Ciera BaineOriginalPhysical Description:
A woman that could be quite formidable if tampered with much too much. A woman that was raised in combat and magic, and trained in the ways of Old Valyria. Her 5'5'' frame is full of whipcord musculature best suited for speed fighting, with a body speckled in scars and markings from years of rituals and combat. She is a woman that shouldn't be trifled with, though many a man has tried(not to mention women). Her body is rough, not as feminine as other womens. Her breasts are small, an upper B cup at most, and she doesn't seem to need much support in that department. Because of her fighting figure she doesn't have as much curves as another woman might, but she doesn't seem to mind that.
Her entire form seems to scream combat, even the rather defiant gleam that fills her dark blue eyes. The Crow is her chosen animal, her symbol, and that speaks in any clothing she wears. From the feathers that dangle from her ears, to the feathers she decorates her dark hair with. This woman has a variety of garments, most of the male persuasion, but the easiest recognized garment she wears is her cloak. Anyone that has visited House Doom knows of the Crow Maiden, and knows of her feathered mantled cloak. Her dark hair is always well cared for, and seems to feather around her with it's own sort of inner electrical charge. (Not that there is one!)
As a note, the image is just for reference on figure and appearance it is no real marking of the garments she typically wears. It is merely used as a reference for this Maiden of House Doom. She has several markings on her body, other than the scars that speckle her arms and legs and torso. The most evident one would be the trailing ivy that seems to wrap around her wrist and climb up her arm. Each one of the leaves is heavily detailed and upon close inspection you will see names scribed upon the leaves. These are the names of her family, and those that she must avenge. Her other 'marking' is less obvious, and harder to see unless she wants someone to. Upon her back, between her shoulder blades, wings spread out like the darkest night - is the Crow she has taken as her symbol.
She always carries several forms of weaponry upon her. Whether her blade at her hip, or the daggers she carries in her boots. She is never without some form of protection. No matter her garments she always wears a special tooled belt that has a variety of different sized pouches on it. This contains components for the variety of ritual based 'magics' she performs. Age:
25Sexuality: Sex can wait, vengeance and Retribution cannot.
= Chances of Sexual interaction in game are pretty slim. Just as a note she has no interest in women, but does take some interest in men. This is limited so for all intents and purposes consider her sort of Asexual teetering on Demisexual.Role:
Lady of Clan Baine, Bannerman of House Doom, 'Spellsword'What does your character desire most?
Retribution for the slaying of her clan, a true home when her task is complete - and an ever present task to complete. Whether magical or mundane, this woman hates to be bored. Personal Philosophy:"Justice upon the ones that were the cause of my clan being slain. I will do as needed to seek this Retribution, and like the Crow upon the Fields of battle I shall feast upon their misery when that day comes."
Ciera has one thing really on her mind, the serving of House Doom is only part of that plan. Someday she will find who is responsible for the slaying of her clan, of which she was the only survivor - to her knowledge. As a result she has aligned with House Doom - as they are some of the few left from Old Valyria, as her Clan once was. It was the easiest place to be accepted, and her four years with them has been something that has helped her work towards her goal. She will not rest, not properly, until she has accomplished her task.
This means, good or evil - in the eyes of others, she will do whatever it takes to accomplish her task. Within reason, her own personal code does not allow her to kill children, or women whom are pregnant. Elderly are to be only 'mercy' killings. The only exception to this is in defense of her own life, in which case all bets are off. Notable Equipment & Weaponry:DeathSweep
- Ancestral sword that her family took from Old Valyria generations ago. They have a few other secrets that were passed down through the family lineage, but some of those secrets were stolen from them when the clan was slaughtered. Ciera managed to take DeathSweep with her. The blade is definitely meant for a smaller man, or a woman's hand. It's strange metallic surface is dark and swirling with strange colors. She rarely if every draws her sword, unless it is needed. It is not heavily decorated and is actually quite under rated in terms of how it's hilt and pommel are covered. It is even sheathed within a non-assuming sheath. She has yet to draw this blade in a public space, at least that anyone knows in the four years that she has been there. She hasn't had any need to, but if Victor Von Doom demanded it of her - she would indeed use this blade. It is Black Vibranium, but it's something that she doesn't make a ruckus about announcing. Retribution
- A forearm long dagger that she tends to carry in a sheath that is strapped to the center of her back. She generally fights with this, and has better skills with it than any of her other weapons. She saves DeathSweep as a last resort, and Retribution is her first go to blade. If she's using her tiny boot daggers... she's insulting your capabilities - on purpose. Lady Slipper and Murdock
- Yes, she named her two boot daggers after some rather deadly plants. They aren't poisonous, but the way she uses them might as well be. They are not her go to weapon, and she generally uses them as a resort just before DeathSweep - and she can and will use these as a form of insult to others. If she's using them she is either desperate (But not super desperate) or she is telling you that you're not worth her time. Tooled Belt and Pouches
- Whatever is in this damn thing.. people rarely if ever want to find out. She seems to have so many of the pouches and belt boxes that you would think she would be rather noisy when she moved. A simple adjustment of air elementalism is what she used to create the silence that seems to follow her, and that is what she has tooled into most of her items. She's quiet, scary so, and her tools of doing so are within the pouches on her waist. Feathered Cloak
Most people aren't sure what the point of her cloak is, but it's quiet - and it's dark. The surface on the outside seems to be covered in a waterfall like cascade of Crows feathers. Each one she stitched into place while working elemental magics. Air magics mostly, natural magics, as her people have known for generations. It's not much, but it's something for her. Don't underestimate that cloak, because she has used it to trap people before. Nothing like throwing heavy fabric over their head to distract them. There is also this strange factoid that it seems rather difficult to cut.Skills: Combat ProwessHighly IntelligentFlexible
- Not just in a flexible sense but in a sense that she can change her short term goal when needed. She could be doing one task and instantly be find with switching to another - if needed. Unless what she is doing at that time is part of her long term goal, then you are absolutely screwed. Weapon Talents
- Exceedingly talented with small blades, and the sword she carries. Though she is much more talented with her long dagger. She has some talents with a bow.'Survival of the Fittest'
- as part of a nomadic clan she learned quite a lot to survive. From what plants could do what, to what are the best places to hide incase of invasion. If needed she could vanish into an environment and not be seen for weeks, come out healthy and hearty and perfectly happy. A List of Powers/Spells attributes of your character:Natural Magics
- More nature aligned magics, nothing super fancy or showy. Good for getting private work done. Basically elemental aligned magics, they are much easier on the body than Ritual Magics.Ritual Magic capabilities
- If the right tools, and the right time, and the right everything is in place... she could take the time to do something rather powerful. Not 'The Doom' Powerful, but more like... hey let's beat the shit out of a few whitewalkers powerful. This comes with severe drawbacks, and she will likely be so drained of magical energy that she won't even manage a simple 'Fire starter' spell for at least a week. This is ONLY usable with GM approval, and WITH a direct order of absolute irrevocably confirmed need for such a situation.
If you require more specifications I would be happily to illuminate this aspect of the character.Bio:
Back in the days of Old Valyria, before 'The Doom', Ciera's family - the Clan of Baine - was known as powerful wizards and spell workers. They were also known as good warriors, and in a pinch they were used as sacrifices for helping the land. To this day their last surviving member believes in the Old Ways. That everything comes at a cost, even peace. What that cost is... depends on what you are willing to sacrifice. Upon the cataclysmic event known as 'The Doom' her ancestors, some of them at least, were already traveling in the land nearby. They had intermingled with clans of roving Dothraki(Or this 'Marvelosian' equal), and had already worked on building up their bloodline and their capabilities. They did take some things from Old Valyria with them, their own family magics... a few items... You know, the usual heirlooms sort of thing.
They traveled nomadically, mostly, traveling to locations based on the time of year and the seasons. They eventually ended up in Marvelos, three generations back. Where they still held up their nomadic ways. The family as a whole, the Clan of Baine, would travel between the networks within the realm of Marvelos. They did the same as they always had, sell their gifts and their talents. 'Spellswords' as they were often known. Drawing in good blood when they saw it, and continuing to build up on their bloodlines.
Ciera was born of Cedric and Mirabelle. She was the youngest of thirteen rambunctious children, and the last child her parents would have. Her family always stayed together, unless a partner or member was too pregnant to travel - and then they would remain until the clan could return for them. But they always gathered once a year, near Dorne, to celebrate their greatest of family gatherings. The growing of nature, the flames of passion. The time when the family would celebrate the start of summer, and when they would all enjoy their revelry.
Ciera had a relatively 'easy' childhood you could say, trained in her magics and blades... and raised with rambunctious male relatives. She had to fight harder to prove herself, but soon 'The Crow Maiden' was just as known as 'Cedric Baine of Marvelos'.
It was during the family gathering that their lives were changed, four years ago, and the entire clan was thought to be wiped out. It is still unknown who actually committed the act, or who may have hired whoever did it, but in one evening a blood bath soaked the land of Dorne. Ciera, injured and angry had traveled miles on foot to reach the only 'Ruler' her clan had known. She put her sword at the feet of Victor Doom - and pledged herself as his Bannerman and asked only to be allowed to seek truth and vengeance for the slaying of her clan. Not a single man, woman, child, or elderly was left alive - how she survived she is still not really sure.
So she has served, for four years, nobly and honorably bound - by blood and magic - to the House of Doom. I pledge to: