Moar Naruto D20 (Short Chuunin Exam Campaign)

Started by Inerrant Lust, August 15, 2015, 12:54:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vex

No worries about the delay. I've been pretty distracted of late with more personal concerns, so I was in no hurry anyway. In fact, I might not get to posting for that until tomorrow. My apologies, but I've still got some things to sort out, and I owe at least one lengthy IC post to a different game already.  ^.^;;

I'm also aware I hadn't completely fleshed out Shiori's description either, so I'll get around to that when I post her sheet on the OOC. But let me know if you have any personal questions that you would like to know about her, and I'll be happy to answer those for you as soon as I can.

Inerrant Lust

In the event that Jayna does not return before I run out of material for the other two PCs in the 'putzing about' phase prior to the actual exams... I am willing to entertain another applicant if anyone else is interested.

The putzing about phase will last a week IC, and the cut-off or a third PC to appear would be right about that time, when the first stage of the exam begins proper and the teams that everyone came from are mixed up.

EvilMegaCookie

Hm. I suppose it'd be possible to sorta make this a past event from Emi's life? Or just have this be her chuunin exam in the present. >.<

I'll be trying to finish her background and polish the personality a bit more before applying if possible. :P

If not I will just have to create a new character.

Jeufufns

Zaer Darkwail

Well, we got just one spot for the short chuunin exam game, Lust will decide who get in if you two are quick about making sheets :). Or perhaps form 4 man?

EvilMegaCookie

So I guess it is better to make an entirely new character rather than recycle Emi? :P

EvilMegaCookie

Honestly I would prefer to just recycle Emi since it'd be such a waste to see the hard work you put into making the sheet go to waste. :P

Inerrant Lust

Jeufufns, EvilMegaCookie; Yeah, this is still open, just in case a third player does not return in time for when the game begins proper. Right now all that's going on is the genin arriving at the village.

EvilMegaCookie; You can reuse the idea you had for Emi, but it needs to be ECL 6. Also I'll help you out with any of the crunch as needed. I'm on AIM fairly regularly as MShelleysMonster. Least I should be... I think that's my handle. <_<

If you could repost everything you have on her here or in a Pm or whatnot, I'd like to take a look at it rather than approving as-is, you know? That being said, pregnancy isn't quite one of my biggest ons... not because of anything inherent to it other than the effects it might have on a plot and a character- can't exactly keep adventuring when you've got to raise a child, you know? Also, this came takes place over the course of about two months, tops... Pregnancy could be an angle- but it wouldn't likely actually be played out to completion during this game. Then again, I may very well continue to GM for the group beyond this short campaign, but don't count on it being guaranteed.

EvilMegaCookie

ECL 6?

Also, here are the ideas and feedback I have gotten:

But here is my concept: My character belongs to a family that has specialized in the art of seduction and virility/fertility, using their natural beauty and ability to manipulate pheromones to infiltrate villages or secure their own bloodline via entering pacts or marriages with other families.

So basically my character would be focused around my #1 fetish: Pregnancy. >.< And would the pheromone ability be possible? Of course, it wouldn't be powerful right away but it could perhaps make my charisma (if I understand this correctly) gain some form of boosts as well as being able to have a fairly high success rate at seduction or anything sexual.

Basically a ninja specialized in diplomacy and honeytraps. :P

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on August 10, 2015, 04:22:00 AM
Actually in Naruto universe there is clan who specializes on 'seduction-no-jutsu' stuff. Not sure where I heard the info but they were based on land of water (the clan anyways). Or this is mere rumor or fanfiction but there was not much details about them when it came up (besides them being skilled water element users who use water for entertainment purposes). A sort 'geisha clan' or so.

Anycase no doubt in shinobi world there can be clans who specialize to be honeytraps or simply seduce a shinobi heir, bed them and then run off with the genetic material stolen from another clan and give birth a child who has the clan secrets in his/her blood. Example many bloodline limits (kenkei genkai) are genetic inherited and many clans pay large sums of money for heirs with those abilities to either research or raise said heir as their secret weapon.

That is basically the idea I had in mind. Not to mention that bloodlines that wants to persevere their own will want someone from her family to marry so as to ensure a child. So it goes a bit of both ways and a feature of this family is that is has quite a few Kekkei Genkai users. Or something like that.

And that sounds interesting. Besides, water and earth are my preferred element either way. :P

Quote from: EvilMegaCookie on August 19, 2015, 05:26:46 PM
Yeah, I see what you mean. I was thinking of it being more of a... alliance of sorts? Fertility is highly desirable in both men and women, especially in bloodlines that desire to be around for long. And I take it by closely resembling the father you mean raising the chances of the child receiving his or her heritage? If so, yeah. That is what I was going for.

I was thinking of a clan that has plenty of social connections due to how out-spread they are.

If you allow one of our men/women to be one of your clan in exchange for your allegiance... we will help to produce a suitable heir

... I can easily see this getting dark fairly quickly what with all the implications. Gee, sometimes I wish i was better at explaining. Of course, bloodlines aren't the only option. There could be members within the higher ranks like the Daimyo, however far fetched that sounds. :P

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
The user has complete control over the pheromones, a secreted or excreted chemical factor that triggers a social response in members of the same species, of oneself and others, including releasing pheromones that induce attraction between subjects (or within a subject for oneself), to exuding pheromones strong enough to induce sleep, change emotions and draw crowds.

Pheromones may induce a pleasure, or may put subjects into a state of high suggestibility (either of which is useful for limited mind control). Other uses of these pheromones can be used to mark territory (causing people to feel the compulsion to not go into a certain area), or to leave a pheromone path which others can follow. The user's pheromones may even increase stamina, slightly stimulate the healing process or (used offensively) cause foes to become disoriented, violent or extremely sick.

The power I had in mind for my character. Although not as potent in the beginning as described here. But I guess it'd be potent enough for an artificial boost in charisma. Or to lower it, depending on the situation.

I will copy the sheet I have been trying to tinker around with. So far the attributes are the only thing I have something of a clue to do with. >.<

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Tsukuda Emi
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Basic Information

Character Name  : Tsukuda Emi                        Height :  5'11
Player Name     : EvilMegaCookie                        Weight : 140 lbs.
Character Race  : Human                       Eyes   : Blue
Gender          : Female                         Hair   : Red
Size            :                          Age    : 18
ECL             : 8                        Speed  :
Primary Element :                          Rep    : +0
Character Class Information

Class and Level     :
Class and Level     :
Class and Level     :
Bloodline Levels    :

Ability Scores

Strength     : 08 (+0)     00 point buy + 0 racial + 0 level + 0 misc
Dexterity    : 12 (+0)     00 point buy + 0 racial + 0 level + 0 misc
Constitution : 08 (+0)     00 point buy + 0 racial + 0 level + 0 misc
Intelligence : 16 (+0)     00 point buy + 0 racial + 0 level + 0 misc
Wisdom       : 16 (+0)     00 point buy + 0 racial + 0 level + 0 misc
Charisma     : 16 (+0)     00 point buy + 0 racial + 0 level + 0 misc

Combat Statistics

Hit Points        : xx/xx
Action Points     : 0
Initiative        : +0     0 Dex + 0 misc

Base Attack (BAB) : +0
Base Melee        : +0     0 BAB + 0 Str + 0 misc
Base Ranged       : +0     0 BAB + 0 Dex + 0 misc

Combat Maneuver   : +xx         0 BAB + 0 Str + 0 misc          <- CMB
Maneuver Defense  : +xx    10 + 0 BAB + 0 Str + 0 Dex + 0 misc  <- CMD

Armor Class       : 00     10 base + 0 armor + 0 class + 0 Dex + 0 misc
Touch AC          : 00     10 base +         + 0 class + 0 Dex + 0 misc
Flat-Footed AC    : 00     10 base + 0 armor + 0 class +       + 0 misc

Saving Throws

Fortitude  : +0    0 base + 0 Con + 0 misc
Reflex     : +0    0 base + 0 Dex + 0 misc
Will       : +0    0 base + 0 Wis + 0 misc

Conditional Bonuses and Penalties :

Background Abilities and Features

Occupation Name
Skills:
Feat:
Bloodline/Template Abilities and Features

Class Talents and Features

Feats

Racial Feat :
Occupation Feat :
Level 1 Feat :
Level 1 Feat : Genin
Level 3 Feat :
Level 5 Feat :
Level 6 Feat : Chunin
Level 7 Feat :

Skills and Languages

[ ] Acrobatics         : +00    0 ranks + 0 Dex + 0 misc - 0 armor
[ ] Artisan            : +00    0 ranks + 0 Int + 0 misc
[ ] Athletics          : +00    0 ranks + 0 Str + 0 misc - 0 armor
[ ] Chakra Control     : +00    0 ranks + 0 Wis + 0 misc
[ ] Conversation       : +00    0 ranks + 0 Cha + 0 misc
[ ] Deception          : +00    0 ranks + 0 Cha + 0 misc
[ ] Fuinjutsu          : +00    0 ranks + 0 Int + 0 misc
[ ] Gamble             : +00    0 ranks + 0 Wis + 0 misc
[ ] Genjutsu           : +00    0 ranks + 0 Cha + 0 misc
[ ] Handle Animal      : +00    0 ranks + 0 Cha + 0 misc
[ ] Investigate        : +00    0 ranks + 0 Int + 0 misc
[ ] Kn()               : +00    0 ranks + 0 Int + 0 misc
[ ] Mechanic           : +00    0 ranks + 0 Int + 0 misc
[ ] Medicine           : +00    0 ranks + 0 Wis + 0 misc
[ ] Ninjutsu           : +00    0 ranks + 0 Int + 0 misc
[ ] Outdoorsmanship    : +00    0 ranks + 0 Wis + 0 misc
[ ] Perception         : +00    0 ranks + 0 Wis + 0 misc
[ ] Professional       : +00    0 ranks + 0 Wis + 0 misc
[ ] Ride               : +00    0 ranks + 0 Dex + 0 misc - 0 armor
[ ] Stealth            : +00    0 ranks + 0 Dex + 0 misc - 0 armor
[ ] Taijutsu           : +00    0 ranks + 0 Str + 0 misc

Conditional Skill Bonuses/Penalties

Synergies

Wealth and Equipment

Wealth Bonus: +??

Drugs Consumed

Equipment (Weight):

Total Weight:
LOAD:  Light   Medium (-3) Heavy/Max (-6)  Lift (x 2)  Push/Drag (x 5)
          lb         lb           lb             lb            lb
Sealed Item Slots

Armor     :
Back      :
Feet      :
Head      :
Neck      :
Ring #1   :
Ring #2   :
Waist     :
Wrists    :
Weapon    :
Weapon    :

Techniques

Chakra Pool: xx/xx
Chakra Reserve: xx/xx
Meta-Chakra: x/x

Primary Affinity: -
Secondary Affinities: -

Chakra Control +?? (? ranks) - ?? Techniques; ? Masteries

Save DC 10+Wis+Rank

Fuinjutsu +?? (?? ranks) - ?? Techniques; ? Masteries
Save DC 10+Int+Rank

Genjutsu +?? (?? ranks) - ?? Techniques; ? Masteries

Save DC 10+Cha+Rank

Ninjutsu +?? (?? ranks) - ?? Techniques; ? Masteries

Save DC 10+Int+Rank

Taijutsu +?? (?? ranks) - ?? Techniques; ? Masteries

Save DC 10+Str+Rank

Training and Mastery Benefits

And there we go. I'll see if I can get a more coherent explanation when my brain has hoarded enough grey matter.

Tsukuda Emi.

Personality: She is a bit of a mixed bag. On one hand she takes great pride her lineage however diluted it might be in the eyes of others, On another she wants an escape from her duties, an escape from just being another to be married off to a rich family in order to ensure their influence. Emi has had a strict upbringing and it shows in her efforts to maintain the rules whether it be social etiquette or at dinner. She is someone who tries to be as flexible as possible but finds herself relying on alcoholic beverages to truly let loose.

So she often tries to strike a balance between being a ''proper'' lady and someone that simply wants to have fun. So depending on the place and time, one might very well feel that she has two different personalities.

OOC: I sorta wanted to try and RP someone that has a difficulity in balancing two aspects of her life and perhaps at the very end manage to tie these two aspects without taking a ''one or the other'' approach to everything. I had in mind someone that is proud about their body, their lineage and way of life but also constantly feeling like there is some sort of invisible pressure on her. As a result I had in mind that she is fairly weak to group pressure. But at the same time I feel like it would somewhat contradict her high charisma, as I often find someone with a high stat like that to be very leader-like. Of course, it might not have to be exclusively like that. Either way I am tinkering away at her background and finally managed to settle on a personality that is, I hope, a bit away from the norm that I tend to write in a setting with a fair amount of erotic action. :P

Feedback is appreciated. >:3

Zaer Darkwail

Oh yeah, I created the sheet for you :P. Well, it can work still, only question is do we drop 2 levels from charismatic hero (would loose ability to call favors) or drop shinobi adept levels and focus on genjutsu master after charismatic hero 5th level. As mentioned pregnancy is unlikely played out in chuunin exam (and I think if shinobi is pregnant when exams start they are by default not allowed to participate). As chars this point are 16-17 years old in age. Where as your background fits for more older char.

I think this point she may indeed rebel for the 'marriage' purpose of the family, not mind the sex, seduction and all that (and excel in it). However your promised to some daimyo or shinobi clan and marry once chuunin exams would be over.

Inerrant Lust

I could see this as being a learning experience for Emi- being away from her Jounin and her old team for nearly two months will allow her to act the way she wants to- without worrying about what's proper or what's expected of her. At least during the second stage, she'd be completely by herself in the wilderness with only the other PCs.

Though reality will ensue when, in the month between the second and third stage, her old life comes rushing back at her...

That being said, this game will involve some social maneuvering, particularly in the written exam first... but a good portion of the second stage will be more practical, where scouting and surviving in a free-for-all Hunger-games type situation... and the third stage is just straight-up 1v1 battles.

Jeufufns

Gonna leave the spot to cookie, dnd things aren't my thing(yet, never did one before)

Inerrant Lust

Ah, that's too bad. To be fair, this particular system is really complex and not really a good place to jump in if you want to try D&D for the first time. ::)

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, it's step further more complex than regular 3.5 DnD :P

EvilMegaCookie

Well I am practically diving headfirst into it. :P

And yeah, expecting pregnancy tropes to be played during the chuunin exam would be a bit silly. I expect this would only happen later on when/if she gets married. I mean it is plausible that she has a change of heart and decides to not go with what her family expects of her. Then again this road will only start to show when she goes through the ordeals and starts to think about why she participates. Is it for herself? Her family? Things like that.

But at the same time it might also be a bit more interesting to have her play it straight and still be in the family, get married and see how she adjusts to it from there. I think there is potential in such a direction, since I expect her to still be active in some form. Information broker is something I can see being a forte of hers.

Inerrant Lust

One thing I'm unclear about is Emi's origins. Or her clan. You mentioned they have some pheromones or special fertility...

Given how important bloodlines and genetics are in the Naruto setting, a clan that has fertility as their 'special ability' would be highly valuable. For a clan like the Uchiha, which is currently constrained to three surviving members... it might be quite appealing to find women who are able to almost guarantee the clan's genetic survival. I believe in the other thread you mentioned the possibility that her clan might have the ability to speed up the entire pregnancy process. Considering all the whacky chakra science stuff, this doesn't seem entirely implausible and would make her an enticing bride.

Of course most of this is all RP stuff and not mechanical. :P

It is a shame that we have already begun RPing the pre-game a little bit... as Emi might be sought out as an ideal mate for Zaer's character... who is the son of Sasuke and Sakura. Though... I am trying to avoid making one character inherently more 'important' than any other. Hence why I preferred you not play an Uchiha to begin with, Zaer. But it's not too big a deal. ;)

EvilMegaCookie

I will try and write up an origin story tomorrow. I always find the background to be the hardest part. :P

Edit: I will do a rough sketch of her background and then work my way from there so I will simply write down a few keypoints.

Relatively young clan in comparison to the others. Despite that they have quite the wealth gathered through various means, but mostly via marriage and securing that a bloodline survives.

Might or might not have a brothel/love hotel. Been toying around with this idea although I am not sure if this would break canon but seeing as Japan has them and this is Naruto, it seems plausible what with the mix-and-match of modern and old technology and culture. Could be just me derping.

So for now I will only focus on Emi and then try and give a bit more clear picture of the clan as inspiration stops being an asshat.

Background: Emi is currently the only child of her familys generation, a rarity in and of itself due to how fertile the men and women of it were. On the plus side it meant that she didn't have any sibling rivalry, but it also meant that the pressure on her was twice as high. There were times when she wanted to run away but she never truly caved in, feeling a sense of pride in that she had such trust from her family. So she continued to push herself, sometimes on the brink of collapse. The proper way to talk, walk, smile and any other forms of human expression were drilled into her. But just like how a candle ceases to burn, so too did her body.

While it didn't quite crash and burn, it took a toll on her, making her physical performance suffer. But while she could not quite jump as high or run as far as most people, she made up for it via cunning, stealth and the means available to her as well as her own pride.

While her parents weren't too fond of their daughter undertaking a physical life like that of the shinobi, they knew very well that she was headstrong to a fault and arguing futile. Besides, they thought, she would soon see the errors of her way and return to the safety of her home.

Their hopes were misplaced.

-----------------------

I'll try and make it a bit more coherent in terms of chronological order as it feels a bit all over the place right now. But this is what I managed to squeeze out in about ten minutes so far. >.<

-----------------------

The Tsukuda Clan: Their exact origin are unclear, but it is believed they sprung up not too long after the Third Raikge in the Cloud Village, notable in part due to how fast their family grew. Of course, quite a few clans that were in danger of being wiped out, from the paltry to the exquisite, arranged marriages were common for this new bloodline. While it could be said that they don't offer anything special like a Bloodline Limit or one of the three sacred eyes, they do offer a certain security to thin blood thanks to their highly unusual fertility that resided within both men and women.

Over time they started to deal in information gathering and the production of perfume, gaining some reputation as information brokers and perfumery. But they were still mostly relied upon as a way to secure the continued lineage of ones family. It is believed that they use some form of technique to control their bodies, but whatever secrets they have are yet to be uncovered due to their secretive nature as per the usual of any respectable bloodline. Rumors are abound as to whether it is a genetic mutation or the former, one that they themselves perpetuate via their information network.

But it doesn't end there as their specializations culminated in the opening of brothels, where these three aspects weave endlessly with eachother like a whirlpool. It would be no meager boast to say that they have quite a few strings attached to wherever they go.

Despite their young age compared to the rest of the families scattered throughout the Hidden Villages and the Five Great, they have managed to gain some respect through their efforts. Something that they take great pride in, while some would view them as nothing more than glorified prostitutes or ''broodmothers''. But they know better. They know that their webs extend far more than one could imagine, threads so thin that they are invisible to the naked eye.

----------------------

... I might've used the spider motif a bit much there. XD So whatcha think?

EvilMegaCookie

And... There we go. Sort of. Bumping so you can see my updated post. :P

Inerrant Lust

Brothels are a thing, sure, and love hotels definately. :P

Hmm.. So she's from a non-ninja clan (a 'breeding' clan?) and decided to become a ninja against their wishes? What village did you say she was from? Ideally, I'd prefer it be anything but Leaf or Waterfall.

Zaer Darkwail

Well, it's possible there is a non-ninja clan which specializes in breeding and thus have their own custom secret jutsus which surround in pregnancy and bloodline preservation. In short they make business with shinobi but are not shinobi themselves, so Cookie's char is expection to the rule.

EvilMegaCookie

They could also be information brokers which I might have already mentioned. But yeah, that is pretty much what I had in mind. I'll try and work on it some more tomorrow when I get back from... well, work. If you can call it that. :P

EvilMegaCookie

I was thinking she'd be from the Cloud Village or Wind Village or whatever the hell it is called.

EvilMegaCookie

Gee. I am not fond of triple posting but for the sake of alarming thee to my updated post, I will humiliate myself a bit. :P

Zaer Darkwail

I am aware of the update but Inerrant Lust haven't posted since you made latest update even IC :P.