You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 10, 2016, 08:16:33 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Mutants & Masterminds and/or Pathfinder  (Read 356 times)

Offline MasterMischiefTopic starter

Mutants & Masterminds and/or Pathfinder
« on: March 28, 2015, 10:50:39 AM »
I would like to try my hand at a group game again.  I would not say my previous attempts were resounding successes, but I am an awesome llama, so awesomeness can not be far away.  I am considering a Mutants & Masterminds 2e game but I do not really have a particular set up in mind.  Oh, I have all kinds of crazy ideas, but many of them are pretty niche and unlikely to find interest in an already fairly niched audience.  I have a more specific idea for Pathfinder but it is not really my first choice.

I am curious what sort of M&M campaign would find interest on Elliquiy.  Do most people want a gritty street level game set in a city like Gotham.  Or is there a market for a four color group saving the world from alien invasion.  Would more than one person be interested in supers in a historical setting.

The Pathfinder idea I have would be an all Rogue team set in a major city (Absalom, Magnimar, Westcrown).  Think Charles Dickens Fagin's kids grown up and looking to make a name for themselves.

So my fellow Elliquians, what sort of M&M game would you like or does a Pathfinder thieves guild campaign strike your fancy?

Offline Snake

Re: Mutants & Masterminds and/or Pathfinder
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 12:09:04 PM »
I'd be interested for a pathfinder thieves' guild RP

Offline Hexed

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2015, 02:47:42 PM »
Always up for Pathfinder myself!

As for M&M... The game not the candy. :P   I don't know much about it myself but a gritty street level game would/could be fun. Not quite sure about a saving the world group though, mostly since I'm not sure about the game system itself.

Offline vanTheMad

• Archduke of Makebelieve
  • Lord
  • Enchanted
  • But how could you live and have no story to tell?
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2015, 03:08:06 PM »
In response to your MnM question; I personally love four-color, silver age style heroes, but I do love to stop some villains with them on street level over mass-scale world saving.

Offline Chulanowa

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2015, 05:04:23 PM »
An "all rogue" Pathfinder game would get kinda... flat pretty quickly. Maybe aim it more towards "rogue-ish concepts," barring certain angles (sort of like how Skull and Shackles tells you "yeah, lawful characters... not so much maybe. paladin? don't try.")

Offline kckolbe

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2015, 05:49:36 PM »
I'm with Chula on this one.  I tend to prefer more neutral, selfish-but-not overtly-criminal types. 

Offline MasterMischiefTopic starter

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2015, 06:08:31 PM »
An "all rogue" Pathfinder game would get kinda... flat pretty quickly.

I do not share your opinion.

I tend to prefer more neutral, selfish-but-not overtly-criminal types.

No one thinks they are the bad guy.  Disney's Aladdin was an 'overt' criminal.

Offline Chulanowa

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2015, 06:19:09 PM »
Well, I just mean as a single-class party.  :-)  You've got all sorts of rogue-y "types" in pathfinder, and ways to make many classes fit into the "theives guild" concept.

That said, a team of ratfolk rogues would be amusing
"You see the tarresque. What do you do?"
"We huddle in a pile and sneak-attack the shit out of it. *sound of a thousand D 6's rolling*"
"You see the tarresque explode in a spray of hamburger."
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 06:20:37 PM by Chulanowa »

Offline kckolbe

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2015, 06:36:36 PM »
Disney's Aladdin was an 'overt' criminal.

He was, and that's not a concept I'd enjoy. 

Online RubySlippers

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2015, 06:57:01 PM »
Depends if you allow third party that rogue that trains pets would be fun, why rob a store if a monkey or squirrels in teams can snatch things in a shop to sell. Its not overpowered and better than the official version IMHO.

I'm thinking a good LN guild professional sort of rogue with a code, well for a rogue.

Online Leodouble08

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2015, 06:33:16 AM »
I agree with MasterMischief. Just because you're all rogue (not talking about the class) doesn't mean everyone is going to play a rogue (the class).

In D&D 3.5 there is a book called "Complete Scoundrel" which gives excellent examples on how a scoundrel can be played as any class AND alignment.

While Complete Scoundrel doesn't translate well into Pathfinder, it would allow you to get ideas.

Offline Muse

• Bibliopheliac -- Luna's Arcangel -- PiP's Sidhe Lord -- Karasu's Heartthrob -- Tyloka's Dragon -- Mistress Voluptuouss's Hand Bra -- Making Allanger Welcome at her Destination
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 6
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2015, 08:07:40 AM »
Oh! 

I'd love etiher of these ideas.  Perhaps Mutants nad MAsterminds more.  I think there's almost any sort of superhero game I'd enjoy playing.  i don't get to play many of them, so i'm not burned on any themes these days

Offline Innocence

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2015, 09:03:13 AM »
I'd be up for a rogue pathfinder game.  I don't often play a sneaky cunning character so that might be something I'd like to try.

Offline VonDoom

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2015, 09:04:22 AM »
Folks, this thread is from back in March.  :-\

Offline Muse

• Bibliopheliac -- Luna's Arcangel -- PiP's Sidhe Lord -- Karasu's Heartthrob -- Tyloka's Dragon -- Mistress Voluptuouss's Hand Bra -- Making Allanger Welcome at her Destination
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 6
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2015, 09:20:10 AM »
  *nods*  I did figure it was something like that.  Didn't know if  M.M. wanted it revived or not.  *Shrugs* 

Offline Mnemaxa

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2015, 02:38:55 AM »
Rats. 

I was hoping to convince Dim to revisit our spooky  twins.  Perhaps as young men this time.