I guess I'm long overdue for writing a "Cravings" thread, if for no other reason than to not have to keep writing up new "Looking For" posts all the time.
This should keep my many jumbled ideas for story lines at least all in one central spot, as well as lay out some of my expectations for a good RP that may not be in my Ons & Offs
Speaking of which ...
1) I write multi-paragraph posts. I'm a detail junkie, and I tend to write what my character's thinking as well as what that character's doing. My posts tend to be one of two lengths - long, and way too long. I don't expect a good writing partner to necessarily match my frequently overwritten posts, but I'll be honest - if you're writing relatively short 1-2 paragraph responses to one of my posts, I'm not going to be a happy partner.
2) Perhaps more importantly, I want writing partners who don't just simply react to what I write, and nothing more. My favorite writing partners are true collaborators with me, pushing RPs in directions I don't always expect, but adding something fresh and original to story lines. That's fun. Just writing a response to one of my posts without giving me something new to work with, or to help move a story along? Not so fun.
3) On the flip side, no god-moding my characters, please. Don't presume in-character to know what my character is thinking, or to write posts where you're controlling my character's every action.
4) I post slow. If you're in a one-on-one RP with me, you can expect about a post a week from me. Perhaps more if my muse is cooperative and I'm feeling frisky, but one's realistic. If you want faster, you probably want a different writing partner.
5) In general, my RPs tend to gravitate towards what I call highfalutin' literary smut. :) I try taking clichéd ideas and tropes - a boss seducing his secretary, for example - and then putting a different twist or spin on that cliché to make it something a little different. I also tend to like ideas that involve what I'll call "inappropriate" relationships, as I'll note below.
6) I like plotting out my RPs in detail. Any RP I agree to usually involves a bunch of PMs where we discuss the characters and possibly story ideas at length. If you'd rather just completely improvise or 'wing it', we're probably not a good match. I enjoy spontaneity and improvising as well, but I work much better if I have a rough framework for a story in mind when I'm writing.I'm not actively looking for new RPs.
If I am, you'll know - I'll put a detailed story idea in this thread. However, below are the types of pairings I generally enjoy. If you've got a story idea involving one of these pairing, I'll at least entertain listening to the idea - if I like it, it might be something I'll be willing to try with a new partner.
Brother/sisterEdit: Please, no more mother/son requests. I've been getting about 10 unsolicited requests for this type of pairing a week, especially of the "they're estranged, but then they get back together and fall in love ..." variety. I'm just overloaded and uninterested in any brand new RPs with that pairing. Sorry ...Professional
Boss/intern or administrative assistant
General office affairs
Significant age differences between characters (12+ years or more) is something I've found interesting to explore of late as well.
I also really enjoy writing dark comedies, where the characters are awful, reprehensible people that do a lot of awful, reprehensible things to each other. The movie "Horrible Bosses" is probably a good example of this, as well as the television program "Peep Show". In that vein, I'm also a sucker for any RP that's a parody of a trashy reality TV show.My O/Os
should give a good expectation of the sort of content I'm looking for in my RPs, as well as what I don't
Also, while I don't generally go for fandom sorts of RPs, a really
good story involving one of following might get me to change my mind:
Game of Thrones
Doctor Who (particularly the old 'classic' series)
And anything involving Cosima from Orphan Black
If I do have a particular craving for a specific story, though, I'll post it below.
Thanks for reading. :)