News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

5th Ed D&D - The Legend of Dryad Wood

Started by Devil's Advocate, April 12, 2015, 11:51:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devil's Advocate

I'm looking for people that would be interested in playing in an online game of the newest edition of D&D.  Since D&D has charm spells and other spells that can force you to act against your will, I'm thinking that this has to be classified as non-con, although I do not believe it will be very heavy, if at all, on the non-con content.  However, I'd like to keep all bases covered so I/we do not violate any E rules.

Stats would be epic buy for first level characters.  Feel free to PM me a concept and/or state your interest here.

Here's the concept's start (in the world of Greyhawk):

You have lived your entire life in the sleepy city of Dryad Wood.  It is a small city, perhaps 300-400 people made up primarily (if not completely) of humans, half-elves and elves.  The city is located in the Gnarley Forest.  Legends state that the city was founded over a hundred years ago by a dryad who made a deal with a human and and elf to offer mutual protection.  However, no dryad had ever been seen in or around the city and many suspect that this was a fairy tale to make people feel safe at night since it is isolated from much of civilization. 

Recently, however, more and more people of varying races have been travelling through Dryad Wood.  Some seek refuge, shelter and others are passing through.  All the travelers speak of new cities and towns appearing out of nowhere and invasions from strange people taking over their homes and pillaging their towns.  Such horrors have not yet come to Dryad Wood but the stories coming from different places are hard to dismiss. 

The council of Dryad Wood seeks adventurers and city folk itching for adventure to discover the nature of these rumors and see if they pose a threat to Dryad Wood.  If they do, they will require your council on how to end the threat or take whatever action is deemed necessary.  This may be your chance to see the world at large.  The council will supply you (as a first level adventurer).  Do you dare take the risk? 
O/o's

A/a's

The trouble with resisting temptation is that is may never come again!

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Devil's Advocate

Wonderful!  If we get one interested player every 5 minutes, we're going to have a rather large party.  I love it!  :)
O/o's

A/a's

Evael

I haven't played 5e before, but I've been eager to try it out. Consider me interested.

Devil's Advocate

Quote from: Evael on April 13, 2015, 12:36:28 AM
I haven't played 5e before, but I've been eager to try it out. Consider me interested.

Wonderful!  5e is so much easier than 3, 3.5 and Pathfinder.  Takes me way back to my 2nd ed days.  You'll catch on fairly quickly, I assure you.  :)  Do you have the PH or a PDF of it? 
O/o's

A/a's

Evael

Quote from: Devil's Advocate on April 13, 2015, 12:45:37 AM
Wonderful!  5e is so much easier than 3, 3.5 and Pathfinder.  Takes me way back to my 2nd ed days.  You'll catch on fairly quickly, I assure you.  :)  Do you have the PH or a PDF of it?
I'll grab the PDF next time I'm at a computer.

I've heard a lot of good about it, for sure!

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Chulanowa

hesitant interest - 5E games on E seem cursed, but i really want to play the system.

What are your creation outlines?

(If there's any way I can play a gnoll, centaur, satyr or minotaur, especially, let me know!  ;D )

JoanieSappho

I've got the hankering to play a curte little halfling boy, so if that's fine I'm definitely interested.

Devil's Advocate

Quote from: Evael on April 13, 2015, 01:12:49 AM
I'll grab the PDF next time I'm at a computer.

I've heard a lot of good about it, for sure!

It is a great system.  I especially love advantage/disadvantage and how people are forced to have a background complete with traits and flaws.

Quote from: Muse on April 13, 2015, 02:56:12 AM
Oh! May I play?  :)

Absolutely.  It would be nice to write with you again.

Quote from: Chulanowa on April 13, 2015, 03:05:06 AM
hesitant interest - 5E games on E seem cursed, but i really want to play the system.

What are your creation outlines?

(If there's any way I can play a gnoll, centaur, satyr or minotaur, especially, let me know!  ;D )

I would not know about a 5E curse as I have been gone for around a year from E.  Silly real life and law practice that got in the way.  :)  In any case, 27 point buy as described in the PH.  All PH races permitted (therefore, no gnoll, centur, satyr, or minotaur); however, please remember that Dryad Wood itself is human, elven and half-elven.  If you play something else, you're not likely a resident; however, you may be a frequent visitor or you may be someone seeking refuge.  Let me know what you might choose for that via PM so we could work it out. 

Quote from: JoanieSappho on April 13, 2015, 06:27:35 AM
I've got the hankering to play a curte little halfling boy, so if that's fine I'm definitely interested.

Great!  Do it!  Create it!  :)
O/o's

A/a's

Devil's Advocate

We already have 5 interested, which is a great start.  In my experience in E, generally, we should have double of what a good party should have to keep the game/writing going.  Therefore, I would ask you to submit via PM your character concepts with stats, traits, etc. 

If you need help, let me know.  I'm happy to assist.  Once I get 4 approved concepts, I'll get a forum set up and we'll be on our adventuring way!
O/o's

A/a's

RubySlippers

Devil's Advocate

Quote from: RubySlippers on April 13, 2015, 08:12:47 AM
Sounds fun. interested.

Create a character and PM it to me. Working on my cell phone now, so hard to do more than look. :)
O/o's

A/a's

Revelation

I'm likewise interested and if there aren't too many players yet i'll be submitting a character. Maybe a paladin or fighter, or I might even go crazy and try a warlock. I'll try to get a sheet submitted today.

Etherealgirl

Awesome! I am interested. I wanna play a female halfling Druid. :D

Devil's Advocate

Quote from: Changingsaint on April 13, 2015, 01:50:07 PM
I'm likewise interested and if there aren't too many players yet i'll be submitting a character. Maybe a paladin or fighter, or I might even go crazy and try a warlock. I'll try to get a sheet submitted today.

Please submit.  I have never turned anyone away based on numbers.  Real life, etc. causes attrition and I'd rather have more to make everything work.  Feel free to draft something up.  :)

Quote from: Etherealgirl on April 13, 2015, 02:08:54 PM
Awesome! I am interested. I wanna play a female halfling Druid. :D

Wonderful!   Put her together and PM me.  I want to have at least 4 completed characters before I set up a group.  :)
O/o's

A/a's

Muse

Can we give sumaries of what we want to submit in here?  I'd like ot fill a party roll. 

This is an original setting?  What pantheons are availble if I'd like to use a cleric? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

CeruleanSerenity

I'm interested, then, if room isn't an issue... I'm currently trying to get back into things, but once I'm confident I'm keeping up with the games I'm in, I could submit a character.

AndyZ

Currently working on a warlock.  Hopefully nobody else grabs that spot, but I can give it up if somebody else really wants it.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

JoanieSappho

... just as I type in that I've made a halfling cleric. Ah well. As for pantheons, I read the original post that we were in Greyhawk, with their one.

Chulanowa

I was gonna go with my halfling druid, too.  ;D Oh well, she can wait!

Well, I'm good for anything except rogue - i'm all rogued out. Maybe something heavy melee. Or... y'know I haven't really given the warlocks a look. Hmmmm. Brainstorming time!

Muse

Hm... 

So we have warlock and cleric.  Caster might not be so important. 

I'll dig around about offering some muscle, then.  :) 

Maybe a guy, since we have so many Lady's applying.  *bows* 

Chulanowa

Oh, don't invest in me having a warlock just yet. I don't even know what the shit they do, aside from listen to linkin park  O8)

AndyZ

I was working on a warlock, Chul.  Would you rather I went rogue?

Chulanowa

Oh, I missed that  :-[

No no, carry on. I'll cook something up.