You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 08, 2016, 05:59:06 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Roaring 20ies/Speakeasy/Gangster & Crime Stories [Open to all]  (Read 7168 times)

Offline MaverickKane

lol sounds like another way to say corrupt cop to me. :P

Mhmm

Offline NubianLegend

I feel like I'm missing something on my character sheet. I need opinions. Is it alright if I repost? I switch between tenses when I do character sheets for some reason. It's probably fine.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 06:42:54 PM by NubianLegend »

Offline NicholasTopic starter

• Mr. Nice Guy (or so I am told) :-) Jag's Mulder *muse crack* Deviously delicious - according to a certain, most awesome Liege ;) King of Terrible. Always innocent despite what Caedy says. Spoiler buttons are evil. 42,19km!
  • Knight
  • Carnite
  • #JeSuisUnAnge #ReallyIAm #BlameMads
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Ooooookay.... we're going to finish the character sheets templates and the OOC today (Friday). I went to lay down early because I seriously felt....like shit. Pollen + headache = not happy Nic.

However, we're going to get some going today.  :-*

Offline CurvyKitten

• Dame
  • Addict
  • Location: Trust your heart if the seas catch fire, live by love though the stars walk backward.
  • Sex is a part of nature. I go along with nature.
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Ooooookay.... we're going to finish the character sheets templates and the OOC today (Friday). I went to lay down early because I seriously felt....like shit. Pollen + headache = not happy Nic.

However, we're going to get some going today.  :-*

I feel your pain hun, been that way all day. Hugs~ take you time, we shall be here plotting shenanigans when you feel better.

• Mr. Nice Guy (or so I am told) :-) Jag's Mulder *muse crack* Deviously delicious - according to a certain, most awesome Liege ;) King of Terrible. Always innocent despite what Caedy says. Spoiler buttons are evil. 42,19km!
  • Knight
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
I feel your pain hun, been that way all day. Hugs~ take you time, we shall be here plotting shenanigans when you feel better.
Thanks! ~hugs~ Yeah, it's the season.

Kane and I basically are done with the sheet template. We've started to fill them in, because that's really the best way to see if it will work for others, if we're missing something, etc. But, for now, it looks good. I'm going to chat with Kane later today about it, and if he's not running into anything we missed, we're going to toss out the links later today - and an OOC to plot in, of course. ;D

I'm still back and forth on my second face claim. I love her, and I think she'd be amazing for one of my ideas... but part of me is also looking at switching to a guy because actual Irish Mob characters would  be good and Cillian Murphy is <3
I'd be all for this. One female and one male character gives some diversity. ~nodnod~
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 12:16:10 AM by Nicholas »

Offline CurvyKitten

• Dame
  • Addict
  • Location: Trust your heart if the seas catch fire, live by love though the stars walk backward.
  • Sex is a part of nature. I go along with nature.
  • View My Rolls
Thanks! ~hugs~ Yeah, it's the season.

Kane and I basically are done with the sheet template. We've started to fill them in, because that's really the best way to see if it will work for others, if we're missing something, etc. But, for now, it looks good. I'm going to chat with Kane later today about it, and if he's not running into anything we missed, we're going to toss out the links later today - and an OOC to plot in, of course. ;D

Yup totally that season, I wake up with my eyes already watering and burning. ITS NOT FAIR LOL

YAAY I look forward to it, my girly is percolating within my mind. :)

Offline NubianLegend

What year is the roleplay set exactly? I'm having a hard time figuring out ages and such. I listed my guy as being born in 1894, and 29 years old in-game.

Offline Caela

This looks like an awesome idea. Tossing out tentative interest but will have to commune with the Muse to be certain she's not going to be a whiny brat about it! lol

Offline MaverickKane

For those of you asking or wondering, the game will begin in 1921.

Offline wander

Ah, that's good. My character bio as currently written places my character in 1920. Gives them an extra year to get acquainted with their work and also I can keep the same face-claim (Robert de Niro was the same age as my character when he played the role of Corleone in the 1920s and the character was about that age before
Godfather Part 2 spoiler
he took down the mob boss and become the man he is.
).

• Knight
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
Re:Roaring 20ies/Speakeasy/Gangster & Crime Stories [Still recruiting]
« Reply #135 on: May 01, 2015, 08:01:33 AM »
Annoucement!!!

Okay, we are done with the character sheet setup.

You can start to make your characters... now. ~laughs~ There is no rush, of course. ;)

I have added the link to the Character Sheet Templates and the information in the first post of this thread. The procedure will be pretty simple: You make your sheet, send it off to MaverickKane and myself, we have a look at it and once it is approved, we will let you know so that you can post it in the Approved Character thread.

Why post it there yourself after approval? - Simple: If you need to make edits, for stuff like... friends your character makes in the future, business connections, or maybe one or the other enemy, it is easier if you can do it yourself. Less of a logistic hassle that way.

Additionally - we now have an OOC Chatting area as well! ;D If you have questions about the character creation process, drop us a note in the OOC!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 08:15:09 AM by Nicholas »

Offline Rel Mayer

Re: Roaring 20ies/Speakeasy/Gangster & Crime Stories [Still recruiting]
« Reply #136 on: May 01, 2015, 10:24:45 AM »
Hey Nic and Maverick! Random question while I build my character.

Do we know what year the IC is going to start in? I'm have an idea for her age, but I want to get her birth date right depending on when that is! If you're not sure yet, no worries I can just edit it later.

Offline SlipperySue

« Reply #137 on: May 01, 2015, 10:36:37 AM »
Hey Nic and Maverick! Random question while I build my character.

Do we know what year the IC is going to start in? I'm have an idea for her age, but I want to get her birth date right depending on when that is! If you're not sure yet, no worries I can just edit it later.

Hi, I was going to ask the same question, but Maverick answered in #133 and I missed it at the time to, start year is 1921

Offline Rel Mayer

« Reply #138 on: May 01, 2015, 10:40:58 AM »
Hi, I was going to ask the same question, but Maverick answered in #133 and I missed it at the time to, start year is 1921

Sweeeett! Thanks! I completely missed it!

• Knight
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #139 on: May 01, 2015, 10:46:12 AM »
I've made a note of the years we'll start in the first post. Won't get buried there! ;D

And hello to everyone I didn't say it, yet. ~waves~ Thanks for the interest!

Also - I've added a signature pic in the first post, if someone wants it.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 10:58:39 AM by Nicholas »

Offline Twisted iN Tux

« Reply #140 on: May 01, 2015, 07:02:34 PM »
Okay - against my better judgement and at the expense of another game I was thinking of joining - I'm in! Sometimes it's easier to join a game from the ground up than to come in later on in the scenario and play catch up, which is what I was going to have to do. For me, this will take less time, which is what I have right now.

Anwyho.

I would like to claim Ryan Gosling for my Polish tailor who barely speaks a lick of English. Well, at least he comes off as the ignorant immigrant, but it could all be an act. *shifty eyes* Anyway. Someone has to be responsible for making all of those sharp suits everyone will be running around in...and getting gunned down in! *gasps at the horror of it all* Plus, there's great potential for him to overhear juicy details while he's measuring up a mobster or two for their latest outfit. Right? Right!

• Knight
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #141 on: May 02, 2015, 03:46:38 AM »
Okay - against my better judgement and at the expense of another game I was thinking of joining - I'm in! Sometimes it's easier to join a game from the ground up than to come in later on in the scenario and play catch up, which is what I was going to have to do. For me, this will take less time, which is what I have right now.

Anwyho.

I would like to claim Ryan Gosling for my Polish tailor who barely speaks a lick of English. Well, at least he comes off as the ignorant immigrant, but it could all be an act. *shifty eyes* Anyway. Someone has to be responsible for making all of those sharp suits everyone will be running around in...and getting gunned down in! *gasps at the horror of it all* Plus, there's great potential for him to overhear juicy details while he's measuring up a mobster or two for their latest outfit. Right? Right!
Sounds like a good concept to me!

I know that Juggtacular mentioned Ryan Gossling already. Just get in touch with him and see if that faceclaim is taken already nor not.

Offline Juggtacular

« Reply #142 on: May 02, 2015, 03:50:55 AM »
I decided on Michael Fassbender. Gosling is all free.

• Knight
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #143 on: May 02, 2015, 07:16:16 AM »
I decided on Michael Fassbender. Gosling is all free.
Awesome!

Offline Absinthe Tori

« Reply #144 on: May 02, 2015, 08:56:39 AM »
I hope it's not too late to me to throw my hat in. I've been contemplating a character all morning!!

• Knight
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #145 on: May 02, 2015, 09:06:40 AM »
I hope it's not too late to me to throw my hat in. I've been contemplating a character all morning!!
Hello! Nope, not too late. People are just doing their characters for the time being.

IMPORTANT!!!

I have added a poll to this thread, to get a bit of an overview of the male/female character ratio right away. Please, take the second or three to leave your vote. Thank you!  :-*

Each writer has two votes (because people can write up to two characters, hence the Male 2 and Female 2 options). So, if you write two male characters, just click on Male 1 and Male 2, same goes for female, and if you write a male and a female character, click one for either.)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 09:11:37 AM by Nicholas »

Offline Caela

« Reply #146 on: May 02, 2015, 10:39:18 AM »
I only have one character at the moment but if I make a second it will be female as well so I voted female 2.

And clearly I should have looked at the last post here not just followed a link and looked at the poll...sorry.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 10:41:05 AM by Caela »

Offline Twisted iN Tux

« Reply #147 on: May 02, 2015, 10:47:21 AM »
I've made a note of the years we'll start in the first post. Won't get buried there! ;D

And hello to everyone I didn't say it, yet. ~waves~ Thanks for the interest!

Also - I've added a signature pic in the first post, if someone wants it.

Very minor question: which month will we be starting in? I only ask because I'd like to get the ages of my PC and his NPCs correct from the start. Ya know. Pre-birthday vs post-birthday sort of thing. Thanks!

• Knight
  • Carnite
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #148 on: May 02, 2015, 10:48:25 AM »
Very minor question: which month will we be starting in? I only ask because I'd like to get the ages of my PC and his NPCs correct from the start. Ya know. Pre-birthday vs post-birthday sort of thing. Thanks!
We'll start on April 1st, 1921. ~nodnod~

Offline Bloodied Porcelain

• E's Masked Lady ~ Swamp Witch ~ Sisterkitten ~ Little Red ~ Crowley ~ Baby Girl ~ Muse Crack ~ Code Monkey ~ LLS ~ Favorite ~ Good Girl ~ Pointe Shoes & Combat Boots
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • Captain Of Team Fuck Up Your Sheets
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #149 on: May 02, 2015, 10:51:31 AM »
I only voted once cause I am still back and forth on my second character. As of right now I'm still thinking female but that could change.