You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

September 22, 2019, 12:47:20 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Platinum Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Coyotes in the Wasteland: A Game of Raiders & Captives  (Read 650 times)

Offline Nymphadora

Re: Coyotes in the Wasteland: A Game of Raiders & Captives
« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2019, 08:09:49 AM »
No worries. You should see the modify button on the left side above your post.

Offline Amarlo

« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2019, 07:18:37 PM »
Out of curiosity, is there any way we can add a part to the character sheet that specifies how long a Raider or Captive has been with the Coyotes for connection building purposes? It could also help specify if a captive is looking to be captured in the beginning. ^^

Offline Clio

« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2019, 12:19:51 AM »
Captive

Player Name: Clio
Character Name: Marianne “Mari” Clemens
Owner: (unclaimed but open to work out connections or a claim)
Physical Details: 5’5”, still relatively curvy even after the years on the road, long red curls, big blue eyes, and pale skin that has freckled in the sun

Personality: stubborn, feisty, intelligent, strategic, protective, curious, brave, loyal, hardworking, compassionate, easily distracted, determined, unpredictable, temperamental, moody, cunning, outgoing, maternal
Mari should be broken by now, and truthfully she’s not needlessly defiant just to cause trouble. She will submit if it helps someone else or if it’s the smart move. She’s not afraid of pain, or even the raiders...although she probably should be. She hates most of them and wants to get away, but they keep a close eye on her. She’s useful, and as more than just a fuck doll...although they love to use her as that too.

Bio: Born on a farm in the Midwest, Mari was raised in the country knowing how to grow things and take care of animals. She also learned how to camp, cook, and do various rural things that most country families did. She had a great childhood and her family was extremely close, and when the world as they knew ended, they actually did pretty decent for a while. Rural farmers were the best off as raiders tended to not stray too far from the main roads, and the farmers were able to grow their own food and survive more independently. Her family even hosted a few other families in a sort of commune where they stayed together for shelter and protection.

That ended up being their downfall. Word spread of the “oasis” in Indiana, and raiders couldn’t let that goldmine go. It wasn’t long before they heard the engines and smelled the exhaust. The men were killed right off, and one of them sliced her father’s head off with a machete so close to her that the warm spray of blood coated her face. Her brother was caught in a spray of bullets, and her sister sobbed and begged only to be stabbed by a laughing maniac. Her mother was last. By this time, a raider had caught Mari and was yelling to one of the others that she was pretty enough to capture instead of kill, but she was fighting him all the way. Finally she stopped and turned to him. “Okay. I’ll go willingly if you spare my mother.” He smiled a toothy grin and nodded.

“Sure. Of course.” Pulling her to his car, she realized her mistake when the raider holding her mother simply laughed and shot her right between the eyes. All four members of her family were murdered in front of her, and she was helpless to stop it. Tears came, but they were more of anger than grief. She resolved then to never give up on trying to get away and kill every last one of the lying, thieving, raping, murdering, evil, bastards.

Starting out as a pleasure slave, she endured countless nights of rape and abuse, but she never gave in. Over time, they realized she had useful skills. She could identify edible plants, poisonous ones, grow food in the back of one of the larger vehicles, cook, and knew more about history than anyone in the group. A jack of all trades really, and that was useful in these times. She was smart, and smart people survived.

Character’s Sexuality: Heteroflexible

Player’s Limits: Scat, snuff, humiliation involving weight, intelligence, or worth. Talk to me before pure NC.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 01:00:20 AM by Clio »

Offline avarus

• Lord
  • Enchanted
  • This is some personal text. There are many like it, but this one is mine!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2019, 02:31:14 AM »
Avarus, Lisbeth is awesome! Love the strangling of her saviour part :) She will be interesting to watch!

Thank you, I love playing those morally ambiguous/evil characters :P so this is going to be a blast anyway ^^

Offline Nymphadora

« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2019, 06:52:36 AM »
Out of curiosity, is there any way we can add a part to the character sheet that specifies how long a Raider or Captive has been with the Coyotes for connection building purposes? It could also help specify if a captive is looking to be captured in the beginning. ^^

Yes, totally!  Thank you for the suggestion/question Amarlo!

Anyone whose sheet has been approved, if you could post up the approximate length of times they have been with the Coyotes and/or whether they are looking to be captured etc.

Thanks!

Roman - Greg is approved but before I pop him up onto the sheets board, can you add in Status and how long he would have been with the Coyotes?

Clio- Mari is also approved and I'll post that sheet to the other board.

:)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 06:54:48 AM by Nymphadora »

Offline Nymphadora

« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2019, 07:07:44 AM »
DOUBLE POST!  Sorry!

@Clio - Urban and I were wondering, do you have a preference on if it was the Coyotes that killed Mari's family or did the Coyotes take her from that pack in an attack?

It might be something you want to expand on in your sheet.

Offline Roman100

« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2019, 07:53:00 AM »
Added in that he's been with the Coyotes for 15 years now.  Amarlo, let me know if that works with your timeline.

Offline Nymphadora

« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2019, 07:53:54 AM »
Thanks Roman!

I did make the modification to the sheet code for this in the upper posts here.

Offline UrbanzorroTopic starter

« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2019, 08:58:51 AM »

Pack Member

Player Name: Urbanzorro
Character Name: Robert Reddman
Position in Gang: Leader
Physical Details: Robert tends to keep his face clean shaven when possible. He also has a large scar on his torso that starts just above the right side of his ribcage and traces down to just above his hip. Finally, he has a faded tattoo of the letters USMC on his upper right arm.

Personality: Robert is often reserved with those around him. His years in the wastes having taught him that developing a strong connection with anyone is simply asking for trouble. In addition to this, he has developed quite a cruel and merciless streak over the years. With his fellow raiders he is straight forward and to the point, often having little patience for excuses or failure.

Bio: Robert was born well before the apocalypse that changed the world. In the old world he had been Colonel Robert Reddman, a decorated veteran and a leader of men well on his way up the ladder to becoming a general.

Then the Resource Wars, as the newspapers had called the half dozen or so ‘minor conflicts’ that started to spring up when the world’s reserves ran dry, began. Over the next six and a half years Robert found himself deployed to several different “hotspots.” He saw combat on the European front, he was at the Battle of the 38th Parallel, men under his command took part in Operation Main-Strike. Finally, once the last of the middle-east oil really did run dry Robert was part of the ‘Police-Keeping Forces’ used to put down the ration riots. 

On the eve of the Great War, Robert was in command of the security force guarding a small armory on the far outskirts of Houston. His penchant for openly speaking his mind had run him afoul of some asshole admiral two months prior and the middle of nowhere post was the admiral’s petty revenge. Somewhat ironically the aspect of the posting that made it a punishment was what wound up saving Robert’s life. The armory wasn’t large enough to be a target itself, and it was so far off from anywhere important that it didn’t suffer the worst effects from any of the actual targets that got hit.

For the next seven months Robert and his men remained at the armory and tried, unsuccessfully, to contact their superiors. With no word from anyone on the chain of command Robert took it upon himself to take action. He, and those amongst his men who volunteered, set out to try and reestablish contact with the government, or at the very least protect any survivors they found.

Over the following years Robert and his men moved from area to area, they never found the government remnants they were looking for, but they did find survivors and enemies.

Eventually each day blurred into the next if they weren’t traveling in the open wastes, they were fighting looters and raiders, or they were being welcomed as heroes by a local settlement only to be turned away when it came time to share food and supplies.

Inevitably, the constant stress and unyielding horror of the wastes took its toll. Their military traditions and discipline faded into the background, replaced by simple survivalism. They stopped going out of their way to defend every settlement they found. Eventually they stopped asking for supplies from the survivors they came across and started to demand them. Then finally, they even stopped demanding and started taking by force.

In truth, Robert can’t even give an exact day when he and his men stopped being a military unit and started being raiders, it just happened, almost as if it was just... natural.

Now and days the raider gang has almost no resemblance to what it once was, while most of the men who were originally under Robert’s command are either dead or have gone their own way.  Robert still maintains control over the group through a balance of intelligence, strength, and perceived authority. He likes to think that he’s made his peace with who he is now, but sometimes he isn’t so sure.

Regardless of any moral quandaries he may occasionally have the truth of it is that he may have been a colonel in the old world, but in the new one he is a raider.

Vehicle: Robert has a 1977 Monte Carlo as his personal ride. He has also mounted a machine gun
Weapons: Robert normally carries a combat knife, and a Colt M1911 that he has carried since before the Great War. He also keeps a pump action shotgun stored in his car for situations when it’s needed.

Character’s Sexuality: Heteroflexable. Much like everything else, Robert’s years in the wasteland have had an effect on his sexuality. Generally speaking he’ll willingly bed anyone feminine enough to blip on his radar.

Player’s Limits: For this story I’m up for pretty much anything.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 09:21:57 AM by Urbanzorro »

Offline Nymphadora

« Reply #59 on: September 20, 2019, 12:16:24 PM »
Alright, all approved sheets (which are all submitted sheets so far, are added the approved sheets thread (yes I know that just sounds silly typed out that way  ;D ) and I've opened up the OOC!

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=310930.0

Go, discuss! Plot! Opening scene details to follow in the OOC :)

Offline Nymphadora

« Reply #60 on: September 20, 2019, 03:40:10 PM »

Captive

Player Name: Nymphadora

Character Name: Ember (Once it was Amber Lynn Jordan)
Owner: Owned by a different pack at start of game.
Physical Details: Petite and curvy. Various scars from living in the wastes as a captive with an attitude. (Lash marks on her back and thighs, scratches on her arms and hands.

Personality: Generally Ember would be a sort of den mother, especially to younger folk. Logical but able to improvise, especially regarding medical care. Speaks her mind and stands up for herself and others who need it.
Bio: In the Old World she was Amber Lynn, the only child to a major and an army brat from birth. When the shit hit the fan, her father was killed in a skirmish at the gates when the local population began to panic and stormed the base. It was the beginning of the end in that general area with looting and raids becoming the norm from early on. Amber and her mother along with a handful of divided families from the base managed to abscond in a midnight dash of women and children which began life on the move over a few years.

With some of the split families finally being reunited with some of the surviving armed servicemen and women, a small settlement grew as they worked to fortify their small caravan and started to stockpile goods and fuel. On the edge of the wastelands, outside of the ruins of any major city, Ember grew up in a modified military fashion. Curfews and guard duty meant she learned to use weapons early but she was more motivated towards medical care. During a raid, her mother became seriously wounded. Ember worked alongside the medical team that was undersupplied and hampered by a lack of real training above that of a surgical nurse. She witnessed first hand how vital education, something nearly impossible to attain after the bombs, was.

That raid left Ember an orphan and landed her a captive along with another young woman who was the surgical nurse that had tried to save her mother's life. They stuck together, the nurse taking on a caregiver role towards the younger girl. Through the nurse, Ember learned as much as she could on improvised first-aid treatments. She was skilled and logical but able to figure out improvised medical care. The nurse was protective of Ember and became the younger woman's first lover, something that got the nurse killed by a jealous raider who had taken a shine to Ember and her long red hair. The man kept Ember close after that, claiming her as his own and keeping on a short leash (literally). She barely managed to keep her wits through the rapes and beatings that followed as she mourned her losses as she spends her day

Status: Uncaptured at the start of the game. Part of the small settlement attacked by the Coyotes.

Character’s Sexuality: Ember has adjusted to life throwing any sexual partners at her over the years. She is bisexual with a preference for women.

Player’s Limits: No mutilation, no scat, no heavy cutting.

Offline Clio

« Reply #61 on: September 20, 2019, 08:39:36 PM »
I was thinking the Coyotes killed her family. That would be why, after 11 years, she’s still not moved up to a raider.

Also, I was very close to choosing Riley Keough for my FC, but I decided to go with Lena Katina again. Lol.

Offline Nymphadora

« Reply #62 on: Yesterday at 07:03:12 AM »
Thanks, Clio and yeah, knowing you tend to go for redheads as well, I knew my taking so long was a risk to having to go hunting for a new character ref lol

Offline Clio

« Reply #63 on: Yesterday at 01:49:01 PM »
Thanks, Clio and yeah, knowing you tend to go for redheads as well, I knew my taking so long was a risk to having to go hunting for a new character ref lol

Haha. Then I’m glad I didn’t pick her. Sorry I took so long!

Offline Amarlo

« Reply #64 on: Yesterday at 04:15:41 PM »
Hello every body! I may not be a GM but I know we need more characters! Particularly Raiders. So if you've been eyeballing this, come join us!

Offline Nymphadora

« Reply #65 on: Yesterday at 05:53:09 PM »
Haha. Then I’m glad I didn’t pick her. Sorry I took so long!

No worries at all, took me a while too! :)

@Amarlo - Thanks for drawing more attention to us!  :)

Don't forget the OOC is up now folks! Head on over. We're going to put up some details on the startup idea soon.

Offline Aiden

« Reply #66 on: Today at 12:17:15 AM »
You guys still need raiders?

Offline Amarlo

« Reply #67 on: Today at 12:18:39 AM »
You guys still need raiders?

Yes sirry! The more, the merrier. ;D

Offline FreyaValentine

• The Ultimate Switch.
  • Lady
  • Bacchae
  • Have you ever licked a lamp post in winter?
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #68 on: Today at 12:30:19 AM »
Can I join in on either raider or captive?