Interest check-Ticket to ride (Adventure, exotic)

Started by WindVoyager, April 25, 2015, 02:29:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WindVoyager

I've been fiddling with this idea for a while now, its basically an adventure based small group game that forces a small group of characters from all walks of life to interact with each other. Who knows what they will find once thier journey is on the way. New enemies, old enemies, friend, family members, troubles?

While the RP does take place in modern times, many if not most the remote towns and villages have been passed up by time and still dont have many of the modern convinces like internet.

Plot

Welcome to Valadilène, a small remote wondrous French village known for its unique architecture that give it the appearance of being a fairy tale village come to life.

Valadilène seems to be a gathering point for those in search of a new life. People from all walks of life gather in the small village since its the only one for miles in any direction that has a train station. Everything in Valadilène revolves around the large ornate station with its glass panel roof and ornate metal work. The Valadilène Express was made for comfort of its passengers, comfortable sleep cars,good dining, even the passenger cars are comfortable .  It is manned by Oscar, an automaton man fond of protocol.

The Rp will start with the train station and with character already boarding the train.

Since the station isn't modern by any stretch of the imagination, its possible for a character or two who can't afford a train ticket to sneak on board and not get caught.

Game Notes

-Sexual content: This game is intended to be a story about traveling adventurers and characters interacting with each other. Sex is going to happen and is more then allowed to happen, just don't let it become the focus of the game.

-Posting frequency: It would be great if you can manage a post at least every two to three days since this is meant to be an active game but we all know RL can be uncooperative. Please try to leave a note if you can't continue to post or something comes up

-Many of the small town and villages along the train's route are either remote and have very little modernization or most the modern world simply hasn't caught up to them though there are towns further alone the route that do have most if not all the modern conveniences (and annoyances). Use it to your characters disadvantage and frustration. Cell phones and the like won't pick up signals in remote areas and they will be forced to use fax machines (if the town has one) and land lines

-This is a character and story driven semi-sandbox type RP where character interaction is important.

-The entire RP will not take place on the train. Most of the game will take place in the towns and villages and along the tracks and the surrounding area. Not all these villages and towns are pleasant places.

Like all trains, it is vulnerable to break downs, washed out bridges, the weather, damage to tracks and even bold and crafty bandits who lure unsuspecting engineers into traps so they can rob the passengers. Or worse.

Rules

-No one liners
-Use tags when posting
-There is no posting order
-Adhere to all Elliquiy rules
-Please respect player/character ons and offs.
-These rules are subject to change at the GM's discretion.
- No godmodding
-If you choose to leave the group, please inform the GM and anybody you are RPing with so we're not left hanging
-Please try not to keep anybody waiting on a post longer than one week. Real life happens but inform any one you are RPing with that you will be longer
-All gender types and sexualities will be accepted, including Asexual and Agendered characters.
-All characters need to be 18+

Character creation:

Only humans, anthros and on a limited basis Automatons , are allowed. The current limit is two main characters and as many NPCs you can handle. Fandom characters are allowed if you can change them enough to fit into the setting.

When creating a character think about why they are boarding the train. Are they running from something? Is there some trouble they got tangled up in? Are they on vacation or do they just want to seek out a better life then one in a small remote village?

Name:
Fandom or original:
Appearance:
Personality:
offs and ons:

First stop, Aralbad. A small and once very popular spa and resort that fell out of favor when large lake began to dry up due to its only source of watering being blocked off, leaving much of the beach and mud flats exposed. The rusting hulks of a few ships left beached by thier owners sit on the stinking mud flats. The resort itself is still some what well kept if not rather aged and dated. Its small flag stone court has dead weeds and grass poking between the stones, its mutil tiered marble fountain cracked, dirty and empty.  Inside is in much better condition. It boasts a very large heated swimming pool surrounded by ornate marble pillars and statues along with three small sunken hot tubs that can hit up to four people. The dining area is rather large and has windows that look out on to whats left of the lake, and its bar serves only high end alcohol.

Chrystal

Tentative interest...

Is it possible to play a self-aware automaton? Or is that what you mean by "anthros"? I normally understand anthro to mean "anthropomorphic animal" - an animal in human form and/or a human with animal characteristics. If that is what you mean, are these anthros flesh and blood or very realistic machines?

May I also make a suggestion?

Unless you plan to have events happen before people reach the station, start the story with the train leaving? Otherwise you will never get to the point of the train leaving. I know this from bitter experience!

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

WindVoyager

QuoteIs it possible to play a self-aware automaton? Or is that what you mean by "anthros"? I normally understand anthro to mean "anthropomorphic animal" - an animal in human form and/or a human with animal characteristics. If that is what you mean, are these anthros flesh and blood or very realistic machines?

Its very possible. Oscar is a self-aware automaton though the fully self-aware ones are rare and often serve a purpose such as manning the engine of a train or taking care of someone who isn't fully capable of doing so themselves.

Anthros as in bipedal animals that share human characteristics.  A human with aniaml ears and tail isn't an anthro.

I want to make this a small RP, about five people

WindVoyager

Did some really heavy eating on this, changed up some rules, changed the plot.

Chrystal

I am still interested, I will quite likely create a feline anthro, if anyone else expresses an interest.

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

WindVoyager

Unfortunately human only smut and system games seem to be the only thing any one is interested in. I've made several groups over the years and none of them ever go much if any interest except for a very few and every one always flaked before it even got off the ground

Chrystal

I know exactly what you mean! I've had exactly the same experience with "adventure" type games.

Darkleather

Sounds as though it could have potential, though difficult to see what type of game we 're looking at here

But I'm in :)

WindVoyager

The plot, admittedly, does need work. Its basically just an adventure type game that has only a basic frame work of a plot for now that needs to be built on and changed a bit.