Mutants & Masterminds and/or Pathfinder

Started by MasterMischief, March 28, 2015, 10:50:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterMischief

I would like to try my hand at a group game again.  I would not say my previous attempts were resounding successes, but I am an awesome llama, so awesomeness can not be far away.  I am considering a Mutants & Masterminds 2e game but I do not really have a particular set up in mind.  Oh, I have all kinds of crazy ideas, but many of them are pretty niche and unlikely to find interest in an already fairly niched audience.  I have a more specific idea for Pathfinder but it is not really my first choice.

I am curious what sort of M&M campaign would find interest on Elliquiy.  Do most people want a gritty street level game set in a city like Gotham.  Or is there a market for a four color group saving the world from alien invasion.  Would more than one person be interested in supers in a historical setting.

The Pathfinder idea I have would be an all Rogue team set in a major city (Absalom, Magnimar, Westcrown).  Think Charles Dickens Fagin's kids grown up and looking to make a name for themselves.

So my fellow Elliquians, what sort of M&M game would you like or does a Pathfinder thieves guild campaign strike your fancy?

Snake

I'd be interested for a pathfinder thieves' guild RP

Hexed

Always up for Pathfinder myself!

As for M&M... The game not the candy. :P   I don't know much about it myself but a gritty street level game would/could be fun. Not quite sure about a saving the world group though, mostly since I'm not sure about the game system itself.

vanTheMad

In response to your MnM question; I personally love four-color, silver age style heroes, but I do love to stop some villains with them on street level over mass-scale world saving.

Chulanowa

An "all rogue" Pathfinder game would get kinda... flat pretty quickly. Maybe aim it more towards "rogue-ish concepts," barring certain angles (sort of like how Skull and Shackles tells you "yeah, lawful characters... not so much maybe. paladin? don't try.")

kckolbe

I'm with Chula on this one.  I tend to prefer more neutral, selfish-but-not overtly-criminal types. 
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

MasterMischief

Quote from: Chulanowa on March 28, 2015, 05:04:23 PM
An "all rogue" Pathfinder game would get kinda... flat pretty quickly.

I do not share your opinion.

Quote from: kckolbe on March 28, 2015, 05:49:36 PM
I tend to prefer more neutral, selfish-but-not overtly-criminal types.

No one thinks they are the bad guy.  Disney's Aladdin was an 'overt' criminal.

Chulanowa

Well, I just mean as a single-class party.  :-)  You've got all sorts of rogue-y "types" in pathfinder, and ways to make many classes fit into the "theives guild" concept.

That said, a team of ratfolk rogues would be amusing
"You see the tarresque. What do you do?"
"We huddle in a pile and sneak-attack the shit out of it. *sound of a thousand D 6's rolling*"
"You see the tarresque explode in a spray of hamburger."

kckolbe

Quote from: MasterMischief on March 28, 2015, 06:08:31 PM
Disney's Aladdin was an 'overt' criminal.

He was, and that's not a concept I'd enjoy. 
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

RubySlippers

Depends if you allow third party that rogue that trains pets would be fun, why rob a store if a monkey or squirrels in teams can snatch things in a shop to sell. Its not overpowered and better than the official version IMHO.

I'm thinking a good LN guild professional sort of rogue with a code, well for a rogue.

Leodouble08

I agree with MasterMischief. Just because you're all rogue (not talking about the class) doesn't mean everyone is going to play a rogue (the class).

In D&D 3.5 there is a book called "Complete Scoundrel" which gives excellent examples on how a scoundrel can be played as any class AND alignment.

While Complete Scoundrel doesn't translate well into Pathfinder, it would allow you to get ideas.

Muse

Oh! 

I'd love etiher of these ideas.  Perhaps Mutants nad MAsterminds more.  I think there's almost any sort of superhero game I'd enjoy playing.  i don't get to play many of them, so i'm not burned on any themes these days
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Innocence

I'd be up for a rogue pathfinder game.  I don't often play a sneaky cunning character so that might be something I'd like to try.

VonDoom

Folks, this thread is from back in March.  :-\
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Muse

*nods*  I did figure it was something like that.  Didn't know if  M.M. wanted it revived or not.  *Shrugs* 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Mnemaxa

Rats. 

I was hoping to convince Dim to revisit our spooky  twins.  Perhaps as young men this time.

The Well of my Dreams is Poisoned; I draw off the Poison, which becomes the Ink of my Authorship, the Paint upon my Brush.