News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

TamperMonkey Script

Started by Ssieth, June 09, 2015, 05:27:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

persephone325

Quote from: Andronica on May 04, 2019, 05:53:58 AM
Mozilla is experiencing some weirdness and has disabled add-ons - though I don't know if this is happening for every Firefox user.

I'm scouring Reddit for possible fixes so I can get back to using this script/TamperMonkey ASAP. (or I may just switch to Chrome 'til Firefox sorts itself out)

Yeah. I'm having that problem, but everything still seems to be working for me in regards to the script. *shrug*
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Amaris

Quote from: Andronica on May 04, 2019, 05:53:58 AM
Mozilla is experiencing some weirdness and has disabled add-ons - though I don't know if this is happening for every Firefox user.

I'm scouring Reddit for possible fixes so I can get back to using this script/TamperMonkey ASAP. (or I may just switch to Chrome 'til Firefox sorts itself out)

It's happening for a lot. Some people had fixes here.

Ziether

There isn't a way to turn off just the functionality that highlights text within specific quotation marks as blue, is there?
Under Emergency Maintenance

Peripherie

Quote from: Ziether on July 22, 2019, 03:09:29 PM
There isn't a way to turn off just the functionality that highlights text within specific quotation marks as blue, is there?

Yes! When you hover over Script Settings - you actually click on the words 'Script Settings'. Then you click on 'Speech Styling' and you can disable everything or change the color. You can also include or not include the quotation marks in the coloring. Be sure to scroll down and click save.

I don't know if you will have to reopen the browser tab/window to make it start working or not. I turned it off a while ago myself. :)
"Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher
storm, but to add color to my sunset sky." - Rabindranath Tagore

Ziether

>.<

I...never saw that menu until just now. Thanks. I'll go back to my little hole now.
Under Emergency Maintenance

Peripherie

Quote from: Ziether on July 22, 2019, 03:17:12 PM
>.<

I...never saw that menu until just now. Thanks. I'll go back to my little hole now.

Nuuuu... *offers hugs* Because of the hover drop-down function I didn't click and realize there was a menu until someone mentioned something here too.
"Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher
storm, but to add color to my sunset sky." - Rabindranath Tagore

Jaclyn

My dear Ssieth,

  I believe Vekseid, the boss of this place, to be in the final throes of testing the new software (ElkArte) he intends to deploy here replacing SMF. Have you considered contacting him to test your scripts in his test area which he almost certainly has hidden away somewhere for trusted testers. Because honestly, I think I’ve forgotten how to play without using Snippets.

Hugs,
  — J

NightLux

Quote from: Jaclyn on August 10, 2019, 03:58:36 PM
My dear Ssieth,

  I believe Vekseid, the boss of this place, to be in the final throes of testing the new software (ElkArte) he intends to deploy here replacing SMF. Have you considered contacting him to test your scripts in his test area which he almost certainly has hidden away somewhere for trusted testers. Because honestly, I think I’ve forgotten how to play without using Snippets.

Hugs,
  — J

I know its not quite the point of the thread, but are there any updates to that timing?
[tr][td]
[/td][td]
RP Status: Seeking new partners
RL Status: Looking forward to my birthday!
Solo Status: 0 (due) / 3 (total)
In Development: 0
Group Due: 0 (due) / 0 (total)
[/td][/tr][/table]

Jaclyn

This from yesterday https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=310478.0. Every so often, I run a Search for Elkarte by User Vekseid.

Since Vekseid seems to prominently post when he needs something from us as he did for the Os/Os Matrix, I’m trusting he’ll keep us informed.

Vekseid

Chances are fairly decent that most of Ssieth's script will still work after the upgrade. If it doesn't and she's not back by then I can look into it.

Mister Morgue

I feel like this might be noted in the thread somewhere, but, is the script reliant upon Username and not the displayed name? As I've changed my name, now it's showing all my posts as being owed, even if I was the last person to post in them. If it's reliant upon user ID#, what the heck is going on. Because changing my username wouldn't effect my user ID number, so if that's the case I don't know what the hell's going on.

I thought clearing my cache might have adjusted it, but no luck. If it's reliant upon username (which stays the same when you change your name on E), then that would explain why things went wonky on me now.

BlueOrange

My guess would be that user ID is not included in the HTML, which would mean it’s not available to the script. Given that usernames are mostly stable, I’d be willing to do it that way if I were writing it.

Mister Morgue

Quote from: BlueOrange on October 31, 2019, 04:21:37 AM
My guess would be that user ID is not included in the HTML, which would mean it’s not available to the script. Given that usernames are mostly stable, I’d be willing to do it that way if I were writing it.

I don't know enough about javascript to really say. When I looked at the code to see if I could suss it out at all, just so I could know, the only thing I found was that it looked for the last user by user.id - whatever that is, I'm not sure if it's the ID# or if it's the person's username. I just assumed that since the site uses your ID# to keep track of you as a user, that would be how the script did it. I suppose I can only hope that Ssieth sees my question and can give me an answer in either regard. I don't know if it's a thing that can be fixed, or changed, and I'm sure that it's pretty complicated. Or, at least I assume it is.

For me the post owed auto tag is one of the things I've been using for so long it's almost like I can hardly function without it XD I just need to know if there's something I can do to get it working again, or if it's out of my hands at this point because I changed my display name.

Nowherewoman

I've poked the cabbit elsewhere- hopefully they'll have a free moment to nip over and at least answer questions.
Instead of obsessing on the person you want to be, focus on who you DON'T want to be. It's much easier to not do certain things than to break your head on some ideal of yourself.

When the dust settles, you may find out you've become who you were supposed to be all along.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

and mea culpas  (A/As): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221151.0

Mister Morgue

Quote from: Nowherewoman on October 31, 2019, 06:50:28 AM
I've poked the cabbit elsewhere- hopefully they'll have a free moment to nip over and at least answer questions.

Thank you~ <3

Ssieth

Hello there :)

Sorry for lack of response but I've been taking an extended break from Eli.  There will certainly be some issues switching over to the new site as the script is pretty senstive to finding specific things in the HTML of the pages.  It should all be fixable, though, if I can grab a little time testing it on the new site.  Is there a link anywhere I can poke and prod at the new site or is it not available yet?
Posting Status: Hoping for 1-3 per week / game
My ONs and OFFs Page (13th November 2023)
One-on-one ideas (5th July 2023)
Possible Absences (13th November 2023)

My Tampermonkey Script for Elliquiy

PM me here or find me as ssieth on discord.

Mister Morgue

I don't know about that, you'd have to ask Veks about it.

My question was: I recently changed my displayed username (Your log-in remains the same as your initial username that you created on joining E). I use the Posts Owed feature of the script, but now all of my posts show as me owing them, even if I was the last person to post in it. I thought that the script used user ID#, so I'm not sure why this might be happening.
I cleared out my cache, and even uninstalled and re-installed the plugin to see if that might sort it out with no luck.

Any ideas?

Ssieth

Quote from: Mister Morgue on October 31, 2019, 09:29:52 AM
I don't know about that, you'd have to ask Veks about it.

My question was: I recently changed my displayed username (Your log-in remains the same as your initial username that you created on joining E). I use the Posts Owed feature of the script, but now all of my posts show as me owing them, even if I was the last person to post in it. I thought that the script used user ID#, so I'm not sure why this might be happening.
I cleared out my cache, and even uninstalled and re-installed the plugin to see if that might sort it out with no luck.

Any ideas?

I've pm'd Veks so hopefully can get working on a version that works with the new site soonish.  Ideally, it'd be good to know the script worked from day 1 :)

As for recognizing users, the sript users the username, I think.  I'lll take a propper look when I'm at home this evening.  Currently I'm accessing Eli from via proxy at work and so none of the scripts I have run...

Mister Morgue

Quote from: Ssieth on October 31, 2019, 09:33:50 AM
I've pm'd Veks so hopefully can get working on a version that works with the new site soonish.  Ideally, it'd be good to know the script worked from day 1 :)

As for recognizing users, the sript users the username, I think.  I'lll take a propper look when I'm at home this evening.  Currently I'm accessing Eli from via proxy at work and so none of the scripts I have run...

Oki doki! Thanks for looking into it!

Ssieth

Quote from: Mister Morgue on October 31, 2019, 09:37:01 AM
Oki doki! Thanks for looking into it!

Hooookay... here's what I have learned from looking into it so far...  For bookmarks and games in which you owe a move (and a pile of other things) it works on username.  Any time you see user.id in stripts, that's what it is referring to :)

It gets your username by looking at your profile page so will assume that your username is whatever is set there.  If you want to see who it thinks you are, you can switch on "Debugging Information" in the Script Settings (it's under the General section).  That will add a yellow pannel to the bottom of the page with a load of info in, including what it thinks your username is.

Now - it tries to match that information up against the name for whoever last posted in a given topic in your bookmarks.  If that's the same username then it marks it as not owed and if it isn't then it assumes that you owe a post there (hence it only really works for one-on-one games).

Um... I hope that might explain what you are seeing and that maybe it means you just need to wait it out until you next post in those topics.

Mister Morgue

I have posted in several topics since I did the name change, and all it does is move those to the top of my "owed" list rather than marking them as no longer owed.

My issue, I think, is that I changed my display name. My username is still the same (as I cannot change that) but my displayed name is different. I had initially assumed it went by User ID# which is the same regardless as to your display name.

I suppose then there's nothing I can do about the posts owed auto tagging. I even tried using the replies auto tagging, but that doesn't really work either.

EDIT: Yeah, It's going on my old name.

Ssieth

Quote from: Mister Morgue on October 31, 2019, 03:24:13 PM
I have posted in several topics since I did the name change, and all it does is move those to the top of my "owed" list rather than marking them as no longer owed.

My issue, I think, is that I changed my display name. My username is still the same (as I cannot change that) but my displayed name is different. I had initially assumed it went by User ID# which is the same regardless as to your display name.

I suppose then there's nothing I can do about the posts owed auto tagging. I even tried using the replies auto tagging, but that doesn't really work either.

EDIT: Yeah, It's going on my old name.

OK - let me see if I can find a way for it to use  your display name... I'll need to do a bit experimentation at my end...

Mister Morgue

Quote from: Ssieth on October 31, 2019, 03:32:30 PM
OK - let me see if I can find a way for it to use  your display name... I'll need to do a bit experimentation at my end...

Sorry to be a pain in the butt! >_<; Thank you for looking into it, at the very least!

Ssieth

No problem - your question brought me back to Eli (in a slightly roundabout way) and it's making me want to jump into some games so I should be thanking you, really :)

Could you do me a favour and grab me a screenshot of the top section of your profile?  Down to about where it says Last Active if there's nothing you feel is sensitive in there :)  I'm trying to work out how it's different if you have a different display name :)

Mister Morgue

Quote from: Ssieth on October 31, 2019, 03:37:20 PM
No problem - your question brought me back to Eli (in a slightly roundabout way) and it's making me want to jump into some games so I should be thanking you, really :)

Could you do me a favour and grab me a screenshot of the top section of your profile?  Down to about where it says Last Active if there's nothing you feel is sensitive in there :)  I'm trying to work out how it's different if you have a different display name :)

Aww, I'm glad that you got back into some stories!

Here's a screenshot, I just hid my IP address :B (not that it matters all that much)

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

EDIT: I should say I'm not sure if this looks different to non O/G levels. o_o;