You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.
October 27, 2016, 09:53:36 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: A demon working for Goodness? - A fantasy PC looking for the right game.  (Read 131 times)

Offline KimmyTopic starter

• Curiosity's pet & Muse's spark. Chained with a Demon's darkness & lifted atop an Angel's passion!
  • Champion
  • Enchanted
  • Darkness holds the most fascinating Rainbows!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
So for a while now I've had a hankering to play a nice Demon. The sort who has managed to get themselves contracted to the forces of light. Obviously there will be a pact (or binding or similar) which doesn't have to be all that relevant to the story. The catch is, the Demon is now stuck trying to help the forces of light/goodness/all things fluffy... And well, they add their wonderfully dark perspective to all the character's dealings. This could be a powerful monstrous D&D/Pathfinder PC or something lighter to suit your game. The Pathfinder Race builders guide & various D&D templates would allow most games that have a few levels to work well with the idea.

Another spin was a character who tricked the Demon into marriage - speaking old vows that entrust each other's soul & being into the other - but when spoken by a demon, these word hold true power & become a binding contract - in essence creating true love between the pair. Of course, their unbalanced natures will take time to establish themselves & adjust to one another. Slowly, the pair will become more & more compatible - be it as quarreling opposites or finding some balance between the light and dark. Perhaps even redeeming or corrupting the other completely... Or even trading natures entirely?

The story isn't to be solely about the demon. But it's just the character I'd like to play. A dark, demon who is used to force & power to get things done, now dealing with mortals all the time. And being stuck in the mortal realm, is forced to confront mortal issues & the minor weirdness they all possess. Also, constantly working for the light, perhaps trading souls even... Could all be infectious - starting a very slow redemption of sorts. Or at least, a change in nature. And if there is marriage, soul swapping & true love created from their vows, could the Demon & their lover have true loves of their own? Creating a complicated foursome of opposing natures?

We all love deep, complicated characters. And this character needs someone to be their handler, wife/husband, binder, summoner... - and well, I'd love a small group of ordinary folks to contrast their immortal attitudes & present all the pesky issues of living as a mortal - as well as doing things the *good way*. And well, trying to steal souls is always fun - even if they have no chance at all. I'm thinking about all the fantasy webcomics as inspiration here - gentle romance, twisted perspectives & characters tuck together, comedic relief and lots of inspiration for pesky fun relationships between the PCs.

I don't know if I'll find a game for them, but I'd love to try. Rules or no rules, I can make the character work. I'd prefer a D&D/Pathfinder game, but I'll learn any system if it works for you.

P.S. It's morning, I've switched to nightshift & I might be rambling slightly... Forgive me if I'm a touch delirious from lack of sleep...
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 10:15:13 PM by Kimmy »