You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

October 20, 2018, 04:12:51 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Age of Sigmar/Warhammer Fantasy discussion  (Read 1484 times)

Offline wanderTopic starter

• That Tired Lone Brit-lad // Geek-Nerd in a T-shirt // Not A Gentleman
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • Degrader, Daddy, Sadist, though Master to Noone.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Age of Sigmar/Warhammer Fantasy discussion
« Reply #75 on: July 10, 2018, 09:32:44 PM »
Escalation is moving to 1.5k so I've been hard at work bringing a list in for 2nd edition Pestilens.

Right now I'm going forward with this;

Allegiance: Pestilens.
Home Realm: Hysh.
+1 Command Point.

o Verminlord Corruptor = 220pts
> General.
> Command Trait: Master of Rot and Ruin.
> Artifact: Aetherquartz Brooch

o Plague Furnace = 180pts
> Bonus Artifact: Liber Bubonicus.

o Plague Priest = 80pts

Troops;

30x Plague Monks (plague scroll, contagion banner, bile-chimes) w/ foetid blades + woe-staves. = 210pts

30x Plague Monks (same as above) = 210pts

30x Plague Monks (same as above) = 210pts

Ratling Gun Weapon Team = 80pts (Ally)

Ratling Gun Weapon Team = 80pts (Ally)

==
Battalion: Contagion of Filth = 170pts

Chronomantic Cogs Endless Spell = 60pts

+500pts was a lot to play with, though I can see the army taking more of a shape now and at the full 2k at League's end, it'll look very similar to this build.

The Verminlord now has the Aetherquartz Brooch from Hysh (as seen in Malign Sorcery) as their artifact now. This was partly as I kept forgetting to use the Bilious Bell and I like the Brooch's ability to roll a d6 for each Command Point used and on a 5+ it is returned. Allows more uses of 'Gouge-Tear their Eyes!' and also 'Inspiring Presence' for super-killy monks that won't flee when hit back! (I also get a nice bonus Command Point at the start of the game because of my battallion).

I decided to add a Plague Priest in as a cheap way to possibly get more Echoes of the Great Plagues out. Now that the 'Master of Rot and Ruin' command trait allows the Verminlord the ability to summon them like the Plague Furnace (who can do two prayers with the Liber Bubonicus now), there should be ample chances for some Great Plagues to hit.

We have more Plague Monks and this time I have some Ratling Guns allied in. I'd rather have two Ratling Guns than a Plagueclaw as whilst the threat range dips by 6", rather than gambling the Plagueclaw's better damage on a single attack (which could fail on turns I need it), I now get to roll many dice for ranged attacks. It's totally worth gambling on a d6 to get double attacks, to total 8d6 rolls to hit total for the two Weapon Teams.

The final add, of which I was debating to do it here or save it for 2k though which I think is pretty amazing, is the Chronomantic Cogs Endless Spell which my Verminlord Corruptor will be able to cast and have kept near him (the Cogs are a non-moving spell) for him to manipulate. The main ability for it is 'Speed Up Time' which gives all units +2 to their Move and +2 to charge rolls. This is for the obvious benefit of getting the Plague Monks into melee sooner and just giving more board control. Casting roll of 7, so may not go off immediately, though could be good to have if only to use 'Slow Down Time' and get a reroll for the Verminlord's 4+ save.

My only concerns are again wondering if I have enough Plague Monks to be a credible threat, however 90 Monks seems fine for this level. 'Look out Sir!' should be able to protect the Plague Priest.

It'll take time to snap everything up for the army though, so probably not many batt-reps incoming from me for a good while for this particular build yet.

Offline Andol

« Reply #76 on: August 15, 2018, 05:15:35 PM »
Question... I still mostly play old school Warhammer Fantasy... is that still cool as well bros... XD

Offline MiaKage

« Reply #77 on: August 15, 2018, 08:43:02 PM »
I really like old school Warhammer Fantasy n.n

Offline Andol

« Reply #78 on: August 15, 2018, 08:59:46 PM »
That was when the Skaven had way more hero and Lord choices... but still Thanqoul and Boneripper where the best XD

Offline MiaKage

« Reply #79 on: August 15, 2018, 09:05:49 PM »
Wood Elves had named characters back then too, I miss the sisters of twilight  :'(

Offline Andol

« Reply #80 on: August 15, 2018, 09:35:19 PM »
Me to... given they could revive each other over and over again... like a boss. Plus don't forgot Fantasy's version of THE EMPEROR!!!!

Offline Neysha

« Reply #81 on: October 11, 2018, 07:38:44 AM »
Question... I still mostly play old school Warhammer Fantasy... is that still cool as well bros... XD

It's very cool. Especially compared with what came after...  ;D

But yeah Age of Sh... Sigmar is the law of the land now. Soon all of the old Warhammer Fantasy awesomeness will be flushed down the vortex.

The worst part is I never played any tabletop warming. I literally was a Total War computer game fan who reluctantly purchased Total War Warhammer two years ago and I just fell in love with the game... And then fell in love with the lore. Own loads of the core books and the like. Not to play, just for reading. :)

Offline Beorning

« Reply #82 on: October 12, 2018, 11:01:45 AM »
Regarding Warhammer Fantasy / AoS: has anyone here played Shadespire / Nightvault? Could you guys tell me more about this game?

On another note: recently, I ordered quite a lot of Warhammer models, as I got into Dragon Rampant and needed a fantasy army :) I admit that some of the new models are cool: I got myself Morathi, a Verminlord, a Darkoath Warqueen, one big Start Collecting: Sylvaneth box, even some Stormcast Eternals. Fluff for these models will be mine, though - basically, I'm building an army for a Dark Queen :)

BTW. I'm looking at this girl at the AoS rulebook cover and she looks so sad:

I bet she has a heart-wrenching story to tell! I guess these big golden paladins aren't as bright and holy as it may seem... Scary stuff must be going on with them out of sight! ;)

Offline Andol

« Reply #83 on: October 12, 2018, 11:12:38 AM »
Make sure to have a generals handbook if you want to play... or at least I did. So I could some attempt at using my old favorite models in the new system... I guess...