You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 09, 2016, 09:29:37 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Where do I put a thread for personal stories, memories, poems and similar?  (Read 380 times)

Online Captain MalteseTopic starter

I would like to have a thread where I can put pretty much anything but adult stuff. Like short fiction stories and poems, but also real life experiences and thoughts and movie reviews - a graball bag for things I have written. My best guess so far is the Off Topic group but I would like to have it confirmed before I end up having to ask for the thread to be moved or even removed.

Offline Rogue

• The Bratling ~ her Mx ~ they/them unless other pronouns/gender are specified please~
  • Champion
  • Addict
  • ~Edenmon Master~ ~GenderFluid~
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?board=469.0

The non-adult story telling board would be best. :)

Offline Blythe

I would like to have a thread where I can put pretty much anything but adult stuff. Like short fiction stories and poems, but also real life experiences and thoughts and movie reviews - a graball bag for things I have written. My best guess so far is the Off Topic group but I would like to have it confirmed before I end up having to ask for the thread to be moved or even removed.

This sounds like it might be a blog, possibly?

Offline Rogue

• The Bratling ~ her Mx ~ they/them unless other pronouns/gender are specified please~
  • Champion
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
This sounds like it might be a blog, possibly?

That too. >.> Bly knows best on this one. ;)

Offline Dallas

• Absolute Equality & Compassion Advocate / 'He Who Makes Games' / The 'Twisted Crow'
  • Liege
  • Enchanter
  • "Don't push your luck..."
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
This is actually something I've been meaning to ask... what must one do to obtain a blog on E? :-)

Offline Rhedyn

This is actually something I've been meaning to ask... what must one do to obtain a blog on E? :-)

About Blogs; and, Requesting A Blog  :-)

Offline Dallas

• Absolute Equality & Compassion Advocate / 'He Who Makes Games' / The 'Twisted Crow'
  • Liege
  • Enchanter
  • "Don't push your luck..."
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
Hmmm. From the sounds of it, it could be a good medium for Captain Maltese, but not so sure for me. The public part is the only problem.

But thank you as always, Rhedyn. Good luck, Maltese, in finding what you need. :-)

I have now taken a close look at the blog concept and it is not for me. The reason? Blogs are public. You can find them with the help of google and a thousand other search tools. And I am very private person. It's for that reason that I normally avoid forums, and have neither profiles nor facebook accounts or have my phone number listed if I can help it. None of this would matter if the content I wanted to post, was just some small random fiction stories.

But I feel a bit less crowded here on E, occasionally I am willing and ready to post something of personal value, and there even are a few people I am on talking terms with here, who might read it. That's not going to happen in the public area, blog or not. Rather I'll file it to the dustbin.

Oh, and the non-adult sandbox area is also public. Same problem.

So. Any further alternatives ?

« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 07:47:13 AM by Captain Maltese »

Offline Rogue

• Champion
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
Well if you're wanting it yo be private, off topic would also be off the list. Perhaps storytelling?

Offline Peripherie

Like Rogue said there is always the storytelling forum - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?board=9.0. It doesn't have to be adult and you can put in there whatever personal/individual writings that you want. Some people tell stories while other have poem threads. You could have one that just contains all your personal writings/what-nots that you want to share on E.

Good luck!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 10:46:37 AM by Peripherie »

I took a second look at the storytelling forum and I think you guys are right, it's where a thread like the one I want will fit it.

I wish to say thanks to everyone who replied to my queries in this thread. You were a great help.

Offline Nicholas

• Mr. Nice Guy (or so I am told) :-) Jag's Mulder *muse crack* Deviously delicious - according to a certain, most awesome Liege ;) King of Terrible. Always innocent despite what Caedy says. Spoiler buttons are evil. 42,19km!
  • Knight
  • Carnite
  • #JeSuisUnAnge #ReallyIAm #BlameMads
  • View My Rolls
You also might consider putting it all in your O/O thread. Just sayin'.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 02:42:24 AM by Nicholas »