You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 10, 2016, 10:15:09 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Asking what is probably a stupid question...  (Read 533 times)

Offline AgentXTopic starter

Asking what is probably a stupid question...
« on: October 21, 2008, 02:46:38 AM »
I'm quite new here, but love the atmosphere... I was wondering though. is there a decent population here which uses the board to meet people, but actually engages in their RP/games via chat or IM? this is my preferred medium due to impatience, but forums still seem the best way to meet potential partners.... i just haven't noticed many people interested this in my time here and was wondering if i'd missed it somehow.

Offline Caeli

Re: Asking what is probably a stupid question...
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 03:34:39 AM »
There are some who are more interested in chat-based roleplaying, but it's something you would put in bold, large letters at the beginning of a roleplay request, or in the title of your roleplay request, in the one-on-one game searches, or under the Chat Help & Games. You can also put it in your Ons and Offs, which I see you've already made. :)

True, there are more forum-based games than not, but there are those who like chats and IMs as their roleplay medium of choice, too. :)

Offline Lithos

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 04:51:02 AM »
Of course, one cannot tell how many IM games there are as opposed to forum ones. I play one forum game and several IM games myself, so that way works as well.

Offline Xillen

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 04:47:27 PM »
Forum games are surely the norm around E, and indeed, when someone talks about a game, most likely they're talking about a forum game.

People also do play over IRC, but more often than not, those are spontaneous flicks instead of wellplanned stories. The latter ones do occur, though. I have some chat 1:1's running, but I might try getting a group chat game going on again. It kind of failed before :(