You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 10, 2016, 10:07:52 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Name my demon!  (Read 221 times)

Offline KimmyTopic starter

• Curiosity's pet & Muse's spark. Chained with a Demon's darkness & lifted atop an Angel's passion!
  • Champion
  • Enchanted
  • Darkness holds the most fascinating Rainbows!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Name my demon!
« on: May 28, 2015, 09:18:58 AM »
g'day folks, I have a role playing conundrum! I have a character with a demon bound into their skin. Now at the moment this demon is mostly fluff and flavour, a backstory you can talk too and occasionally hear talk back. Their visualised as a set of shifting, living tattoos on her skin. But they need a name. my character is a raven like humanoid with black feather wings called a Terra. She's a paladin in a D&D game. The demons is trying to teach Terra to indulge and enjoy life- as a means to temptation and well, live a more interesting path than the usual strict paladin. so terra tends to be a light hearted, playful personality that enjoys all the simple pleasures in life. Falling rain and jumping in puddles, the wind in her feathers, good food and good company. :)

Anyway, if you have suggestions for Demonic names post them here. suggestions, lists, themes, generators, naming conventions, impossible to pronounce thingies and more- I want to hear it all!

Thankies in advance,
Kimmy

Offline Warlock

Re: Name my demon!
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 10:17:08 AM »
''Heed my words, I bring good tidings, Paladin of Light and Goodness. I am a Warlock of the Seventh Sanctum, offering you to freely use our library filled with ancient tomes and scrolls, so you may identify the evil spirit who infects and corrupts your physical body.''

Within the west wing, you'll find the names of both the heavenly host and demonic spirits. Their names carry power and I suggest you do not speak them out loud, for both the divine and abyssal beings may heed your call and manifest before you. I can not promise your safety should you do so.

Perhaps your...hmm...companion is of an otherworldly nature, beyond the realms of good and evil. Then the astronomy tower is your destination. Our ocular telescope can read the stars and their movements, telling us a great many things of the future and past and the name of your spirit may also be hidden there. The mesmerizing dark abyss of space may leave you changed, even insane, if you gaze into for too long, so be careful, young Paladin there's still much you need to do before you call.

Rember, knowledge always comes with a price so be prepared for the challenges to come.

Offline KimmyTopic starter

• Curiosity's pet & Muse's spark. Chained with a Demon's darkness & lifted atop an Angel's passion!
  • Champion
  • Enchanted
  • Darkness holds the most fascinating Rainbows!
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2015, 10:56:04 AM »
Thank you Warlock. So far the only generated name I like is "Salesael" but I definitely have my fill of unpronounceable names now. And well, your beautful flair of imagination has been a delight upon my soul tonight.

Thankies!

(Still totally looking for more suggestions! Post away people!)

Offline AEvum

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2015, 02:28:58 AM »
Hariti. She was a demon who redeemed herself and became the goddess of childbirth in Buddhism.

Offline Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2015, 09:36:43 AM »
In a similar vein, the peri from Persian mythology was also an evil spirit that was later redeemed.