You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 03, 2016, 10:01:52 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Looking for D&D 5e GM/Group! <closed/game found, thank you!>  (Read 229 times)

Online BlytheTopic starter

Looking for D&D 5e GM/Group! <closed/game found, thank you!>
« on: April 19, 2015, 02:08:52 PM »
Hola!

Anyways, I figure this is the chance to sell myself as a player for a 5e game (and mayhap give a few others that chance as well--feel free to post here if, like me, you want to play 5e and are looking for a group and a GM!). I am looking most enthusiastically for a 5e game; I have not gotten to play 5th edition, and I am craving it. I am not great at GMing, hence posting here in the hopes a GM may be looking for 5e players! As a player, here is a bit about me:

Post Length: I can post 1-5 paragraphs, but for system groups I would like to try to err on the side of smaller posts so I can post with decent frequency.
Post Frequency: Assuming large posts are not required, I could commit to posting once every other day.
Who Do I Like To Write With: Anyone! I try my best to work with other players, and so long as a character interests me, I have no compunctions about who is behind the keyboard.
Crossgender Writers: I would need a group that is accepting of and would write with crossgender writers (males writers writing female characters, female writers writing male characters, or lieges writing whatever).

Character and Game Ideas:
* Ideally, I'd love to play something that lets me play a non-good aligned character (don't worry, I wouldn't play one of those non-goods who can't work with the other members of the party!), but I would just as happily play a good aligned tiefling or elf.
* Right now, I am super interested in playing some sort of caster, maybe a sorcerer or a cleric. However, I would also be happy to try to fill in whatever a current party needs. *nodnod*
* I would love any game that might involve Sigil, the Abyss, or the Nine Hells, but it's not a requirement by any means. Really, though, anything that allows for travel on the Planes would be really cool.
* I'm okay with games that don't start at 1st level or pre-made adventures.

What Do I Need In A GM?: While I've played previous D&D editions, I would like a patient GM willing to bear with me as I adjust to and learn 5e. I'm a fast learner, though!

Here are my O/Os, in case this helps sell me as a player! 
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 09:34:57 PM by Blythe »

Offline plasmarobo

Re: Looking for D&D 5e GM/Group! (SQUIGGLEBUTTS)
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 09:03:56 PM »
Hey!

So I've DM'd from 3rd to 5th Edition Dungeons and Dragons.
5e is super easy to learn and super fun to DM.

If you're still looking for a DM, I could run something, but I'd want to discuss world building stuff.
If you want to use standard Forgotten Realms that's fine with me, but I generally put a custom bend on my worlds.
It's nice when I intuitively know the settings vs academically reading about it.

If you want a test of my writing/RPing all I ask for is a prompt!

Feel free to PM me.

-Plasma

Online BlytheTopic starter

Re: Looking for D&D 5e GM/Group!
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 09:08:17 PM »
Wonderful! I will send you a PM sometime soon, either tonight or tomorrow. :)

Someone else has also PMed me about a DMing a solo as well, so this ought to get my 5e urge out of the way! ^^
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 09:12:00 PM by Blythe »

Offline Devil's Advocate

• Counselor Soulless
  • Lord
  • Seducer
  • Whispering what you want to hear in your ear
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Looking for D&D 5e GM/Group!
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2015, 05:12:19 PM »
We have a 5e game just started here: The Legend of Dryad Wood