You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

November 19, 2017, 06:44:25 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Greasemonkey Script  (Read 41322 times)

Offline SsiethTopic starter

Re: Greasemonkey Script
« Reply #400 on: November 02, 2017, 07:04:35 AM »
It's donessss!

Thank goodness! I really didn't feel like doing my bookmarks over again. Thanks bunches!  ;D

No problem.  I will get an automated sync option done at some point.  But I want to make sure that it doesn't overwrite anything with older settings and that it's possible to optionally skip different settings if you want them to be different from one browser to another (I have images off at work, for example).

Offline Nowherewoman

« Reply #401 on: November 02, 2017, 07:59:43 AM »
I...had no idea one could do this to begin with. Tres cool!

« Reply #402 on: November 02, 2017, 09:43:29 AM »
I...had no idea one could do this to begin with. Tres cool!

'tis new because I suddenly chance upon a way to bypass the browser's cross-site-scripting protections :)  Basically, for very good reasons, the browser doesn't really like a script getting information from or sending information to sites that aren't the one you are currently on.  There are ways around it, though, and they're actually fairly simple when you know them :)  So... now when you do that export it contacts a page I have on cabbit.org.uk and sends the settings information there.  When you import it does the opposite and grabs that info back :)

I use to to periodically sync between work and home computers :)  Because work is pretty relaxed and as long as I don't have nsfw piccies on my screen then they're pretty OK with most stuff so I can browse here during breaks.

« Reply #403 on: November 02, 2017, 03:00:56 PM »
New update for v1.36.2 and in response to a security flaw that Reno pointed out :)

The issue, in a nutshell, was that it was relatively easy for someone to work out the url required to download your settings if you exported to cabbit.org.uk.   This is a problem if you want to be sure that your settings are private.

The solution is a new setting (under the new "Import / Export" category).  This setting is "Export Key" and works a bit like a password.  If you don't enter anything in the field then things continue to operate as before and your settings can probably be read by anyone who wants to make a serious effort.  Put something in here and people (including you) can only get at those settings if they know the export key as well as your username.

It isn't was secure as a password so don't use a password you care about keeping secret.

If you don't care about keeping your settings secret then you don't have to use the new field. 

If you want me to delete old sets of settings you may already have exported then let me know :)

Offline persephone325

• E's Resident Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier Addict | Bucky Bait | Howling's Dagger | Resident Wiccan | Proud Echelon | Winter Widow | Queen of the Underworld, if you prefer | A sentient pile of kittens | Always blame Bucky
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • Ready to comply...
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #404 on: November 16, 2017, 06:25:13 PM »
My FF updated to the "Quantum", or whatever it's called. So I downloaded the new version of Greasemonkey, and now the Elliquiy script won't work anymore.

It seems they've gotten rid of the "Manage User Scripts" option from the drop-down menu.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 06:32:47 PM by persephone325 »

« Reply #405 on: November 17, 2017, 09:51:01 AM »
Hi,

Yes - the new GM plugin has broken everything.  I've switched to using the tampermonkey plugin and that seems to be working.  I need to work through the GM4 documentation and get it all working with the new plugin. At that point you would be able to switch back.

In the meantime, though, https://tampermonkey.net/ is the place to get something that works :)

Offline persephone325

• E's Resident Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier Addict | Bucky Bait | Howling's Dagger | Resident Wiccan | Proud Echelon | Winter Widow | Queen of the Underworld, if you prefer | A sentient pile of kittens | Always blame Bucky
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • Ready to comply...
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #406 on: November 17, 2017, 05:25:14 PM »
Hi,

Yes - the new GM plugin has broken everything.  I've switched to using the tampermonkey plugin and that seems to be working.  I need to work through the GM4 documentation and get it all working with the new plugin. At that point you would be able to switch back.

In the meantime, though, https://tampermonkey.net/ is the place to get something that works :)

Ah. I thought that might have been the case.

Thank you for letting me know. ^^