Iessai Current Occupation:
None so farHistory:
Skyrim was supposed to have become peaceful, stable even despite the looming threat of another war with the Aldmeri Dominion. Iessai, the Dragonborn, had thought to retire in peace. Hadnít he done enough? He certainly thought so, having been all bbut personally responsible for the pacification and reintegration of Skyrim into the Empire, along with solving seemingly every little problem that popped up in his path. All he wanted to do now was fade back as much as he could from public life and raise his (adopted) daughter, Lucia.
It even worked, for a few years anyway. Iessai lived on his plot of land, still helping to solve some minor problems at the behest of old friends or the jarl. Everything seemed normal, aside from his odd lack of aging, he still appeared 34 even though everyone around him grew older. He worked his little forge, practiced with his weapons, and trained his daughter in combat. He hadnít needed to use The Voice in over 5 years. Then everything went to hell.
He discovered later that it was the Burning Legion responsible for the flaming green demons that fell from the sky that day. He was in Whiterun, delivering a custom order to Warmaidens when the sky darkened and the first of those creatures slammed into the earth. Iessai managed to kill that one, but half the town guard were dead and looking out across the land it was clear that much more were falling.
To his shame, Iessai reached his home too late. The houe was still standing, and it was clear that none of those green things had tried to enter, and for a moment hope flared in his chest. It died four minutes later, when Iessai came across the first body, his steward and former Housecarl Lydia. She was dead in the entrance to the main hall still clutching at the gash in her throat. The cook and two servants were dead in the main hall, killed just as violently as Lydia had been. Of Lucia there was no sign.
For the first time in five years the land of Skyrim experienced The Voice, a primal scream of anger and grief directed at the heavens. Iessai retrieved his weapons and armour, and then burned the house down, the little magic he knew serving to ignite the fire. And then he fought.
It was a long war, for him at least, and the days began to blur between the times he was fighting, the times he was resting and the times he was retreating. Eventually, he found himself and the last of the natives of Tamriel with nowhere left to go but the beyond. How he passed through he had no idea, but Iessai does know that it wasnít only Tamriel that was invaded, and he has joined with others fighting back against those responsible.Appearance/Style Description:
When he isnít in his armour, Iessai is a fan of plain and simple clothing, and of jeans and a t-shirt in particular.Sexuality
: Heterosexual male. Enjoys a bit of bondage and rough sex but hasn't exactly explored all that much. Personality:
Iessai is not exactly the gentle sort, particularly after the loss of his daughter Lucia. During the five years of peace, he had become much more serious, planning for his future and the future of his daughter, avoiding risks, and not popping into every cave just because "there might be something interesting inside". The loss of his home seems to have regressed him back to a carefree adventurer once more. He can be relaxed and easygoing, acting very much the rough and ready man of action he had once been.
This is all a defence, though a convincing one. Were he to be examined by a psychologist it would be discovered that he has dealt with the loss of his daughter and whatever semblance of family he may have had by simply "erasing" that time period from his life. Whenever children are mentioned, he noticeably quiets, and does his best to change the subject should anyone try and pry too deeply into his past. Perhaps the only way what he once was manifests itself is in his unwillingness to risk innocent lives, or to be responsible for the deaths of noncombatants, unless there is literally no other option available. In such cases he withdraws into a sort of funk for a time period. To say he is a death-seeker would be inaccurate, but not far off. He will not try to get himself killed, and will do his best to live in order to continue fighting those who caused him this pain, but if death comes for him, he will not be found in terror. Home World Information:
Tamriel, Skyrim to be precise. Overrun, or mostly overrun the last he had seen of it.Current Situation:
A member of G.P.A.W, he fights as best he can to avenge himself upon the enemy.Weapon:
1) Dragonbone Sword: Iessai hasnít found anything he prefers more as of yet, so he keeps his old weapons. His sword has been heavily enchanted to be almost unbreakable, though the key word is almost.
2) Dragonbone Armour: Like his sword, he hasnít found anything better, and itís been enchanted to resist flames.
3) Legionnaire Shield: This was enchanted to be practically impervious to magic and projectiles, but is a bit unwieldy. Stats
- 2 Power
- 1 Reputation
- 0Special Powers:
1) Dragonshout: Iessai is still in possession of his dragonshout abilities, though for some reason using them leaves him feeling more strained than usual, and he's only able to remember one of them.
- 1: Unrelenting Force: Projects a physical blow from the shout, the more force he puts into it, the stronger it is when it hits. Reachs out in a cone from his mouth for about 15ft before dissipating.
2) Beast Form: As a member of the Inner Circle of the Companions, Iessai has the ability to transform into a werewolf. He can only do so once per day, and suffers nightmares after the use of this power.
3) Flames: While he hasn't practiced magic in years, since his first stint in the Imperial Legion really, he does remember enough to shoot flames from his hands. While not the most damaging thing, it can serve as a nasty surprise if his opponent doesn't expect it. Also quite handy for lighting a fire while on campaign, either for food or more destructive purposes.Strengths:
1) Expert Swordsman: Long years of practice, followed by the intense fighting against the Legion gave Iessai a huge edge with his sword.
2) Battle Planning: He served in the Imperial Legion twice, before and during the civil war in Skyrim. While not exactly general material, he is more than competent at commanding small units.
3) Blacksmith Extraordinaire: Constant practice at his forge has left him able to create just about anything using his tools. Granted, itís almost entirely weapons and armour for close combat, and he has very little experience with materials from the modern or even futuristic worlds, but he is eager to learn.
4) Mediator: Despite never having trained in the art, he was thrust into the role of mediator and diplomat during the Skyrim Civil War due to his position and status. He was quite good at it, and desired nothing more than to ensure that the various groups of whatever makeshift force he was in charge of got along as well as possible.Weaknesses:
1) No Range: Iessai has a basic understanding of how to use a bow, and is quickly appreciating (and learning) how useful a firearm can be, but he doesnít carry either. Accordingly, he can bash things in the face and skewer them in uncomfortable places, but only if theyíre within reach of his sword or fists.
2) Caution: While not normally a weakness, Iessia does tend to second guess himself if there are lives other than his on the line, particularly non-combatants. He will always try to find a way to spare those who cannot fight, no matter what it costs.