Edgar Harlaw Jr. Nickname:
Marston Character's Birthdate:
Janurary 31st 1997 - 16 years Sexuality:
Taylor, Texas Blood Status:
10 1/3 Chestnut with a Chimaera Scale core Hogwarts House and year:
Gryffindor | First Year Patronus:
Light Brown, kept shortEyes:
5'10Other Distinguishing Features (i.e. tattoos, piercings, scars, etc.):
Marston is a fit young man with an athletic build. He has well defined shoulders and arms. His hands are rough and calloused from a lifetime of gripping reigns and doing chores back home. Marston moves with a leisurely sway to him (a mosey), adding in his natural confidence and a smile many ladies fawn over, its no surprise if he draws a little attention. "Cattlebrand" H across his heart, Horseshoe around it, his father's name with the dob-dod inked inside of the horseshoe. Located on his right arm and runs spreads to his pec and shoulder
A Little Deeper
- Growing up on the farm, Marston learned how adaptable a man had to be. If something broke you go on and fix it, if you don't know how to, well its time to learn how to. The guy at the hardware store was more than an occasional babysitter, he was a mentor of information when even his dad needed a few pointers on how to fix something. He may not be living on a ranch anymore, but Marston still holds onto the many values of his late father. Versatile
- Tied closely to his adaptability, Marston always found a
A wide variety of subjects interesting. He learned about farming, ranching, home repair and hunting. In school he loved playing all sports and enjoyed history. Inconsistent
- Marston finds lots of things interesting, unfortunately he is fickle and has been known to stop when he starts to lose interest. Marston falls into the "jack of all trades" category. The rodeo, guitar and singing are to hobbies he has stuck with over the years. Enthusiastic
- Eager to learn something new or try something out, Marston does not hesitate to set something aside to experience something he hasn't. When he was young he shuffled through sports every other season until he found a passion for baseball and football. This trait carried over into his school subjects, even if he prefers some more then others, autoshop always the top one. Eloquent
- There is a certain charm that many can't quite put their finger on. Marston is that boy you want to take to mama. He smiles, his Texan drawl and manners win over people easily, but he backs it up with a sharp wit (see below). It is no surprise that he always held vocal positions in sports, quarterback in football and pitcher in baseball. Marston is a charismatic young man and he uses it to his advantage. Indecisive
- Marston's inability to pick one thing over the other has resulted in a few setbacks. When he couldn't decide between Sally and Megan to take to the dance, he took both, but then both scorned ladies ditched him when he tried to kiss both. He lacks the ability to prioritize one thing over the other once in a while and he suffers the consequences because of it. Witty
- A little charm from his dad and a little wit from his mom makes for a deadly combination. The "aloofness" he carries himself in his stride, a little "false" obliviousness makes for fun surprises when Marston proves himself more than some "dumb cowboy/jock". Don't underestimate Marston, or you can if you want, he won't hold it against you. Intellectual
- Marston may never be a scholar, but he is eager to learn about new things. He will always favor the "hand's on" approach over "book learning", but he will give his full attention to each topic...until he finds something more interesting or a pretty girl flutters her eyelashes his way. History:
Marston grew up in the small town of Taylor, Texas on a ranch. The only son of Abigail and Edgar (Sr.) Harlaw, the small family spent plenty of time tending the ranch and spending time together.
Edgar Sr. was the second-oldest of five siblings, (3 boys 2 girls - total) who inherited a dairy farm after their father retired to a comfortable living of ranching for fun, not for work. His mother grew up in England but left during the second wizard war. She was a muggle witch, a recent graduate from Hogwarts and she was afraid for her life. Being the only witch in her family, she found it easier to leave instead of endangering herself and her family.
Life was busy, but simple for Marston. He grew up around animals, loved to ride and followed his dad around the ranch like a duckling does its mama. Overtime, he learned a lot about ranch life, even when school was in the way. Life consisted of getting up early, doing chores, school and any activity or sport he was involved in. Saturdays were free time (after chores or any sporting event), it was the time he would go out with his friends or take a girl on a date. Sundays were for Sunday dinners at his grandparents house and time spent with all his cousins, or a roll in the hay with whatever girl was batting her eyelashes at him.
Over the course of his sophomore year (in High School), his father was diagnosed with a Brain Aneurysm after his constant migraines and dizzy spells got out of hand. Giving into his wife's pleading, he was checked out. Sadly there was nothing that could be done for the man (muggle nor magical). Edgar Sr suffered a stroke and his health deteriorated quickly in his final months. His family was there to support them, the man was loved greatly by all, but all they could do was comfort him as best they could before his passing. Marston's anguish manifested his powers the day of the wake, when he broke down and ran outside. All the windows on the side of the house shattered, but no one was there to see it happen nor really put thought into it, except his mother.
Despite the passing of his father, Marston managed to complete the (sophomore) year, even after being hit with more news. After the funeral and a few weeks before the summer break, he began receiving letters from owls, letters he initially ignored. His mother finally came to him and confessed what she was, the only other person to know (in the family) was her late husband.
Marston tossed himself hard into the work around the ranch, his mother feared the young man had not properly mourned his father. Unknown to her, this was his way of honoring and celebrating the man who raised him. The letters from the owls ceased, but on a weekend morning after a round of early chores, he walked up to the ranch home and found they had company, his mother's parents (his grandparents). Marston visited them back home (if it was safe) once a year or so, but they rarely came out to the US. Over a two week stay, the convinced the young man to give the wizard world a chance. Marston reluctantly agreed and Abigail sent an owl back to the original sender and accepted their invitation to Hogwarts.
Marston had one huge problem, he was a few years of magical school behind everyone else. Most of his summer was spent studying and doing his best to catch up. He has OWLS to take at the end of his first year and it determines whether he advanced to year 2 or repeats year 1. Family:
Edgar Harlaw Sr - Muggle, Rancher, Business Owner, 46 (at time of death).
Edgar was a great father and better husband. Alongside his other siblings, he ran the family business (dairy farm) they inherited from their parents. A law student who passed the bar but put his plans on hold to help with the family business (mostly in law related stuff), he had plans to be a judge but life was better on the ranch.
Abigail Harlaw - Muggleblood, Homemaker, 35
Great mom and better wife, Abigail took care of her husband in his last days dutifully and was heartbroken when he passed. Abigail was born and raised in England and attended Hogwarts. She graduated just as the second wizard war was picking up traction and decided to leave the country. She was working as a shop owner when she met and married Edgar Sr. Many claimed it was to fast and Abigail was only after his money but she quickly won over the rest of the Harlaw family. Connections:
None atm. Likes:
Being a cowboy, pretty girls, playing the guitar, singing, dancing (country, rock, line), camping, sports, wood carving, riding horses, skirts (on those pretty girls), long hair (on those pretty girls), cowboy boots, cowboy hats, Country Music, Rock and roll music, Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash, barbeque, pecan pie, lemonade, poker and billiards.Dislikes:
Darts, Very loud music and strobe lights (most clubs), Tight jeans ("Common fella, no one wants to see that.") Trance/Dubstep music, Hunting for sport, People who "mess with Texas" (Seriously don't do it), dramatic people, people who look down at others. Fears:
Marston has been scared of scorpions since the day one crawled into his boot when he and his father were camping when he was nine years old, has been scared of them since then.
He is afraid of hospitals and the scent of them, disinfection and death.
Marson worries about his mother back home and feels bad for leaving her while he is at school (guilt).Worst Memory(ies):
Watching his dad in his final days, witness a tower of a man deteriorate as death sapped everything that made him who he was. Smoking, drinking, rogue bulls, hunting, none of that killed Edgar Harlaw. A brain aneurysm, some fluke medical condition claimed the man. Marston knew his dad was in pain, but the man was to damn proud to let his loved ones see it. Best Memory(ies):
Winning the senior division (Ages 14-18) in the Jr. Rodeo at age 14 in the bull riding. The youngest winner to date, shattering his dad's own record by two years. He was presented with a large bull belt buckle with his name, the first of many buckles he had won, but that was the best one because it was a record breaker. The family went out to steak that night and his dad let him have his first beer. It tasted horrible and the taste never interested him after that, but the night was unforgettable. Favorite Animal(s)
Horses, Lizards, Armadillos, Coyotes, Wolves, Bulls, Eagles and Falcons. Favorite Color(s)
Marston is young and at a point he is exploring what he likes sexually. Sex at his age is all good (for the most part). He has the two go to positions but has been playing around and knows he has a thing for legs wrapped around his waist to clutching his sides. Kissing, hugging, a little scratches on his back is always good. A knack for pulling hair and he does not think twice to swat a lady on the behind. Blowjobs are the tits and he will repay the favor, he gets handsy, grabs and squeezes sometimes a little to much, but can you blame him? Marston loves giving hickeys or leaving a bite mark on his lovers, as if it is a brand. He shows signs of being dominant (but at this point in life is it really all that "real"). He works hard, he plays hard and he won't dismount until both parties are sweating and panting for air.
He is not into guys, but would not shoot down a threesome with another guy. Most of his offs are still forming, if he doesn't like it, he will tell you. (besides the hard no's scat/toilet play)