You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 11, 2016, 12:19:23 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Rim Runners (Star Wars, Freeform)  (Read 1361 times)

Offline DarilTopic starter

Rim Runners (Star Wars, Freeform)
« on: July 05, 2015, 08:25:20 PM »
Title is courtesy NoWhereWoman, who helped me develop this idea.

This RPG will be set during the general era of the original trilogy and will focus on a group of fringers operating a ship in the relatively lawless regions of the outer rim.  Think something along the lines of Firefly, but more Star Wars-y.  :P  I haven't decided on the name of the ship yet, and it's size and configuration are also to be determined.  If I only get a tiny group I might go with a small courier, while it it's a larger group I might go with an armored transport or something.

So far I've got two Work In Progress characters for this RPG.  My character is a talented but overconfident young pilot who is something of a flirt.  NoWhereWoman's character is a twi'lek and former gladiatorial slave who is strongly loyal to him for freeing her (think a bit like Chewbacca, except she seems far less threatening :P).

I don't know if my character will be the ship's captain.  As I noted earlier, he's young.  If someone makes a character who is a bit older I might let them take on the Captain role and have my character act as a pilot.

BTW, I would love to have a cute wrench wench type as part of the ship's crew.  ;)

So anyway, who's interested?

Edit: Here is the character template.  Please note that I do not require lengthy profiles -a few lines in each category should be sufficient.

Code: [Select]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Species:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b] Note: you can put an image here in addition to text but it is not required.
[b]History:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Skills and Abilities:[/b]
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 06:22:39 PM by Daril »

Offline wander

Re: Rim Runners (Star Wars)
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 04:53:36 AM »
I shall place interest here for the moment. :)

Offline FragarachZ

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2015, 05:40:06 AM »
Interested in playing either the captain or the "wrench wench" as Daril put it. Maybe a gearhead zabrak fringer for the mechanic with a loyal droid sidekick. For the captain I figured a treasure hunter perhaps? Plenty of opportunities to look for goodies on the outer rim, then try to find a buyer while avoiding imperial entanglements? :p

Offline Muse

• Bibliopheliac -- Luna's Arcangel -- PiP's Sidhe Lord -- Karasu's Heartthrob -- Tyloka's Dragon -- Mistress Voluptuouss's Hand Bra -- Making Allanger Welcome at her Destination
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 6
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2015, 09:34:37 AM »
  Don't suppose you were wanting to play this out using Star Wars Saga System? 

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2015, 11:03:13 AM »
@Muse -I was planning on doing this freeform.  Sorry, I should have specified that.

@FragarchZ -I can see the ship's crew getting involved in a treasure hunt if they had something they considered credible to go on.  But I don't think it would be their main business.

Offline Muse

• Bibliopheliac -- Luna's Arcangel -- PiP's Sidhe Lord -- Karasu's Heartthrob -- Tyloka's Dragon -- Mistress Voluptuouss's Hand Bra -- Making Allanger Welcome at her Destination
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 6
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2015, 11:11:09 AM »
  All right.  Hope you have a good time. 

Offline KirbysFolly

• STUFF CAN GO HERE TOO?!
  • Lord
  • Enchanted
  • I should probably put something amusing here.
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Rim Runners (Star Wars, Freeform)
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2015, 06:50:45 PM »
Shoot, left town for the weekend and it moved from an idea thread to a recruitment thread.

I am back now, and definitely still interested. Probably either as a mechanic or an unlucky gunner type who's ship was captured by the pirates as well.

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2015, 07:06:11 PM »
Haha, I probably should have PM-ed you about that.  Also the idea has changed a bit in the jump from there to here -I'll PM you to clarify.

Offline elfguy

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2015, 07:19:33 PM »
How about a young orphan girl from Nar Shaddaa who just hit 18 and wants to prove herself as strong and capable, quite good with weapons and strong, yet still somewhat immature socially?

She could serve as ship security.

Offline Nowherewoman

• Arbitrarily Arousable, Selectively Insatiable
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • These ears are made for nibbling.
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2015, 08:06:55 PM »
Working on a Twi'lek 'companion' for Daril's character- if I can just find some non-suck art for an avi.

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2015, 08:20:05 PM »
Pictures are nice, but not absolutely necessary.  (I partly say that because I think I might have trouble finding an image to represent my character.  :D )

Offline Nowherewoman

• Dame
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2015, 08:36:55 PM »
See, I can't run a character if I don't have at least some sort of baseline imagery.

I may have to  resort to drawings or 3d art, though- the only real good Twi' cosplay I've found is of Darth Talon, and that's not a very good fit :D

Offline Phaia

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2015, 10:52:00 PM »
NWW, You are looking for some twi'lek female images...I have some in my various files and here they are

Phaia

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Offline Nowherewoman

• Dame
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2015, 08:14:09 AM »
Hmm. I really like this one:

Meet Tana Lione

Maybe that for slightly casual and this:

For combat. Aboard ship, she likely goes bare or mostly so most of the time.

Offline Nowherewoman

• Dame
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2015, 10:01:39 AM »
So, do we want to set up a separate character thread, or just keep them here to prevent Thread Sprawl?

« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2015, 10:59:27 AM »
For now let's do the character profiles here.  But I'd appreciate it if people let me put my character up as a sample first.  I've got some time so I should be able to get at least a rough profile for the character up today.

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2015, 06:22:11 PM »
Still a bit of a Work in Progress, but here's the profile for my character.  Please see the first post in this thread for the new profile template.

Name: Kaden Chandler
Species: Human
Appearance: Kaden is relatively short at 1.65 meters in height and has a moderate build.  (I still need to determine his exact appearance.)  Unless circumstances absolutely require him not to wear it, he is usually seen sporting a red leather jacket with the image of a predatory bird on the back.  The jacket is a relic from his speeder bike racing days, and he considers it lucky.
History: Kaden grew up near a spaceport on a backwater colony world.  During his youth he often participated in local speeder bike races, where he demonstrated the first signs of his exceptional piloting skills.  Despite -or perhaps because of- his considerable success in local races, Kaden soon set his sights off world and signed up as a crewmember aboard the tramp freighter Wandering Sun.  While his job aboard the freighter did not pay very well, it did teach him a lot about operating spacecraft.  Later on, Kaden's sense of adventure would lead him to take up the cause of the Rebel Alliance, where he served as a fighter pilot.  While he soon achieved ace status, the low pay, poor living conditions, and most importantly the extreme danger of flying fighters for the Alliance eventually led Kaden to leave the organization and go back to being a spacer.  Despite this, he still maintains several Alliance contacts, as well as some of the Alliance's spirit of justice.  It was this spirit of justice that led him to help free a twi'lek slave called ____.
(I'm not quite sure what to put next here.  I'm thinking that perhaps another of the other characters could be an old friend of Kaden's who invited him to be part of his new operation (or maybe even be a co-owner.)
Personality: Kaden is an individual with a strong sense of adventure that can make him restless.  While something of a mercenary, he still has some of the sense of justice that led him to fly for the Alliance.  He is extremely confident -one could even say cocky- about his flying skills.  In fact, he is a bit on the cocky side in general.
Skills and Abilities: Kaden is an exceptional pilot as well as a decent mechanic.  He knows how to fly both speeders and spacecraft, and is particularly adept at piloting high performances models of both.  He is decent with a blaster at range, but isn't as good at quick draw scenarions.  At close range, he relies heavily on rapid fire.  His hand to hand skills do not go much beyond throwing punches.

Offline elfguy

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2015, 09:55:55 PM »
Name: Tara Malinda

Species: Human

Appearance: Tara is petite and looks younger than she is. She has tanned skin, an athletic body and usually wears long pants with a grey tank top.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

History: Tara was born on Nar Shaddaa, slave from one of the smaller Hutt clans. When she was just 14, she and other slaves were instrumental in breaking out from their pens and killing their guards, leading to the downfall of this Hutt. Tara fled the moon and vowed never to be kept as a slave again. She trained hard to defend herself and kept away from known Hutt and bounty hunter regions, traveling around the Outer Rim, selling her services. Despite her small stature and age, her skills made her perfect for working in security.

Personality: Tara is mistrustful, mostly because of her past. She always tries to prove her worth and so will often come on strongly towards others. But once you get to know her, she is a sweet kid, who likes to laugh and have fun.

Skills and Abilities: Tara has always had to look out for herself and thus quickly learned how to take care of herself. She is very good at hand to hand combat, using melee weapons and small arms. She always has her blaster pistol on her belt, various ammo and grenade types, along with a customized blaster rifle on her back. Unfortunately her training left her little time for much else, including any sort of piloting skills, or much experience being social with others...
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 07:10:09 AM by elfguy »

Offline GardenoftheDead

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2015, 11:42:22 PM »
sounds like fun

Offline FragarachZ

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2015, 11:53:24 PM »
I think I'll look for a system game instead. Have fun with this everyone :)

Offline KirbysFolly

• Lord
  • Enchanted
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2015, 02:28:48 AM »
If somebody else is interested in playing a mechanic, I can change this character to something else. Maybe a medic or something. Just let me know.  :-)

Name: Nory
Species: Near-Human
Appearance: Slender, with white skin and dark gray hair. Nory has lavender-colored eyes, and stands about 5'6". Her hair is almost shoulder length, and she keeps it pulled together in front of each of her pointed ears.

She dresses in light-blue tunics, with tan leggings and dark-brown boots. She carries a blaster pistol, and is proficient with it, but isn't particularly skilled.
Picture

History: Nory is formerly of Taris, working in a pretty quiet mechanic's shop. Most of the shop's business was repairing swoops for racers, but they did handle other things on occasion. It was clear that the shop was never going to be more successful than it currently was, and she wasn't likely to be in the running to take it over when the owner retired or died, either.

Deciding that this life was not what she was interested in, she saved up what she could, got herself a ride to the nearest spaceport, and barely managed to get herself hired on as a mechanic on a small, rundown freighter. The captain, who she initially found charming, shortly revealed himself to be a drunk, and almost unbelievably terrible at business. The only reason he still had a ship was his inheritance from a wealthy relative, that he had already almost completely squandered.

Seeing where this was going, she jumped ship at her next opportunity, leaving her looking for work once again. At least this time she had actual experience working on starships.
Personality: Fairly quiet but friendly, Nory is mainly interested in various mechanical devices. She's curious, especially about the inner-workings of machines, and is generally slow and cautious. She prefers to plan things out, and make sure she has what she needs before she gets started.
Skills and Abilities: Nory is skilled with working on mechanical items, anything from a blaster pistol to a starship, but she's especially skilled at working on swoop bikes. Her starship skills are getting better and better, though. She can use a blaster pistol, but isn't particularly skilled with it. She is surprisingly good at using one of the heavy hydrospanners she carries as a melee weapon. She also has an uncanny sense of timing, generally knowing what time it is, and seldom, if ever, needs a timer for countdowns or checking intervals.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 05:31:58 PM by KirbysFolly »

Offline wander

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2015, 04:52:08 AM »
Looking through some species now. I'd like to play someone on the bridge if possible, like a Wash-styled pilot or an astrogator. Not Captain though. Failing that, a Gunner or something like that would be fine.

I was thinking Human or maybe a Chiss (because blue elves are cool since Nightcrawler ^^) or Mirialan (because green elves with tribal tattoos are also cool!).

Though if there's interest I could something more furry, like a Selonian. Rocket Raccoon is a fave of mine, though I don't want to put the ladies off making a move on my guy too. ;)

I could play a Nautolan too, if anyone's interested. I'm basically looking for people's opinions on these races and which one they feel more attractive.

Offline KirbysFolly

• Lord
  • Enchanted
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2015, 05:19:18 AM »
Personally, I have some weird hate-on for Nautolans. I don't know why, but I really dislike them. I'm also not a big fan of furry characters, but I don't know where others lie on that spectrum.

I'm also actually a man, so if you weren't concerned about my opinion on that, then no worries about it.  :-)

Offline Nowherewoman

• Dame
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2015, 10:34:53 AM »
Name: Tanja Lionee

Species:Twi'lek

Appearance: Average height, limited skin markings on lek' only; Slender and very toned. Old whip scars clearly visible on back, butt, and backs of thighs

History: Born a slave on a small independent asteroid mining station, Tanja's time was split between physical labor and 'entertaining' the miners, which built up both her physical strength and flexibility and a stoic acceptance of whatever happens to her.  The first time she went into a fighting ring, she was intended to be a sacrifice, to teach her a lesson for mouthing off to a client; when her speed and angry savagery actually allowed her to win the bare-knuckles match against the complaining miner, her owner realized she was far too valuable to be dong dishes and hauling trash (though not too valuable to spend a lot of her time on her back), and had her trained as a rough-and-tumble pit fighter. It was quite a draw- men paid good prices to watch her beat the living hell out of their co-workers, before taking her to bed themselves. It made them feel tougher, somehow, and who can put a price on that?

Tanj' was 'won' in a game of sabbac by a young mercenary pilot named Kaden Chandler- technically,  it was her company for the duration of his stay that was on the table, but as they say, possession is 9/10 of the law, and a good blaster is the other 10%. However the story actually played out- neither of their versions agree in detail, and they enjoy playing the tale up for an audience-  when Kaden left, Tanj' left with him, and they've been inseparable since.

Personality:  Tanja doesn't talk much, and when she does, it's soft and with a certain eyes-down affect she had beaten into her as a slave.  Don't let it fool you- she's pretty strong-willed, had to be to survive. She just finds it easier to be quiet, and convenient to have people think she's just a playfemme, though she's quite capable of raising blisters with her tongue if you really annoy her.

Off-ship, she still often dresses the part of a brainless slave girl, playing eye and arm candy to distract the rubes. Aboard, she'll wear whatever makes the most sense for what she's doing, from armor to nothing at all.  There's no body-shyness there- after her life, how could there be?

Tanj' doesn't trust men very much, besides Kaden, to whom she's quietly, fanatically loyal; she's not overly fond of humans in general, and Hutts and those working for them she hates with a passion that can get her in trouble at times.

Skills and Abilities: While she's a decent pistol shot, Tanj's strengths lie in her agility and her hand-to-hand skills. If she's wearing anything at all, she will have some sort of small weapon on hand, be it vibroblade, neural whip, or stun baton, all of which she's quite competent with; even bare, she can deliver rapid, punishing blows with her long, muscular legs and work-hardened hands. She's always up to spar, and constantly on the lookout for new trainers; she seems fixated on becoming the most efficient unarmed killing machine she can.

Not very technically inclined, the Twi's response to security systems is to avoid them, stepping lightly and dancing past sensors and trip plate until she get get close enough to break some necks.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 05:33:15 PM by Nowherewoman »

Offline wander

« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2015, 01:24:04 PM »
Personally, I have some weird hate-on for Nautolans. I don't know why, but I really dislike them. I'm also not a big fan of furry characters, but I don't know where others lie on that spectrum.

I'm also actually a man, so if you weren't concerned about my opinion on that, then no worries about it.  :-)

Well, I don't know where my guy would gravitate to, all the ladies here are really cute/hot... I wouldn't mind writing a scene with my dude and Nory, though it depends whether you're cool with that too... ^^

Anyway, it's not all about the smex, looking at the cast so far with the sheets that are in, we have;

Daril and Nowherewoman as: Kaden the pilot and Tanja, his own female Chewie type (Though a Twi'lek)
elfguy as Tara, who's a weapon expert
Kirbysfolly as Nory, who's the mechanic.

So... I'll look about, though I'm considering Astrogator, maybe the Face of the group too? Like someone who can carouse and do some hacking to get the ship and crew to places so they can get a better profit? Ship's Gunner is another role, in case we get into ship v ship action. I'm really considering like a console jockey type character, basically. Not a mechanic person, someone who is gifted in using the tech, not fixing it. A Decker, but for Star Wars. ^^;

I like stealthy characters too, so maybe someone scouty and a knife user when it comes to combat?

I'm gonna research more on the races and see what might be fitting, hopefully the others may have some opinions on what they'd like too. I don't want to pick a race that will ostracize my character, though I think human is a bit vanilla...

Potential Face-claims;

Chiss;

Mirialan;

Human;
http://grantgould7.tripod.com/art/blogshots6/Gould_SWG7smuggler_400.jpg
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 01:42:15 PM by wander »