Cyberpunk/Transhuman Romance (Seeking M/F/TS)

Started by vanTheMad, April 02, 2015, 02:07:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vanTheMad

Hi E!

I've recently started getting into Eclipse Phase, as a system, and I really like the setting of it. Right now I'm interested in a very specific plot thread that came more or less out of a character idea I had while starting a new campaign with some friends. While this is intended for the Eclipse Phase setting, or a similar transhumanist setting, I don't intend this to be a system roleplay, I'm merely drawing from the fluff of the game. I'm dedicating a whole post to this because this is a very, very specific craving that I would rank higher than any of the other ideas I have open on my actual cravings page, so I hope someone is interested in it!

A Voice in Your Head

In the future, minds can be backed up, stored, and uploaded as easily as we back up our harddrives now. Most people have, from birth, been given implants or opportunities to expand to different "morphs," all manners of bio-engineered or synthetic shells to house their consciousness. One of the most common implants in this transhuman future is that of the Muse. Muses are often implanted during childhood, and are intended to act as a sort of mentor and companion to the child, and for many, their lifelong companion is as integral to their being as their own personality. While typical Muse implants are nothing more than simple AI, rarely some elect for, or are given, full-fledged consciousnesses in place of the normal AI. While sometimes these consciousnesses are more advanced AI, they are more often actual human minds, stored as data and running exclusively as a Muse, often those whose bodies were lost or destroyed and lacked the means to access another true morph. Known as infomorphs, they can communicate with their host and access their host's sensory information, but without extreme modifications and specific implants, are unable to control the host in any real way.

The idea for the roleplay itself would be that your character purchases or receives a Muse implant only later in their life, and I would take the role of thee infomorph contained within the implant. Born a male, my character was a soldier for most of their life for one of the various hypercorporations that populate the system. Due to this, he has spent most of his "life" in special, gene-modified combat biomorphs known as Furies, which are almost always biologically female. In spite of being male, and still having a male consciousness and outlooks, his mental imprint of his own appearance has taken on the appearance of a Fury, and even as an infomorph, he represents his "appearance" in the hosts consciousness as a female.

As the host and Muse would share an extreme degree of intimacy, I thought this would make for a really interesting romance story; the plot would be very light on smut, though it is entirely possible and could make for some interesting writing. The idea would be that your character may not even realize that I'm an infomorph at first, and it could make for some interesting roleplay later on. Some interesting issues to explore would be the sexuality between an incorporeal consciousness and their host, but additionally, based on your preference, my character could at some point obtain a new morph, either as another Fury or some other form that you're interested in.

I would genuinely love to hear your ideas and concepts, and look forward to your feedback, so please don't hesitate to PM me! I will generally not return to this thread to check on replies, so a PM is the best way to contact me.

vanTheMad

My intended character:

Name: Reagan Hierro
Gender: Male mentally, but sees himself as female physically due to extended use of Fury morphs.
Sexuality: Open to all

Background: Reinstated. Reagan was a soldier before the Fall, and died before he could be evacuated off of Earth.
Faction: Extropian
Morph: Infomorph. As an infomorph, Reagan has no physical body, but exists as a digital consciousness, preferring to act as a Muse for other people.

Bio: Reagan was born on Earth before the Fall, and spent most of his early life as a soldier working for various hypercorporations. When the fall happened, he wasn't one of the lucky ones to make it off of Earth alive; his consciousness was saved last minute and beamed offworld for storage. With no physical body to inhabit, he found himself uploaded into the ghostrider module of a socialite living in one of the Lunar colonies to serve as a Muse. He did so, without a terrible amount of fuss (these were the people who saved him from dead storage, he often told himself), for almost a decade, until he found himself one day seperated from the socialite who had been his host, with his memory foggy and the identity of the socialite gone completely, along with his memory of the last week. From there, he has remained an infomorph, finding a certain comfort in it, and has continued to search for a new host to bond with.

Postive Traits: Right at Home (Furies). Since Reagan was a soldier, he spent much of his life sleeved inside of Fury morphs, and as such, finds their form easy to control and almost comforting to inhabit.
Negative Traits: Edited Memories. For several years after his consciousness was transmitted off-world, he spent his life serving as a Muse inside one of the giltterati's ghostrider modules, though now that time is hazy and distant, and he has no real memory of who he was with or what occured during that time.
Neural Damage (Amusica): When Reagan's consciousness was uploaded offworld, some loss of data during transmission has resulted in a minor, but inconvenient, level of neurological damage and have left him with an inability to understand or make any form of music.