TamperMonkey Script

Started by Ssieth, June 09, 2015, 05:27:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ssieth

Quote from: Andronica on June 01, 2020, 09:19:22 AM
Oh I did notice the quotations looked a bit strange! That must be it. :)

Hokay - just committed v1.42.5 to the release location so that should be available to everyone very shortly.  It handles 'smart quotes' for speech styling  :)
Posting Status: Hoping for 1-3 per week / game
My ONs and OFFs Page (8th April 2024)
One-on-one ideas (8th April 2024)
Possible Absences (13th November 2023)

My Tampermonkey Script for Elliquiy

PM me here or find me as ssieth on discord.

Ssieth

Oops - I hadn't pushed the latest version (still a bit of a doofus where GitHub is concerned) but it should be there now if you want to update :)

FoxWriter

i honestly had no idea there was difference in quotation marks! thank you for looking into it Sseith. >> i use this Script so much i'm kind of lost without it xD
[tr][td]
My Cafe[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Choose your own adventure : Fates be Chosen[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]50 Tales[/td][/tr]
[tr][td] Word of the Day[/td]
[/tr][/table]

Andronica

Quote from: Ssieth on June 01, 2020, 09:24:12 AM
Hokay - just committed v1.42.5 to the release location so that should be available to everyone very shortly.  It handles 'smart quotes' for speech styling  :)

Thank you! <33

Ssieth

Quote from: FoxWriter on June 01, 2020, 09:39:28 AM
i honestly had no idea there was difference in quotation marks! thank you for looking into it Sseith. >> i use this Script so much i'm kind of lost without it xD

You're all very welcome :)  I just makes me smile to know that folks are using my software and getting something positive from it :)

FoxWriter

this might be a really silly question but how do i actually update this thing? does it do it automatically or do i reinstall it or?
[tr][td]
My Cafe[/td][/tr]
[/tr][/table]

Ssieth

Quote from: FoxWriter on June 01, 2020, 02:49:57 PM
this might be a really silly question but how do i actually update this thing? does it do it automatically or do i reinstall it or?

It should auto-update given long enough but you can also update by selecting "Get Latest Update" from the "Script Settings" menu :)

FoxWriter

[tr][td]
My Cafe[/td][/tr]
[/tr][/table]

Nowherewoman

So...the new version seems to have obliterated all of my custom bookmarks?

Going to see if I can re-sync with your server, cabbit, but something you ought to be aware of.

Update:  So DLing the settings from your server restored all my bookmark headers...but none of the bookmarks themselves.

Big problem, since I had a LOT of links to Staff stuff in there that I use daily.  They're still in my vanilla bookmarks list, so I HAVE them; just that rebuilding the categories is gonna be a PITA.

Furher update:

So if I click on a header, it does seem to populate each custom list correctly- for about .5 seconds. Then it defaults to a blank bookmarks page.
My eyes are a window to the storm that's getting close.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

and mea culpas  (A/As): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221151.0

Ssieth

Quote from: Nowherewoman on June 01, 2020, 04:28:11 PM
So...the new version seems to have obliterated all of my custom bookmarks?

Going to see if I can re-sync with your server, cabbit, but something you ought to be aware of.

Update:  So DLing the settings from your server restored all my bookmark headers...but none of the bookmarks themselves.

Big problem, since I had a LOT of links to Staff stuff in there that I use daily.  They're still in my vanilla bookmarks list, so I HAVE them; just that rebuilding the categories is gonna be a PITA.

Furher update:

So if I click on a header, it does seem to populate each custom list correctly- for about .5 seconds. Then it defaults to a blank bookmarks page.

That sounds really odd.  I've not touched the bookmark code at all.  Let me do another update to add the bookmark data to the debug output and we can see about what in your bookmark data is doing weidness...

Ssieth

OK, Nowherewoman.  I've pushed a new version to the server (v1.42.6) that adds the bookmark tagging info to the debug information.

You can switch on the debug info in the settings (near the bottom of general settings).  That adds a bright yellow panel to the bottom of every page and one of the sections on the panel is 'Bookmarks' now.  If you could email that to me at elliquiy@ssieth.co.uk (or any other email you have for me) - I can take a look and see if I can find anything wrong with it :)

Ssieth

Oh - and something you can try in my absence (I am about to go to bed).

First of all make sure you have a copy of your settings (from export as well as cabbit, just in case).  Uninstall the script entirely from TamperMonkey (or whatever other plugin you are using) and then reinstall.  Sometimes it somehow gets tangled with two copies installed at the same time and that causes havoc. 

Once reinstalled, you'll need to import your settings again.

Nowherewoman

Not seeing anything in the debug panel other than my username.  Interestingly, on exporting the settings, it looks as if they're all there, so it seems to be specifically a display issue. Going to try a reinstall.

AH-HAH Moment:  I should have looked at the Tampermonkey panel FIRST. It was showing 2 active instances of the script. Turning one off removed the issue.  So now I should need to remove one of them.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

Ssieth

If that fails, wing me a copy of the data from the export dialog box and I can work from that.  It's a little messier than the debug panel but I have tools that can tease it out a bit :)

Nowherewoman

Quote from: Ssieth on June 01, 2020, 05:42:44 PM
If that fails, wing me a copy of the data from the export dialog box and I can work from that.  It's a little messier than the debug panel but I have tools that can tease it out a bit :)

Fixed!  Sorry, hun. I failed to grasp Taw Kwon Debug. Boot me in the head!

Ssieth

Quote from: Nowherewoman on June 01, 2020, 05:44:03 PM
Fixed!  Sorry, hun. I failed to grasp Taw Kwon Debug. Boot me in the head!

Woo!  Glad it's fixed :D

Nowherewoman

Just for everyone's info- there appears to be something glitchy with Sleep mode in Win10 (glitches in Windows? nooooo!) that can, in certain circumstances, muck up the Chrome/new Tampermonkey combination.  If you start getting Tampermonkey errors when you open the browser, and/or it shows no script installed on the site, try rebooting. Not sure where the issue lies, though it only appeared with the latest TM update.

Sleep mode on Win10 is, in fact, a trashfire. But that's another discussion.

FoxWriter

mine is still running on v1.39.0. is that the right version for the new update? i thought Sseith said 1.42.6 but it's not finding new updates?
[tr][td]
My Cafe[/td][/tr]
[/tr][/table]

Ssieth

Quote from: FoxWriter on June 02, 2020, 08:14:54 AM
mine is still running on v1.39.0. is that the right version for the new update? i thought Sseith said 1.42.6 but it's not finding new updates?

Ah - that's the old version from where it used to be hosted.  It's now hosted elsewhere so you will need to select "Get Latest Update" on the "Script Settings" menu :)  That should do the trick although there is risk of it getting to versions installed alongside one another.  If you have problems after updating, prod me and I'll talk you through sorting it :)

Ssieth

Quote from: Ssieth on June 02, 2020, 08:17:32 AM
Ah - that's the old version from where it used to be hosted.  It's now hosted elsewhere so you will need to select "Get Latest Update" on the "Script Settings" menu :)  That should do the trick although there is risk of it getting to versions installed alongside one another.  If you have problems after updating, prod me and I'll talk you through sorting it :)

And I'm braindead today.... that menu item will take you to the old location because the old script doesn't know that you need to go to the new place....

https://github.com/Ssieth/eli-userscript/raw/master/eli.user.js

That link should sort ya :)

The latest version is v1.42.6 and you should always be able to check what the latest version is at  https://github.com/Ssieth/eli-userscript/ which has brief version info for every version beyond a certain point.  There's nothing functionally new in v1.42.6 over the previous version (v1.42.5) so if you are on that one I wouldn't recommend bothering with a manual upgrade.

FoxWriter

ahh there it goes! thank you very much. lol i thought i was doing it wrong. XD i usually do. as much as i love computers, they kind of hate me lol. (i even managed to screw up a discord update once. that was fun.)
[tr][td]
My Cafe[/td][/tr]
[/tr][/table]

Ssieth

Quote from: FoxWriter on June 02, 2020, 08:20:38 AM
ahh there it goes! thank you very much. lol i thought i was doing it wrong. XD i usually do. as much as i love computers, they kind of hate me lol. (i even managed to screw up a discord update once. that was fun.)

Nah - just me being an idiot and not realising that the old script doesn't know where the new one is ;p

You should be set from now on as I've no plans to move away from using GitHub to maintain the script now.  I moved to GitHub to a) keep proper version control and b) allow other people to edit the script if they wanted :)

FoxWriter

i have no idea what a git hub is but i love this script and i missed my blue speech so much. you are the best. absolutely a rockstar ^^
[tr][td]
My Cafe[/td][/tr]
[/tr][/table]

Ssieth

Quote from: FoxWriter on June 02, 2020, 08:23:26 AM
i have no idea what a git hub is but i love this script and i missed my blue speech so much. you are the best. absolutely a rockstar ^^

::bows::  GitHub is an amazing free service that keeps a copy of my script (and every previous version back as far as v1.40.0) so that folks can get hold of it easily and we can all get back to earlier versions if I have a brain-fart and do something more silly than normal at some point and break things badly.

Nymphadora

Yes, github is great!
Your script is even better! ;) Another big thanks for all you've done, Sseith. I can't stand when I am on my phone and unable to use the script while moving about E.
A&As UPDATED Oct 26/23

Rate:Weekly give or take
Availability:
Unavailable for new plottings, sorry.
O&Os Please review
♪As flawed as you may think you are, you're perfect to me!♪