Wheel of Time ~ Centered on the White Tower & Tar Valon (Now Recruiting)

Started by Cynadea, August 13, 2015, 08:33:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cynadea

if you want to see which characters have been written and are ready to go:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=234819.0

Both of my girls are ready. The Green could benefit of a paragraph more at the end of her history, but I left it open in case someone wants to have ties with her.

Currently MIA, not available for  RP

Ons and Offs ~ Idea thread

VioletPanda

If you'd like, your Green can be the one who brought Serain to the Tower?
Current Muse: Meh, not super driven right now

My A/A PageMy O/Os

Moraline

Do we have many Warders yet?  I'm thinking my Amyrlin Seat will be a Blue so she'll need a Warder at some point.

VioletPanda

I would be willing to make a Warder for that express purpose, if you'd like :)
Current Muse: Meh, not super driven right now

My A/A PageMy O/Os

Cerigo

I have plans for two at the moment. One will be the Master of Arms, an older man that is jaded about the world and has seen far too much. Another that will probably be a story point to come in and still working at the details. At the moment, they have not been promised to anyone for a bond.
Selectively Seeking New Stories
"It is not enough to conquer; one must know how to seduce."  Voltaire

On and Offs
Ideas

Moraline

Thank you, both.

@Cerigo - I actually like the idea of the "Master of Arms, an older man that is jaded about the world and has seen far too much." being the Amyrlin's Warder.  Shoot me a PM if you want to talk details.

Cynadea

We have a handful of Aes Sedai that have been submitted. The green in me is waiting for the boys to start rolling in ;).

Quote from: LukaWolf on August 15, 2015, 06:46:40 PM
   If you'd like, your Green can be the one who brought Serain to the Tower?

She's not the traveling type, preferring to train with the best at the moment. She's still young. She can teach though, train Serain in the rosebud exercise. Same with my brown.

We can go ahead and transfer the plotting chatter to the OOC

Matttheman89

...is this game still accepting? I'm pretty wary(shy) about group games, but I love the Wheel of Time. :-)

Cynadea

You are welcome to submit a character sheet. Don't be shy. If you have any question or concern, shoot me a PM.

Cynadea

The game could definitely benefit of another (potential) warder or three...

Muse

Good morning. Do yuo still need warders? 

I see you do.  :)

What sort of posting rate are you hoping for? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Cynadea

It depends on the person you write with. I prefer faster pace, Moraline mentioned the same, I don't know for the others.

Caela

~planting an interested flag and bouncing off to read what there is to read~

hellrazoromega

Oh boy, I'd love to be able to make a Gaidin? My only issue would be picking where to be from--so many choices ;)

Lithium

In case anyone creating a new character might be interested, I'm looking for a female warder to bond with my Aes Sedai of the Red Ajah. Nothing against the boys, she's just not allowed to bond with one...damn Reds and their draconian rules! It's similar to an m/f bond, except the empathic link is more powerful, so it should be fun to play around with.

Just send me a PM if you're interested. :)

cabalxxvi

Huge fan, and long time reader, and table top RPG player for the Wheel of time, and I am interested, but it's been so long since I have read or done anything with Wheel of Time that I have to do some work and read up on it once again.

The story line, and time era is perfect though.

-Runs to study just a little bit-
Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Gilgameshian

I only just recently joined the site but Wheel of Time was the epic fantasy that made me want to write epic fantasy so I'd be a poor fan if I didn't take the chance to make a reluctant Warder.

I'll try to get my thoughts in a row and make him up properly after work tomorrow but consider this my note of interest!
March 2020: Working Retail + Virus Panic = Brain not work so good. Expect slow intermittent replies as sanity slowly drains and is returned.

RedMoon

Been looking for a Wheel of Time game for ages. I'll think about a character.

Cynadea

yay!

There is currently a Faire in Tar Valon, with members of the Illuminators' guild and a menagerie... and merchants setting up booths, of course. So much shiny :D

RedMoon

Sounds entertaining. It's a shame that Warders go insane and die when they lose their Aes Sedai, I had forgotten that part. I had been thinking of a Warder who lost his partner, but, that won't really work in this case. Hmm. I'll keep brainstorming!

Cynadea

It could work, though bonding another Aes Sedai is known to only delay the inevitable... I am not against small twists to the setting. Like I am allowing Reds to bond women, something that did not happen in the books for that period.

RedMoon

Perfect! As long as it's not an immediate thing, that's fine. I'm perfectly comfortable playing a character who is slowly going insane and dying, which can possibly be temporarily delayed by bonding. Drama! I'll cook something up and pass it along. :)

Cynadea

from what I remember, they're not going insane and dying. They become suicidal while trying to avenge their Aes Sedai.

RedMoon

hellrazoromega

Don't forget it is entirely possible for the Aes Sedai to release the Bond or pass it to another Sister if the knows she is about to die, knowing what her death will do to her Warder,
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
as Moriane did with Myrelle in the books. Myrelle was also noted for having skill with reducing the death wish in a Gaidin who had lost his sister. In fact one of Myrelle's Gaidin (maybe more but one for sure) was one she had taken on after his Aes Sedai had died, this was part of why Moiraine had picked her for the Lan's Bond to pass to in the event of her death.

Any way just offering options.