Ok, here's my attempt! Please let me know if there's anything more I need, or anything that I should change.
Terry didn't have a job back on his world, and he certainly doesn't have one now. He'll occasionally pick up a side job as he travels from place to place, enough to keep him in funds, but nothing more than that.Home World Information:
The SNK fighting world is much like earth, especially for ordinary folks. Beyond the ordinary, though... magic. Chi powers. Cloning. Aliens. Orbital space stations, with accompanying orbital laser bombardments. Loveable Igniz. All these things exist, and more, turning what would be earth with a coat of paint into earth with a coat of paint and a jet engine.
The largest event in the world was the legendary King of Fighters tournament, in which teams of fighters from all around the globe gather to compete. The tournament draws attention from ordinary and extraordinary alike, both bringing in more spectators than any other event, and attracting the involvement of powerful super-corporations, supernatural entities, or world-spanning conspiracies. Or some combination of those three, usually working to achieve some sinister goal, only to be thwarted by the victorious fighting team.
This world has fallen. As powerful as they were, the various sininster world organizations could not effectively band together. The powerful forces of The Legion, led by Shao Kahn, quickly overwhelmed their attempt at a united front. Small pockets of resistance do remain, however, led by various supernatural fighters, many of whom were once champions, or at least contenders, in the King of Fighters tournament.Appearance/Style Description:
Terry is a young man, appearing to be in his late twenties. He is slightly above average height, standing at just under six feet, and weighing about 170 pounds. He is extremely fit, lean, but with an impressive musculature, posessing the powerful physique of a professional fighter. From the thick, ropy muscles of his arms, to his broad chest and shoulders, and tight abs, he has sparingly little fat, a mixture of his hard training, and the spare, simple life he lives. His blond hair is straight and long, falling just an inch or two short of his muscular shoulders in thick layers, enough to be tied back when he fights. His eyes are a bright blue, sparkling when he smiles, which is often.
When traveling, Terry almost always wears jeans and a tight, form-fitting undershirt. Most importantly, he wears a leather bomber's jacket; good for most weather, and all situations, at least according to him. In official fights, he will sometimes switch back to his trademark red cutoff jacket and hat. Most importantly, he almost always wears his trademark black fingerless gloves, a memento of his murdered mentor and father, Jeff Bogard.Sexuality
: Heterosexual. Terry likes strong women. Strong women with impressive bust-lines are even better. (As a player, I very much enjoy actions involving breasts, so this works for me, too!) Personality:
Likeable. Friendly. Easy-going. These are all terms that can be applied to Terry. He enjoys fighting, but he always treats his opponents respectfully, and is gracious in both victory and defeat. He enjoys having a good time, and is always quick with a smile or a laugh. While Terry is used to surviving on his own, and doesn't really depend on others, friendship and family are both important to Terry, and he will always want to be there to support them, although with his travels, he isn't always.
Although he is very friendly, Terry does enjoy competition; it's one of the things he's always liked about fighting, and he'll often try to compete in other ways involving physical activity. He has a special love of basketball, and enjoys competing with others in that, too. Again, though, he does not hold grudges for losses, and is very respectful of vanquished foes.
During fights, Terry will sometimes throw out a taunt or two, a legacy of growing up on the streets combining with his love of competition. This is purely for psychological effect; Terry is not mean-spirited in his taunts.History:
Shortly before the invasion, Terry was, as he often does, travelling around, learning new fighting techniques, incorporating them into his style, and generally doing his best to experience the world. His young adoptive son, Rock Howard, had been left with friends and family, being cared for by Uncle Andy and Mai Shiranui.
When the invasion struck, it struck without warning, and quickly disabled many different sources of transportation. Terry helped to fight back against the incursion in the town he happened to be in, but he quickly left, trying to make his way back to his family. It was no use; he'd traveled to far, and with more forces of The Legion arriving every day, it soon became impossible to travel. Frustrated and as angry as he ever gets, Terry was forced out, his travels taking him from world to world.Current Situation:
Finding himself in the mortal realm, Terry has continued his travels, using New York as a home base of sorts. He's spent a great deal of time trying to gain new techniques to use against The Legion. He often helps out the G.P.A.W. when he crosses paths with them, partially to gain experience and to hurt The Legion, but mostly because it's the right thing to do. He never felt a desire to join them, until just recently, when he found out that they'd be working directly against some of the invaders that took his own world, from the Mortal Kombat world. He joined up the next day, eager to try out his newfound skills.Weapon:
Terry is armed only with his fists, his knowledge of martial arts, and his impressive ability to gather, control and release chi energy. Terry has trained in a variety of martial arts, including kickboxing, boxing, karate, and kung fu. He began training under his father at a very young age, and has been fighting on the streets since the age of ten. He has incorporated an impressive array of techniques into a single, unique, cohesive style, practiced only by him, although he'd begun training his ward, Rock.StatsStrength
- 0Special Powers:Chi Manipulation
- Terry Bogard has an unparralled (at least on his world) ability to gather chi from his surroundings, and either channel it into his strikes, or release it in a projectile burst. When he has built up enough energy through passionate fighting, he is able to channel a tremendous amount of energy through his body, unleashing a veritable geyser of damaging chi energy against his opponent.Strengths:Fighting Adaptation
- Having trained all over the globe, and taking place in tournaments that include robots, magical girls, ninja, aliens, and more, Terry has seen it all. He may be caught off guard once, but not twice, as he takes advantage of his wide variety of fighting techniques to alter his strategy to fit.Survival
- Terry is toughened both from years of fighting, and from growing up on the streets. He has an impressive ability to take punishment, and while he may not thrive anywhere, he can at least get by.Charisma
- Terry is naturally likeable, and is used to fighting in front of a croud of millions. He knows how to play to a crowd, and his natural charm and good nature only make it easier.An Eye For the Ladies
- According to his wiki, Terry can accurately guess a woman's measurements just by glancing at her. An ability that almost certainly saw a lot of use in the King of Fighter's tournament.Weaknesses:Mercy
- With one very arguable exception, Terry has never fought to the death. Indeed, the idea of doing so revolts him. Killing an opponent is just not something that Terry will willingly do, even if it is the only reasonable course of action.Lack of Breadth
- While he's travelled a lot, and seen a lot, fighting is pretty much all that Terry knows. Well, and basketball; he has a mean dunk. But while he won't often be surprised by what he sees, due to his travels, he doesn't know how to fire a gun, or even use a computer, and he doesn't really have any interest in learning, either. If a kid couldn't learn it living on the streets, Terry probably doesn't know it.MIA
- Terry is still looking for Rock and Andy, and would do almost anything to get them back.