Blackjack("Smile when you say that.")Age:
Predominantly straightBlood Status:
Straw Sandal of the Imperial NinesHeight:
6'2 (188 cm)Weight:
205 lbs (93 kg)Hair Colour:
Multiple knife, gunshot and other violence-related scars on his arms, torso and legs. On his back is a
Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death.
painstakingly and beautifully scarified into his skin.Face Claim:
Michael Jai WhitePersonality:
"I can see what you're thinkin', you know. No, it ain't some kind of Twilight bullshit, I've just seen that thought go across plenty of men's eyes before. You're thinkin' you got me outnumbered. You're thinkin' that if you take me down, that wins you some street cred, maybe steps you up the ladder in your family. You're thinkin' it'll be easy... Before you do it, I want to ask you a question. You ever watch Dave Chappelle? Yeah, he's a funny motherfucker, ain't he? You know that bit he does, about how the one white guy hanging out in a group of black guys is the most dangerous, because he had to do some crazy shit to win their respect?
You're looking at a brother from Chicago who got himself made a high ranking member of a Hong Kong Triad. You think I got where I am because of affirmative action? You think Old Man Moses had a quota to fill? I want you to think, real, real carefully. I want you to imagine the shit I did, the shit I was willing to do, the shit I enjoyed
doing to get where I am today, before you start somethin' you can't finish. Now, I got a message for your boss, are you gonna get the fuck out of my way or am I gonna have to carve it into your face with a broken bottle?"
Jack is Loyal
- He considers the Imperial Nines his family, and while he expects respect from lower echelons and shows the same to those who stand above him, he doesn't hesitate to go to the wall for his people, he would die for the Nines without a second thought. Alternately, while he's got somewhat of a reputation outside the Triad for being a man of his word, he's also got a reputation for a certain mercenary brutality, caring little for enemy soldiers or even innocents who get caught in the crossfire.
Jack is Charismatic
- Whether making friends, calming enemies, talking a sale up or a woman's panties down, there's something about the way Jack speaks that's nearly hypnotic. He's fully aware, and well practiced with this, using it as verbal sword and shield as he delivers threats and compliments with equally devastating force. He's also a bit of a manipulative bastard.
Jack is Intelligent
- Having earned a law degree before he reached the age of 21, fluent in Cantonese, Russian, Japanese and German, and with a reading retention level nearly high enough to qualify as eidetic, Jack also has the ability to make quick decisions under pressure, and more often than not the right ones, as well as occasionally acting as a sounding board and offering advice when asked to those who stand higher than he in the family. He also has a bit of the air of arrogance that often comes with such a mind, but is rarely outright rude
to those less gifted than he. At least, as long as they're Nines.
Jack is a Perfectionist
- He eats and dresses fastidiously, maintains perfect grooming, works out to the point of it nearly being religious, and observers have noted he seems to sleep less than 4 hours each night, committing all the time he's not spending on his personal care to the Nines, often having to be told
by others to go take some time for himself. Of course, as a man who gives that level of himself to the organization, he expects the same of others and has little patience for those who don't seem fully committed to the Nines.
Jack is Paranoid
- He does not trust the Fathers of the other Family, nor the police, nor anyone outside the Nines, constantly expecting betrayal and double-dealing. He also tends to keep an eye on those who stand below him, always watching out for someone he thinks might want to take his place.History:
Despite his usual mode of speaking, Jack actually grew up in Chicago's affluent Gold Coast neighborhood, the son of a lawyer and a symphony flutist. Raised in such rarified air, he went to the best schools, had the best tutors for academic and musical pursuits, and is even a well-versed equestrian and polo player. Though he was obedient to his overbearing(and sometimes abusive) father during his youth, as he grew into adolescence his rebellious phase hit hard, resulting in him going so far as to spend half a year running with a gang and running up a string of charges for theft, assault, possession and all the other usual suspects. His father, however, managed to have those charges dismissed and sealed away with his juvenile record, before sending him off to finish his schooling in Switzerland, a place he fit in even better
than the predominantly-white American schools he'd attended before.
After an accelerated preparatory program, he was able to enter directly into Law School at Yale when he was barely 18, and graduated before he was old enough to enjoy a celebratory drink legally(not that that stopped him). With his youth, his track record, and his father's money and reputation backing him up, he quickly found employment at Yingke, Davison & Pritchard, an international law firm of high standing. A firm that also happened to be responsible for laundering money and providing defense for the Imperial Nines.
For reasons Jackson didn't fully understand, whether seeing potential in him, or just on a whim, Zhang Jing Yuen seemed to take an instant liking to the young lawyer during a meeting with Mr. Yingke, and after a few trials, had his accounts moved into Miller's care directly, something that Mr. Yingke did not care for at all. Over the course of a few months, Jackson was let deeper into the guts of the operation as he supervised all their sets of books, front corporations and various legal interests, and was rewarded with women and drugs as well as more money than he'd ever seen in one place before, but more importantly, he started to realize that the old man actually respected
That was something that came heavily into play not long after his first year as supervisor of the Triad accounts, when Jackson was kidnapped by a rival Triad and suffered sixteen grueling hours of torture before the Imperial Nines managed to retake him. Throughout that entire ordeal, he never divulged a single account, a single name, despite everything the rather inventive thugs could bring to bear against him. Not long after this amazing show of bravery and loyalty, Jackson was inducted into the Nines and, of course, when the upper echelon was prosecuted, he no more was willing to take a deal to testify or turn over resources than he had been willing to deal for a surcease of torture, and was sent along with the upper echelon into exile in Ergastulum.Weapons:
A Heizer Doubletap
chambered for .410(a derringer that shoots shotgun rounds, basically) and a rather nasty stun baton
for when he's trying to make a less final
point.Skills: Steady Calm
- Jackson is completely unflappable, whether there's a gun in his face, a dozen angry men closing on him, a million dollars on the line or an angry woman pounding down his door, he can always keep his cool.Bullshit
- Jackson is a master of all manner of negotiations, diplomacy, lies, threats, seductions, or really any task involving convincing someone to believe the truth of his words.Wheelman
- If it has wheels, Jackson can drive it until they fall off, and look good doing it. O&Os:Ons:
Dangerous and intelligent women, the dance of seduction, rough sex, some bondage, player's usual O/O's apply. Offs:
Masculine partners, bathroom-related, player's usual O/O's.