You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

July 21, 2019, 12:52:04 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Platinum Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Smells that you like  (Read 235 times)

Offline DallasTopic starter

• Roleplaying Enthusiast, R.A. Salvatore Fanboy, RTK Fanboy, Crazy Worldbuilder, Friend to All
  • Knight
  • Enchanter
  • I will take you to worlds you never knew existed.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
Smells that you like
« on: April 10, 2019, 02:25:31 AM »
Basically anything ordinary to the spectrum of "a bit odd". Stuff like fresh baked cookies to the smell of your pet animal or something.

On the subject of weird scents that I like... gasoline and burning pipe tobacco.

As far as more relatable ones go? Lots of food ones; like grilled meat (sausage, beef, chicken, etc) or fish. Another would be Cinnamon and lavender... but in the form of incense as opposed to actual cinnamon or lavender.

Online Nico

• They/Them. Deviously delicious - according to a certain, most awesome Liege ;) #Terrible #SorryNotSorry #MuseCrack. #NSFShades #EclipseTwin #Mulder #Moriarty #WAT - Spoiler buttons are evil. 42,19km!
  • Centurion
  • Incarnal
  • #JeSuisUnAnge #Coffee #IWantToBelieve
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Smells that you like
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2019, 06:19:42 AM »
Hm. There's a lot.

Cigar smoke. Coffee. Lemon/Lime. Vanilla. Sandalwood. Caramel. Cinnamon. Leather. The way my husband smells. Melons in general. The grass after the rain. Roses. Freshly washed laundry. Coconut. Oregano. Basil. Patchouli. Anise.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 09:15:51 AM by Nico »

Offline Inkidu

• E's Resident Girlomancer, Dedicated Philogynist, The Compartive of a Superlative, SLG's Sammich Life-Giver
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2019, 06:27:49 AM »
Coffee, fresh paper and ink, roses, cigars (un-burned only), dark chocolate, the ocean, pineapple, apples, bananas, coconut. Mexican food, tomato soup, fresh bedclothes.

Offline tommoj91

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2019, 08:17:58 AM »
I love the smell of freshly cut grass right after it has rained.

Offline Argyros

• ♔ King of Wordplay ♔         ♕ Count of Corvids ♕
  • On Hiatus
  • Enchanted
  • If you want the answer, seek the question.
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2019, 09:10:42 AM »
I love the scent of ozone (O3) before a rain storm and nitrogen dioxide (NO2) during a lightning strike. They both emanate that crisp, pungent aroma that stimulates my olfactory senses. I also enjoy the smell of watermelons, donuts, old books, cedar wood, Colts (Rum & Wine), and the interior of new cars.

Offline Strega

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2019, 09:15:11 AM »
Bread!

I always smell it before I eat it, a weird habit of mine I guess.

Offline Mathim

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2019, 10:00:03 AM »
Incense used to rub me the wrong way but I kind of like it now.

Offline Peony

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2019, 12:10:03 AM »
 I had a chamomile and ylang ylang lotion that I loved to bits. I am a sucker for magnolia and jasmine fragrances. I like sandlewood too.

Online Bly

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2019, 07:22:28 AM »
Petrichor. Diesel. Any and all citrusy or acidic odors. Oddly fond of the scent of vinegar, too.

The strangely pristine papery aroma of a new car or book.

The extremely light yet pervasive scent of honeysuckle flowers.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 07:23:37 AM by Bly »

Offline WhichBard

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2019, 06:59:48 AM »
Coffee. Rain. Pinesol and Bleach (they smell like "Clean" to me... and also have to be in moderation).  Those are my favorites, anyway.

Online ObsidianRae

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2019, 09:19:56 AM »
Oh oh, I have one! Flour! Plain flour. It reminds me of cooking or baking with my mother, and in general when I am happy I like to cook or bake. So it is home and happiness in scent form.

I also like fresh lilac or honeysuckle. 

And the smell of old books. Paper, Post-It notes in particular. Coffee beans, before they are ground. The smell of Scrubbing Bubbles (Found out the hard way this product should be used with a window open though.) Ozone.

I especially like catching just a hint of a nice cologne or scent of a man in passing. It's not so much a specific cologne/scent but the fact that it was pleasant and just a faint tease of it, leaving you wanting more.

Offline Mathim

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2019, 12:44:49 PM »
I remember when I was really little, the local Toys 'R Us entryway had this really pleasing scent, like paint that hadn't dried all the way, and I loved it but I'd only get one whiff before entering the store proper.

Also the smell of Fruity Pebbles. Curiously I dislike Trix and Froot Loops despite them being kind of all the same thing just in different geometric shapes.

Offline LostInTheMist

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2019, 08:25:57 PM »
In no particular order. The smell in the air after a downpour. (Especially the first downpour of the spring.) Fresh apples. Roasting garlic. Freshly parmesan cheese. That "new car" smell. The air at the moment of sunrise on a camping trip miles from anywhere. Frying spam. The air when sailing in a storm. Tabasco sauce. Books, especially old ones. Fruit candies. Clean sheets on a well-made bed. The crisp smell of the air after a fresh snow. The smell of my grandparents' house when we'd go there for Christmas.
Lots of air smells in there.