Player Name: Toggle
Character Name: Nicolas 'Nico' Paganini
Character Alias: Dissonance
Student or Teacher: Student
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual, mostly may flirt for fun with anyone
Super Powers / Abilities:
-The ability to alter the wavelengths of sound he produces or sometimes amplifies via a musical instrument. Unaided the trick of shattering glass with a note is within his range, as well as causing structures to vibrate (minor damage at best.) As he grows in skill he’ll be able to potentially find the vibrational resonance in any item and break it.
- A secondary benefit to this power has been the ability to cause vertigo in those who see fit to hassle him. This may evolve further into nausea inducing dizziness, if directed in such a manner.
- Nicolas is also able to mimic most sounds he’s heard, though he hasn’t really trained the power for effective human voice mimicry as it feels kind of like lying to him.
- Fun fact part of Power: Nicolas counts as his own amp and doesn’t need one to play an instrument loudly enough to be heard within a smaller venue currently.
Potential Power Growth:
- Sonar/Radar: After all with the ability to manipulate sound comes the ability to do potentially learn to echolocate, possibly a first line of defense ability to learn.
- Bolstering or Hindering Sound, like the Bards of old the ability to improve or hamstring those around him in a way to assist in heroics/villainy.
- Others may come after discussions with the STs
- Nicolas is a music aficionado, some might call him a savant or a prodigy. Perhaps because of his powers, or maybe his powers came after the natural inclination. Either way he prefers the violin primarily as his musical instrument, and a method with which to convey his power more effectively.
-When using his violin, other instruments are less effective until he has time with them, His ability to amplify sound increases allowing to alter the force to damage inanimate objects up to the durability of concrete currently. This will grow with experience.
Only Human - Nicolas hasn’t really discovered a way to defend himself with his powers at this point, at least not without blasting everything around him with sound and hoping for the best. So a well aimed shot or catching him off guard will be an easy way to put him down for a conflict.
Dedication - Though his abilities should function just fine with any instrument he picks up, Nicolas finds that it seems too… shallow to assume just any instrument will do. For the full effect of his powers he needs to practice with the instrument in question and get a feel for its ‘personality.’ This is a psychological limitation that he may or may not work through.
Bio / History:
Nicolas, or Nico, grew up in a bustling metropolis, with both parents firmly ensconced in the beatnik culture of the west coast. You know the sort of place, the kind where they have bumper stickers of Keep <our city> Weird. Hippies and new agers, musicians and weirdos abounded and gave our young man the opening to the world. Fortunately, given the area’s less than standardized schooling habits, his musical capabilities were captured early in his youth. Elated his parents sent him from standard public school to a more private art institution.
Simultaneously the best and worst thing for him, at first the school seemed to welcome the young man. His mind was sharp and he was skilled at his particular art. But the other students were not necessarily so pleased to have such a prodigy with them. Given his relative youth this spelled all sorts of trouble for the young man. Pranks were one thing, and he endured them until his lack of reaction fed up his bullies. In the cafeteria one day, it’s always one day fateful non? his bullies surrounded him and had some fun roughing him up. Sure these things happen in schools no big deal. But then one took his violin and sent the antique across the room where it broke with a clatter.
The silence that drew over the cafeteria was deafening… or at least it might have been if Nick’s nascent powers hadn’t drawn in the the residual noise from the other student’s gasps of surprise as his bullies suddenly dropped to their knees retching and pitched in fever sweat. The dull hum was slowly going sharper before he was jostled by being collected by one of the school’s assistant principals. The remains of his violin were collected as well and the two were placed in the office for his parents to be retrieved.
The assistant principal as it turned out was a scout for individuals who displayed abilities beyond those of standard students. With his suggestion and his parents blessing, Nico found himself being transferred to a new school. One designed to help those like him, and who knew what else.
Basic Ons: Birds, Blue (as in his favorite color), Music of all kinds, Art both the kind you find in museums and the kind you find on people, Waterfalls and hiking, thunderstorms.
Basic Offs: Vegans, pretentious people, awkward silences, violence for its own sake, disrespectful people, bullies.
Sexual Ons: See mine
Sexual Offs: See mine
Extras: While a musical savant, Nicolas’ grades slip in other venues often as he’s easily distracted by other topics he picks up on easily. He’s also a pretty decent cook in his own head (so long as there is music playing in the background) Rumored to be descended from Niccolo Paganini
This is me announcing my interest <.<