly punished when they go astray.

The nature of these occurrences leaves brothers, uncles and cousins that aren't much interested in family reunions, and simply prefer to stay out of each other's ways. They do help each other, use each-other's ties and means when needed, of course, all for the glory of the family name.

Some Q&A-
You mention 'moral degradation' -- can you give me a scale of how far things have degraded? I assume you're not thinking total Mad Max -- but is this so extreme as like Blade Runner or Shadowrun? Or more like the general idea of the World of Darkness setting -- everything is just a little darker and corrupt.
The latter, it takes centuries for society to crumble as you would see in settings such as Mad Max, Blade Runner and Shadowrun. The world and its society are still held together by duct-tape and moldy chewing gums, no worries. As insinuated in the teaser- parts of the family's practices are still considered illegal (i.e forced incest, false imprisonment, assassinations, rape, torture and all the less savory actions that somehow become "unavoidable" during the game of blood)
If you tell me you want to reserve a roll, I will mark it down on this list to let people know what roles hadn’t been requested yet, but it does not mean you’ve got the part just yet. I want to see your character sheet first. That said, keep in mind that the character slots below are just the basic suggestion, you can create characters of other roles and backgrounds for this game, as long as they have a logical reason to be in it.

The Father -- RESERVED
The First Born [The Heir]-- RESERVED
The Second Born [The Warrior]-- RESERVED
The Third Born [The Priest]-- RESERVD
The Fourth Born [The Master]-- RESERVD
The Fifth Born [The Kadan]-- RESERVED

[float=right][img height=300]*your character’s picture here*[/img][/float]
[b]Name:[/b]

[b]Age:[/b]

[b]Family Station:[/b] [Father, First Born-Heir, Second Born-Warrior…etc.]

[b]Sexual Orientation:[/b] [Gay in encouraged, but not necessary, he can still be hetero and make the Kadan the exception to that, or make no exceptions at all, the Kadan could just be a confidant, a favorite toy or a convenient servant]

[b]Appearance Adjustments:[/b] [Anything missing/not as in the picture you’ve posted.]

[b]Faceclaim:[/b] [For research.]

[b]Place of Living:[/b] [Favorite residence, the family has many, but for starter, the main estate is where the story will take place, he can come and visit if not live there.]

[b]Bio:[/b] [The regular stuff, anything from a brief to in-depth review of your character’s history.]

[b]Goals:[/b] [Your guy’s agenda. Can be censored, as long as you PM me the complete version.]

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]Kadan Requirements:[/b] [What are your character’s expectations of the Kadan? How does he like him to behave, what sort of role is he to play in your character’s presence behind closed doors? This can include uses, activities, roles and even preferred characteristics the Kadan is expected to express, or pretend to have, to suit your character’s needs, desires and/or personality.]

[b]Skill Set:[/b] [What is your character’s individual skill set? What is he extremely good at? What’s his edge?]

[b]Strengths:[/b] [We’re all one big [s]happy[/s] family, we know each other’s strengths and weaknesses, you should list at least three. You’re allowed one of the three that your character has been able to keep a secret, PM it to me.]
[b]Weaknesses:[/b] [You should list at least three. You’re allowed one of the three that your character has been able to keep a secret, PM it to me.]
[hr]

[b]Hard Limits:[/b] [Since this will go in the extreme, we’ll all need to know where you won’t go, content warning and maybe even game placement will be set accordingly.]

Mine

Name: Adam Ardan Blutgott

Family Station: Fifth Born, Kadan.

Sexual Orientation: Irrelevant, unknown.

Appearance Adjustments: Exactly like the picture, body mass depends on physical activity, physical activity depends on mood.

Faceclaim: Arthur Keller

Place of Living: His main residence is in the family estate, but he goes wherever he is needed, he has quarters in each of the various family estates.

Bio: From an early age, Adam has been taught about his place in family, first by his mother, then by his father, but mostly by his older brother, the priest. He had been spoon fed the importance of his role since before he could read or write, stories about how noble and necessary his calling would be, the importance of his sacrifice, the grave responsibility that will one day be his to bear on his own. He had been trained and educated in social subtleties protocols while his friends were playing video games, roaming the outdoors and making various uses of round objects.
Unlike some of his brothers, he wasn’t home-schooled, or at least- not during school hours, since it was important for him to develop the social skills one can only hone when exposed to a massive population of various personalities, interests and quirks. He was expected to make many friends, yet still keep his distance, become random people’s most favored companion, while keeping himself from becoming attached. It was a good practice, it kept Adam constantly busy and surrounded by people- yet he was probably the loneliest of the five sons, including the home-schooled ones. Being always around people but always keeping himself in check, putting up the face they wanted to see, saying whatever they wanted to hear, made him feel unheard, unseen, completely invisible and unable of making the simplest of honest interpersonal connections.
He wasn’t miserable about it, or at least- not aware of it, for the majority of his life- he considered that his greatest asset. Still, his position meant he had the respect, if not affection, of the majority of his family, being pampered and treated favorably by his brothers, as most runts tend to be. Adam could sense that there was more to that, they were using that time before his oath-taking to secure his loyalty, his affection and admiration. Not all, of course, it was to be expected that one or two would care more about keeping him in line, establishing their superiority and hold over him by respect, awe or fear.

Once he reached a mature age, around the age of sixteen, his training sessions evolved, changed. If during the early years he spent his afternoons learning about forks, instruments and languages, now his lessons consisted of perfecting sexual acts and performances (while keeping his virginity intact, mostly by demonstrations and theory), pain management and tolerance, physical training, he was taught about all sorts of sexual preferences and practices- how to pleasure, how to hurt, how to top, how to bottom, how to take pain and look like it was pleasurable, how to identify and encourage his partner’s deepest desires and needs. He was trained by the best in the various fields, from professional masseurs to government diplomats, from multi-billion bordello owners in Europe to human traffickers from countries he couldn’t even pin-point on the map.

Still, his least favorite study was taught to him by his third oldest brother, the priest: He was usually quite fond of his lore studies, learning all of those archaic laws, how they were seemingly barbaric yet still held some wise intent to them. He liked those lessons considerably less when they changed drastically and started depicting stories of Kadans across history, who neglected their duties and turned on their families, who plotted and schemed to get more than their fair shares, who abused the trust of their family members for their own gain. Horrible stories about tortured deaths, public humiliations, beheadings and imprisonments in horrifying conditions, and just so he would think those practices were long gone from the modern world, he was shown a video recording of a fairly recent looking Kadan who went rogue and was sent to a ruffians’ whore house in some third world country, whose clients paid a handsome sum to use them for their darkest and most savage needs. Most whores in that place don’t last the month, the Kadan in that movie was kept alive there for over five years until the recording of that video- which he did not survive. Adam couldn’t sleep or eat for week in the wake of that particular screening. He still dreams about it sometimes, on those nights his servants find him waking up in screams.

Cautionary tales, however, are best experience on the flesh, and Adam’s had a name: Johan Straus. Jon was the son of a Swedish diplomat, a close friend of his father’s uncle, who had been invited to stay at one of the family summer estates while Adam was at the age of seventeen. Adam was sent to the estate to supervise the visit, make sure the guest had all he needed and more- it was a good practice for him, as well for his somewhat wanting Swedish and German. Being at the peak of his less savory studies, Adam grew moody and distant at the time, and Jon picked up on that. He offered understanding and honest concern, as well as a pleasant distraction in the form of his company. Adam made the mistake of accepting and letting that get to him. The boys spent the better part of the summer together- just hanging out, partaking in multi-lingual conversations, hunting, swimming and frequenting the local night establishment. Adam’s second and crucial mistake was to fall for the foreign boy, and then talk about it around the help.
Not one week after Johan returned to Sweden, his eldest brother, the heir, sent a package to his room. The package consisted of three items: A picture of the recently deceased Johan sitting in a bloody bath with his wrists cut open, the Swede’s signet ring and a simple note in his brother’s handwriting:

“Our decisions have consequences, brother.
Never forget.”

Adam kept that ring closest to him ever since, and he never forgotten.

When the time came, Adam took his ceremonial vows and vowed to himself he would do anything he can to be the best Kadan the dynasty had in recent history.

Goals: Adam fully intent on fulfilling his calling the best he can. He truly cares about his family, his house and the thriving of his dynasty, his duty means everything to him. That said, he has no intention of being a mere servant to his brothers, he is fully aware of his situation and has every intention of establishing the respect and awe he believes the Kadan’s status should inspire. He’ll work above and below the board to secure that respect and influence, risking walking the line between what is permitted, and what might get him into serious trouble.

Personality: Adam can be a very pleasant companion, extremely attentive and kind and provide a clever conversation, if that’s what you want from him. He can be a shy and fearful young man, cowering away when you raise your voice. He can be the aggressive and bratty little savage if that is what gets you going. His personality is drastically amorphous when he’s around people he’s intent on pleasing or keeping at ease. When he’s being himself, he is mostly calm, collected and insightful, his wit is sharp, sometimes stingingly. Manipulation is in his nature, it’s not something he can turn off and on at will, sometimes he doesn’t even realize he’s doing it.
He’s an opportunist, but religiously and fearfully secretive about it, probably the only vice he had ever been taught to be wrong and immoral.

Skill Set: He is fluent in English, French, German, Swedish (though he doesn’t speak it anymore), Spanish, Arabic (generic) Russian, passable in Japanese and… Well, he’s still working on his Mandarin, it’s a sore subject. He can play the piano and the guitar, he’s proficient in bow and somewhat knows his way around firearms, and he remembers enough about several martial arts to take a man down if need be. By nature, he was trained to be a jack of all trades of sorts, and that includes cooking, golfing, massaging, reciting, dancing- classic and modern, and even writing. Old folklore and middle ages poetry are his passion, but he can help a brother out with a speech or a legal disclaimer if need be.

Strengths: Highly Adaptive, Cunning, Insightful about reading people.
Weaknesses: Ambitious, Spoiled and has a bit of a temper.

Hard Limits: I’m just going to link my E O/O Page here, everything is debatable, PM me.

So, guys and girls, would you… Errr… Like to be my brothers?  ::)

OOC Thread
Approved Characters
IC- TBA
Book of Blood - TBA

*Adrian Blutgott - Braioch- APPROVED!
*Erron Blutgott - rotburn - APPROVED!
*Recruitment Closed!
*Approved Characters thread- CREATED!
*OOC Thread- CREATED!
*John Blutgott - lockepick - APPROVED!
*Donovan Blutgott- OM- APPROVED!
*Beorn Blutgott - Caehlim - APPROVED!

Come and Write with Me! (O/Os and Ideas)
Even the oldest of sights has a moment of rebirth.
-Nathan Alterman.

Nico

You really put a lot of effort into this! :-) I really hope you get this going.

I just wanted to thank you for your invite, but I can't write or read incest.

However - Good luck!  ;D

Roen

Quote from: Nicholas on August 21, 2015, 03:35:16 PM
You really put a lot of effort into this! :-) I really hope you get this going.

I just wanted to thank you for your invite, but I can't write or read incest.

However - Good luck!  ;D

That's very kind of you, Nic, thanks a bunch! :P
And it's completely understandable, incest is not for everyone.

-Nathan Alterman.

Lockepick

I'd love to post my interest. I really like the idea of the Third Born, honestly!
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Orange Marmalade

Also voicing my interest here since I've already been talking to Roen a little.

Pondering 2nd son

Roen

Quote from: lockepick on August 21, 2015, 06:50:27 PM
I'd love to post my interest. I really like the idea of the Third Born, honestly!
Would love to have ya, Lock!
Updated the third son's status to requested, which means it's pending a CS. Other people are still able to request that slot, and then it's just a matter of which character fits best for the role.
I wouldn't worry, though, plenty more slots left!

Quote from: Orange Marmalade on August 21, 2015, 07:01:10 PM
Also voicing my interest here since I've already been talking to Roen a little.
Pondering 2nd son
Welcome, Orange, glad to have ya :P
Updated the second son's status to requested.

-Nathan Alterman.

Lockepick

There were some things I'd love some clarification/details on, when you can!

1) You mention the Bludgotts 'are everywhere' -- is that suggesting there are multiple 'hierarchies' of the Bludgotts in different areas? Or you just mean that the reach of the family extends into nearly every arena?
2) You mention the 'old ways' and 'old traditions', but it seems that the game takes place in US. Can you clarify what this means? Is this simple referring to Christianity as an antiquated belief, or some more druidic/animist religion that predates that, or something else?
3) You mention 'moral degradation' -- can you give me a scale of how far things have degraded? I assume you're not thinking total Mad Max -- but is this so extreme as like Blade Runner or Shadowrun? Or more like the general idea of the World of Darkness setting -- everything is just a little darker and corrupt.

I'm sure I'll have more! Also:
I've wanted to use this dude as a cult leader for a while - NSFW

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Caehlim

I really like the look of this, some really interesting ideas here. I'm intrigued by the idea of the fourth born, the master as a genetic engineer.
My home is not a place, it is people.
View my Ons and Offs page.

View my (new)Apologies and Absences thread or my Ideas thread.

Roen

Quote from: Caehlim on August 22, 2015, 01:09:06 AM
I really like the look of this, some really interesting ideas here. I'm intrigued by the idea of the fourth born, the master as a genetic engineer.
Hey, Cael! Go right ahead and make one!
I'm really curious about this, never seen you in a manipulative/cunning/political role :D

There were some things I'd love some clarification/details on, when you can!
1) You mention the Bludgotts 'are everywhere' -- is that suggesting there are multiple 'hierarchies' of the Bludgotts in different areas? Or you just mean that the reach of the family extends into nearly every arena?

At each generation, when the father passes or simply no longer fit to lead any kind of house, the first born takes over, and when he marries and has kids- he becomes the new father and the cycle repeats. His brothers, those that have survived the political blood game up to that point, usually find their own paths by that time, establishing homes and families of their own. The preferred option is for them to relocate into considerable distance, and the last couple of years of that transition period are used to secure positions in such far away locations.

What do I mean by 'Game of Blood'? This game, basically :P It's the game of brothers trying to better their shares and even their stations by alliances, manipulations, deals and sometimes deadly betrayals, once the game is over and the dust sets, those that emerge victorious are all the richer and more powerful for it, and the losers- utterly destroyed (and more than rarely finished off by the 'winners'). The game in itself is a natural side effect of the competition that the status and the business oriented mentality breed, business men need to be ruthless, and that ruthlessness isn't something you can simply switch off or turn your back to. It's a necessary evil, and so there is a safeguard installed in the codes to prevent or at least mitigate its damages to the family- the Kadan; this is why his role is so critical and honored, this is why the Kadans are so severely and cruelly punished when they go astray.

The nature of these occurrences leaves brothers, uncles and cousins that aren't much interested in family reunions, and simply prefer to stay out of each other's ways. They do help each other, use each-other's ties and means when needed, of course, all for the glory of the family name. 

2) You mention the 'old ways' and 'old traditions', but it seems that the game takes place in US. Can you clarify what this means? Is this simple referring to Christianity as an antiquated belief, or some more druidic/animist religion that predates that, or something else?

It wasn't intended as an actual religion. Think of it as codes of conducts, a system of rules that were fashioned and developed by old-blood, old-money families that conceived them as a way to ensure the family's success and its wealth and power not only preserved- but increased along the generations instead of what usually happens to old-money dynasties, where their offspring squander the family wealth, bicker and drive the corporations' stocks to the ground. Since this set of codes had been proven to work, they do follow them as some kind of a religion, most of the times with distinctively greater zealousness than they do with their actual religions.

3) You mention 'moral degradation' -- can you give me a scale of how far things have degraded? I assume you're not thinking total Mad Max -- but is this so extreme as like Blade Runner or Shadowrun? Or more like the general idea of the World of Darkness setting -- everything is just a little darker and corrupt.

The latter, it takes centuries for society to crumble as you would see in settings such as Mad Max, Blade Runner and Shadowrun. The world is still held together by duct-tape and moldy chewing gums, no worries :P As insinuated in the teaser- parts of the family's practices are still considered illegal (i.e forced incest, false imprisonment, assassinations, rape, torture and all the less savory actions that somehow become "unavoidable" during the game of blood)

I apologize if the setting seems 'half-baked', that's because it is. My intention was, seeing as this is a sandbox game that mainly focuses on inter-personal relations, to develop the setting while we prepare for the game, through this very process of OOC discussions and character ideas. So I thank you for that, I'll add the questions and the answers to the opening thread.

I'm sure I'll have more! Also:
I've wanted to use this dude as a cult leader for a while - NSFW
Oh, I pray to the almighty gods of E that you have a name for that faceclaim :D

-Nathan Alterman.

Caehlim

Quote from: Roen on August 22, 2015, 03:18:50 AM
Hey, Cael! Go right ahead and make one!
I'm really curious about this, never seen you in a manipulative/cunning/political role :D

I'll have to see what I can muster to wow you.

QuoteOh, I pray to the almighty gods of E that you have a name for that faceclaim :D

I had a bit of a look, apparently it's a photoshop. The original image for the lower body is...

Dustin Bronson

Haven't identified the head yet though.

Lockepick

I wouldn't say the setting is half-baked! The questions are a compliment, I want to fully immerse in the setting, so I just wanted to check to make sure I was on the same page.

1) That clears things up and gives me some confidence. It also makes an interesting hierarchy where all but the First Born want Dad to around as long as possible, where the First Born doesn't.

2) I appreciate the clarification on the classification, but I'm not sure I'm still totally understanding the types of practices you're thinking of. The closest analog I can think of is sort of like old 'Hellfire Club' stuff, or Masonic practices.

2.b) Since I am interested in the Priest, did you have a specific religion in mind? Or even a type of religion? Or is that something you expect the Priest to develop? I'm happy to do so, of course. The Priest only has power in regards to law/rules if those are known, you know?

3) Makes perfect sense! That's really what I figured, but I just wanted to know how low to turn the Gamma when I was envisioning the setting! :)

The Picture: You know, I always thought the guy's head looked weird. I think that's part of the appeal of why I thought it looked like a cult leader -- he just looks like this confident, decadent, idol. I think the blur around the head make me think it looked more like a painting, which just fit that idea better.

Roen

1) That clears things up and gives me some confidence. It also makes an interesting hierarchy where all but the First Born want Dad to around as long as possible, where the First Born doesn't.

Exactly, and the father is obligated by law to train, groom and prepare the first born for the transition of power, the succession and stability of the house depend on it. So on one side he needs to give the son the same tools and means that the heir might use to betray him, and on the other- keep watching his back to make sure the impatient first born wouldn't try to overthrow him prematurely.

Then it comes to how much faith they have in the first born's strength. If the first born would plot against their father, one brother may choose to risk it and help him in exchange for favors once the first born becomes the head of the house, while other might decide to use this chance and get the first born ousted, in which case all brothers get "promoted", and if another brother has aligned with the ousted heir, it might just be a double promotion! :D
You can be a Blutgott without choosing to act ruthlessly and in a traitorous manner, but you still gotta be cunning and resourceful enough to protect yourself from other people's ambition and ruthlessness, you simply cannot be in the game without making any moves.

2) I appreciate the clarification on the classification, but I'm not sure I'm still totally understanding the types of practices you're thinking of. The closest analog I can think of is sort of like old 'Hellfire Club' stuff, or Masonic practices.
2.b) Since I am interested in the Priest, did you have a specific religion in mind? Or even a type of religion? Or is that something you expect the Priest to develop? I'm happy to do so, of course. The Priest only has power in regards to law/rules if those are known, you know?

First, about religion, the priest is called a priest because his job is get into one of the religious institutions that are running the country (which are as powerful today as they were before democracy, if not more) and ascend through the ranks. The family has decided long ago to 'sacrifice' one son to conventional religion because they acknowledge the potential in it. In this case, I'd say one of the more popular schools of Christianity, your choice will undoubtedly be better than mine (not from the US).

As for the traditions and laws, we will all discuss it in length once we get a solid group to play with, I thought it might be fun to do as a part of the pregame preparations, we'll have a "Book of Blood" sort of thread, where we will list all the laws, bylaws and amendments as well as a list of disciplinary/punitive actions to be taken against common infringements of various degrees of severity.

-Nathan Alterman.

Vael the Destroyer

Locke turned me on to this, because he's evil and the best.

I'm just going to go ahead and say that I'm interested, though I can't guarantee how active I'll be.

Caeh, Locke, I'm putting the both of you in charge to make sure that I only make one character.

Roen

Quote from: ShatteredSymphony on August 22, 2015, 04:12:19 PM
Locke turned me on to this, because he's evil and the best.

I'm just going to go ahead and say that I'm interested, though I can't guarantee how active I'll be.

Caeh, Locke, I'm putting the both of you in charge to make sure that I only make one character.

Hey, Shattered! Welcome aboard!
One character is the current limit, no worries, and the resting posting rate in my games, once the dust of the beginning hype settles, is 1-2 posts per week, does that sit well with you?

Also, I've gotta say you surprised me, I thought I knew everyone on the E's MxM scene...
Where have they been hiding you? :P

-Nathan Alterman.

Vael the Destroyer

Quote from: Roen on August 22, 2015, 04:23:32 PM
Hey, Shuttered! Welcome aboard!
One character is the current limit, no worries, and the resting posting rate in my games, once the dust of the beginning hype settles, is 1-2 posts per week, does that sit well with you?

Also, I've gotta say you surprised me,
I thought I knew everyone on the E's MxM scene... Where have they been hiding you? :P

I'm sure I could do 1-2 posts a week. If not, is there a way that I could just put something up and be relieved from torture? Or would I be spanked instead?  >:)

I've been hiding in Locke's closet. Or Caeh's. I'm surprised we have never run into one another, since I have written with all three of the gentlemen who have shown interest.

Also: since the first born is still open, I definitely would not mind trying him out. Though, I feel like I might take a different route with him that might not be entirely expected.

Roen

Quote from: ShatteredSymphony on August 22, 2015, 04:25:28 PM
Also: since the first born is still open, I definitely would not mind trying him out. Though, I feel like I might take a different route with him that might not be entirely expected.
Color me curious, and I'll color the slot as requested.

I've been hiding in Locke's closet. Or Caeh's. I'm surprised we have never run into one another, since I have written with all three of the gentlemen who have shown interest.
I wasn't aware that Locke still owns a closet... Would expect that damn thing to be burned to ashes years ago ;)

I'm sure I could do 1-2 posts a week. If not, is there a way that I could just put something up and be relieved from torture? Or would I be spanked instead?  >:)
*quirks brow* Why not both?

-Nathan Alterman.

Vael the Destroyer

Quote from: Roen on August 22, 2015, 04:37:49 PM
Color me curious, and I'll color the slot as requested.
I wasn't aware that Locke still owns a closet... Would expect that damn thing to be burned to ashes years ago ;)

*quirks brow* Why not both?

I enjoy your curiosity, and I hope that you will enjoy having me here. Especially if you enjoy fairly intelligent male characters who loved to get fucked like bitches. <3

Oh, trust me, I'd love to have both. Spanking is wonderful, just depends on the kind of torture you have in mind. ;)

Faceclaim

Just add some chest hair to him and he's pretty much perfect. Gotta have the hairy guys around.

Roen

Also, I've written before, slots requested are not reserved strictly speaking, two players can submit characters for the same slot. Only one will get it, though.
What more, the mentioned slots are not the only options out there, you can make a character outside the defined roles, as long as it has a good reason to be there, and I'll consider embracing it.

That said, I'm utterly ecstatic to see that role being taken, was starting to worry I wouldn't find a first born :P

Dare I hope one more player would come along and redeem the Father's role as well?

Edit (seems like we're on a replying race :P)-
Quote from: ShatteredSymphony on August 22, 2015, 04:42:32 PM
Faceclaim
Just add some chest hair to him and he's pretty much perfect. Gotta have the hairy guys around.
I need a name.

I can totally see that guy being the fearsome first born governing over all of his brothers. Not to interfere with whatever you had planned for that character, of course!

-Nathan Alterman.

Vael the Destroyer

Santi Waine is the name of that model. If Florian Bourdila looked older, I was tempted to use him again but I don't want to recycle face claims when I can use one that I have been craving to use.

I sure do hope someone comes alon and takes the spot of the father. I have a feeling that the first born (if I acquire his spot) will hold the love for his father - and the man's cock - above all. ;)

Roen

Quote from: ShatteredSymphony on August 22, 2015, 04:58:57 PM
Santi Waine is the name of that model. If Florian Bourdila looked older, I was tempted to use him again but I don't want to recycle face claims when I can use one that I have been craving to use.
Oh, he is a pretty one, yet still intense enough to do this role.
I do find people who tattoo their own names on their bodies (wrists) kinda amusing, but that won't be a problem :P

Quote from: ShatteredSymphony on August 22, 2015, 04:58:57 PM
I sure do hope someone comes alon and takes the spot of the father. I have a feeling that the first born (if I acquire his spot) will hold the love for his father - and the man's cock - above all. ;)
Haha, talk about ways to defuse the tension, though I hope it won't. I'm looking forward to a bloody game (figuratively... mostly).

-Nathan Alterman.

Vael the Destroyer

Quote from: Roen on August 22, 2015, 05:19:42 PM

Oh, he is a pretty one, yet still intense enough to do this role.
I do find people who tattoo their own names on their bodies (wrists) kinda amusing, but that won't be a problem :P
Haha, talk about ways to defuse the tension, though I hope it won't. I'm looking forward to a bloody game (figuratively... mostly).

Those aren't gonna be there. XD I didn't even know he had them until you pointed that out.

Oh, the first born is totally going to be such a naughty little bastard, I can tell you that much for certain.

Roen

Consider my mind at ease.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Heh, look at him, he's got that "Don't sass me, Boy!" look on his face.

Perfect.

-Nathan Alterman.

Vael the Destroyer

Quote from: Roen on August 22, 2015, 05:45:21 PM
Consider my mind eased.

Heh, look at him, he's got that "Don't sass me, Boy!" look on his face.

Perfect.

Legitimately.

"Don't sass me, just fuck me." ;)

Lockepick

Quote from: Roen on August 22, 2015, 03:13:31 PM

As for the traditions and laws, we will all discuss it in length once we get a solid group to play with, I thought it might be fun to do as a part of the pregame preparations, we'll have a "Book of Blood" sort of thread, where we will list all the laws, bylaws and amendments as well as a list of disciplinary/punitive actions to be taken against common infringements of various degrees of severity.

Hardly a religion expert, but I believe: I would say the 'In God We Trust' in America refers to Christian religions. Original Puritans were an offshoot of Protestants, but over time, it's sort of mutated and branched off and come back to Catholicism. I would say that most modern Christians in the US are Catholic, over the other options.

Having said that -- Catholicism is kind of boring. Not a lot of smutty sexy rituals there. Could I offer an idea that the Bludgotts have changed the 'state' religion over the generations? Something more Animist or even a Folk/Ethnic religion would be a lot more fun -- gives us a lot more options for rituals and cult behavior. A modernization of the Greek or Norse Gods as ideals to aspire too, and less literal deities, might be fun. Though I admit, it might make the whole thing into a more fantasy route though, and less realistic.

Caehlim

Well, I've been considering ideas for my fourth born and it's all coming roughly together.

So far the face claims have a rough sort of family resemblance to them which has made me want to try to find someone similar. We can use the genetic engineering as an excuse for some variation though, but I at least want someone with what currently appears to be the family jawline.

I'm thinking Marcus Hedbrandh

Orange Marmalade

Still trying to come up with a good face claim...

Vaguely considering
Alex Taylor

or maybe
Chris Leabu

or possibly
Derek Richardson

Ugh I don't even know! Maybe I'll write him up a bit and see where I end up.

Caehlim

Orange Marmalade, if it helps you make your choice at all, I think Alex Taylor looks perfect for the role. They're all great but there's something slightly sinister about him.

Vael the Destroyer

Caehlim

Vael the Destroyer

I'm okay with whatever. I know you'll make the right decision for you, Orange.

Either way, it's not going to stop the Heir from wanting to be banged by all of his brothers.

Orange Marmalade

Vael the Destroyer

Quote from: Orange Marmalade on August 22, 2015, 11:40:45 PM
Hah you two are basically echoing my thoughts on each of them :)

Why not just choose the first guy then throw in some chest hair on him in game?

Caehlim

Quote from: ShatteredSymphony on August 22, 2015, 11:46:11 PM
Why not just choose the first guy then throw in some chest hair on him in game?

I second that idea. There's really no worry about changing a few details from the picture like that.

Roen

Quote from: Orange Marmalade on August 22, 2015, 10:23:43 PM
Vaguely considering
Alex Taylor

or maybe
Chris Leabu

or possibly
Derek Richardson

Ok, first let me say- I want everyone to choose and play the characters they feel most connected and comfortable with.

Now, for the second, son- if it helps at all, I think that a man genetically engineered specifically for a military career should find it extremely easier to develop muscle mass, among other physical characteristics you'd need to excel through the military ranks (probably not a grunt anymore, he can be anywhere from a military officer to the FBI/CIA, but it would probably be a station that keeps him close to home when the game starts).

As for the rest of them, I don't want to step on any toes, but when I've picked my face-claim, for the brother with the actual 'family-mattress' role, I did my best to choose one that would be seductive enough to serve as a bottom, but still manly enough to allow him to fulfill the role of a top whenever he needs to? Does that sound reasonable?

We haven't talked about top/bottom/dom/sub roles yet, but I'd like you to take two points into consideration-
1. Each brother needs to be and look older than his younger ones by at least a year and a half (to allow for the genetic treatments, seeding, cultivating and embryo selection).
2. Even in today's society, male power and dominance are often associated with physical superiority.

I hope I haven't offended anyone's sensibilities here, I really do want you to play the characters that you want to play, just felt like it needed to be said, for the plot's integrity if for nothing else.

-Nathan Alterman.

Orange Marmalade

Roen those were all things I was considering as well :)

Though really with these sorts of genetics there's a lot of variability available too. Some could have slightly better genes when it comes to aging, some could have genes that give muscles a bit more power per pound, etc.

I do agree though and have been considering someone a bit more muscular but having a bit harder time finding someone who fits the family look.

Vael the Destroyer

Quote from: Roen on August 23, 2015, 01:08:45 AM
Ok, first let me say- I want everyone to choose and play the characters they feel most connected and comfortable with.

Now, for the second, son- if it helps at all, I think that a man genetically engineered specifically for a military career should find it extremely easier to develop muscle mass, among other physical characteristics you'd need to excel through the military ranks (probably not a grunt anymore, he can be anywhere from a military officer to the FBI/CIA, but it would probably be a station that keeps him close to home when the game starts).

As for the rest of them, I don't want to step on any toes, but when I've picked my face-claim, for the brother with the actual 'family-mattress' role, I did my best to choose one that would be seductive enough to serve as a bottom, but still manly enough to allow him to fulfill the role of a top whenever he needs to? Does that sound reasonable?

We haven't talked about top/bottom/dom/sub roles yet, but I'd like you to take two points into consideration-
1. Each brother needs to be and look older than his younger ones by at least a year and a half (to allow for the genetic treatments, seeding, cultivating and embryo selection).
2. Even in today's society, male power and dominance are often associated with physical superiority.

I hope I haven't offended anyone's sensibilities here, I really do want you to play the characters that you want to play, just felt like it needed to be said, for the plot's integrity if for nothing else.

Definitely seems legit to me. I'm more than happy to play both bottom and top roles.

Though, I might end up having to find another face claim, but that won't end up being too hard.

Roen

Quote from: Orange Marmalade on August 23, 2015, 01:14:02 AM
Roen those were all things I was considering as well :)

Though really with these sorts of genetics there's a lot of variability available too. Some could have slightly better genes when it comes to aging, some could have genes that give muscles a bit more power per pound, etc.

I do agree though and have been considering someone a bit more muscular but having a bit harder time finding someone who fits the family look.

Whenever I'm having a tough time choosing a face claim, I go HERE, it's a really good blog, though I wish the 'Beautiful Hairy Men' would be a little more, you know, hairy -_-

-Nathan Alterman.

Orange Marmalade

Oh not a bad resource! I'm gonna poke around there!

Also considering Tyler Hoechlin.. He might fit into that role well too. Hmmm

Vael the Destroyer

I mean, I do have a backup.

Justice Joslin

He's just not usually the kind of guy I tend to play. Like, thought it might be interesting if maybe one of the brother's wasn't perfectly muscular and in every way perfect?

For example - and I know you've used him before Orange so I apologize if this is weird for you - but Jared Leto. He's still toned, but more slender, and definitely less on the 'clean cut' end of the spectrum from what I've seen with the guys so far being thrown around.

Quote from: Orange Marmalade on August 23, 2015, 01:26:29 AM
Oh not a bad resource! I'm gonna poke around there!

Also considering Tyler Hoechlin.. He might fit into that role well too. Hmmm

Tyler Hoechlin gives me everything. I love that man. He's my future husband, he just don't know it yet.

Orange Marmalade

Hah yeah he's handsome.

Hmm Henry Cavill might fit well too. And he looks young in some of his recent stuff. Hmmmmm

Alright starting to get some ideas at least!

Vael the Destroyer

Roen

Quote from: Orange Marmalade on August 23, 2015, 01:31:06 AM
Hah yeah he's handsome.
Hmm Henry Cavill might fit well too. And he looks young in some of his recent stuff. Hmmmmm
Alright starting to get some ideas at least!

Ok, both are fucking delicious, Cavill, in my eyes, has always been the perfect man, especially in his hairy incarnations >_> What is it with thr Brits and making chest hair look so fucking hot?

As for Leto, putting the Joker and the grandma teeth debacle aside, if you that is the guy you invisioned for the future head of one of the most powerful families in the world, then you should definitely use him! :D

-Nathan Alterman.

Vael the Destroyer

I agree with the Brits + chest hair statement. Though, I'm just a fan of body hair in general. Daddy muscle bears are my ultimate weakness.

Hmm, long haired, scruffy Jared Leto... I'd totally use him, but only if Orange is okay with it since he's used him as an FC for X-Men. I know sometimes it can be weird.

Orange Marmalade

Vael the Destroyer

Aww hells yisss! He might be another one of those faceclaims I've been wanting to use for like ever.

Caehlim

Quote from: Roen on August 23, 2015, 01:08:45 AM1. Each brother needs to be and look older than his younger ones by at least a year and a half (to allow for the genetic treatments, seeding, cultivating and embryo selection).

Yeah, I've tried to do that with my character as the fourth born, I didn't want to make him too old and bump everyone else's age up. I figure I can go around early twenties to be older than the fifth born. Also as one designed to be more intellectually potent, I didn't go for too much in the way of muscle but still didn't want him to look like a slouch.

What's your opinion with Marcus Hedbrandh, does he fit the role alright? I have trouble judging since I normally select faceclaims on the twinkier side of the fence.

Vael the Destroyer

Orange Marmalade

Roen

Quote from: ShatteredSymphony on August 23, 2015, 02:12:38 AM
Hmm, long haired, scruffy Jared Leto... I'd totally use him, but only if Orange is okay with it since he's used him as an FC for X-Men. I know sometimes it can be weird.

Well, if you're sure you can make that look work for the first born, you should go ahead and submit him. Keep in mind that a less than business-presentable appearance can be an argument his brother can use to base their demands for his removal.

-Nathan Alterman.

Vael the Destroyer

Quote from: Roen on August 23, 2015, 02:37:37 AM
Well, if you're sure you can make that look work for the first born, you should go ahead and submit him. Keep in mind that a less than business-presentable appearance can be an argument his brother can use to base their demands for his removal.

Oh, I would love to see how that would go down.

Roen

Quote from: Caehlim on August 23, 2015, 02:23:36 AM
What's your opinion with Marcus Hedbrandh, does he fit the role alright? I have trouble judging since I normally select faceclaims on the twinkier side of the fence.

He fits perfectly, Caehl, you should definitely pick him if you want to.

-Nathan Alterman.

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: ShatteredSymphony on August 23, 2015, 02:41:37 AM
Oh, I would love to see how that would go down.

I think the main point is it has to be someone who cleans up nice, and probably presents themselves that way to the world at large - someone who would be respected by some of the world's most powerful (and rather stuffy) business leaders. Leto is probably good for that since he can pull this off for business meetings while keeping the bad boy stuff for weekend parties and at home?

Vael the Destroyer

Well... I uh... might have something in my mind that long haired, scruffy Jared Leto would work perfectly for. Don't know how well it's going to go down, and I don't know if everyone is going to agree with it, but it's pretty much how I imagine the Heir being if I'm writing for him.

Roen

Quote from: lockepick on August 22, 2015, 05:59:37 PM
Hardly a religion expert, but I believe: I would say the 'In God We Trust' in America refers to Christian religions. Original Puritans were an offshoot of Protestants, but over time, it's sort of mutated and branched off and come back to Catholicism. I would say that most modern Christians in the US are Catholic, over the other options.

Having said that -- Catholicism is kind of boring. Not a lot of smutty sexy rituals there. Could I offer an idea that the Bludgotts have changed the 'state' religion over the generations? Something more Animist or even a Folk/Ethnic religion would be a lot more fun -- gives us a lot more options for rituals and cult behavior. A modernization of the Greek or Norse Gods as ideals to aspire too, and less literal deities, might be fun. Though I admit, it might make the whole thing into a more fantasy route though, and less realistic.

Haven't forgotten about you, Locke!

I too want to keep this game on the realistic side, so we'll let America stay Christian, and the priest's position will be within a Christian church, Cathollic sounds great.

However, we can definitely give the traditions and rules of the family a Norse/Greek theme when we make them ;D Sounds good?

-Nathan Alterman.

Roen

Quote from: ShatteredSymphony on August 23, 2015, 02:55:40 AM
Well... I uh... might have something in my mind that long haired, scruffy Jared Leto would work perfectly for. Don't know how well it's going to go down, and I don't know if everyone is going to agree with it, but it's pretty much how I imagine the Heir being if I'm writing for him.
Oh dear. I'm sorry if I made it sound like I'm criticizing your choice, Shattered. Both of your choices, Leto and Waine, would be great.

I might advise and I might offer pointers for your consideration, but at the end of the day, I'd much prefer my players to go with their gut feelings and personal truths.  :D

-Nathan Alterman.

Caehlim

Name: Beorn Blutgott (Named for the fourth son of Ragnar Lodbrock in the Norse story Ragnarssona þáttr)

Age: Early twenties (Can be adjusted to fit in appropriately between The Kaden and the Third-born)

Family Station: Fourth Born Master

Sexual Orientation: Gay

Appearance Adjustments: Picture is accurate.

Faceclaim: Marcus Hedbrandh

Place of Living: Prefers to stay with the family. Not well suited for life on his own.

Bio: Beorn was raised from birth with the expectation of being a Master. Every field of education was open to him, the best tutors made available and for a brief while some of the best private schools money could buy although it was soon discovered that school was not the place for him. He didn't fit in with other children and he was returned home to private tuition. He technically has no formal qualifications, (although a family endowment of a new wing to a university allowed him to receive an honourary degree). He studied everything and was fascinated with the world.

It was when he noticed his own deteriorating mental health that he focused his effort on understanding himself and his family, eventually moving more into medical science and then genetic engineering. He believes that inbreeding and the genetic engineering of the Blutgotts is responsible for his paranoia. He's not sure if he can cure it, although he does prescribe himself a variety of drugs to attempt to keep himself sane and level, however he believes he can cure it in the next generation. When finally his brother (whichever one it is) takes over and starts a new generation, Beorn will stay on with the family long enough to help screen the next generation for problems.

He runs the scientific department of the Orion Biotechnologies, a corporation in which he also owns a controlling interest of 51% as part of his family's assets. While it is a small part of their family's vast empire, it is a fine enough addition to it that it's notable and not a bad achievement for a fourth born. The company has its own CEO, to save Beorn from needing to run the day to day operations (which he would be terrible at), however Beorn is in charge of the board of directors. He has also arranged seats on the board of directors for his brother Adam, the Kadan, in case he needs a second opinion and Adam is available. It gives him his own lab and assistants to work on whatever research projects he likes and keeps him busy. The company also makes a decent income to go back into the family coffers.

Goals: Beorn cares nothing for inheriting the Blutgott family throne and merely wishes to survive the coming politics and retire happily ever after.

Censored Goals
This is why I write my notes in code, brother.

Personality: Beorn is paranoid, both from the reality that he is surrounded by dangerous political individuals and because the gifts of imagination and pattern recognition written into his genetic code make him hyper sensitive even to dangers that aren't there. This is something that has grown worse over time as he's been exposed to the family business. He's smart enough to realize that he's paranoid but doesn't know what to do to control it.

Despite his paranoia he has trouble being attentive to everyday events usually too busy concentrating five steps ahead or on complex problems. It leaves him in an absent-minded haze and he clings to routine to keep himself in control. He leaves notes for himself, but suspects that others might read or modify them, so always leaves them encrypted with elaborate cyphers that he expects no one else can break.

He tends to be the case example of whether it is possible to be too intelligent for a Blutgott Master. Capable of amazing scientific genius when concentrated on a task, but then will grow distracted or obsessed by an unrelated question. The discoveries he has made, rarely what was intended, have been remarkable though.

Kadan Requirements: In his paranoia the family Kadan is the only one he trusts completely. Even in their teens he depended heavily on his little brother taking comfort from his presence and trusting his reassurances. While he can get through tasks without the Kadan (and has to when Adam is otherwise occupied) everything takes at least twice as long as he has to double-check everything. Having his brother there makes things simpler.

When they're alone he likes the Kadan to be a caregiver to him. Check up on him from time to time to make sure he remembers things like eating, drinking and sleeping. He sleeps much better when Adam puts in into bed and better still when Adam joins him. He likes the Kadan to watch his food being prepared and to hand it to him himself, where possible or assure him that it's safe if he can't hand it over personally. He expects the Kadan to order him about for his basic needs and has no problem with the Kadan telling him to do something. If Adam tells him to change his tie before going out in public, he would, assuming that Adam had a good reason without even asking what it was. In public he needs the Kadan to hide just how much he helps Beorn and to help him foster more of an air of independence, especially amongst anyone outside the family.

More intimately, when alone, he would like the Kadan to be caring and affectionate. Combining brotherly affection with more intimate care and contact. When they're alone he likes the Kadan to be protective and tough, taking on a lot more dominant and masculine characteristics. In a lot of ways being more of a "daddy" than a brother or Kadan. This is only in private as he prefers to keep up a stronger front around other members of the family and a much stronger act still in public.

In public his brother is meant to appear to be his personal assistant, a perfect corporate executive who gets things done at Orion Biotechnologies on behalf of his obviously less worldly brother. Amongst the family it's not much of a secret that Beorn is heavily dependant on Kadan, but he at least tries to seem more like the boss within the pair around the others.

Skill Set: Beorn is a scientific polymath. Any field of science that he dedicated his life to, would be advanced a decade or so by his contribution. However this has little use on a day to day basis as this is skill in long term research and development rather than practical matters most of the time. His speciality and most frequent obsession is genetic engineering, particularly that of the Blodgott family.

He is also qualified as a doctor, probably his only practical skill outside of research. While technically not licensed he is fully capable of taking care of most forms of medical treatment including surgery.

He is also gifted as an artist, thanks to the creativity and imagination of a master. He works in paint or sketches in charcoal or pencil. This is purely a hobby for him however and none of his work has ever been shown to the public.

Strengths: Genius.
Hyperaware and vigilant.
Excellent reflexes.

Weaknesses: Paranoid.
Forgets about trivial matters like eating, drinking, sleeping or other minor life-necessities.
Poor interpersonal skills.

Hard Limits: These are listed on my On/Off page.

Orange Marmalade

Very nice! Will have mine done shortly :) working out the final details.

Caehlim

Quote from: Orange Marmalade on August 23, 2015, 07:53:49 AM
Very nice! Will have mine done shortly :) working out the final details.

Excellent, can't wait to see what you come up with.

rotburn

Alight Roen.

It was inevitable that I came over to check out your own thread starting up. Have to say, it's quite delicious! *waggles eyebrows*

Anyone begging for a sadistic but fair father figure?

Roen

Beorn Blutgott
Quote from: Caehlim on August 23, 2015, 07:41:28 AM
Name: Beorn Blutgott (Named for the fourth son of Ragnar Lodbrock in the Norse story Ragnarssona þáttr)

Age: Early twenties (Can be adjusted to fit in appropriately between The Kaden and the Third-born)

Family Station: Fourth Born Master

Sexual Orientation: Gay

Appearance Adjustments: Picture is accurate.

Faceclaim: Marcus Hedbrandh

Place of Living: Prefers to stay with the family. Not well suited for life on his own.

Bio: Beorn was raised from birth with the expectation of being a Master. Every field of education was open to him, the best tutors made available and for a brief while some of the best private schools money could buy although it was soon discovered that school was not the place for him. He didn't fit in with other children and he was returned home to private tuition. He technically has no formal qualifications, (although a family endowment of a new wing to a university allowed him to receive an honourary degree). He studied everything and was fascinated with the world.

It was when he noticed his own deteriorating mental health that he focused his effort on understanding himself and his family, eventually moving more into medical science and then genetic engineering. He believes that inbreeding and the genetic engineering of the Blutgotts is responsible for his paranoia. He's not sure if he can cure it, although he does prescribe himself a variety of drugs to attempt to keep himself sane and level, however he believes he can cure it in the next generation. When finally his brother (whichever one it is) takes over and starts a new generation, Beorn will stay on with the family long enough to help screen the next generation for problems.

He runs the scientific department of the Orion Biotechnologies, a corporation in which he also owns a controlling interest of 51% as part of his family's assets. While it is a small part of their family's vast empire, it is a fine enough addition to it that it's notable and not a bad achievement for a fourth born. The company has its own CEO, to save Beorn from needing to run the day to day operations (which he would be terrible at), however Beorn is in charge of the board of directors. He has also arranged seats on the board of directors for his brother Adam, the Kadan, in case he needs a second opinion and Adam is available. It gives him his own lab and assistants to work on whatever research projects he likes and keeps him busy. The company also makes a decent income to go back into the family coffers.

Goals: Beorn cares nothing for inheriting the Blutgott family throne and merely wishes to survive the coming politics and retire happily ever after.

Censored Goals
This is why I write my notes in code, brother.

Personality: Beorn is paranoid, both from the reality that he is surrounded by dangerous political individuals and because the gifts of imagination and pattern recognition written into his genetic code make him hyper sensitive even to dangers that aren't there. This is something that has grown worse over time as he's been exposed to the family business. He's smart enough to realize that he's paranoid but doesn't know what to do to control it.

Despite his paranoia he has trouble being attentive to everyday events usually too busy concentrating five steps ahead or on complex problems. It leaves him in an absent-minded haze and he clings to routine to keep himself in control. He leaves notes for himself, but suspects that others might read or modify them, so always leaves them encrypted with elaborate cyphers that he expects no one else can break.

He tends to be the case example of whether it is possible to be too intelligent for a Blutgott Master. Capable of amazing scientific genius when concentrated on a task, but then will grow distracted or obsessed by an unrelated question. The discoveries he has made, rarely what was intended, have been remarkable though.

Kadan Requirements: In his paranoia the family Kadan is the only one he trusts completely. Even in their teens he depended heavily on his little brother taking comfort from his presence and trusting his reassurances. While he can get through tasks without the Kadan (and has to when Adam is otherwise occupied) everything takes at least twice as long as he has to double-check everything. Having his brother there makes things simpler.

When they're alone he likes the Kadan to be a caregiver to him. Check up on him from time to time to make sure he remembers things like eating, drinking and sleeping. He sleeps much better when Adam puts in into bed and better still when Adam joins him. He likes the Kadan to watch his food being prepared and to hand it to him himself, where possible or assure him that it's safe if he can't hand it over personally. He expects the Kadan to order him about for his basic needs and has no problem with the Kadan telling him to do something. If Adam tells him to change his tie before going out in public, he would, assuming that Adam had a good reason without even asking what it was. In public he needs the Kadan to hide just how much he helps Beorn and to help him foster more of an air of independence, especially amongst anyone outside the family.

More intimately, when alone, he would like the Kadan to be caring and affectionate. Combining brotherly affection with more intimate care and contact. When they're alone he likes the Kadan to be protective and tough, taking on a lot more dominant and masculine characteristics. In a lot of ways being more of a "daddy" than a brother or Kadan. This is only in private as he prefers to keep up a stronger front around other members of the family and a much stronger act still in public.

In public his brother is meant to appear to be his personal assistant, a perfect corporate executive who gets things done at Orion Biotechnologies on behalf of his obviously less worldly brother. Amongst the family it's not much of a secret that Beorn is heavily dependant on Kadan, but he at least tries to seem more like the boss within the pair around the others.

Skill Set: Beorn is a scientific polymath. Any field of science that he dedicated his life to, would be advanced a decade or so by his contribution. However this has little use on a day to day basis as this is skill in long term research and development rather than practical matters most of the time. His speciality and most frequent obsession is genetic engineering, particularly that of the Blodgott family.

He is also qualified as a doctor, probably his only practical skill outside of research. While technically not licensed he is fully capable of taking care of most forms of medical treatment including surgery.

He is also gifted as an artist, thanks to the creativity and imagination of a master. He works in paint or sketches in charcoal or pencil. This is purely a hobby for him however and none of his work has ever been shown to the public.

Strengths: Genius.
Hyperaware and vigilant.
Excellent reflexes.

Weaknesses: Paranoid.
Forgets about trivial matters like eating, drinking, sleeping or other minor life-necessities.
Poor interpersonal skills.

Hard Limits: These are listed on my On/Off page.

Fantastic, Caehlim! Truly!
Character approved and slot marked reserved.

Quote from: rotburn on August 23, 2015, 09:06:47 AM
Alight Roen.
It was inevitable that I came over to check out your own thread starting up. Have to say, it's quite delicious! *waggles eyebrows*
Anyone begging for a sadistic but fair father figure?

*raises hand enthusiastically*

Love to have ya, Rotburn!
Seems like we're gonna have a full group!

Funniest thing just happened, by the way. After posting the approval for Caehl's CS I saw your post just above mine and panicked thinking I somehow managed to post in the wrong thread (Rotburn and I are also about to play in another game that's still recruiting on this board) so I deleted my post and realized my mistake just a moment later, having to type it all over again, on the mobile no less :P

Serious brain fart just there xD

-Nathan Alterman.

rotburn

*Bawahaha! By the way, I did catch you putting 'Raven' in there. No worries, we both start with 'R'.  ;)

Sorry for all the confusion. I suppose I have that affect.  >:)

As for the face claim for the father, he'll need to be an older genleman correct.
Timothy Dalton?
George Clooney?

What were you all picturing?

Roen

Not to be greedy but someone a bit... Younger-looking than those two?  ::)
I'd like a good-looking-appetizing father, please!

Also, sorry for the Raven mixup, got flabbergasted over the post deletion xD

-Nathan Alterman.

rotburn

Sounds like I need to do a bit of research on hot levels... what about these blokes?

Timothy Downey

Gerard Butler

Gilius Marini

Caehlim

If I can make a possible suggestion how about

Stephen Ritz (some NSFW)

This is purely a suggestion to meet both the apparent age and hotness quotient with a compromise candidate.

Roen

Another option would be Nathan Fillion :P

Haha, in one game I'm suggesting you use the faceclaim of a 44 year old for a 27 year old character, and here a faceclaim of a 44 year old for a 50~ year old character :P

-Nathan Alterman.

rotburn

Quote from: Caehlim on August 23, 2015, 09:54:52 AM
If I can make a possible suggestion how about

Stephen Ritz (some NSFW)

This is purely a suggestion to meet both the apparent age and hotness quotient with a compromise candidate.

See I tried throwing it into that age group and I was told: too old v_v lol
But seriously... *slobbers* nice choice

Roen

Either of the suggested faceclaims would be great, and as I've said before- you should go with the choice that works for you, it's your character :D

-Nathan Alterman.

rotburn

Well... this is the kind of person I am...
This one's for you Roen
(Inside joke included)
Dark/Sadistic/Leader/Monster/Father?

Roen

Quote from: rotburn on August 23, 2015, 10:11:14 AM
Well... this is the kind of person I am...
This one's for you Roen
(Inside joke included)
Dark/Sadistic/Leader/Monster/Father?

Oh god...

Guys...
We're screwed o.0

-Nathan Alterman.

rotburn

Well then... no one else is about and I'm in the mood for making this profile. So with the GM's acceptance I'm rolling with Mads Mikkelsen and dishing out punishments to very naughty sons.

Orange Marmalade

He doesn't register at all on my personal hot-o-meter but he certainly fits that description and role!

rotburn

Quote from: Orange Marmalade on August 23, 2015, 10:29:02 AM
He doesn't register at all on my personal hot-o-meter but he certainly fits that description and role!

Ack, I have a thing for fictional serial killers. Sorry :P

Orange Marmalade

Hah nothing to be sorry about at all :) nothing says all the chars have to be interested in all the others. Sall good!

Roen

I've always considered Mikkelsen to be extremely hot, bloody murderer and all :P On some episodes I couldn't even eat it was so sickening and I still found him highly doable :P

I'm not a fan of vore, neither am I of gore, I watched the show for the writing (and because I hoped they would introduce Starling at some point), he's no Hopkins, but he was damn good.

-Nathan Alterman.

Vael the Destroyer

I hate to do this, but for right now I'm going to have to drop my interest in this game and open up the Heir if someone else comes along and wants to take it. I'be just been in a weird headspace as of late and should really focus on what I've got instead of taking more on.

With that said, if I do feel like I have the free time I'd be more than willing to come back and express my interest in possibly playing a character outside of the family if the Heir has been taken by then.

Good luck to you all, and you know where to find me if you wish to! :)

- Symphony

Roen

I'm sorry to hear that, man,
Wish there was something I could do to change your mind.

Let me know if so.

In the meantime, the First Born- Heir slot is up for grabs!

-Nathan Alterman.

Lockepick

My application probably won't come out until tomorrow. I'm trying to decide if I want him to be a televangelist that aims for the 'lowest common denominator' or go into the more official church and be a Cardinal or something. Either way, he's going to actually be an Atheist who just plays the role.

Either way, I think I'll have him also running a 'Hellfire Club' type thing to draw in other powerful assets. That should let me get most of my cult ritual type stuff out of my system.

Also: I know there was a lot of talk about pictures -- does the reference I originally posted for my guy work? Between his apparent age and the fact that there isn't a real face claim name for him?

rotburn

Quote from: lockepick on August 23, 2015, 12:46:44 PM
Either way, I think I'll have him also running a 'Hellfire Club' type thing to draw in other powerful assets. That should let me get most of my cult ritual type stuff out of my system.

Simply wicked. I adore ritualism and cultish themes.

Orange Marmalade

Posting up the 2nd Son - I'm still going to clean him up a bit when I'm not 100% sleep deprived, but here he is

Name: Donovan Zane Blutgott

Age: 27ish (depending on how old our heir ends up being)

Family Station:  Second Born

Sexual Orientation: Bisexual

Appearance Adjustments: Lightly furred chest and legs

Faceclaim: Henry Cavill

Place of Living: Donovan has space in every family estate, though his favorite is the main estate which is the most familiar and most secure. He has additional backup places in most major cities as well.

Bio: Like the rest of his brothers, Donovan’s family role was set into motion before he was even born. His genetics were heavily modified and guided to create a protector for the family - someone of nearly perfect body, enhanced beyond normal human limits in almost every way imaginable. He developed quickly, growing into his prime a little faster than was normal. As was normal for his family he was mostly schooled at home by tutors and extended family members, focusing on things useful to him and his role: Politics, security, geography, subterfuge, strategy and a variety of self defense.

Social and professional connections are a necessary part of life, however, so for high school it was time for him to join the ranks of the ‘normal’ people, or at least the normal people at elite private high schools. He attended a fairly large East Coast academy where he quickly made a name for himself. While there he met the sons of other influential families, joined (and captained) the major sports teams, and took several student government positions over his time there. In addition to some basic community service and perfect grades (classes were easy after his family’s tutoring), he was a prime candidate for West Point military academy.

His time there kept him away from his family for several years, though he was able to graduate a little earlier than normal with a degree in Information Technology. While there he continued to make connections for himself and his family, some of the nation’s most powerful politicians made sure their children attended the prestigious military academy and Donovan made sure to do his duty.

Upon graduation he began his requisite military service, spending four years in active duty. Half of that time was spent training with the Marine Air-Ground Task Force Reconnaissance and special ops as a new commissioned officer. He rose quickly through the ranks due to both his family’s political sway and his performance, and only just recently has returned home as a newly promoted Major which coincided with a transition to a Washington DC based political liaison role. This allows him to spend more time at home and with the family as well as time to build more political connections for his family.

Donovan has perhaps, due to the requirements of active duty military, spent the most time away from his family than the others. He was there when possible between deployments and he feels there’s a lot of lost time to make up, both in terms of relationships with his family as well as his role as ensuring their family is secure at all times.

Goals: Donovan’s goal to maintain the security of the family, its power, and lineage by whatever means necessary.

Personality: Donovan is a mix between a James Bond-esque special agent and the Marines he spent so many years with. He’s charming, sophisticated, and well groomed but also has a bit of a potty mouth and enjoys a bit of rough housing and having fun. When necessary he is 100% serious, but when he is ‘off the clock’ he’s far more relaxed and often looking for ways to expel the excess energy his genetically enhanced physicality produces.

Kadan Requirements: This is something that, even now, Donovan is still trying to figure out. At the moment he simply wants a younger brother.

Skill Set: Donovan was created for a purpose - security and military political sway. His time as an active duty armed forces member honed his skills to extraordinary level, and his training as an officer both at the academy and at home  have made him cunning, strategic, and hard to surprise. He’s exceptionally good at reading both a room’s situation along with body language. One should also most likely not challenge him to a game of chess.

Beyond that, his degree in Information Technology allows his family security duties to extend into the cyber realm.

Strengths: Physicality (obviously), Cunning, Determined
Weaknesses: Overprotective (though not above knocking heads around when brothers get out of hand), vengeful (revenge is a dish best served cold and all that), and…. ;)

Hard Limits: Mostly in my ons/offs. No bathroom or blood play, most anything else potentially open.

Roen

My application probably won't come out until tomorrow. I'm trying to decide if I want him to be a televangelist that aims for the 'lowest common denominator' or go into the more official church and be a Cardinal or something. Either way, he's going to actually be an Atheist who just plays the role.

Alrighty, go right ahead, sorry for shutting down the fantasy-related ideas, for now I'm keeping this game realistic, but once we get a full group, we'll see how many of us are interested in something a little more occult-related. Does that sound reasonable to everyone?

Also: I know there was a lot of talk about pictures -- does the reference I originally posted for my guy work? Between his apparent age and the fact that there isn't a real face claim name for him?
It works, no worries.

-Nathan Alterman.

rotburn

Quote from: Roen on August 23, 2015, 01:42:56 PM
Alrighty, go right ahead, sorry for shutting down the fantasy-related ideas, for now I'm keeping this game realistic, but once we get a full group, we'll see how many of us are interested in something a little more occult-related. Does that sound reasonable to everyone?
It works, no worries.

Sounds good to me. Wouldn't mind a bit of fantasy or supernatural stuff. Up for it all.

Lockepick

Quote from: Roen on August 23, 2015, 01:42:56 PM

No apologies necessary! I was just feeling out what my options were. It had just never dawned on me that the Priest would be Catholic, even if it makes total sense in hind sight.  I think I was struggling to wrap my head around Genetically Engineered Gay Incest + Modern Church, which is why I was sort of feeling things out. I'm still excited to make it work, and I think I can get most of my occult-related stuff out in my little side Hellfire Club anyway. If we want to bring more of that into the family, I certainly wouldn't stop it.

@Rotburn: I admit, I'm with OM and not super attracted to that face claim. I'm sort of an old school, preferring the more Gerard Butler type. I'm happy to work with whatever of course, but well, just figured you were polling for opinions so I'd give mine!

rotburn

Gerard Butler it is then...
I don't want to ruin the vibe or have several 'offs' with the groups vote. I'll keep Mads Mikk. as a backup for later.
I'm going to be tweaking his profile, this character I feel is a bit less darker, somewhat laidback, and possibly more family orientated -(focused on his sons and their futures)

Roen

Quote from: rotburn on August 23, 2015, 03:33:40 PM
Gerard Butler it is then...
I don't want to ruin the vibe or have several 'offs' with the groups vote. I'll keep Mads Mikk. as a backup for later.
I'm going to be tweaking his profile, this character I feel is a bit less darker, somewhat laidback, and possibly more family orientated -(focused on his sons and their futures)

I've said it in the PM and I'll say it again, you don't have to change your faceclaim, Rotburn. The fact that you're willing to do that for some of the players' sake is very kind of you.

Now, even adhering to the voice of the people doesn't mean you have to go with the popular vote. There are many other good options you've suggested. I remember you liking Caehlim's suggestion? If you prefer any of the others, go with your guts.

-Nathan Alterman.

rotburn

Roen

Me too, Rotburn.

However I fear that without a first born we simply cannot move on to the next stage. This is becoming a problem, hmf.

-Nathan Alterman.

rotburn

Well, you're the GM. If you held down the position until someone came along that'd work... or everyone can wait another day for another person :P

Orange Marmalade

We could always start some plotting, or have the first born a bit indisposed and vague to start.

I think it's the nature of group games that people drop in and out at weird times. We should figure out how we'd adapt when that happens :)

Roen

Quote from: Orange Marmalade on August 23, 2015, 05:07:58 PM
We could always start some plotting, or have the first born a bit indisposed and vague to start.

I think it's the nature of group games that people drop in and out at weird times. We should figure out how we'd adapt when that happens :)

Right you are. The both of you.

I'll give it another couple of days (because tommorow is a busy one, and then we can start discussing it on the OOC :P

-Nathan Alterman.

Roen

Donovan Blutgott
Quote from: Orange Marmalade on August 23, 2015, 01:28:58 PM
Posting up the 2nd Son - I'm still going to clean him up a bit when I'm not 100% sleep deprived, but here he is

Name: Donovan Zane Blutgott

Age: 27ish (depending on how old our heir ends up being)

Family Station:  Second Born

Appearance Adjustments: Lightly furred chest and legs

Faceclaim: Henry Cavill

Place of Living: Donovan has space in every family estate, though his favorite is the main estate which is the most familiar and most secure. He has additional backup places in most major cities as well.

Bio: Like the rest of his brothers, Donovan’s family role was set into motion before he was even born. His genetics were heavily modified and guided to create a protector for the family - someone of nearly perfect body, enhanced beyond normal human limits in almost every way imaginable. He developed quickly, growing into his prime a little faster than was normal. As was normal for his family he was mostly schooled at home by tutors and extended family members, focusing on things useful to him and his role: Politics, security, geography, subterfuge, strategy and a variety of self defense.

Social and professional connections are a necessary part of life, however, so for high school it was time for him to join the ranks of the ‘normal’ people, or at least the normal people at elite private high schools. He attended a fairly large East Coast academy where he quickly made a name for himself. While there he met the sons of other influential families, joined (and captained) the major sports teams, and took several student government positions over his time there. In addition to some basic community service and perfect grades (classes were easy after his family’s tutoring), he was a prime candidate for West Point military academy.

His time there kept him away from his family for several years, though he was able to graduate a little earlier than normal with a degree in Information Technology. While there he continued to make connections for himself and his family, some of the nation’s most powerful politicians made sure their children attended the prestigious military academy and Donovan made sure to do his duty.

Upon graduation he began his requisite military service, spending four years in active duty. Half of that time was spent training with the Marine Air-Ground Task Force Reconnaissance and special ops as a new commissioned officer. He rose quickly through the ranks due to both his family’s political sway and his performance, and only just recently has returned home as a newly promoted Major which coincided with a transition to a Washington DC based political liaison role. This allows him to spend more time at home and with the family as well as time to build more political connections for his family.

Donovan has perhaps, due to the requirements of active duty military, spent the most time away from his family than the others. He was there when possible between deployments and he feels there’s a lot of lost time to make up, both in terms of relationships with his family as well as his role as ensuring their family is secure at all times.

Goals: Donovan’s goal to maintain the security of the family, its power, and lineage by whatever means necessary.

Personality: Donovan is a mix between a James Bond-esque special agent and the Marines he spent so many years with. He’s charming, sophisticated, and well groomed but also has a bit of a potty mouth and enjoys a bit of rough housing and having fun. When necessary he is 100% serious, but when he is ‘off the clock’ he’s far more relaxed and often looking for ways to expel the excess energy his genetically enhanced physicality produces.

Kadan Requirements: This is something that, even now, Donovan is still trying to figure out. At the moment he simply wants a younger brother.

Skill Set: Donovan was created for a purpose - security and military political sway. His time as an active duty armed forces member honed his skills to extraordinary level, and his training as an officer both at the academy and at home  have made him cunning, strategic, and hard to surprise. He’s exceptionally good at reading both a room’s situation along with body language. One should also most likely not challenge him to a game of chess.

Beyond that, his degree in Information Technology allows his family security duties to extend into the cyber realm.

Strengths: Physicality (obviously), Cunning, Determined
Weaknesses: Overprotective (though not above knocking heads around when brothers get out of hand), vengeful (revenge is a dish best served cold and all that), and…. ;)

Hard Limits: Mostly in my ons/offs. No bathroom or blood play, most anything else potentially open.

Great job, OM!
I can tell right now he's going to be a popular one :P

Character approved, slot reserved.

-Nathan Alterman.

Orange Marmalade

Woohoo! Now we just need to pin someone down for the heir.

Someone wants to be pinned down, right? Right?!

Roen

Quote from: Orange Marmalade on August 24, 2015, 01:29:00 PM
Woohoo! Now we just need to pin someone down for the heir.

Someone wants to be pinned down, right? Right?!
*raises hand*

Hopefully we'll find a first born soon.

-Nathan Alterman.

Roen

Currently waiting on Locke and Rotburn's character sheets befire I can make the OOC thread.

-Nathan Alterman.

rotburn

<_< I'll have mine done today and sent to you for finalization.

rotburn

If the 2nd son is 27, then I'm guessing that the 1st son will be 28-30ish. If the father was created the next generation Head of Family and started having kids before that point, say like early twenties, then that will put him right aroung age 50.
Thoughts?

Roen

Quote from: rotburn on August 25, 2015, 08:58:28 AM
If the 2nd son is 27, then I'm guessing that the 1st son will be 28-30ish. If the father was created the next generation Head of Family and started having kids before that point, say like early twenties, then that will put him right aroung age 50.
Thoughts?

Seems just about right.

-Nathan Alterman.

Lockepick

Lockepick

Name: John Netzach Blutgott

Family Station: Third Born - The Priest.

Sexual Orientation: Homosexual

Appearance Adjustments: Striking blue/grey eyes

Faceclaim: Body is Dustin Bronson

Place of Living: He's more than happy to spend time in the family's main estate. He has a private home in London, England that in an old, re-purposed church.

Bio: John was designed as the Third Born, designed to lead, inspire, and motivate the masses. Like all of the Blutgott children, he was informed of his role from a young age. His family exposed him to many faiths and religions while reminding him which people he would be leading. They raised a well informed boy, but that, combined with his genetic disposition and tactics to lead and manipulate lead to an Atheist. It was something he knew he had to keep hidden to do his job, and he was good enough at faking to play the role of the good Catholic.

Typically, a Third-Born Son would rise above and beyond the rank of Priest; previous Third-Born Sons holding positions as Archbishops and Bishops. John's distance from faith allowed him the freedom to find the most effective route to control, instead of following the most obvious one through the Catholic hierarchy. He believed that only the ignorant still obeyed the Church to a level that he needed for control, so he aimed for that 'lowest common denominator.' At even a young age, he took to a more 'grassroots' approach to gathering his flock. He traveled as a combination motivational speaker and preacher. His reputation and flock grew to where he could fill whole stadiums of people waiting to hear him. That continued to grow, where now he works as a well-known televangelist, his sermons being half talk show and half mass. Even those who would criticize the modernization of his 'altar' tend to fall under the sway of the deeper lessons.

John wasn't happy with just the 'lower' end of faith. There was certainly merit over controlling the wealthy and powerful of the world who were beyond the parlor tricks and pleasantries that enraptured his audience. Over the last few years, he has established a secret society: 'Gleipnir's Ashes', referring to the fetters that held the wolf Fenrir in place. John took practices akin to ancient fraternal organizations, such as Free Masons or old Hellfire Societies, and placed a Nordic twist on it. The cult worshiped ideals of having and utilizing strength, in growing through tribulation, and in personal power. Even those who didn't aspire to the philosophies at first would still be entranced by the decadent rituals and celebrations that came along with them. Blood, sex, drugs, and backroom deals that shaped the world would happen at these meetings, and John became a combination 'life coach' and high priest for his 'Pack' -- leading under the name 'Garmr.'

Goals: His main goal(s) is to grow his two cults. The 'lower' cult, where he works as a televangelist, would be grown by increasing the range of his followers or his general reputation. The 'higher' cult, where he acts as a High Priest, would be grown by adding more influential people into the 'Pack.'

Personality: John is motivated by stimuli more than emotion, even if he can almost always display the proper emotional mask to match the motivation. He is ruled by creature comforts most of all, though a twisted sense of humor and his own ego certainly make close seconds. In social engagements that he isn't specifically leading, he distinctly tries not to be the center of attention. He prefers to work the few important people at the event and have them talking about him, instead of making a scene. In situations where he is uninformed on how to act or what to expect, he defaults to a technique of 'mirror matching' his target; mimicking the other person's posture and tone to make them feel more comfortable and at ease.

Kadan Requirements:
- 'Open In Case of Death': The main reason John uses the Kadan as a confidant is not for confession or for relief -- it's so that if anything happens to him, his blackmail will get released. Everybody that John has dirt on is told to the Kadan in confidence, and he has orders to distribute the information in his death or on his command. There is a certain loophole that in death, he no longer has that power, but it works enough as a threat.
- Sounding Board: John uses the Kadan to critique himself. His facade of emotions works because he maintains it, and the Kadan helps with that. He'll use time alone to discuss actions taken and motivations, trusting the Kadan to be honest about what did or didn't make sense, or what might have been perhaps too cruel. Consulting with the Kadan is the touch-ups and paint jobs to maintain his own humanity.
- Dom/Top: John's not above using the Kadan for sex. He's expressed that he wants the Kadan to do it because he's enjoying it, and not because it's a command. The Catch-22 is that he's too perceptive to give into the 'fantasy' of the Kadan playing a part for him.

Skill Set: Communication; Both on a interpersonal and public speaking standpoint. The Third Born is supposed to inspire and lead. He's good at reading and anticipating people's needs and wants, picking up small ticks or details about their dress, mannerisms, or personality in order to read further into them. He's well versed in a large variety of languages, including being able to read many 'dead' languages for purposes of holy texts. 

Strengths:
- Charming: John is magnetic and appealing. He can quickly get people smiling, laughing, and most importantly: talking. When John wants something, he can manipulate those around him into doing what he want, or exchanging what he wants, and they leave thinking it was their brilliant idea. His Brothers are more wise to his tricks than others.
- Perceptive: John can see the small details about a person's life in how they move and dress, and he can use that information to further other goals. He can sense the small changes when somebody's mood changes, or even when they lie, and use that to manipulate. All of his senses are at peak levels.
- Inspiring: John can stir emotions to drive the masses towards goals. He can help people find that inner strength of will, whether it's to run a marathon, stop smoking, or take a life.
Weaknesses:
- Detached: In an attempt to keep John from being a sniveling doormat due to his heightened empathy, he was designed to be able to sense and emulate emotions, but not let them control him. This has made him unable to genuinely feel most emotions, making decisions more based on logic or physical stimuli.
- Addictive Personality: His attachment to sensations more than emotions makes him vulnerable to mental/physical addiction.
- God Complex: Genetic engineering makes him better than most. At worst, it's an extreme annoyance with those 'lesser'; at best, it's a need to be the shepherd and take care of those who simply can't take care of themselves.

Hard Limits: Scat, Vomit, Extended Torture, Gore.

Roen

John Blutgott
Quote from: lockepick on August 25, 2015, 11:34:09 AM
Name: John Netzach Blutgott

Family Station: Third Born - The Priest.

Sexual Orientation: Homosexual

Appearance Adjustments: Striking blue/grey eyes

Faceclaim: Body is Dustin Bronson

Place of Living: He's more than happy to spend time in the family's main estate. He has a private home in London, England that in an old, re-purposed church.

Bio: John was designed as the Third Born, designed to lead, inspire, and motivate the masses. Like all of the Blutgott children, he was informed of his role from a young age. His family exposed him to many faiths and religions while reminding him which people he would be leading. They raised a well informed boy, but that, combined with his genetic disposition and tactics to lead and manipulate lead to an Atheist. It was something he knew he had to keep hidden to do his job, and he was good enough at faking to play the role of the good Catholic.

Typically, a Third-Born Son would rise above and beyond the rank of Priest; previous Third-Born Sons holding positions as Archbishops and Bishops. John's distance from faith allowed him the freedom to find the most effective route to control, instead of following the most obvious one through the Catholic hierarchy. He believed that only the ignorant still obeyed the Church to a level that he needed for control, so he aimed for that 'lowest common denominator.' At even a young age, he took to a more 'grassroots' approach to gathering his flock. He traveled as a combination motivational speaker and preacher. His reputation and flock grew to where he could fill whole stadiums of people waiting to hear him. That continued to grow, where now he works as a well-known televangelist, his sermons being half talk show and half mass. Even those who would criticize the modernization of his 'altar' tend to fall under the sway of the deeper lessons.

John wasn't happy with just the 'lower' end of faith. There was certainly merit over controlling the wealthy and powerful of the world who were beyond the parlor tricks and pleasantries that enraptured his audience. Over the last few years, he has established a secret society: 'Gleipnir's Ashes', referring to the fetters that held the wolf Fenrir in place. John took practices akin to ancient fraternal organizations, such as Free Masons or old Hellfire Societies, and placed a Nordic twist on it. The cult worshiped ideals of having and utilizing strength, in growing through tribulation, and in personal power. Even those who didn't aspire to the philosophies at first would still be entranced by the decadent rituals and celebrations that came along with them. Blood, sex, drugs, and backroom deals that shaped the world would happen at these meetings, and John became a combination 'life coach' and high priest for his 'Pack' -- leading under the name 'Garmr.'

Goals: His main goal(s) is to grow his two cults. The 'lower' cult, where he works as a televangelist, would be grown by increasing the range of his followers or his general reputation. The 'higher' cult, where he acts as a High Priest, would be grown by adding more influential people into the 'Pack.'

Personality: John is motivated by stimuli more than emotion, even if he can almost always display the proper emotional mask to match the motivation. He is ruled by creature comforts most of all, though a twisted sense of humor and his own ego certainly make close seconds. In social engagements that he isn't specifically leading, he distinctly tries not to be the center of attention. He prefers to work the few important people at the event and have them talking about him, instead of making a scene. In situations where he is uninformed on how to act or what to expect, he defaults to a technique of 'mirror matching' his target; mimicking the other person's posture and tone to make them feel more comfortable and at ease.

Kadan Requirements:
- 'Open In Case of Death': The main reason John uses the Kadan as a confidant is not for confession or for relief -- it's so that if anything happens to him, his blackmail will get released. Everybody that John has dirt on is told to the Kadan in confidence, and he has orders to distribute the information in his death or on his command. There is a certain loophole that in death, he no longer has that power, but it works enough as a threat.
- Sounding Board: John uses the Kadan to critique himself. His facade of emotions works because he maintains it, and the Kadan helps with that. He'll use time alone to discuss actions taken and motivations, trusting the Kadan to be honest about what did or didn't make sense, or what might have been perhaps too cruel. Consulting with the Kadan is the touch-ups and paint jobs to maintain his own humanity.
- Dom/Top: John's not above using the Kadan for sex. He's expressed that he wants the Kadan to do it because he's enjoying it, and not because it's a command. The Catch-22 is that he's too perceptive to give into the 'fantasy' of the Kadan playing a part for him.

Skill Set: Communication; Both on a interpersonal and public speaking standpoint. The Third Born is supposed to inspire and lead. He's good at reading and anticipating people's needs and wants, picking up small ticks or details about their dress, mannerisms, or personality in order to read further into them. He's well versed in a large variety of languages, including being able to read many 'dead' languages for purposes of holy texts. 

Strengths:
- Charming: John is magnetic and appealing. He can quickly get people smiling, laughing, and most importantly: talking. When John wants something, he can manipulate those around him into doing what he want, or exchanging what he wants, and they leave thinking it was their brilliant idea. His Brothers are more wise to his tricks than others.
- Perceptive: John can see the small details about a person's life in how they move and dress, and he can use that information to further other goals. He can sense the small changes when somebody's mood changes, or even when they lie, and use that to manipulate. All of his senses are at peak levels.
- Inspiring: John can stir emotions to drive the masses towards goals. He can help people find that inner strength of will, whether it's to run a marathon, stop smoking, or take a life.
Weaknesses:
- Detached: In an attempt to keep John from being a sniveling doormat due to his heightened empathy, he was designed to be able to sense and emulate emotions, but not let them control him. This has made him unable to genuinely feel most emotions, making decisions more based on logic or physical stimuli.
- Addictive Personality: His attachment to sensations more than emotions makes him vulnerable to mental/physical addiction.
- God Complex: Genetic engineering makes him better than most. At worst, it's an extreme annoyance with those 'lesser'; at best, it's a need to be the shepherd and take care of those who simply can't take care of themselves.

Hard Limits: Scat, Vomit, Extended Torture, Gore.

Well done, Locke!
Approved and reserved!

So I'm happy to announce that the OOC Thread is up!
Get in there, get chatting, let's start brainstorming and giving this game some more depth!

-Nathan Alterman.

Roen

-Nathan Alterman.

Braioch

I'm also on Discord (like, all the time), so feel free to ask about that if you want

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

rotburn

Lord Blutgott

Name: Jameson Erron Blutgott (Prefers Erron)

Family Station:
Father- Head of Family

Sexual Orientation: Bisexual, leans towards men for lovers

Appearance Adjustments: As seen in pictures

Faceclaim: Gerard Butler

Place of Living: He resides in the family's main estate, but checks up on the other manors to see what his sons are up to.

Bio:
Erron was surprisingly not the first, but the second born from the previous generation.

As the previous Warrior, Erron was raised away from his family and spent most of his time in the walls of a Military Boarding School. His only visitors was his youngest brother and Kadan at the time. Expected to hold the weight of the family's militia doctrine and strict disciplines, Erron found a deep seeded love in his brother. At the time of graduation from Junior College, he entered the Armed Forces and was swiftly accepted into the Officer Training Program. His only response from home had been a letter of approval, but his celebration night was spent in better company with the slow romance between himself and his brother.

The hardest part for Erron was being sent overseas to the Black War as a First Lieutenant. Many of his peers and soldiers were slaughtered as the ranks were cut with every attack. He often sent letters to the Kadan, as the feeling of a foreboding darkness was creeping closer to him. It had been on a convoy that a sudden raid descended down on the company. The Commander's vehicle went up in flames and Erron had to take charge of the remaining troops and get them back safely to Headquarters. Shocked and bloodied, Erron made it back with fourteen others out of sixty only to receive a parcel from back home of even more terrible news.

His elder brother had gone rouge and killed the Kadan.

Devastated, Erron returned home and left the life of the Warrior behind to begin training as the next heir...

Goals: Making sure the family's prospects are in order and that his many sons are brought up with the correct mentality to succeed. Is constantly searching for clues in tracking down his rouge elder brother for justice.

Personality: Stable, hard-working, practical, methodical, and ambitious, never losing sight of his goals regardless of how many obstacles are in the way. Being a militant individual, Erron demands respect from peers, coworkers, and his sons. Lord Blutgott is a down-to-earth traditionalist who may not follow societies rules, but believes that the family rules must be held.

In the estates, Erron is open and warm with his sons. He is understanding and even humorous with them at times. In public though, he keeps a firm and cool attitude towards outsiders. If his children were to act out or make a fool of themselves, Erron believes strongly in mass punishment from his military life. If strangers are to attack the family in any way, Erron will do everything in his power to drag them through the mud, metaphorically and realistically, to enact justice for his clan.

Unlike past Head of the Clan's, Erron is more laid-back and very accepting of his son's decisions. He doesn't mind listening to their thoughts or spending time with them. Many of the other cousins complain that this is because he wasn't the original child in line to take up the mantle of power.

Kadan Requirements: Loyalty.

Erron's feelings toward Adam are double-sided. Where he believes that his youngest son may not be able to hold a flame to his personal love from the last generation, Erron still cares for the younger male and wishes him to have a bountiful life. That means he feels protective of the youth, but also holds him at arms length for the pain of remembering the former Kadan.

He prefers Adam to let down the Kadan mask so that he may distinguish his own son apart from his dead brother and lounge in companionable silence. Other times, when his old haunts return, Erron takes the young male to the sheets with no words needed.

In public, Erron keeps a calculative shield around him and only goes as far as placing a hand on his sons shoulder for support. He expects the male to be able to carry himself with dignity and honor that he too reflects to the press.

Skill Set: Is a voice of reason: Cautious and reasonable, always weighing the pros and cons of any given situation. Is a weapons expert and is proficient with fencing, kick-boxing, and horseback riding. Survival skills in scouting and living off the land. Knows when to deploy his military skills gained in the family businesses to make them flourish.

Strengths: Observant, Fair, and Patient. Reserved individual with powerful inner strength who possesses the innate ability to rise to the top through unflinching conviction and sheer perseverance.

Weaknesses: Haunted, Rigid, and Stern. When his power or authority is compromised, he may make flawed decisions that could cause everything he has worked for to go down in flames in a spectacular way.

Hard Limits:
Character's ONS= Men/Bondage/Toys
Character's In Betweens: Women/Multiple Partners/Voyerism/Hurt-Comfort
Character's OFFS= Disrespect/Torture/Vore/Furries/Scat/Rape

Roen

Quote from: rotburn on August 26, 2015, 12:15:02 AM
Lord Blutgott

Name: Jameson Erron Blutgott (Prefers Erron)

Family Station:
Father- Head of Family

Sexual Orientation: Bisexual, leans towards men for lovers

Appearance Adjustments: As seen in pictures

Faceclaim: Gerard Butler

Place of Living: He resides in the family's main estate, but checks up on the other manors to see what his sons are up to.

Bio:
Erron was surprisingly not the first, but the second born from the previous generation.

As the previous Warrior, Erron was raised away from his family and spent most of his time in the walls of a Military Boarding School. His only visitors was his youngest brother and Kadan at the time. Expected to hold the weight of the family's militia doctrine and strict disciplines, Erron found a deep seeded love in his brother. At the time of graduation from Junior College, he entered the Armed Forces and was swiftly accepted into the Officer Training Program. His only response from home had been a letter of approval, but his celebration night was spent in better company with the slow romance between himself and his brother.

The hardest part for Erron was being sent overseas to the Black War as a First Lieutenant. Many of his peers and soldiers were slaughtered as the ranks were cut with every attack. He often sent letters to the Kadan, as the feeling of a foreboding darkness was creeping closer to him. It had been on a convoy that a sudden raid descended down on the company. The Commander's vehicle went up in flames and Erron had to take charge of the remaining troops and get them back safely to Headquarters. Shocked and bloodied, Erron made it back with fourteen others out of sixty only to receive a parcel from back home of even more terrible news.

His elder brother had gone rouge and killed the Kadan.

Devastated, Erron returned home and left the life of the Warrior behind to begin training as the next heir...

Goals: Making sure the family's prospects are in order and that his many sons are brought up with the correct mentality to succeed. Is constantly searching for clues in tracking down his rouge elder brother for justice.

Personality: Stable, hard-working, practical, methodical, and ambitious, never losing sight of his goals regardless of how many obstacles are in the way. Being a militant individual, Erron demands respect from peers, coworkers, and his sons. Lord Blutgott is a down-to-earth traditionalist who may not follow societies rules, but believes that the family rules must be held.

In the estates, Erron is open and warm with his sons. He is understanding and even humorous with them at times. In public though, he keeps a firm and cool attitude towards outsiders. If his children were to act out or make a fool of themselves, Erron believes strongly in mass punishment from his military life. If strangers are to attack the family in any way, Erron will do everything in his power to drag them through the mud, metaphorically and realistically, to enact justice for his clan.

Unlike past Head of the Clan's, Erron is more laid-back and very accepting of his son's decisions. He doesn't mind listening to their thoughts or spending time with them. Many of the other cousins complain that this is because he wasn't the original child in line to take up the mantle of power.

Kadan Requirements: Loyalty.

Erron's feelings toward Adam are double-sided. Where he believes that his youngest son may not be able to hold a flame to his personal love from the last generation, Erron still cares for the younger male and wishes him to have a bountiful life. That means he feels protective of the youth, but also holds him at arms length for the pain of remembering the former Kadan.

He prefers Adam to let down the Kadan mask so that he may distinguish his own son apart from his dead brother and lounge in companionable silence. Other times, when his old haunts return, Erron takes the young male to the sheets with no words needed.

In public, Erron keeps a calculative shield around him and only goes as far as placing a hand on his sons shoulder for support. He expects the male to be able to carry himself with dignity and honor that he too reflects to the press.

Skill Set: Is a voice of reason: Cautious and reasonable, always weighing the pros and cons of any given situation. Is a weapons expert and is proficient with fencing, kick-boxing, and horseback riding. Survival skills in scouting and living off the land. Knows when to deploy his military skills gained in the family businesses to make them flourish.

Strengths: Observant, Fair, and Patient. Reserved individual with powerful inner strength who possesses the innate ability to rise to the top through unflinching conviction and sheer perseverance.

Weaknesses: Haunted, Rigid, and Stern. When his power or authority is compromised, he may make flawed decisions that could cause everything he has worked for to go down in flames in a spectacular way.

Hard Limits:
Character's ONS= Men/Bondage/Toys
Character's In Betweens: Women/Multiple Partners/Voyerism/Hurt-Comfort
Character's OFFS= Disrespect/Torture/Vore/Furries/Scat/Rape

Approved and reserved, Rotburn! Great CS!

-Nathan Alterman.

rotburn

Quote from: Roen on August 26, 2015, 01:01:43 AM
Approved and reserved, Rotburn! Great CS!

<< ack, I'm blushing!
Thanks, can't wait to start writing.

Orange Marmalade

Braioch

Adrian Cedric Blutgott

Name: Adrian Cedric Blutgott

Family Station: First Born (aka the Heir)

Appearance Adjustments: Grey/Blue eyes, (and because I love them) a treasure trail running down from chest hair to groin (bit more chest hair too to make that not look too wonky)

Faceclaim: Adam Cowie

Place of Living: Technically lives in his own penthouse, filled with all the furnishings and trappings that suit his taste and whims. In reality he is more often found out and about, at the manor, taking care of business, or visiting his siblings than he actually is home.

Bio: From the very beginning, Adrian knew exactly what was expected of him with regards to his role and his future place upon the family 'throne.' Being literally bred to this, he took to the mantle of Heir with both vigor and dedication. Though his father found in his eldest an emotionally distant and oft times cold child, there was no question of his loyalty to the family as it existed and to the future generations of the family. Plus, for the warmth of father and son bonding, there was always his brothers for such a role.

From a young age, he determined his course and set himself to it, making changes along the way as the situation dictated. He proved highly intelligent and perceptive and while strong of will, showe little reticience in bowing before his father's authority. If anything, he was pleased to sit at the man's feet and drink in the experience of witnessing business deals, political manuevering and other assorted activities.

His studies were broad and often times self initiated, throwing himself into a myriad of subjects, utilizing the resources of the family to guarantee that every teacher he had on each subject could give him the absolute best. Languages, history, economics, civics, psychology, sociology, he tore through books, papers, studies, classes, tests, anything and everything that he could. To keep himself focused and dedicated, he took to activites that involved complete involvement of his mind and body, fencing, dedicated martial arts, skydiving, scuba diving, hiking and wall climbing, anything that involved keeping himself focused and calm. (The cathartic virtue of sex was one he, discreetely, enjoyed as well)

With regards to the family, he always kept an eye on his younger sibling, though not as closely as they aged and he grew more and more busy expanding his experience and knowledge. He never wavered on making sure that their needs and security were met and exceeded when need be, as was his duty to the family while their father did his own for the whole of the family. This isn't to say that he's utterly permissive of them, being the eldest has given him the authority of the Heir and he has wielded it on more than one occasion. He takes to his duty of caring for and guiding his younger siblings with as much dedication and vigor as he has taken to every other duty.

In the current day, he still maintains a watch over his siblings, some more than others. Donovan the least as they both seem to have a steady mutual understanding of shared goals. Beorn next if only because Adrian is worried about the man's mental state, which while controlled and kept from the world at large, could become problematic. John tied with Adam (who'll be addressed in the Kadan section) because Adrian is highly disapproving of what he feels is the man's selfish and self-fulfilling behavior that does little more than feed his own ego and serve the family very little.

He continues to hone his mind, continuing his education via the mean's of well paid private teachers and online classes. Now having reached 30, more and more of the responsibility that will one day be solely his is coming more and more into his hands. He finds himself dealing much with the big wigs of the country on a frequent and sometimes, daily basis. By all accounts, he his poised to take their father's position, whenever that might be.

Goals: Above all else is the preservation and continue flourishing of the family. This is why he keeps good ties with Donovan, supports (albeit warily) Beorn's efforts and keeps an eye on John. Nothing comes before the family, and every effort, both above and below sight is made for that very purpose.

Currently has no aims for the 'throne,' their father is still proving to not only be an apt patriarch, but as far still has things to teach Adrian. For the time being, Adrian is content to be the willing and adept pupil.

And a word from our Heir...
"It's not merely about the preservation of the past, though it is true that we should honor and respect the efforts and successes of our predecessars. Nor is it just about guarding the hearth and home in the present, though to be sure, the family as it exists should know its comforts and its protections. It is also about guarding those who will come after us, as our fathers did before us, so should we be the active guardians of this family, past, present and future. It's about the dynasty that must persevere throughout the ages.

Nothing is more important than that, nothing."

Personality: Your everyday man and woman would refer to him as stuck up and cold. Politicians and businessmen would refer to him as a straight shooter, as sharp and quick as a knife, with an excellent head for business and 'the game.' His family and very few, old friends, are the only ones who have a much better glimpse into the personality of the eldest of the Blutgott's rising generation.

It's very much true that he can be very cold, or at the very least, cool, with most people. His speech, while eloquent and intelligent, is as concise as it is (seemingly) honest. His bearing exudes utter confidence and authority, some would say arrogant and domineering. He can smoothly and comfortably transisition from being the center of attention, comfortable with talking about a myriad of subjects, brokering deals, finagling details, etc, and just as comfortable sitting back and watching the room. He lacks the charm and immediately likeability of his siblings, but you wouldn't be hardpressed to find people who speak highly of him.

With his family, he's less reserved, a bit less like a glacier. No one would call him warm, but he will spend and enjoy time with his siblings, taking time with each if they wish it. He makes sure they are taken care of and always makes sure that, at the very least, all the siblings have a day or evening now and then to spend with one another. And it's only his family that is fully aware of the fact that the glacier hides a viper, having witnessed the deadly edge to his anger when it lashes out, though it's yet to be used on a family member, not that he's any less dangerous when calm. He gained his fathers cautious manner, but there is a sharp decisiveness in him that has ended a potential threat to the family long before it became a problem.

Kadan Requirements: For Adam, he requires only that the youngest brother stay true to the role that he was assigned to from birth.

Adam in public with Adrian is meant to be the more personable and likeable personality, and his presence does tend to ease Adrian. As brothers in private, he demands nothing from Adam, letting his youngest brother say and do whatever feels comfortable to him as a person. In the bedroom, Adrian's tastes vary a little, though he always remains the dominant half of the coupling, though Adam is expected to know how much fight Adrian does or does not want at each meeting.

The role that is used least by Adam for Adrian is that of a confidant. He is notably silent when it comes to more private matters of a personal nature. Adrian understands the Kadan's role and uses it for minor things, but practically speaking, he cannot abide the idea of telling his secrets to a man whose eyes and ears already see much, and who spends his time around many of the others. His private nature comes into play even in the presence of the Kadan, it doesn't help that Adrian is aware to some degree, that Kadan's are trained to read emotional states and body language and change themselves accordingly, and the chameleon of the room is the one the wise man watches.

Skill Set: Fluent in German, Russian, Japanese, Arabic, and Mandarin.
Educated and has degrees in, Economics, Psychology, Sociology, Political Science and American History.
His practical education has left him with all of the above and then some. His business and political acumen is phenomenal, he takes the strategy, ability to read and manipulate and cunning of the other brothers and wields it in the boardroom and in the offices and homes of politicians.

Strengths: -Cunning: Between his experience and his knowledge, he is more than capable of reading a situation and twisting it around to the advantage of himself and his family.
-Decisiveness: Authority and command come easy to him and people naturally respond to it. He can be trusted to be the man with the plan, and the plan that follows that one. He is in control and he knows what he's doing.
-Patient/Careful: As much as he isn't afraid to make a decision, he knows the virtue of the waiting game. In the time spent watching and waiting, he is able to come up with strategies galore, or simply wait until the ideal moment to strike.
Weaknesses: -Cold: Emotional coldness exudes from him to varying degrees, from mildly cool to downright glaciel at the caps. He lacks the charm and warmth of his more sociable siblings, and he will favor logic and reason over empathy and emotion.
Vicious: If there was ever a trait that was deadly to have among decisiveness, cunning and patience, it's viciousness. He's not sadistic, but he will gladly cut someone down or out, often times in a harsh or cruel manner, if that is what needs to be done.
Vengeful: A wrong done to he or his family is a wrong that is met with greater force. Machiavelli has nothing on Adrian when it comes to the sheer hell that he will wreak on those who stand against him or his family.

Hard Limits: O/O's for that
I'm also on Discord (like, all the time), so feel free to ask about that if you want

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Roen

Quote from: Braioch on August 26, 2015, 03:48:59 AM
Adrian Cedric Blutgott

Name: Adrian Cedric Blutgott

Family Station: First Born (aka the Heir)

Appearance Adjustments: Grey/Blue eyes, (and because I love them) a treasure trail running down from chest hair to groin (bit more chest hair too to make that not look too wonky)

Faceclaim: Adam Cowie

Place of Living: Technically lives in his own penthouse, filled with all the furnishings and trappings that suit his taste and whims. In reality he is more often found out and about, at the manor, taking care of business, or visiting his siblings than he actually is home.

Bio: From the very beginning, Adrian knew exactly what was expected of him with regards to his role and his future place upon the family 'throne.' Being literally bred to this, he took to the mantle of Heir with both vigor and dedication. Though his father found in his eldest an emotionally distant and oft times cold child, there was no question of his loyalty to the family as it existed and to the future generations of the family. Plus, for the warmth of father and son bonding, there was always his brothers for such a role.

From a young age, he determined his course and set himself to it, making changes along the way as the situation dictated. He proved highly intelligent and perceptive and while strong of will, showe little reticience in bowing before his father's authority. If anything, he was pleased to sit at the man's feet and drink in the experience of witnessing business deals, political manuevering and other assorted activities.

His studies were broad and often times self initiated, throwing himself into a myriad of subjects, utilizing the resources of the family to guarantee that every teacher he had on each subject could give him the absolute best. Languages, history, economics, civics, psychology, sociology, he tore through books, papers, studies, classes, tests, anything and everything that he could. To keep himself focused and dedicated, he took to activites that involved complete involvement of his mind and body, fencing, dedicated martial arts, skydiving, scuba diving, hiking and wall climbing, anything that involved keeping himself focused and calm. (The cathartic virtue of sex was one he, discreetely, enjoyed as well)

With regards to the family, he always kept an eye on his younger sibling, though not as closely as they aged and he grew more and more busy expanding his experience and knowledge. He never wavered on making sure that their needs and security were met and exceeded when need be, as was his duty to the family while their father did his own for the whole of the family. This isn't to say that he's utterly permissive of them, being the eldest has given him the authority of the Heir and he has wielded it on more than one occasion. He takes to his duty of caring for and guiding his younger siblings with as much dedication and vigor as he has taken to every other duty.

In the current day, he still maintains a watch over his siblings, some more than others. Donovan the least as they both seem to have a steady mutual understanding of shared goals. Beorn next if only because Adrian is worried about the man's mental state, which while controlled and kept from the world at large, could become problematic. John tied with Adam (who'll be addressed in the Kadan section) because Adrian is highly disapproving of what he feels is the man's selfish and self-fulfilling behavior that does little more than feed his own ego and serve the family very little.

He continues to hone his mind, continuing his education via the mean's of well paid private teachers and online classes. Now having reached 30, more and more of the responsibility that will one day be solely his is coming more and more into his hands. He finds himself dealing much with the big wigs of the country on a frequent and sometimes, daily basis. By all accounts, he his poised to take their father's position, whenever that might be.

Goals: Above all else is the preservation and continue flourishing of the family. This is why he keeps good ties with Donovan, supports (albeit warily) Beorn's efforts and keeps an eye on John. Nothing comes before the family, and every effort, both above and below sight is made for that very purpose.

Currently has no aims for the 'throne,' their father is still proving to not only be an apt patriarch, but as far still has things to teach Adrian. For the time being, Adrian is content to be the willing and adept pupil.

And a word from our Heir...
"It's not merely about the preservation of the past, though it is true that we should honor and respect the efforts and successes of our predecessars. Nor is it just about guarding the hearth and home in the present, though to be sure, the family as it exists should know its comforts and its protections. It is also about guarding those who will come after us, as our fathers did before us, so should we be the active guardians of this family, past, present and future. It's about the dynasty that must persevere throughout the ages.

Nothing is more important than that, nothing."

Personality: Your everyday man and woman would refer to him as stuck up and cold. Politicians and businessmen would refer to him as a straight shooter, as sharp and quick as a knife, with an excellent head for business and 'the game.' His family and very few, old friends, are the only ones who have a much better glimpse into the personality of the eldest of the Blutgott's rising generation.

It's very much true that he can be very cold, or at the very least, cool, with most people. His speech, while eloquent and intelligent, is as concise as it is (seemingly) honest. His bearing exudes utter confidence and authority, some would say arrogant and domineering. He can smoothly and comfortably transisition from being the center of attention, comfortable with talking about a myriad of subjects, brokering deals, finagling details, etc, and just as comfortable sitting back and watching the room. He lacks the charm and immediately likeability of his siblings, but you wouldn't be hardpressed to find people who speak highly of him.

With his family, he's less reserved, a bit less like a glacier. No one would call him warm, but he will spend and enjoy time with his siblings, taking time with each if they wish it. He makes sure they are taken care of and always makes sure that, at the very least, all the siblings have a day or evening now and then to spend with one another. And it's only his family that is fully aware of the fact that the glacier hides a viper, having witnessed the deadly edge to his anger when it lashes out, though it's yet to be used on a family member, not that he's any less dangerous when calm. He gained his fathers cautious manner, but there is a sharp decisiveness in him that has ended a potential threat to the family long before it became a problem.

Kadan Requirements: For Adam, he requires only that the youngest brother stay true to the role that he was assigned to from birth.

Adam in public with Adrian is meant to be the more personable and likeable personality, and his presence does tend to ease Adrian. As brothers in private, he demands nothing from Adam, letting his youngest brother say and do whatever feels comfortable to him as a person. In the bedroom, Adrian's tastes vary a little, though he always remains the dominant half of the coupling, though Adam is expected to know how much fight Adrian does or does not want at each meeting.

The role that is used least by Adam for Adrian is that of a confidant. He is notably silent when it comes to more private matters of a personal nature. Adrian understands the Kadan's role and uses it for minor things, but practically speaking, he cannot abide the idea of telling his secrets to a man whose eyes and ears already see much, and who spends his time around many of the others. His private nature comes into play even in the presence of the Kadan, it doesn't help that Adrian is aware to some degree, that Kadan's are trained to read emotional states and body language and change themselves accordingly, and the chameleon of the room is the one the wise man watches.

Skill Set: Fluent in German, Russian, Japanese, Arabic, and Mandarin.
Educated and has degrees in, Economics, Psychology, Sociology, Political Science and American History.
His practical education has left him with all of the above and then some. His business and political acumen is phenomenal, he takes the strategy, ability to read and manipulate and cunning of the other brothers and wields it in the boardroom and in the offices and homes of politicians.

Strengths: -Cunning: Between his experience and his knowledge, he is more than capable of reading a situation and twisting it around to the advantage of himself and his family.
-Decisiveness: Authority and command come easy to him and people naturally respond to it. He can be trusted to be the man with the plan, and the plan that follows that one. He is in control and he knows what he's doing.
-Patient/Careful: As much as he isn't afraid to make a decision, he knows the virtue of the waiting game. In the time spent watching and waiting, he is able to come up with strategies galore, or simply wait until the ideal moment to strike.
Weaknesses: -Cold: Emotional coldness exudes from him to varying degrees, from mildly cool to downright glaciel at the caps. He lacks the charm and warmth of his more sociable siblings, and he will favor logic and reason over empathy and emotion.
Vicious: If there was ever a trait that was deadly to have among decisiveness, cunning and patience, it's viciousness. He's not sadistic, but he will gladly cut someone down or out, often times in a harsh or cruel manner, if that is what needs to be done.
Vengeful: A wrong done to he or his family is a wrong that is met with greater force. Machiavelli has nothing on Adrian when it comes to the sheer hell that he will wreak on those who stand against him or his family.

Hard Limits: O/O's for that

Approved- AND WE'VE GOT A SET, PEOPLE!

-Nathan Alterman.

Orange Marmalade